General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 8,761 to 8,780 of 10,477

AuthorMessage

Squid

8,761. Posted:

So can someone give me a little info on Ghost in the Shell? I really know nothing about it (and of course I could just google it) but I'd like to hear some opinions I guess. I've tried watching it on Toonami before but it simply airs too late for me. Basically, is it worth my time to watch it?

Edited on by Squid

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,762. Posted:

@CrimsonFire Black Lagoon will be on Toonami soon anyways.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Squid

8,763. Posted:

One thing I love about Space Dandy is how it says "To be continued..." after each episode, yet each episode seems to be on a completely different continuity than the last.

Ze Squidloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,764. Posted:

CaptainSquid wrote:

One thing I love about Space Dandy is how it says "To be continued..." after each episode, yet each episode seems to be on a completely different continuity than the last.

Does it? I haven't noticed any episode saying that so far. The last one just ended with a shout out to George A. Romero, lol.

Can't wait to watch the new Space Dandy tomorrow. Between this and Rick and Morty, Adult Swim is single-handedly making me wish I had TV again. I never thought I'd say that.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Super_Gravy

8,765. Posted:

@CaptainSquid

There are Ghost in the Shell movies and TV shows. Movies have unique story with action pack in my opinion while the TV shows are more like crime shows you watch on TV. I'm not even kidding about that part but it is "different" crime shows. You still have to watch the TV shows at the first episode and continue since it is actually series. I could say you could watch any movies in any order but I still recommend watching the first movie first. If you don't like the movie then you may not like other movies but you may like the TV shows.

In other word, TV shows and the movies are different but are not far fetch though.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

AuthorMessage

Squid

8,766. Posted:

Super_Gravy wrote:

@CaptainSquid

There are Ghost in the Shell movies and TV shows. Movies have unique story with action pack in my opinion while the TV shows are more like crime shows you watch on TV. I'm not even kidding about that part but it is "different" crime shows. You still have to watch the TV shows at the first episode and continue since it is actually series. I could say you could watch any movies in any order but I still recommend watching the first movie first. If you don't like the movie then you may not like other movies but you may like the TV shows.

In other word, TV shows and the movies are different but are not far fetch though.

Thanks for the info! It sounds like something I would like, so long as it's got good action. And from what I can tell from the few episodes I've seen, it looks really good in a lot of aspects. I'll be sure to watch it at some point, I will probably start with the first movie like you said.

Ze Squidloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,767. Posted:

Ah, that new Space Dandy was nice! Not quite what I was expecting but somewhat touching nonetheless. Nice to see more into Dandy's character, albeit a little. There was some awesome music in there too, can't wait until march for the OST. I'm really diggin' Space Dandy.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

8,768. Posted:

The new episode of Space Dandy is my favorite so far.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Emaan

8,769. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I couldn't help myself...
I just marathoned the first season of Squid Girl again >_<.

It's the cutest anime ever and I can't stop coming back to it. (I can't find anything new I wanna watch either...)

It's so great! I really wish there was a dubbed season 2.

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

GamecubeMan

8,770. Posted:

Just finished Attack on Titan Season 1. I'm glad TFS decided to abridge a episode otherwise I would have never discovered it. Anyway, can someone please explain what Annie's "bet" was and Armin's "bet". Those are the only two details I don't get. :P

Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
I only see GC 4.0 happening if I become a English major. Yeah... not happening.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter: jazzygcnman

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

8,771. Posted:

Just started watching the original Star Blazers. The theme song to the dub is really great.

Has anyone here played Infinte Space

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

mamp

8,772. Posted:

Started reading UQ holder it's so awesome it's about a group of people who are immortal but they all have different forms of immortality. It's pretty cool, but it's basically the sequel to Negima so you'd have to read that to understand some things but it can still stand on its own.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

RR529

8,773. Posted:

As you may have guessed from my absense, I missed all of Toonami again...

It was for a good reason this time though. My friend came over, and since he's not into anime (other than DBZ), we spent all night watching stuff on Netflix.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Konata

8,774. Posted:

@Emaan
I love the subbed.
The dubbed isn't as funny >_<.
The subbed has so many jokes that the dub just couldn't add (Obviously cause most were language related jokes.) which makes me sad.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

8,775. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Konata wrote:

I couldn't help myself...
I just marathoned the first season of Squid Girl again >_<.

It's the cutest anime ever and I can't stop coming back to it. (I can't find anything new I wanna watch either...)

It's so great! I really wish there was a dubbed season 2.

While originally Ika Musume season 2 dubbed was suppose to come out last year Media Blaster canned it and doesn't plan on releasing it anymore. The only way it'll ever get dubbed now is if someone else acquires the license from them or wait until it expires and then someone else picks it up. Media Blaster has sat on a lot of series that never end up getting released and just eventually lose the license for it.

Konata wrote:

@Emaan
I love the subbed.
The dubbed isn't as funny >_<.
The subbed has so many jokes that the dub just couldn't add (Obviously cause most were language related jokes.) which makes me sad.

The sub is much more enjoyable but something about the dub squid puns has it's charm on me. My only gripe really with the dub is that they translated Ika Musume's name to Squid Girl when that is suppose to be her name it's not meant to be translated. Tho it wouldn't be the first time Sentai/ADV did this as they before translated Ahiru's name from Princess Tutu to Duck.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

8,776. Posted:

In a desperate attempt to help my beloved little fan community, I'm here to say you should totally try the first few (up to episode 11 is ideal) episodes of Detective Conan if you are into murder mysteries in any way at all. Or just watch episode 11, because I swear every 3rd person got into the series because of how much they loved that case.

and even as a dub fan, subbed is way better for this series for the record.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

SuperMalleo

8,777. Posted:

Wow, this anime has possibly the worst voice acting ever.

Plumber extraordinaire at your service.
配管工の非凡なあなたのサービスで。
YouTube Channel | Miiverse | deviantART | Hatena | The Malleogerry (Still needs some updating)

3DS Friend Code: 2809-8065-2098 | Nintendo Network ID: MarioOtaku350

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,778. Posted:

Kawaii_Neko wrote:

Wow, this anime has possibly the worst voice acting ever.

That is not Bubblegum Crisis or Garvey's Wing, therefor you are wrong.

Seriously, it's not that bad. The acting's wooden and the voices don't fit the characters, but it's still better than some of the worst out there. Their voices aren't explicitly annoying, they're showing some emotion, and they aren't making a ton of amatuer mistakes. The only problem is it sounds like they're reading a script with not much direction. For an early dub, I'd say it's about or maybe a little below par for the course.

EDIT: Okay, after watching it again, yeah, it sounds like they have maybe 3 actors doing the whole show. That's bad, but again, I've heard worse, and one of them was at least trying to make it seem less obvious.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,779. Posted:

It's not Digimon the English movie either! Don't be so quick to judge. ;)

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

8,780. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

It's not Digimon the English movie either! Don't be so quick to judge. ;)

-_-

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS