General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 9,421 to 9,440 of 10,565

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,421. Posted:

Rukiafan wrote:

There's a new Soul Eater series titled Soul Eater Not! Has anyone heard about this anime series yet?

It's based on a Manga that's been around for years. I'm almost surprised it took so long to get animated.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

9,422. Posted:

oh so they are starting over to follow the manga?
might drop the first Soul Eater anime now :P

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,423. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

oh so they are starting over to follow the manga?
might drop the first Soul Eater anime now :P

Soul Eater NOT! has nothing to do with the original story. It's a spin-off.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,424. Posted:

Gaaaah! Why does [Adult Swim]'s site suck so much a**!? I can't get it to work on my laptop and when I do the episodes lag like crazy. Damnit internet, I just want to see how the new season of the Boondocks will be! I'm super excited for this even without Aaron don't do this to me. It's times like this where I actually kinda miss TV. Ugh!
EDIT: Watched it somewhere. Well, I still got laughs out of it. I'll admit something definitely felt off, but overall… it's good. I had a smile by the end of the episode. I'm more interested in seeing how quality will hold up from here on out. Hopefully the episodes get funnier than this. People seem to be hating it though.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

9,425. Posted:

I went to a birthday party yesterday and someone decided it was a good idea to watch Grave of the Fireflies. (Nearly everyone regretted it later). I actually liked the film a lot, although I think I started showing my cultural roots when I thought that Seita should have just swallowed his pride and started to obey authority, even if it was uncomfortable. I don't think my friends think like that at all. I do kinda wish I watched it alone though. The atmosphere was pretty terrible.

Also, might go and see The Garden of Words tomorrow. They're also showing the AnoHana movie and Eve no Jikan. What do people think of those two? And should I have watched the AnoHana series to understand the movie?

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

9,426. Posted:

Hunter X Hunter returns to WSJ in June!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2014-04-22/hunter-x-hu...

Untitled

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2725-1475 | Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter: MohamedAliAFC

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

9,427. Posted:

Hunter-D wrote:

Hunter X Hunter returns to WSJ in June!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2014-04-22/hunter-x-hu...

Untitled

YES!!! I was hoping it would happen in March, since then the anime could continue unimpeded, but this is great news nonetheless.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

9,428. Posted:

Just finished up the newest chapter of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi!

Thanks to the help of a little nap and a fox, the elder manages to win his duel against his opponent on the solitary island. Now he races off in the hopes that he won't be too late to save the rest of the Ryozanpaku masters from their dire predicament!

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

9,429. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Gaaaah! Why does [Adult Swim]'s site suck so much a**!? I can't get it to work on my laptop and when I do the episodes lag like crazy. Damnit internet, I just want to see how the new season of the Boondocks will be! I'm super excited for this even without Aaron don't do this to me. It's times like this where I actually kinda miss TV. Ugh!
EDIT: Watched it somewhere. Well, I still got laughs out of it. I'll admit something definitely felt off, but overall… it's good. I had a smile by the end of the episode. I'm more interested in seeing how quality will hold up from here on out. Hopefully the episodes get funnier than this. People seem to be hating it though.

I feel like as soon as it was announced Aaron wouldn't be working on it, people started hating. I thought it was a good episode. It was very similar to the Usher episode though...

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

9,430. Posted:

HUNTER X HUNTER IS BAAAAACCKK!!!! YAAAY!!

I'm not even close to caught up but that new makes me happy. :)

Right now I'm close to finishing the Yorknew City Arc and I love it.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

9,431. Posted:

@turtlelink Yeah, I feel people are blindly hating it. The premier wasn't baaad. It still had laughs and underlying criticism. (I didn't care for how Flizzy just spills it out, but the Tyler Perry ep was pretty in your face too.) I was pleasantly surprised. Do hope the episodes get funnier though, I felt the premier didn't pick up until the second half of the episode. Hopefully Huey can still keep his controversial comments too, since it was usually McGruder pushing for those from what I hear.
Too much negativity! I'm looking forward to next week's episode.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

yokokazuo

9,432. Posted:

So I don't watch many animes, but does anyone know a website that updates regularly with new episodes of Detective Conan and new issues of the manga?

My backloggery
Japanese Nintendo Network ID: NagoyaKazuo | Japanese 3DS Friend Code: 3222-6878-1834

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

9,433. Posted:

yokokazuo wrote:

So I don't watch many animes, but does anyone know a website that updates regularly with new episodes of Detective Conan and new issues of the manga?

my signature might be relevant to your interests

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

yokokazuo

9,434. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 thanks, it seems I am caught up as far as what has been translated. Unless I missed something. Do you know if episode 733 and/or any after that have been translated?

My backloggery
Japanese Nintendo Network ID: NagoyaKazuo | Japanese 3DS Friend Code: 3222-6878-1834

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

9,435. Posted:

Not really. The current subbing team have had difficulties lately that I'm not sure they're over with yet. Either that or their weird "work on multiple episodes" thing means some will be released at the same time. Also should point out they haven't finished certain slightly earlier episodes for similar reasons.

Because I actively try to be part of that community, this is basically the only real break from the series I've had, which I've needed for quite a while.

AuthorMessage

yokokazuo

9,436. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 ok, I have found some of the non translated episodes at least. Really excited for the next issue of the manga!

Btw do you understand Japanese? I'm not fluent, but I've been studying for a few years and went on exchange to Japan in 2012 (I started watching Detective Conan during that time too).

My backloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

9,437. Posted:

Not really!

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

9,438. Posted:

So today was interesting. The Garden of Words turned out to be a bit of a disappointment, since it's a little creepy unless you remember that it's not a romance. Also the Kashiwa Daisuke songs were all from 88, his solo piano album, so no post-rock soundtrack :/ a guy can hope, right?

Eve no Jikan was surprisingly heartfelt and interesting. I didn't like the pacing and the art style, but the premise was great and everything rolled into a really nice package by the end.

The Ano Hana movie surpassed all expectations. Nearly everyone in the room was crying, haha. I was worried that it would feel like it was trying too hard to be sad (which is what my friends disliked about Grave of the Fireflies) but it was really well done and the characters were so likable. My only complaint perhaps is that the ending dragged a little too long, but otherwise it was great. Really enjoyed it.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

9,439. Posted:

Captain Earth is pretty Rad so far.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

9,440. Posted:

It's nice to be back to The World God Only Knows. Season 2 started right back to the insecure girl stories, cool. Like a lot of my favorite shows, I find it difficult to describe why it's a masterpiece though, especially if I tried to describe it to anyone other than hardcore anime fans. But there are few series I've gotten such joy out of watching.