General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 8,781 to 8,800 of 10,577

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

8,781. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

It's not Digimon the English movie either! Don't be so quick to judge. ;)

-_-

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Squid

8,782. Posted:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Wow, this anime has possibly the worst voice acting ever.

I don't think it's as bad as Devilman: The Birth's English dub:

Warning, very NSFW.
Seems like for some reason in the English dub they added a ton of unnecessary cursing. Personally I think it makes it funnier, but I'm just warning. ;)

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,783. Posted:

@CaptainSquid back in the 80's nearly all Western cartoons were for kids, so localisers had a hard time making sure that the adult anime would end up in the hands of only adults. This tended to cause localised works to be way, way more explicit than the source material. Naturally this means they're great to laugh at!

Also, I wonder why anyone uses the echoing scream pan like in the last scene of that clip. I still can't stop laughing when I hear Dante yell "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiiiight! (liiiiiiiiiiight!) (liiiiiiiiiiight!) (liiiiiiiiiiight!)"

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,784. Posted:

I knew I was forgetting something really bad. I tend to blank out all things Devil Man-related. -_-

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

8,785. Posted:

I suddenly feel like watching Gunsmith Cats.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

8,786. Posted:

The first episode of This Ugly Yet Beautiful World was...um...kinda interesting. No idea what to think of this yet.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

8,787. Posted:

Just hit the final stretch if six episodes of Star Blazers. Its really one of my favorite anime now and in many regards reminds me a lot of the original Star Trek. For early anime I find the subject matter pretty serious and the serial format are pretty suprsing. I had actually forgotten that Avatar had been diagnosed with radiation poisoning, than boom a few episodes later it comes back.

While its not star trek levels I do like how the Pueadi science if the show while Fantastical is still grounded somewhat in reality. The explanation for the Wave Motion Engine and Gina and why it can't be used as a Lazy way to always win the day is refreshing in days of dues ex machina.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,788. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

While its not star trek levels I do like how the Pueadi science if the show while Fantastical is still grounded somewhat in reality. The explanation for the Wave Motion Engine and Gina and why it can't be used as a Lazy way to always win the day is refreshing in days of dues ex machina.

Yeah, Yamato 2199 holds to that, too, and that's one of the reasons why its one of my favorite Sci-fi shows in years. Nothing ever feels all that farfetch'd and everything just kinda seems to come together one way or another. I love it.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,789. Posted:

A good ways into Kill la Kill now, and I don't really get it. I like the relationship between Ryuko and Senketsu, since they're funny together and they add heart to the show. Mako's also great. I feel like the rest is quite empty though, since after the initial wow factor of the fights and art style I'm finding it hard to care about the main revenge plot.

Or maybe that's just me.

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,790. Posted:

I wasn't aware the "Wow Factor" ever ended. :P

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

8,791. Posted:

Watching New Dominion Tank Police. I'm doing some old-school anime runs. :P

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,792. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Let me know how is it compared to the first one.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

8,793. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Let me know how is it compared to the first one.

Haven't seen the original. I was going to watch it some other time. I've only watched the New when I was a kid.

Edited on by ShadowFox254

AuthorMessage

Shirma_Akayaku

8,794. Posted:

Does anyone think that One Piece might have another Filler-Arc? The previous one was really short, so I'm assuming that another will show up soon. It's just a thought though.

WIFI Game List:
Super Smash Bros. 3DS
Mario Kart 8
Mario Kart 7
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
SSB4 (Wii U)
Mario Maker
Splatoon
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Hyrule Warriors + DLC

Mii Name: Shirma

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

8,795. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

A good ways into Kill la Kill now, and I don't really get it. I like the relationship between Ryuko and Senketsu, since they're funny together and they add heart to the show. Mako's also great. I feel like the rest is quite empty though, since after the initial wow factor of the fights and art style I'm finding it hard to care about the main revenge plot.

Or maybe that's just me.

I'm not gonna say it's the best action series I've ever seen but no one watches it for the plot, they watch it to watch intentionally over-the-top characters involved in over-the-top fights for the sake of fun, without being entirely dumb or thoughtless beyond that.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,796. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

Or maybe that's just me.

I'm not gonna say it's the best action series I've ever seen but no one watches it for the plot, they watch it to watch intentionally over-the-top characters involved in over-the-top fights for the sake of fun, without being entirely dumb or thoughtless beyond that.

Woohoo, time to drop it!

that'll teach me to not try new things

AuthorMessage

Squid

8,797. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

Or maybe that's just me.

Woohoo, time to drop it!

that'll teach me to not try new things

While what kkslider said isn't untrue, I wouldn't drop it so quickly. Granted, I don't know how far you've gotten exactly, but the story does pick up and have more meaning to it. I haven't watched any of the newest episodes yet but I know that the story gets more interesting. But hey, if you do still drop it, while I completely disagree and I think you'd drop it for the wrong reasons... I guess I can understand. The story really is nothing special, but I really think it's good enough in other areas, maybe that's just not your thing.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,798. Posted:

@CaptainSquid it's probably more due to my anime watching habits, really. I watch before going asleep (the habit started after someone recommended finishing the day with an episode of ARIA) so I gravitate more towards slow paced slice of life shows and dramas. I think Kill la Kill would be awesome to watch with a group of friends and the right atmosphere. I think most of my friends would be turned off by the fanservice though, since I'm pretty much desensitised to it lol.

It does remind me a lot of FLCL, so I'll give it that. I'm at episode 6 right now.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

8,799. Posted:

I'm thinking if i should watch Astro Boy 2003

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,800. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

Does anyone think that One Piece might have another Filler-Arc? The previous one was really short, so I'm assuming that another will show up soon. It's just a thought though.

Probably. They're catching up the manga (Both are on Dressrosa now, last I checked, albeit at different points). I'd guess there'd be one after Dressrosa.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~