General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 8,681 to 8,700 of 10,459

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

8,681. Posted:

I just watched the first episode of Space Dandy in dub. It was very good...reminds me of Kill la Kill...just in regards to the level of insanity.

I loved the 60's vibe, and the robot.

Edited on by Rocko52

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,682. Posted:

Y'know, I actually just watched a fight from an episode of Future Card Buddyfight . . . from what I could gather, the card game isn't too bad..but the show is god awful. Nothing to be surprised about.

Rocko52 wrote:

I just watched the first episode of Space Dandy in dub. It was very good...reminds me of Kill la Kill...just in regards to the level of insanity

Huh, that's exactly how I felt.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

8,683. Posted:

The main difference is that Space Dandy is blatantly a comedy while Kill la Kill is intentionally being over-the-top and mostly serious to the point of being hilarious. Kill la Kill's in a weird place where it's too over-the-top to take seriously, but it's too good to not take it seriously. Kinda reminds me of Phoenix Wright in that regard...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

8,684. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The main difference is that Space Dandy is blatantly a comedy while Kill la Kill is intentionally being over-the-top and mostly serious to the point of being hilarious. Kill la Kill's in a weird place where it's too over-the-top to take seriously, but it's too good to not take it seriously. Kinda reminds me of Phoenix Wright in that regard...

yeah that's the feeling I get too..

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

8,685. Posted:

Nice Twin Peaks reference in Soul Eater.

Anyone watch the space battle Yamato reboot yet?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,686. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Anyone watch the space battle Yamato reboot yet?

I have. I'm a few episodes away from the end, actually. Whatcha need to know?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

8,687. Posted:

How would you rate it so far. I liked the original starblazers and as we've talked before Sci-fi is my favorite genre.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,688. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

How would you rate it so far. I liked the original starblazers and as we've talked before Sci-fi is my favorite genre.

It's one of the best remakes I've ever seen, and is easily one of the best sci-fi shows of the past 10 years. If it can pull off a great ending, which I've been told it does, then it'll be one of the best Sci-Fi shows ever.

I really want to finish it, but I'm a slave to my impulses. I just gotta wait until I'm back in the mood.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,689. Posted:

I started watching Miyakawa-Ke-the Lucky Star spinoff- today. Almost done, just a few more minutes. It's been pretty cute, got some chuckles out of it. It was really nice seeing Konata and friends cameo in some scenes.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

8,690. Posted:

@CanisWolfred

Nice going to rewatch the original series and than start the remake. Not a lot of Sci-fi TV set for this coming year sadly.with only Halo and the Netflix show by the team who did the Matrix.

WAT!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,691. Posted:

Oh I finished it. That was even shorter than I anticipated. Still, a funny little time waster. Liked the artsyle and the characters were, surprisingly, relatable.

Ive seen up to episode 4 of Kill la Kill too today. I think this ep really sold me on the show, I enjoyed it so much. They had to noticeably cut back on the budget from last episode's fight, I'm assuming, and make a hilarious gag episode out of it. I love how wacky this show is.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,692. Posted:

Wolf Children is 50% off right now at bestbuy! Get it while there's a chance. Wish I had cash right now.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,693. Posted:

It's about the same on Amazon, too, in case you have something else to get for Supersaver.

Anyways, just finished off episode 555 of One piece. Or was it 556? I'm starting to lose track. This is a really good arc so far, though it feels a bit stretched. The fighting should get going, soon. I can hardly wait.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,694. Posted:

Halfway through Little Busters Refrain, all I can say is - dang that was some good drama. I do feel the adaptation job could have been better since some of the later episodes can be hard to follow. I know it's difficult adapting from a game to an anime though, in fact I can't really name one VN adaptation that didn't have some hiccups. I think Clannad actually resonates more with me personally since the events feel a lot more real in a sense. But who knows, maybe the last few episodes will change everything :p

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

8,695. Posted:

Watching some good ol' Cyborg 009 (2001 version). Remember watching this show on Cartoon Network (a bit sad when they stop airing it). I'll probably watch the other versions and read the manga some other time.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,696. Posted:

Holy crud Shoutmon's English voice in Digimon Xros Wars is numbah 2 from KND. Huh, it fits too.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,697. Posted:

^I...must see this. I mean hear this. I loved that guy's performance in KND.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Emaan

8,698. Posted:

Does anyone else have an obsession with Squid Girl...? :*

Also my dear friend recommended to me that I watch Sword Art Online. So far so good (and by that I mean it's amazing but sad)

I believe in make believe~
[20:48] Emaan dances the pikpik emaan;
[20:48] Sensei_PikPik does the pikpik emaan
The Emaaloggery
✰ I'm not really here that often anymore ✰

3DS Friend Code: 0559-6948-0467 | Nintendo Network ID: Emaann

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

8,699. Posted:

Emaan wrote:

Does anyone else have an obsession with Squid Girl...? :*

I don't remember since it's been a long since I watched it but I remember it being alright, it had it's funny parts.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

RR529

8,700. Posted:

I'm all caught up on History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi!

Ryozanpaku has finally made contact with Shigure, and while their chat was brief, they now finally know where she's being held hostage.

What looks to be the big final climactic battle of the series looks set to get underway, as all the masters & disciples aligned with Ryozanpaku, and all the masters & disciples aligned with Yami have banded together, and are about to go into an all out brawl!

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)