Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 8,741 to 8,760 of 11,745

Cotton

I want to look into some anime what should I start with?

3ds friend code 5129 0670 7184

kkslider5552000

Cotton wrote:

Bebop is considered the best gateway anime...apparently. Azumanga Daioh arguably too.

Maybe FMA or...I dunno. Tiger & Bunny might work, since it's basically just an anime version of a western superhero series.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

CanisWolfred

Trigun's a good one, too. I recommend Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood, though. It's very accessible for non-Japanese, but still has enough anime tropes that it'll ease you into the medium.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

GuSolarFlare

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Cotton wrote:

Bebop is considered the best gateway anime...apparently. Azumanga Daioh arguably too.

Maybe FMA or...I dunno. Tiger & Bunny might work, since it's basically just an anime version of a western superhero series.

I second this, especially Cowboy Bebop and Tiger & Bunny.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Cotton

Thanks guys I'll look into these

3ds friend code 5129 0670 7184

kkslider5552000

CrimsonFire wrote:

I'll be considering watching either Black Lagoon, Psycho Pass, or Steins Gate once I finish Kenshin.

Steins;Gate is fantastic.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

GuSolarFlare

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CrimsonFire wrote:

I'll be considering watching either Black Lagoon, Psycho Pass, or Steins Gate once I finish Kenshin.

Steins;Gate is fantastic.

yup and Psycho Pass isn't half bad either(but not even close to being as good as Steins;Gate)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

FriedSquid

So can someone give me a little info on Ghost in the Shell? I really know nothing about it (and of course I could just google it) but I'd like to hear some opinions I guess. I've tried watching it on Toonami before but it simply airs too late for me. Basically, is it worth my time to watch it?

Edited on by FriedSquid

Retro_on_theGo

CaptainSquid wrote:

One thing I love about Space Dandy is how it says "To be continued..." after each episode, yet each episode seems to be on a completely different continuity than the last.

Does it? I haven't noticed any episode saying that so far. The last one just ended with a shout out to George A. Romero, lol.

Can't wait to watch the new Space Dandy tomorrow. Between this and Rick and Morty, Adult Swim is single-handedly making me wish I had TV again. I never thought I'd say that.

Super_Gravy

@CaptainSquid

There are Ghost in the Shell movies and TV shows. Movies have unique story with action pack in my opinion while the TV shows are more like crime shows you watch on TV. I'm not even kidding about that part but it is "different" crime shows. You still have to watch the TV shows at the first episode and continue since it is actually series. I could say you could watch any movies in any order but I still recommend watching the first movie first. If you don't like the movie then you may not like other movies but you may like the TV shows.

In other word, TV shows and the movies are different but are not far fetch though.

Umm… Care to have some gravy?

FriedSquid

Super_Gravy wrote:

@CaptainSquid

There are Ghost in the Shell movies and TV shows. Movies have unique story with action pack in my opinion while the TV shows are more like crime shows you watch on TV. I'm not even kidding about that part but it is "different" crime shows. You still have to watch the TV shows at the first episode and continue since it is actually series. I could say you could watch any movies in any order but I still recommend watching the first movie first. If you don't like the movie then you may not like other movies but you may like the TV shows.

In other word, TV shows and the movies are different but are not far fetch though.

Thanks for the info! It sounds like something I would like, so long as it's got good action. And from what I can tell from the few episodes I've seen, it looks really good in a lot of aspects. I'll be sure to watch it at some point, I will probably start with the first movie like you said.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic