Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 9,781 to 9,800 of 12,604

CanisWolfred

1. Monster
2. Crossbone Gundam
3. Berserk
4. Getter Robo/Shin Getter Robo
5. Toriko
6. Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Astray
7. Soul Eater
8. Shaman King
9. Magi
10. Black Butler

Honorable Mention goes to Vinland Saga, which I still need to read more of.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

GuSolarFlare

so is No Game No Life good or it's just another not so bad but overhyped anime?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CanisWolfred

GuSolarFlare wrote:

I've yet to see a popular anime that wasn't "overhyped", in the sense that there were people who made it out to be more than it was. "Cult of the New" as they say...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuSolarFlare

CanisWolfred wrote:

GuSolarFlare wrote:

I've yet to see a popular anime that wasn't "overhyped", in the sense that there were people who made it out to be more than it was. "Cult of the New" as they say...

yeah should have used other words for it

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

tobibra

Its Hatsukoi Limited worth watching?

Edited on by tobibra

tobibra

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Neptune

I thought No Game No Life was great. I certainly wasn't expecting it to have psychology and science mixed in. If I had to guess as to why it's overhyped, it would be because of the random references they made throughout the season. However, if you really can't stand lewd humor or fan service then you'll probably want to avoid this.

Neptune

GuSolarFlare

Kuuko wrote:

I thought No Game No Life was great. I certainly wasn't expecting it to have psychology and science mixed in. If I had to guess as to why it's overhyped, it would be because of the random references they made throughout the season. However, if you really can't stand lewd humor or fan service then you'll probably want to avoid this.

then I guess I'll give it a try, I have no problem with fanservice and lewd humor(been watching anime for too long to be bothered by those things XD ) was just worried about plot holes(like SAO with all the weird timeskips on the first half, the scary part is that even so I found the first half of it better than the second) and annoying characters

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

Jazzer94

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Kuuko wrote:

. However, if you really can't stand lewd humor or fan service then you'll probably want to avoid this.

Crap. How much fan service we talking?

Quite a lot tbh. I'm not to keen on tons of fan service but I'd still recommend No Game No Life as it's really good.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

GuSolarFlare

started watching, the idea of wanting to run away from the real world is kinda.... not my style, at all.
but can't judge an anime because of the characters' ideals(especially since I've watched the World God Only Knows and loved it) and all else seems pretty interesting so I'll keep watching

ok after the

WRYYYYYYYYYY

and the Ace Attorney Music with the:

OBJECTION!!

this anime won me with references! XD

my Backloggery

TheKingOfTown

The way they win can kind of feel like an ass-pull at times, but other than that, No Game No Life is pretty solid.

@Jollykarp Any reason why you liked the 21st Century Boys better than 20th Century Boys? Or are you counting the entirety of it in 21st?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

kkslider5552000

21st Century Boys was nothing but an unnecessary fill-in-the-blanks for things we didn't need the answer to story. Basically, imagine if you found out what happened at the end of Inception and it lead to a mediocre climax with minor character 3 from the first hour of the movie and then at the end Michael Caine was the bad guy all along because reasons. That's kinda what it's like.

I don't know why it exists, because I loved 20th Century Boys and that was so unnecessary.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Magikarp3

Oh whoops, I meant 20th Century Boys haha, I messed that one up. 21st Century Boys yeah, it didn't add too much to the plot. I thought the ultimate climax to the series wasn't as great as the mystery arcs which came before though.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

CanisWolfred

Hunter X Hunter's Chimera Ant arc ends next week, so I just watched 5 episodes of it and it's quite gripping so far. And a bit gruesome. They killed off two minor characters I really liked, too...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

Jazzer94 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Kuuko wrote:

. However, if you really can't stand lewd humor or fan service then you'll probably want to avoid this.

Crap. How much fan service we talking?

Quite a lot tbh. I'm not to keen on tons of fan service but I'd still recommend No Game No Life as it's really good.

Yeah, if the anime's entertaining enough I can put up with some fan service. As long as it doesn't lean towards something more like To Love Ru, but that's an ecchi so it doesn't seem like a fair comparison.

RR529

Just finished going through Cutie Honey A GO GO! (Manga).

I'd put it somewhere around the same level quality wise as that Cutie Honey OVA series I watched some time a go. Nothing amazing by any means, but decently fun while it lasted.

Story wise, it actually started out as an adaptation of the live action movie (and was doing it better), but the mangaka wanted to throw in more references to the original manga, so he streched it out (adding new characters & locations, mostly from the original manga), and by the time it was about ready to get back on track to the film's plot, it was cancelled. (If it had followed the plot of the movie more directly, like originally planned, it would have ended at chapter ten, but due to the new content, it made it to chapter 11, and then was left with out a conclusion...)

Oh well, it was a nice change of pace after the rawness of Deadman Wonderland. Now I'm starting Ranma 1/2 (Manga).

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

GuSolarFlare

CanisWolfred wrote:

Hunter X Hunter's Chimera Ant arc ends next week, so I just watched 5 episodes of it and it's quite gripping so far. And a bit gruesome. They killed off two minor characters I really liked, too...

this arc is pretty good(and violent too) but even though it's the next episode that ends the arc the one from this week pretty much put a close to it.

my Backloggery

Retro_on_theGo

Holy crap Digimon's 15th Anniversary is coming up! Already? Jeez. Bandai seems like they're gonna celebrate big. There's gonna be an event they're holding in person and I think they're teasing rereleasing the old season one digivice toys. That's pretty awesome considering they go for hundreds of dollars now.

Magikarp3

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Holy crap Digimon's 15th Anniversary is coming up! Already? Jeez. Bandai seems like they're gonna celebrate big. There's gonna be an event they're holding in person and I think they're teasing rereleasing the old season one digivice toys. That's pretty awesome considering they go for hundreds of dollars now.

o.0 what. I had one of those as a kid! I can't remember which generation it was, it was the season with Veemon and oh wow I can't even remember the others

I think it's still in a drawer somewhere...

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

GuSolarFlare

Jollykarp wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

o.0 what. I had one of those as a kid! I can't remember which generation it was, it was the season with Veemon and oh wow I can't even remember the others

I think it's still in a drawer somewhere...

I think the generation with Veemon was the second, maybe...

my Backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic