Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 8,781 to 8,800 of 11,885

Magikarp3

A good ways into Kill la Kill now, and I don't really get it. I like the relationship between Ryuko and Senketsu, since they're funny together and they add heart to the show. Mako's also great. I feel like the rest is quite empty though, since after the initial wow factor of the fights and art style I'm finding it hard to care about the main revenge plot.

Or maybe that's just me.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

kaiserwave

Watching New Dominion Tank Police. I'm doing some old-school anime runs.

kaiserwave

kaiserwave

CanisWolfred wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Watching New Dominion Tank Police. I'm doing some old-school anime runs.

Let me know how is it compared to the first one.

Haven't seen the original. I was going to watch it some other time. I've only watched the New when I was a kid.

Edited on by kaiserwave

kaiserwave

Shirma_Akayaku

Does anyone think that One Piece might have another Filler-Arc? The previous one was really short, so I'm assuming that another will show up soon. It's just a thought though.

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
Hyrule Warriors Legends

Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

kkslider5552000

Jollykarp wrote:

A good ways into Kill la Kill now, and I don't really get it. I like the relationship between Ryuko and Senketsu, since they're funny together and they add heart to the show. Mako's also great. I feel like the rest is quite empty though, since after the initial wow factor of the fights and art style I'm finding it hard to care about the main revenge plot.

Or maybe that's just me.

I'm not gonna say it's the best action series I've ever seen but no one watches it for the plot, they watch it to watch intentionally over-the-top characters involved in over-the-top fights for the sake of fun, without being entirely dumb or thoughtless beyond that.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Magikarp3

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

Or maybe that's just me.

I'm not gonna say it's the best action series I've ever seen but no one watches it for the plot, they watch it to watch intentionally over-the-top characters involved in over-the-top fights for the sake of fun, without being entirely dumb or thoughtless beyond that.

Woohoo, time to drop it!

that'll teach me to not try new things

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

FriedSquid

Jollykarp wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

Or maybe that's just me.

Woohoo, time to drop it!

that'll teach me to not try new things

While what kkslider said isn't untrue, I wouldn't drop it so quickly. Granted, I don't know how far you've gotten exactly, but the story does pick up and have more meaning to it. I haven't watched any of the newest episodes yet but I know that the story gets more interesting. But hey, if you do still drop it, while I completely disagree and I think you'd drop it for the wrong reasons... I guess I can understand. The story really is nothing special, but I really think it's good enough in other areas, maybe that's just not your thing.

Magikarp3

@CaptainSquid it's probably more due to my anime watching habits, really. I watch before going asleep (the habit started after someone recommended finishing the day with an episode of ARIA) so I gravitate more towards slow paced slice of life shows and dramas. I think Kill la Kill would be awesome to watch with a group of friends and the right atmosphere. I think most of my friends would be turned off by the fanservice though, since I'm pretty much desensitised to it lol.

It does remind me a lot of FLCL, so I'll give it that. I'm at episode 6 right now.

CanisWolfred

Rosalina wrote:

Does anyone think that One Piece might have another Filler-Arc? The previous one was really short, so I'm assuming that another will show up soon. It's just a thought though.

Probably. They're catching up the manga (Both are on Dressrosa now, last I checked, albeit at different points). I'd guess there'd be one after Dressrosa.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

I really hope the Code-Name NX is not a sandwich oven.

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

TheKingOfTown

Jollykarp wrote:

@CaptainSquid it's probably more due to my anime watching habits, really. I watch before going asleep (the habit started after someone recommended finishing the day with an episode of ARIA) so I gravitate more towards slow paced slice of life shows and dramas. I think Kill la Kill would be awesome to watch with a group of friends and the right atmosphere. I think most of my friends would be turned off by the fanservice though, since I'm pretty much desensitised to it lol.

It does remind me a lot of FLCL, so I'll give it that. I'm at episode 6 right now.

I wouldn't call episode 6 a ways into the show. The latest episode (episode 17) just revealed a major plot twist, which will make the show more interesting in my opinion, but I won't blame you if you drop it, considering what your taste is.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Arianabtd

I just finished marathoning Kamisama kiss (dub ver.)
The anime I swore I would never watch because of how cheesy I heard it was (I'm a sucker for cheesy Shoujo but for some reason I never wanted to watch this one) .

...Excuse me while I go cry into my pillow because I got too emotionally invested in all the characters (And by all the characters I just mean Tomoe) and I can't believe it's already over >_<.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Magikarp3

@TheKingOfTown I know about that :/

If I'm on the edge of dropping a show, I tend to look through the Crunchyroll episode descriptions to see what the overall plot structure is like. I'm still watching though, because I have no idea what to transition to after I drop haha

Would anyone recommend Nagi No Asukara? I hear that the main characters are annoying (because they're kids and all) but it's by PA Works who I now regard as the masters of redeeming annoying characters. Also that water animation is glorious

jump

I've been out of the loop with anime for awhile, could someone recommend some good shows from the last few years please? I've not seen much since Code Geass, Gurren Lagann and Death Note.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

shingi_70

@ArronisheTge most recent big anime from the last few years were Sword Art Online, Attack on Titan, Kill LA Kill, and Space Dandy. As far as next big thing I'd try those.

As for other Anime Princess Jellyfish, Squid Girl, and Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya are all pretty good despite not being your typical Shonen series.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

GuSolarFlare

@arronishere I'd recommend a lot but my favorite action ones from recent years are Jojo's Bizarre Adventures(parts one and two, ignore the Stardust Cruzaders, part 3, for now because it's an old anime that part will have a new adaptation this year. Attack on Titan is a little overrated but not much as it is really good. Kill la Kill is awesome and Space Dandy is too funny and cool. oh and Gatchaman Crowds some people dislike it but it's on of my favorites!
and Hunter x Hunter(the new anime that's still airing) is unbeatable!!!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

V8_Ninja

Umm...

...So, I've been watching some anime;

• Sakura Trick (Episode 3): Honestly, I don't know what to say. I feel like this whole show is just pandering, but for some reason I'm compelled to watch it. I mean, it's not pandering in the traditional anime sense of "Let's show boobies and panties!", but rather the normal "Let's give the audience exactly what they want without much effort otherwise" way. I don't think the show is awful, but I don't get a sense that the production studio had much pride in making this either.
  • Magical Warfare (Episode 2): I decided to watch the second episode of this Winter season's punching bag and, once again, I found it to be just stupid. There's nothing redeeming here except for some slightly good animation. Also, the plot is Superhero School-based. WHO NEEDS ORIGINALITY, RIGHT GUYS?!?!
  • Witch Craft Works (Episode 3): After watching a few more episodes, I've come to realize that this show is not very good. And yet, I still really want to watch it. Other than individual elements of the first episode and maybe the humor of the show, I can't pinpoint a single thing that rises above being acceptable. The animation is alright, the characters range from slightly sub-par to slightly enjoyable, and the sound is barely noticeable baring the ending theme that is both discomforting and pretty enjoyable. I don't know why I want to watch this show, maybe it's that Winter is degrading my my overall taste?
  • Hamatora (Episode 4): I've been hearing some people say that they're unhappy with this show, but I'm not there yet. So far all I've been seeing is an entertaining action-mystery that happens to be revealing itself in a fast pace and maybe tries a bit too much with the jokes. I'm excited for more and that opening is always a pleasure to watch.
  • Samurai Flamenco (Episode14): While I really liked Masayoshi's decision and the first of the two big twists of this episode, we're still running through trope after trope. I hope that this series can pull itself back together and either go back to the pre-episode 7 setup or do something else that acts in the same vein.
  • Seki-kun (Episode 4): Yep, it's still pretty enjoyable. I mean, there's not a whole lot to say, but I'm still digging this.
  • Nagunaga The Fool (Episode 4): Yeah, this is entertaining. I mean, having knowledge about the various people must certainly provide some additional enjoyment, but I'm happy with the show despite not knowing a thing about anyone or anything. I'll admit, this ain't no masterpiece, but for the weird premise I'm having some fun.
  • Log Horizon (Episode 17): This show is still better than Sword Art Online and I'm loving it. The two plot branches are starting to come together and I'm extremely intrigued as to what is happening and what will be happening.

Also, speaking of Sword Art Online; Yes, I'm working my way to watching Extra Edition. Don't worry 'bout it.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

GuSolarFlare

@V8_Ninja you'll have a huge surprise with Flamenco!!!

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic