General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 9,921 to 9,940 of 10,478

AuthorMessage

Squid

9,921. Posted:

NintenNess wrote:

That Jotaro's hat though on Jojo's Biazzare Adventures Stardust Crusaders. It's like it's becoming part of his hair or something.

Untitled
Untitled

The hair is actually part of his hat. :)

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Nazo_no_Hikari

9,922. Posted:

Squid wrote:

NintenNess wrote:

That Jotaro's hat though on Jojo's Biazzare Adventures Stardust Crusaders. It's like it's becoming part of his hair or something.

Untitled
Untitled

The hair is actually part of his hat. :)

Huh, no wonder it blend in so well! XD

Don't even bother reading this signature. Wait, you're reading this signature aren't you? (¬_¬)

私のなまえ謎の光です。

My name is The Mysterious Light (Nazo no Hikari). I still go by the name NintenNess, but you can call me either way.

Nintendo Network ID: NintyNess

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,923. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Well me and my little brother finished Digimon Tamers. Gets me every time. We both cried at the end, lol. The dub is really good. In fact if it weren't for a few things I'd prefer it to the Japanese version.
Before now Adventure and Tamers were tied for my favorite but I think that was mostly nostalgia. Adventure was strong but Tamers is now my favorite.

Tamers >Adventure > Adventure II> Frontier > all the rest I haven't seen.

100% agree.
The rest would go
Tamers > Adventure > Adventure ll > Frontier > Savers >>> Xros Wars

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

9,924. Posted:

@Canis_Wolfred

I'd say try a comic book that's already finished like Y: The Last Man or Criminal which is more of an anthology. You should loo at Image, Boom, and Dark Horse for what you mainly want. Though even comic's from those seem to be unfocused at time. (I'm pretty sure the only reason why the walking dead is still running is because the brand has become popular).

I think there are a couple of comics that already have had a definte end. Morrison's Batman finished with its end game.

For a shonen Manga Devilman is pretty depressing at the end.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

9,925. Posted:

I was gonna try to get into another new season anime despite the recent Kindaichi anime only being half over but then I realized that's probably too much. Especially if I want to do anything this Summer! Not that it matters, because all everyone will be talking about is a nostalgia trip I don't care about and a sequel series that'll inevitably end up on Toonami.

I would recommend the new Kindaichi if you're terrified of Conan's length. But sadly the characters are painfully bland and AFAIK it doesn't have a real long term plot.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Astraea

9,926. Posted:

Alright, I think I've seen most of what the new season has to offer and here are my opinions on a few anime.

Rail Wars! - I'm not sure what I was expecting from this anime. For the most part I thought it was boring and tries too hard to keep the viewer's attention with fan service; I don't think uniforms are supposed to show that much curvature. Besides the good OP and ED songs I have nothing good to say about this anime.

Sword Art Online II - Meh.

Invaders of the Rokujyouma - My favorite anime of the season so far. The episode started very slow but then it quickly became hilarious. I think they're explicitly making fun generic anime harems and character stereotypes from various genres. I can't wait to see how the next episode turns out.

They introduced a ghost girl, a magical girl, a girl from the underground, an alien girl, and a fiery landlord (who's also a girl) all in one episode. Oh, and there's some slight fan service too.

Majimoji Rurumo - A supernatural slapstick comedy about a perverted protagonist and a little witch girl that grants his wishes. Every time the MC makes a wish he gets closer to death. I'm assuming there's going to be a rampant amount of fan service in this anime. I'll probably drop it next week.

Jinsei - Relatively boring, I was kind of expecting a barrage of anime references after they made one in the first nine seconds of the episode. I guess I'll skip this series.

Aldnoah.Zero - My first mecha anime of the year. The episode started off slow but gradually become more interesting towards the end. Unfortunately, the series is scheduled to run for 24 episodes. And due to my upcoming schoolwork in the Fall I'll need to hold this anime off for now.

Akame ga Kill! - There was quite a lot of gore and bloodshed in the first episode, but what stood out the most was the serious yet not so serious mood it had. People were clearly getting killed in this medieval dystopia, yet the characters seemed to joke around at awkward intervals. This series will also run for 24 episodes so I won't be watching it until I get out school next semester.

Edited on by Astraea

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

9,927. Posted:

Just watch a random episode of the first season of Sword Art Online (this was my first take on the series) And I'm going to agree with the people that said that is a poorly written show and only cares about making Kirito unstoppable and he can do whatever he wants.

I don't even want to watch the rest of it now.

Edited on by ShadowFox254

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,928. Posted:

Why is it every time I'm interested in a new season, no one else is? Seriously, I've complained before about how foolish it is to dive into a story as it goes on a week to week basis when there are tons of anime already complete to watch, many of which are known qualities, but the three times I've changed my mind and thought it might be worth trying something unknown, I'm suddenly the only one who's the fool. :/

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Astraea

9,929. Posted:

Somehow I feel ignored. ._.

I spent my week grinding the two seasons of A Certain Magical Index and I kind of regret it. I felt a little disappointed as this wasn't my kind of anime. The first two arcs were interesting, but then it started to lose focus on the other characters and they just stuck to the main one. The enemies were always attacking the same city over and over again and some of the heroes seem to survive the impossible. I could go on but I'd rather wait until I finish A Certain Scientific Railgun since the story is a lot of more interesting and darker.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,930. Posted:

Kuuko wrote:

Somehow I feel ignored. ._.

I spent my week grinding the two seasons of A Certain Magical Index and I kind of regret it. I felt a little disappointed as this wasn't my kind of anime. The first two arcs were interesting, but then it started to lose focus on the other characters and they just stuck to the main one. The enemies were always attacking the same city over and over again and some of the heroes seem to survive the impossible. I could go on but I'd rather wait until I finish A Certain Scientific Railgun since the story is a lot of more interesting and darker.

I didn't ignore you. You apparently didn't like any of them, though. I'm just saying, I have no one to discuss things with, and not just here. I go to 3 other forums, including an anime forum, ad it's the same thing at all 3. Either it's too old, or it's it's something new that no one else cares about. I wanna join the club, but the club doesn't want me. :(

I mean, I don't like following the crowd for the sake of it, but still...I guess if it means I get to watch what I want, it's fine, but it's getting boring writing lengthy posts that I'm sure no one reads...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Astraea

9,931. Posted:

You mean the new anime you're watching? I mostly stick to modern anime but I'll watch some of the older stuff if I have time.

I did say I had a favorite anime from this season, but I doubt you'll like it. As for the ones with 24+ episodes, like Aldnoah.Zero or Argevollen, I can't trust myself to focus on my studies for the upcoming school semester if they end up being good. Tokyo Ghoul and Terror in Resonance don't fit my interests, and I haven't watched the first season of Psycho Pass or Black Butler so the new seasons are not on my watch list.

Edited on by Astraea

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

9,932. Posted:

Has anyone seen the new Persona 4 Golden anime? I thought it was okay, but nothing too special. IMO, you should go watch the original anime, since I have a feeling this'll be condensed down to a 13-episodes run covering only the new content added in Golden (which is a shame really, since the original P4 animation is one of my favorite animes)...

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

9,933. Posted:

Terror in Resonance was a blast (both literally and figuratively)! Yoko Kanno continues to prove that jazz music can go with everything. Only real complaint is that there's a weird vague sci-fi backdrop which might make the mystery elements seem like a bit of a cop-out. It reminds me a lot of Eden of the East, actually, with how Lisa gets sucked into the world of Nine and Twelve.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Blast

9,934. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Just watch a random episode of the first season of Sword Art Online (this was my first take on the series) And I'm going to agree with the people that said that is a poorly written show and only cares about making Kirito unstoppable and he can do whatever he wants.

I don't even want to watch the rest of it now.

nods head in agreement

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I do plan on getting a PS4 someday :D

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

AuthorMessage

mamp

9,935. Posted:

@GuardianKing I saw the first episode and I agree with you it look like they're just adding in the Marie content (lame). The first anime was boring too, it was just too rushed to be interesting.

@Kuuko I don't think you'll like Black Butler judging from what I've read from your posts. I feel like it tries too hard to make the main character be like Light from Deathnote, the show and manga really like to shove the subtle (but not too subtle) homoerotic content down your throat, and it has a plot but it doesn't go anywhere with it (well unless you want the fake anime ending [which gets ruined by season 2 anyways] the manga doesn't go anywhere with the plot).

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

9,936. Posted:

@Blast: The show had potential I'll give it that, being trapped in a VRMMORPG where players have to work together in order to clear the 100 floors was very neat of a idea, but then it decided to do a 180 in front of our eyes because everything the players do is to make Kirito look cool and he think he's the only one that matters. The romance between Kirito and Asuna was force for sure. My impression of it was like "Hey, I just met you and this is crazy, but let's get marry and become parents".

Also the force harem element, I have no problem if the show wants to be a harem, but don't just simply put it in to drawn in more viewers for the show, by making Kirito a chick magnet (I'm going to assume it's the black coat that's causing it, because he's too shallow and bland to make the ladies fall head over heels for him), and then just toss the females that Kirito meets aside for Asuna without doing any character development whatsoever (hell, I think the show has no character development at all). And even when he marries Asuna (which destroyed the idea of becoming a harem) the writer thought it would be a good idea to have more ladies fall for him, even when Kirito said Asuna would be the only one for him.

And I heard that Asuna gets molested from a pair of tentacle monsters and the main villain of the 2nd arc and it was done very poorly and distasteful.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,937. Posted:

In otherwords, you saw the second half, since most of the problems you listed are from just the second half. The first half is much better and you don't even really have to go on to the second half since it's ends just find in the first half.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,938. Posted:

So me and my brother were browsing Netflix and for some reason every season of the new Beyblade is up on there. He decided to watch the very last episode.
My god. I have never seen someone try to so desperately make spinning tops intense. The fight ends up going to outer space, piercing through an artificial sun, and killing a man by going straight through his chest. Wow.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

9,939. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

In otherwords, you saw the second half, since most of the problems you listed are from just the second half. The first half is much better and you don't even really have to go on to the second half since it's ends just find in the first half.

I did had some bad problems with the first half, example: in episode 10 where Kirito joins Asuna's guild he tells her the reason why he was a lone wolf because he let his own guild members die because he didn't warn them that it was a trap from the beginning and after that he decided to be alone because he didn't want anyone to die anymore, but would do anything to keep that from happening again. Ironically the next day he's group into a three man team with Godfrey and another team member for a little training session and one of the fellow members betrays them by adding a paralyzing status in their drink, Kirito and Godfrey are at the mercy of the traitor, so the traitor tortures Godfrey first in order to savior the moment for Kirito, we see Godfrey being slash at while Kirito watches in fear, after Godfrey being on his last ounce of HP left we still see Kirito silent and the traitor leads the death blow on Godfrey.

This where it becomes a problem for me, before they left on the journey Asuna stated that Kirito is stronger than Godfrey and Kirito decided to let Godfrey die without even saying a freaking word like "I'm the one you want" or saying "Stop it", when finally came his turn, Kirito thought he would break free from the paralyzing through sheer willpower, just because he's Kirito, but Asuna comes in and saves the day bringing the traitor into his knees and begging for forgiveness, but Asuna lacking common sense decides to lower her guard and the traitor goes for the attack only to be protected by Kirito (since she can't do anything without him) at end who deals the death blow to the traitor.

AuthorMessage

TwilightV

9,940. Posted:

I've been watching the dub of Doraemon. It's pretty good despite the Americanizations and the fact that everyone seems to know who Doraemon is, despite only showing Nobita (Noby) being introduced to him.

I'm considering reading Assassination Classroom. The first chapter really hooked me, and an anime is supposed to be starting soon.

And on the subject of Digimon, Tamers is my favorite. I like all the series with the one exception of Adventure 02's ending. It was like something out of a bad fanfiction...

TwilightV