General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 8,781 to 8,800 of 11,149

AuthorMessage
Magikarp3

Magikarp3

8,781. Posted:

@CaptainSquid back in the 80's nearly all Western cartoons were for kids, so localisers had a hard time making sure that the adult anime would end up in the hands of only adults. This tended to cause localised works to be way, way more explicit than the source material. Naturally this means they're great to laugh at!

Also, I wonder why anyone uses the echoing scream pan like in the last scene of that clip. I still can't stop laughing when I hear Dante yell "I should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiiiiiiiight! (liiiiiiiiiiight!) (liiiiiiiiiiight!) (liiiiiiiiiiight!)"

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

8,782. Posted:

I knew I was forgetting something really bad. I tend to blank out all things Devil Man-related. -_-

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
ShadowFox254

ShadowFox254

8,783. Posted:

I suddenly feel like watching Gunsmith Cats.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire IGN: Asena

You can become anything and go anywhere.

Sometime in the near future, I'd like to translate my favorite LNs, VNs, games and Manga series.

Chibi Asagi Igawa! Let's not also forget about Sakura, Murasaki, and Oboro. ^_^

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

8,784. Posted:

The first episode of This Ugly Yet Beautiful World was...um...kinda interesting. No idea what to think of this yet.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
shingi_70

shingi_70

8,785. Posted:

Just hit the final stretch if six episodes of Star Blazers. Its really one of my favorite anime now and in many regards reminds me a lot of the original Star Trek. For early anime I find the subject matter pretty serious and the serial format are pretty suprsing. I had actually forgotten that Avatar had been diagnosed with radiation poisoning, than boom a few episodes later it comes back.

While its not star trek levels I do like how the Pueadi science if the show while Fantastical is still grounded somewhat in reality. The explanation for the Wave Motion Engine and Gina and why it can't be used as a Lazy way to always win the day is refreshing in days of dues ex machina.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

8,786. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

While its not star trek levels I do like how the Pueadi science if the show while Fantastical is still grounded somewhat in reality. The explanation for the Wave Motion Engine and Gina and why it can't be used as a Lazy way to always win the day is refreshing in days of dues ex machina.

Yeah, Yamato 2199 holds to that, too, and that's one of the reasons why its one of my favorite Sci-fi shows in years. Nothing ever feels all that farfetch'd and everything just kinda seems to come together one way or another. I love it.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Magikarp3

Magikarp3

8,787. Posted:

A good ways into Kill la Kill now, and I don't really get it. I like the relationship between Ryuko and Senketsu, since they're funny together and they add heart to the show. Mako's also great. I feel like the rest is quite empty though, since after the initial wow factor of the fights and art style I'm finding it hard to care about the main revenge plot.

Or maybe that's just me.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

8,788. Posted:

I wasn't aware the "Wow Factor" ever ended. :P

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
ShadowFox254

ShadowFox254

8,789. Posted:

Watching New Dominion Tank Police. I'm doing some old-school anime runs. :P

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire IGN: Asena

You can become anything and go anywhere.

Sometime in the near future, I'd like to translate my favorite LNs, VNs, games and Manga series.

Chibi Asagi Igawa! Let's not also forget about Sakura, Murasaki, and Oboro. ^_^

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

8,790. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Watching New Dominion Tank Police. I'm doing some old-school anime runs. :P

Let me know how is it compared to the first one.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
ShadowFox254

ShadowFox254

8,791. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Watching New Dominion Tank Police. I'm doing some old-school anime runs. :P

Let me know how is it compared to the first one.

Haven't seen the original. I was going to watch it some other time. I've only watched the New when I was a kid.

Edited on by ShadowFox254

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire IGN: Asena

You can become anything and go anywhere.

Sometime in the near future, I'd like to translate my favorite LNs, VNs, games and Manga series.

Chibi Asagi Igawa! Let's not also forget about Sakura, Murasaki, and Oboro. ^_^

AuthorMessage
Shirma_Akayaku

Shirma_Akayaku

8,792. Posted:

Does anyone think that One Piece might have another Filler-Arc? The previous one was really short, so I'm assuming that another will show up soon. It's just a thought though.

WIFI Game List:
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS
Mario Kart 8 + DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
StreetPass Game Bundle 2

Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

8,793. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

A good ways into Kill la Kill now, and I don't really get it. I like the relationship between Ryuko and Senketsu, since they're funny together and they add heart to the show. Mako's also great. I feel like the rest is quite empty though, since after the initial wow factor of the fights and art style I'm finding it hard to care about the main revenge plot.

Or maybe that's just me.

I'm not gonna say it's the best action series I've ever seen but no one watches it for the plot, they watch it to watch intentionally over-the-top characters involved in over-the-top fights for the sake of fun, without being entirely dumb or thoughtless beyond that.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
Magikarp3

Magikarp3

8,794. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

A good ways into Kill la Kill now, and I don't really get it. I like the relationship between Ryuko and Senketsu, since they're funny together and they add heart to the show. Mako's also great. I feel like the rest is quite empty though, since after the initial wow factor of the fights and art style I'm finding it hard to care about the main revenge plot.

Or maybe that's just me.

I'm not gonna say it's the best action series I've ever seen but no one watches it for the plot, they watch it to watch intentionally over-the-top characters involved in over-the-top fights for the sake of fun, without being entirely dumb or thoughtless beyond that.

Woohoo, time to drop it!

that'll teach me to not try new things

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage
FriedSquid

FriedSquid

8,795. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

A good ways into Kill la Kill now, and I don't really get it. I like the relationship between Ryuko and Senketsu, since they're funny together and they add heart to the show. Mako's also great. I feel like the rest is quite empty though, since after the initial wow factor of the fights and art style I'm finding it hard to care about the main revenge plot.

Or maybe that's just me.

I'm not gonna say it's the best action series I've ever seen but no one watches it for the plot, they watch it to watch intentionally over-the-top characters involved in over-the-top fights for the sake of fun, without being entirely dumb or thoughtless beyond that.

Woohoo, time to drop it!

that'll teach me to not try new things

While what kkslider said isn't untrue, I wouldn't drop it so quickly. Granted, I don't know how far you've gotten exactly, but the story does pick up and have more meaning to it. I haven't watched any of the newest episodes yet but I know that the story gets more interesting. But hey, if you do still drop it, while I completely disagree and I think you'd drop it for the wrong reasons... I guess I can understand. The story really is nothing special, but I really think it's good enough in other areas, maybe that's just not your thing.

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
My Squidloggery

Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage
Magikarp3

Magikarp3

8,796. Posted:

@CaptainSquid it's probably more due to my anime watching habits, really. I watch before going asleep (the habit started after someone recommended finishing the day with an episode of ARIA) so I gravitate more towards slow paced slice of life shows and dramas. I think Kill la Kill would be awesome to watch with a group of friends and the right atmosphere. I think most of my friends would be turned off by the fanservice though, since I'm pretty much desensitised to it lol.

It does remind me a lot of FLCL, so I'll give it that. I'm at episode 6 right now.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage
CrimsonFire

CrimsonFire

8,797. Posted:

I'm thinking if i should watch Astro Boy 2003

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

8,798. Posted:

Rosalina wrote:

Does anyone think that One Piece might have another Filler-Arc? The previous one was really short, so I'm assuming that another will show up soon. It's just a thought though.

Probably. They're catching up the manga (Both are on Dressrosa now, last I checked, albeit at different points). I'd guess there'd be one after Dressrosa.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
TheKingOfTown

TheKingOfTown

8,799. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

@CaptainSquid it's probably more due to my anime watching habits, really. I watch before going asleep (the habit started after someone recommended finishing the day with an episode of ARIA) so I gravitate more towards slow paced slice of life shows and dramas. I think Kill la Kill would be awesome to watch with a group of friends and the right atmosphere. I think most of my friends would be turned off by the fanservice though, since I'm pretty much desensitised to it lol.

It does remind me a lot of FLCL, so I'll give it that. I'm at episode 6 right now.

I wouldn't call episode 6 a ways into the show. :P The latest episode (episode 17) just revealed a major plot twist, which will make the show more interesting in my opinion, but I won't blame you if you drop it, considering what your taste is. :)

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Arianabtd

Arianabtd

8,800. Posted:

I just finished marathoning Kamisama kiss (dub ver.)
The anime I swore I would never watch because of how cheesy I heard it was (I'm a sucker for cheesy Shoujo but for some reason I never wanted to watch this one) .

...Excuse me while I go cry into my pillow because I got too emotionally invested in all the characters (And by all the characters I just mean Tomoe) and I can't believe it's already over >_<.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: