Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 9,421 to 9,440 of 11,743

turtlelink

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Gaaaah! Why does [Adult Swim]'s site suck so much a**!? I can't get it to work on my laptop and when I do the episodes lag like crazy. Damnit internet, I just want to see how the new season of the Boondocks will be! I'm super excited for this even without Aaron don't do this to me. It's times like this where I actually kinda miss TV. Ugh!
EDIT: Watched it somewhere. Well, I still got laughs out of it. I'll admit something definitely felt off, but overall… it's good. I had a smile by the end of the episode. I'm more interested in seeing how quality will hold up from here on out. Hopefully the episodes get funnier than this. People seem to be hating it though.

I feel like as soon as it was announced Aaron wouldn't be working on it, people started hating. I thought it was a good episode. It was very similar to the Usher episode though...

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Rocko52

HUNTER X HUNTER IS BAAAAACCKK!!!! YAAAY!!

I'm not even close to caught up but that new makes me happy.

Right now I'm close to finishing the Yorknew City Arc and I love it.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

Retro_on_theGo

@turtlelink Yeah, I feel people are blindly hating it. The premier wasn't baaad. It still had laughs and underlying criticism. (I didn't care for how Flizzy just spills it out, but the Tyler Perry ep was pretty in your face too.) I was pleasantly surprised. Do hope the episodes get funnier though, I felt the premier didn't pick up until the second half of the episode. Hopefully Huey can still keep his controversial comments too, since it was usually McGruder pushing for those from what I hear.
Too much negativity! I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

Kazuo

So I don't watch many animes, but does anyone know a website that updates regularly with new episodes of Detective Conan and new issues of the manga?

My backloggery
Fire Emblem Fates My Castle Address: 18070-29881-52164-62553
Splatoon rank: S+ | 3K for life!
Japanese Nintendo Network ID: NagoyaKazuo (Splatoon on this account) | Japanese 3DS Friend Code: 3222-6878-1834
3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664
Steam ID: yokokazuo

Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

kkslider5552000

yokokazuo wrote:

So I don't watch many animes, but does anyone know a website that updates regularly with new episodes of Detective Conan and new issues of the manga?

my signature might be relevant to your interests

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Kazuo

@kkslider5552000 thanks, it seems I am caught up as far as what has been translated. Unless I missed something. Do you know if episode 733 and/or any after that have been translated?

My backloggery
Japanese Nintendo Network ID: NagoyaKazuo (Splatoon on this account) | Japanese 3DS Friend Code: 3222-6878-1834

kkslider5552000

Not really. The current subbing team have had difficulties lately that I'm not sure they're over with yet. Either that or their weird "work on multiple episodes" thing means some will be released at the same time. Also should point out they haven't finished certain slightly earlier episodes for similar reasons.

Because I actively try to be part of that community, this is basically the only real break from the series I've had, which I've needed for quite a while.

Kazuo

@kkslider5552000 ok, I have found some of the non translated episodes at least. Really excited for the next issue of the manga!

Btw do you understand Japanese? I'm not fluent, but I've been studying for a few years and went on exchange to Japan in 2012 (I started watching Detective Conan during that time too).

My backloggery

Magikarp3

So today was interesting. The Garden of Words turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, since it's a little creepy unless you remember that it's not a romance. Also the Kashiwa Daisuke songs were all from 88, his solo piano album, so no post-rock soundtrack :/ a guy can hope, right?

Eve no Jikan was surprisingly heartfelt and interesting. I didn't like the pacing and the art style, but the premise was great and everything rolled into a really nice package by the end.

The Ano Hana movie surpassed all expectations. Nearly everyone in the room was crying, haha. I was worried that it would feel like it was trying too hard to be sad (which is what my friends disliked about Grave of the Fireflies) but it was really well done and the characters were so likable. My only complaint perhaps is that the ending dragged a little too long, but otherwise it was great. Really enjoyed it.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

shingi_70

Captain Earth is pretty Rad so far.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kkslider5552000

It's nice to be back to The World God Only Knows. Season 2 started right back to the insecure girl stories, cool. Like a lot of my favorite shows, I find it difficult to describe why it's a masterpiece though, especially if I tried to describe it to anyone other than hardcore anime fans. But there are few series I've gotten such joy out of watching.

kaiserwave

Just re-watching a old show called The Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, is about a God named Loki who is exiled to the human world by Odin and most collect evil aura from the hearts of humans in order to return to the realm of gods. Love me some Norse mythology.

Edited on by kaiserwave

kaiserwave

kkslider5552000

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Just re-watching a old show called The Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, is about a God named Loki who is exiled to the human world by Odin and most collect evil aura from the hearts of humans in order to return to the realm of gods. Love me some Norse mythology.

I planned on watching this years ago, but never got to it.

CrimsonFire

I'm deciding to get back into Fairy Tail, skip the filler season(where I left off), and go into the last 26 episodes. Then maybe I'll get into Fairy Tail 2014.

RR529

Just started reading a manga called Wadatsumi (just read the first 5 chapters).

Pretty decent so far. It's set in a post apocalyptic flooded world, and centers around a small group of survivors on an island (which in reality is the top of a skyscraper) whose lives are turned upside down after a mysterious girl washes ashore, and is pursued by pirates & a mysterious group known as the "restoration committee".

It's an action oriented shonen series, with a touch of mystery (what exactly happened to this world, who is the girl, and what is this "restoration committee"?), and some occasional fanservice.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

kkslider5552000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man, it's just now sinking in how much I really liked Welcome to the NHK. I think I'll have to use checking out the Japanese dub as an excuse to rewatch it.

I'll do the same someday, but reverse languages.

Am I the only one that finds the ending fascinating? They both return to the fantasy of there being a conspiracy, and it is kinda presented as a very good thing? At least from what I remember it is. It says a lot to me about how blaming other things for your own issues can be a good coping mechanism despite seemingly being a weak and pathetic idea with you essentially lying to yourself. It's one of those things that makes me question the good of knowledge when willful ignorance and blaming something else could make your life easier.

Magikarp3

I realised I haven't watched anything by KyoAni for a while (and I'd been missing the wonderful artwork and melodrama) so I started Kyoukai no Kanata. It's... not what I expected. The art style is really nice though!

Also, Youtube took down the 2 hour long pillows concert, which I used to listen to as study music I would buy a cd, but the pillows are so much better live anyway :/

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

RR529

Just finished up Wadatsumi (manga).

It was only 15 chapters long, so I felt like things got were a little rushed (especially towards the end), but it was fun while it lasted. If your looking for an action oriented Shonen series that won't last you too long, with an interesting world & powers (and don't mind some moderate fanservice), I'd say it's worth a read.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic