General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 8,661 to 8,680 of 10,586

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,661. Posted:

It could be worse, but it's still sucks. Not like it's the only problem with the second arc, either...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,662. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

There's quite a few Japanese musicians on iTunes. Asian Kung-Fu Generation has two whole albums on there at least, maybe more.

Oh I know. I even have AKFG's greatest hits album and Flow's anime openings album. Unfortunately AKFG's Magic Disc isn't on their which is the album I would really love to buy.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

8,663. Posted:

As you may have guessed from a lack of my weekly update, I missed all of Toonami.

Literally 10 minutes before Space Dandy was going to start, our cable suddenly went out (this includes our phone & internet as well, since we bundle). It was so late that we had to wait until this morning to find out what happened (since it never came back on), and as it turns out, they somehow managed to accidentally turn off our cable (the cable company)...

How does that even happen? -_-

Yeah, last night was pretty sucky.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,664. Posted:

@RR529 - That sucks, someone's gonna be in a lot of trouble for that I'll bet.

@Retro - ...for some reason I really wanted to call you Sanji. Anyways...right, yeah, they don't have all their music on there. Considering it's Sony Music that's involved here, I don't think you can hope for much...you might actually have to get the CD if you want it legally. I've searched all over and can't find anywhere where you can listen to the music, or even download the MP3's, though the official site has samples for every song.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

8,665. Posted:

@CanisWolfred

Could I find say, One Piece OPs and EDs, as well as several other anime on iTunes?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,666. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Could I find say, One Piece OPs and EDs, as well as several other anime on iTunes?

I don't know about One Piece but if you look up the songs through the Band's name it might be on there. Full Metal Alchemist has some OP and ED's on there like Let It Out by Miku Fukahara I believe. Love that song.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

8,667. Posted:

Reading Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Vol. 1. And so far is turning out really good (Akatsuki is definitely the best dude to have a harem).

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

8,668. Posted:

So what anime has your favorite art style?
My favorite art style would have to be Death Note, I really like the more realistic tone it takes.

Currently playing: Samurai Warriors 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and Super Smash Bros. (Wii U).

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

8,669. Posted:

I love the 17th One Piece Opening..just look at my avatar!

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,670. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

My favorite art style would have to be Death Note, I really like the more realistic tone it takes.

Favourite art style?

I like how Usagi Drop emphasises its poignant scenes with really detailed and colourful landscape shots. There's always one or two an episode and they're breathtaking each time. I like FLCL's casual, almost unfinished style - it makes the overall anime so much more lighthearted. And that scene in the opening where Medical Mechanica blows out smoke across the town, that was one of my favourites. I also like how Honey and Clover, being a series about art, constantly changes art styles to suit the mood of each scene while mostly adhering to a watercolour style which looked different to all other anime at that point. The animation wasn't great and the characters were off model at times, but there was a certain warmth to which the anime was drawn which really complimented the coming of age theme.

Also obligatory shoutout to KyoAni for having a pretty reliable track record for their art. You can always expect a KyoAni background to have a lot of work put into it. Same goes for PA Works, they're great with keeping movement in their shots and always having something happening even in their establishing pans.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,671. Posted:

Speaking of Usagi Drop: OOOOHHHHH. Rin grows up by the time that creepy arc starts. Ooooh, well that makes it slightly less incredibly, annoyingly dumb. Though I wish it wasn't put into the manga in the first place. I might follow the manga some day then.m

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,672. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Speaking of Usagi Drop: OOOOHHHHH. Rin grows up by the time that creepy arc starts. Ooooh, well that makes it slightly less incredibly, annoyingly dumb. Though I wish it wasn't put into the manga in the first place. I might follow the manga some day then.m

LOL.

I actually recommended Usagi Drop to my friend before I was aware of the creepy arc. I think I ended up turning her off manga forever.

I think what makes it so creepy is the fact that until that point, Rin's treated Daikichi as her uncle and the series plays up the father-daughter type relation. The fact that there's a 25 year age difference still doesn't make it better though, even if Rin grows up :p

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

8,673. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

That's tough to say, although generally, I like series where they try to make the world/characters look more realistic, or at least not cartoony.

This is the reason I like a lot of 90's series (or series that started in the 90's), like Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki, InuYasha, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, & Outlaw Star.

While I still like them since they're good shows, the more 'cartoony' vibe of more modern anime like One Piece, Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, and at times Naruto & Bleach doesn't quite do as much for me, since that's not why I fell in love with anime.

There have been a few newer shows that seem to have the style that I like though, like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood & Sword Art Online.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

8,674. Posted:

My favorite art style is shockingly One Piece; not because of my raging blind love for it, but because the style allows for characters that are completely ridiculous to fit in just as much as everyone else.
Also there is never any character (in the manga at least) that comes immediately to mind as being generic, so that's impressive.

Though honestly visuals rarely make/break anything for me, so this being my favorite is only because of how well it compliments the rest of the series.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

8,675. Posted:

Something like @RR529

I like the a realistic art styles, like Kenshin, Trigun, Bebop.

Also a fan of the art styles of Samurai Champloo and FMA:B

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

8,676. Posted:

I like creative art styles usually. The more I say "wow that character sure looks creative" the better. So basically Soul Eater.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

8,677. Posted:

Soul Eater and Full Metal Alchemist are tied for my second favorite. One Piece only won because I'm a sad biased fanboy.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

8,678. Posted:

I'd have to agree that One Piece's art has become my favorite style. However, I do really like Trigun's style (especially the manga) and Fullmetal Alchemist. Generally, I like any style that just looks "good" to me at the time.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,679. Posted:

I'd, oddly, have to say my favorite style was the first Digimon movies. The style wasn't too detailed but allowed for more fluid animation. It looked different too from most animes back then and until recently. I'd also have to say Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time in that case.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Artwark

8,680. Posted:

Dragon Ball art is my absolute favorite as it further went on into Chrono Trigger.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

Twitter: Art_Wark