Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 8,641 to 8,660 of 11,594

TysonOfTime

Why does One Piece have to be so powerful?
I watched all of the Funimation Dub of Enies Lobby, and I just keep ending up crying. I already know everything that happens, but it always hits me right in the feels.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think after catching up with Dandy (which won't be hard ) and Kill la Kill I'll start Beck. Although it seems I'll have to finish the story through the manga? Eeh..

imo, the anime's ending for Beck is very satisfying since it picks just the right notes to go off on. The manga gets a little stranger, thanks to a few American characters, and it just wasn't as satisfying.

Also, watch it in the dub! You'll have the songs in your head for days

Guess I'll just stick with the anime then! I would have really enjoyed the characters to have bothered continuing anyways.

On a different note, for those of you that keep up with Japanese bands or singers ...how do you do that? I mostly follow musicians through YouTube but most asian performers in general don't have an account and their songs are frequently blocked. AKFG is my prime example, having their own youtube account, but only a grand total of 4 song being on their.

There's quite a few Japanese musicians on iTunes. Asian Kung-Fu Generation has two whole albums on there at least, maybe more.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

CrimsonFire

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'd probably recommend switching to the manga afterwards, since as far as I know, the anime never went into the final arc (which is basically what the entire rest of the series has been building up to in a way).

Yeah, I've been looking into that, but i never read manga. Also I'm trying to decide whether or not to watch season 3

Magikarp3

I spent my morning watching Lucky Star while firing off as many job applications as I could. Today was a good day.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Rocko52

Huh, I've heard that's pretty good.

Anime watching: Lupin III (Green Jacket) Diebuster & Ouran Highschool Host Club
Games playing: Metal Gear Solid 2

kkslider5552000

I don't know why people are annoyed by the incest story in SAO...

...ok I know EXACTLY why, but I don't think they realize how much worse it could be. This is easily a million times better than say, Kiss X Sis. They have no idea how bad it could be.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

OdnetninAges

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I don't know why people are annoyed by the incest story in SAO...

...ok I know EXACTLY why, but I don't think they realize how much worse it could be. This is easily a million times better than say, Kiss X Sis. They have no idea how bad it could be.

Agreed.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"I'll destroy the illusion with my right hand!"

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times! NOTE: It's dead.

The original classic.

Salty about no NX at e3 this year.

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

There's quite a few Japanese musicians on iTunes. Asian Kung-Fu Generation has two whole albums on there at least, maybe more.

Oh I know. I even have AKFG's greatest hits album and Flow's anime openings album. Unfortunately AKFG's Magic Disc isn't on their which is the album I would really love to buy.

RR529

As you may have guessed from a lack of my weekly update, I missed all of Toonami.

Literally 10 minutes before Space Dandy was going to start, our cable suddenly went out (this includes our phone & internet as well, since we bundle). It was so late that we had to wait until this morning to find out what happened (since it never came back on), and as it turns out, they somehow managed to accidentally turn off our cable (the cable company)...

How does that even happen? -_-

Yeah, last night was pretty sucky.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

CanisWolfred

@RR529 - That sucks, someone's gonna be in a lot of trouble for that I'll bet.

@Retro - ...for some reason I really wanted to call you Sanji. Anyways...right, yeah, they don't have all their music on there. Considering it's Sony Music that's involved here, I don't think you can hope for much...you might actually have to get the CD if you want it legally. I've searched all over and can't find anywhere where you can listen to the music, or even download the MP3's, though the official site has samples for every song.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred

Could I find say, One Piece OPs and EDs, as well as several other anime on iTunes?

Anime watching: Lupin III (Green Jacket) Diebuster & Ouran Highschool Host Club
Games playing: Metal Gear Solid 2

Retro_on_theGo

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Could I find say, One Piece OPs and EDs, as well as several other anime on iTunes?

I don't know about One Piece but if you look up the songs through the Band's name it might be on there. Full Metal Alchemist has some OP and ED's on there like Let It Out by Miku Fukahara I believe. Love that song.

kaiserwave

Reading Hagure Yuusha no Estetica Vol. 1. And so far is turning out really good (Akatsuki is definitely the best dude to have a harem).

kaiserwave

Jaz007

So what anime has your favorite art style?
My favorite art style would have to be Death Note, I really like the more realistic tone it takes.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic