Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 8,661 to 8,680 of 11,654

Rocko52

I love the 17th One Piece Opening..just look at my avatar!

Anime watching: Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Chuck Amuck

Magikarp3

Jaz007 wrote:

So what anime has your favorite art style?
My favorite art style would have to be Death Note, I really like the more realistic tone it takes.

Favourite art style?

I like how Usagi Drop emphasises its poignant scenes with really detailed and colourful landscape shots. There's always one or two an episode and they're breathtaking each time. I like FLCL's casual, almost unfinished style - it makes the overall anime so much more lighthearted. And that scene in the opening where Medical Mechanica blows out smoke across the town, that was one of my favourites. I also like how Honey and Clover, being a series about art, constantly changes art styles to suit the mood of each scene while mostly adhering to a watercolour style which looked different to all other anime at that point. The animation wasn't great and the characters were off model at times, but there was a certain warmth to which the anime was drawn which really complimented the coming of age theme.

Also obligatory shoutout to KyoAni for having a pretty reliable track record for their art. You can always expect a KyoAni background to have a lot of work put into it. Same goes for PA Works, they're great with keeping movement in their shots and always having something happening even in their establishing pans.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Magikarp3

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Speaking of Usagi Drop: OOOOHHHHH. Rin grows up by the time that creepy arc starts. Ooooh, well that makes it slightly less incredibly, annoyingly dumb. Though I wish it wasn't put into the manga in the first place. I might follow the manga some day then.m

LOL.

I actually recommended Usagi Drop to my friend before I was aware of the creepy arc. I think I ended up turning her off manga forever.

I think what makes it so creepy is the fact that until that point, Rin's treated Daikichi as her uncle and the series plays up the father-daughter type relation. The fact that there's a 25 year age difference still doesn't make it better though, even if Rin grows up

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

RR529

Jaz007 wrote:

So what anime has your favorite art style?
My favorite art style would have to be Death Note, I really like the more realistic tone it takes.

That's tough to say, although generally, I like series where they try to make the world/characters look more realistic, or at least not cartoony.

This is the reason I like a lot of 90's series (or series that started in the 90's), like Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, Tenchi Muyo! Ryo-Ohki, InuYasha, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, & Outlaw Star.

While I still like them since they're good shows, the more 'cartoony' vibe of more modern anime like One Piece, Fairy Tail, Soul Eater, and at times Naruto & Bleach doesn't quite do as much for me, since that's not why I fell in love with anime.

There have been a few newer shows that seem to have the style that I like though, like Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood & Sword Art Online.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

TysonOfTime

My favorite art style is shockingly One Piece; not because of my raging blind love for it, but because the style allows for characters that are completely ridiculous to fit in just as much as everyone else.
Also there is never any character (in the manga at least) that comes immediately to mind as being generic, so that's impressive.

Though honestly visuals rarely make/break anything for me, so this being my favorite is only because of how well it compliments the rest of the series.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

kkslider5552000

I like creative art styles usually. The more I say "wow that character sure looks creative" the better. So basically Soul Eater.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

TysonOfTime

Soul Eater and Full Metal Alchemist are tied for my second favorite. One Piece only won because I'm a sad biased fanboy.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Rocko52

I'd have to agree that One Piece's art has become my favorite style. However, I do really like Trigun's style (especially the manga) and Fullmetal Alchemist. Generally, I like any style that just looks "good" to me at the time.

Anime watching: Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

Socar

Dragon Ball art is my absolute favorite as it further went on into Chrono Trigger.

my 3ds friend code is 1461-7634-1658

creativity is the insane possibility.

http://bittypix.blogspot.com

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Rocko52

I just watched the first episode of Space Dandy in dub. It was very good...reminds me of Kill la Kill...just in regards to the level of insanity.

I loved the 60's vibe, and the robot.

Edited on by Rocko52

Retro_on_theGo

Y'know, I actually just watched a fight from an episode of Future Card Buddyfight . . . from what I could gather, the card game isn't too bad..but the show is god awful. Nothing to be surprised about.

Rocko52 wrote:

I just watched the first episode of Space Dandy in dub. It was very good...reminds me of Kill la Kill...just in regards to the level of insanity

Huh, that's exactly how I felt.

kkslider5552000

The main difference is that Space Dandy is blatantly a comedy while Kill la Kill is intentionally being over-the-top and mostly serious to the point of being hilarious. Kill la Kill's in a weird place where it's too over-the-top to take seriously, but it's too good to not take it seriously. Kinda reminds me of Phoenix Wright in that regard...

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

GuSolarFlare

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The main difference is that Space Dandy is blatantly a comedy while Kill la Kill is intentionally being over-the-top and mostly serious to the point of being hilarious. Kill la Kill's in a weird place where it's too over-the-top to take seriously, but it's too good to not take it seriously. Kinda reminds me of Phoenix Wright in that regard...

yeah that's the feeling I get too..

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

shingi_70

Nice Twin Peaks reference in Soul Eater.

Anyone watch the space battle Yamato reboot yet?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

How would you rate it so far. I liked the original starblazers and as we've talked before Sci-fi is my favorite genre.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

CanisWolfred

shingi_70 wrote:

How would you rate it so far. I liked the original starblazers and as we've talked before Sci-fi is my favorite genre.

It's one of the best remakes I've ever seen, and is easily one of the best sci-fi shows of the past 10 years. If it can pull off a great ending, which I've been told it does, then it'll be one of the best Sci-Fi shows ever.

I really want to finish it, but I'm a slave to my impulses. I just gotta wait until I'm back in the mood.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic