General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 9,961 to 9,980 of 10,459

AuthorMessage

ArabPikachu

9,961. Posted:

It'd be cool if they made a cosplay replica of Future Gohan's gi.

Edited on by ArabPikachu

ArabPikachu

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,962. Posted:

ArabPikachu wrote:

...what made his Gi different from Goku's? The symbol on the back?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ArabPikachu

9,963. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

ArabPikachu wrote:

...what made his Gi different from Goku's? The symbol on the back?

Not to mention longer sleeves

Of course, I forgot to mention that I'd like a cosplay replica of Future Gohan's boots (dark blue with yellowish stripes on the bottom edges and without the line running in the middle of the boots from top to bottom)

ArabPikachu

Nintendo Network ID: Fikachu

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,964. Posted:

Huh, I never really noticed that before...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,965. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Tobias95 wrote:

Bought the second Wandering son book yesterday. Its my first manga ^^ I'm gonna get the rest of the Wandering son books, but do any of you have other recomendations?

I ain't got much since when I read manga, it's usually really dark and serious, or at least action-heavy. I Hear the K-On College manga (basically just the college arc of the original manga) was pretty good, though.

I bought that back when it released here in the states. It is pretty good! The comedy and characters are largely unchanged though and don't seem to act any differently despite having the responsibility of college thrown on them. Not that anyone should expect character development in K-on, lol. Comedy's pretty funny though and I enjoyed the characters they introduced. Especially the tomboyish girl whose name I always draw a blank on. It's a nice choice for a slice of life.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

9,966. Posted:

Just saw my bro watching Stardust Memory, and I just realized that it probably has one of the best openings of Gundam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYr-2hagV4o

@CanisWolfred: What are your favorites opening of Gundam?

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,967. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Just saw my bro watching Stardust Memory, and I just realized that it probably has one of the best openings of Gundam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYr-2hagV4o

@CanisWolfred: What are your favorites opening of Gundam?

You know The WINNER is one of them. :P But seriously, my top 5:

5. Rhythm Emotion (Gundam Wing)
4. The WINNER (Stardust Memories)
3. Stand Up To The Victory (Victory Gundam)
2. Dreams/Resolution (Gundam X) (Tie)
1. INVOKE (Gundam SEED)

Honorable Mention: Tobe, Gundam (Gundam 0079)

I could obviously list more, but I feel like this is enough, though I wish I could've fit in the Opening from 08th MS Team. However, I only wanted to list ones I could remember off the top of my head without looking it up.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tobias95

9,968. Posted:

Might give K-on a go, as I like the anime. How is the pokemon manga?

I am from Norway. Pleas have in mind my english might not be the best. but I am trying ;)

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355 | Nintendo Network ID: hylfrid

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,969. Posted:

Tobias95 wrote:

Might give K-on a go, as I like the anime. How is the pokemon manga?

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. It's pretty good stuff, actually. Much more intricate and detailed than the games or anime as far as setting and story go, IMO.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,970. Posted:

So Bryna Lee O'Malley's newest graphic novel is out! What does anyone think of or is anyone looking forward to it?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

9,971. Posted:

Will try and pick it up it up next week when I go to my local comic shop. It looks pretty rad however.

Comic-con is next week and i'm not seeing that much related to anime and Manga. What I did find was

Robotech Panel

Tommy Yune, director of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles and Steve Yun, screenwriter of Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles showcase all the latest live-action and animated Robotech projects in production.

Kodansha Comic's Panel

Kodansha Comics is back in San Diego and ready to talk about the hottest manga of the year, Attack on Titan! Penguin Random House's Dallas Middaugh and Kodansha USA's Kana Koide talk about what's happening with Sailor Moon, Attack on Titan, Fairy Tail, Vinland Saga and No. 6, to name just a few. They'll have some new title announcements and an Attack on Titan sampler for everyone to check out.

Bryan Lee O'mally spotlight

Comic-Con special guest Bryan Lee O'Malley, creator of the bestselling Scott Pilgrim graphic novel series, discusses his newest project, Seconds, with Laura Hudson (Wired).

Sailor Moon Panel

VIZ Media is releasing the 200-episode classic Sailor Moon series for the first time on Blu-ray and with an all-new completely uncut and uncensored English dub. Join members of the VIZ Animation team for a presentation on all the ins and outs of the production of this legendary anime series. Bring your questions, too, for the Q&A session at the end!

30 years of Usagi Yojimbo

Comic-Con special guest Stan Sakai, creator of Usagi Yojimbo, is interviewed by Dark Horse editor Diana Schutz about the upcoming Senso miniseries, The Sakai Project, and the return of the regular Usagi series after a two-year hiatus.

Udon 2014

Meet UDON's artists and editors, including Joe Ng (Street Fighter Origins: Akuma), Long Vo (Street Fighter II HD Remix), and Chris Butcher (director of marketing, UDON) as they discuss this year's big hits and preview their upcoming 2014/2015 books, including the new Manga Classics line. Panel attendees will be the first to hear about some amazing as yet unannounced titles featuring iconic properties from across the pop culture spectrum.

The best and worst manga of 2014

There's a lot of manga available in English now, but what's really worth reading? A panel of opinionated bloggers, retailers, manga mavens, and comics curmudgeons spotlight the best new manga that hit the shelves in the past year. Hear them rave about their favorite continuing series! Watch them rant about the excruciatingly mediocre manga that they were forced to read (so you won't have to)! Find out which manga Brigid Alverson (CBR, Robot 6, MangaBlog, Good Comics for Kids), David Brothers (4th Letter), Christopher Butcher (Comics212.net), and Deb Aoki (MangaComicsManga.com, Publishers Weekly) have loved and loathed so far this year, hear about their picks for the most anticipated upcoming releases for fall and beyond, and discover their favorite underappreciated gems that are worth picking up.

Japanese Visual Novels :Stiens: Gate and Beyond

Japan has long had a history of "visual novels", which are highly evolved story-based games for PC as well as game consoles like PS2/PS3. These games simulate interaction between the player and various characters, often with romantic elements. While many games are adult, the genre is well represented by both adult and nonadult games, and many of the top games are made into mainstream anime series. Peter Payne, owner of JASTUSA, will outline the history of these games from the 1980s to now and will include discussion of the growth of the genre, as well as covering subgenres. Examples of these are "otome games," or girl-centric romance Sims for female players (one of the hottest kind of games for girls in Japan now), and games like Steins;Gate, a hardcore sci-fi/time travel visual novel (all ages) with romantic themes. Steins;Gate was recently released in the USA in English.

Seems like SDCC has become less of a comic/manga show and a showcase for movies and TV.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

AzureFashionist

9,972. Posted:

Untitled

Are you feeling it yet Mr. Krabs? Does it brighten up your day? And also that Build God Gundam does look nice.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ♥
Formally known as "AzureFashionista" but I'm one letter short... Life's hollow.
Also formally known as "Meat Shield."
Friend Safari: Dragon: Gabite, Sliggoo, Fraxure.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7775-4464

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

9,973. Posted:

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but the second to last scene in the 2nd episode of Sword Art Online II might just be the most amazing piece of animation I saw in 2014. I know it's connected to Kirito and his quest to be the most bland male power fantasy imaginable, but good god look at all of that animation budget.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Astraea

9,974. Posted:

After watching a lot of bad anime this week, I had to see the second and third episodes of Aldnoah.Zero today, and they were awesome. The good guys were clearly outmatched in terms of power, but they still managed to win a round with sharp intellect. I'm glad the story is going at a good pace. I really love the opening song by Kalafina too.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei was also awesome today. Tatsuya has some mad shooting skills, and since it was broadcasted on live television I doubt he'll be able to maintain his identity in secret for long.

It appears he's some sort of guinea pig for the military. That poor guy can't get a break.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

RR529

9,975. Posted:

Yeah, I should be getting the TV really early tonight (8 p.m.), so I should have no problem catching the full Toonami lineup. May also squeeze in an anime movie beforehand as well (probably the first InuYasha movie, as I haven't watched it yet this year).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

9,976. Posted:

I've been watching Kyoukai no Kanata lately (a few seasons ago, I know) and it's been fun so far. So much angst, as per KyoAni usual, but I really like the ending song! I also bought the Honey and Clover and Planetes Blu-rays, and they were so cheap too! This should incentivise me to actually finish Planetes, lol

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

9,977. Posted:

So when did Sailor Moon jump back up in relevance. Its everywhere on Tumblr and folks talking about it.

Untitled

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

AzureFashionist

9,978. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

So when did Sailor Moon jump back up in relevance. Its everywhere on Tumblr and folks talking about it.

As soon as it got a reboot in the form of Pretty Guardian Sailor Moon Crystal.

Edited on by AzureFashionist

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ ♥
Formally known as "AzureFashionista" but I'm one letter short... Life's hollow.
Also formally known as "Meat Shield."
Friend Safari: Dragon: Gabite, Sliggoo, Fraxure.

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7775-4464

AuthorMessage

RR529

9,979. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Attack on Titan - Tense & dire episode, though that seems to be the series in a nutshell, from what little of it I've seen.

Bleach - Meh...

Space Dandy - This was a pretty funny episode.

Naruto Shippuden - The chase finally ended, and they beat the crud out of the villain, though he has seemed to escape at the last moment...

One Piece - Once again, our heroes are soundly trounced by the members of CP9. It appears all heck's about to break loose soon, as they're arriving at Enies Lobby. Can't wait for all the action.

Blue Exorcist - Let's see. The Vatican is purging the world of demons with blood sucking weapons invented by Count Dracula (well, that's what they inferred), and using all that demon blood, they're going to open a gate to Hell (by sacrificing the devil's son in a ceremony), only to bomb the crap out of it with a WMD known as "The Messiah"... (I get it now! This is clearly a South Park plot cleverly disguised as an anime!!)

Black Lagoon - Crazy good action tonight. Loved the fat guy with the flamethrower (he was like some sort of twisted Hank Hill in some ways). Surprising twist about the "nun" character, too. Hope that Chinese woman doesn't end up dying, though.

Oh, and lot's of announcements tonight (most through a Q & A segment):

• Promo for the Enies Lobby arc of One Piece was shown off.
  • Announcement of Gurren Lagaan to air starting August.
  • Announcement of DBZ Kai Uncut airing this fall.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RR529

9,980. Posted:

Well, I think I'm going to take a bit of a hiatus from Ranma 1/2 (manga).

I am really enjoying it, but as a comedy with no real big overall goal, it's tough to keep interest over a long period of time (that, and the place I'm reading it from is missing a few chapters, jumping from Vol. 16 Chapter 11, to Vol. 17 Chapter 1, so I couldn't finish this last little arc, which has thrown me off, lol).

Though, now I have no idea what to read...

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)