General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 8,641 to 8,660 of 10,459

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,641. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

How many subgenres does giant robots have???

Only two...Real Robot (aka Mecha) and Super Robot. Again, I don't like calling it real robot since nobody ever actually calls it that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

8,642. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Crimsonfire
You're watching Rurouni Kenshin? Cool.

@CanisWolfred
Did you like Yamato 2299?

Yup, I'm on episode 57

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

8,643. Posted:

I'd probably recommend switching to the manga afterwards, since as far as I know, the anime never went into the final arc (which is basically what the entire rest of the series has been building up to in a way).

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,644. Posted:

I think after catching up with Dandy (which won't be hard :P) and Kill la Kill I'll start Beck. Although it seems I'll have to finish the story through the manga? Eeh..

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,645. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I think after catching up with Dandy (which won't be hard :P) and Kill la Kill I'll start Beck. Although it seems I'll have to finish the story through the manga? Eeh..

imo, the anime's ending for Beck is very satisfying since it picks just the right notes to go off on. The manga gets a little stranger, thanks to a few American characters, and it just wasn't as satisfying.

Also, watch it in the dub! You'll have the songs in your head for days :D

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,646. Posted:

Jollykarp wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

imo, the anime's ending for Beck is very satisfying since it picks just the right notes to go off on. The manga gets a little stranger, thanks to a few American characters, and it just wasn't as satisfying.

Guess I'll just stick with the anime then! I would have really enjoyed the characters to have bothered continuing anyways.

On a different note, for those of you that keep up with Japanese bands or singers ...how do you do that? I mostly follow musicians through YouTube but most asian performers in general don't have an account and their songs are frequently blocked. AKFG is my prime example, having their own youtube account, but only a grand total of 4 song being on their. :|

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Squid

8,647. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Guess I'll just stick with the anime then! I would have really enjoyed the characters to have bothered continuing anyways.

On a different note, for those of you that keep up with Japanese bands or singers ...how do you do that? I mostly follow musicians through YouTube but most asian performers in general don't have an account and their songs are frequently blocked. AKFG is my prime example, having their own youtube account, but only a grand total of 4 song being on their. :|

Not sure how much it helps, but I think if you look around you can find some bands and singers that update a lot. For example the pillows and T.M. Revolution both have Facebook pages that seem to update well enough (maybe not the pillows as much), though sometimes the posts are mostly in Japanese, of course. D:

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,648. Posted:

AFKG actually has an English division fansite/twitter that keeps you up to date on everything that's happening! I tend to forum hop a little so I guess I follow the artists through their fans. I also follow Spitz, base ball bear, Sukima Switch and the pillows.

I also try to watch live performances whenever I can. I love how Japanese artists are less flashy, and their fans are so much more respectful :D

Edited on by Magikarp3

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

8,649. Posted:

Finished season 2 of Kenshin. It's the most emotional I've gotten while watching anime.

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

8,650. Posted:

Why does One Piece have to be so powerful?
I watched all of the Funimation Dub of Enies Lobby, and I just keep ending up crying. I already know everything that happens, but it always hits me right in the feels.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,651. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Jollykarp wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

There's quite a few Japanese musicians on iTunes. Asian Kung-Fu Generation has two whole albums on there at least, maybe more.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

8,652. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'd probably recommend switching to the manga afterwards, since as far as I know, the anime never went into the final arc (which is basically what the entire rest of the series has been building up to in a way).

Yeah, I've been looking into that, but i never read manga. Also I'm trying to decide whether or not to watch season 3

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,653. Posted:

I spent my morning watching Lucky Star while firing off as many job applications as I could. Today was a good day.

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

8,654. Posted:

I was watching outlaw star but stopped after 4 eps.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

8,655. Posted:

Huh, I've heard that's pretty good.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

8,656. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Huh, I've heard that's pretty good.

I might watch it again later, but I'm just not in the mood for it now.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Squid

8,657. Posted:

That Space Dandy episode just now... what. :|

Untitled

Edited on by Squid

A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
Long live the King of Pop!
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,658. Posted:

Why is Adult Swim's site not letting me watch Space Dandy? -_- I'm trying to watch it legally here guys, don't tell me my service provider doesn't authorize it!

Edit: "I don't care about Oxygen, I need boobies, nothing more!" XD

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

8,659. Posted:

I don't know why people are annoyed by the incest story in SAO...

...ok I know EXACTLY why, but I don't think they realize how much worse it could be. This is easily a million times better than say, Kiss X Sis. They have no idea how bad it could be.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

OdnetninAges

8,660. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I don't know why people are annoyed by the incest story in SAO...

...ok I know EXACTLY why, but I don't think they realize how much worse it could be. This is easily a million times better than say, Kiss X Sis. They have no idea how bad it could be.

Agreed.

Console Usernames: Rc

Not an "LOL" this time, but pretty cool.

Ashley is best AT.

Miiverse Profile

My Anime List

NSLU Playthrough with friends

Check out Ninten-Times!

The Best Thing Ever

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97