Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 8,361 to 8,380 of 13,139

Rocko52

Sorry for my inactivity. Life is busy.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

CanisWolfred

Nevermind. God, Adult-Swim.com sucks. I'm totally watching the rest on TV.

But Space Dandy was silly fun. It'll be worth staying up for. I'm usually in the mood for lighter fair at that hour.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CrimsonFire

As of right now I'm on episode 10 of Champloo! I'm loving the end theme. Favorite of the 3 is Jin.

EDIT: +10 respect for Jin after seeing ep 11

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Magikarp3

I finished up Hanasaku Iroha! The ending was wonderfully depressing like all good SoL endings should be, since it felt like saying a heartfelt goodbye to the characters you had gotten to know so well throughout the series. It's amazing how so many characters started out annoying but become endearing towards the end - Minko, Enishi, Sui, Satsuki, Jiroumaru and even Takako showed both the good and bad sides of their nature. (Except for Yuina: in a cast full of goal driven hardworkers, Yuina just seemed entitled). I especially liked the way Ohana's family interacted with each other. There was a real finesse in the writing which allowed their relationship to seem believable and even though they're all so different from each other there's a certain quality which keeps them feeling like a family. The romance also intertwined with the story realistically, since it didn't drive the plot but instead added to the motivations of each character.

I totally didn't expect it to be so amazing when I started it up! Between this, The Eccentric Family and True Tears, I've developed a huge amount of respect for PA Works.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

CanisWolfred

Like I said, Iroha's good stuff. There's movie, too, which doesn't sound like a compilation movie (I haven't watched it yet). Also, I really want to watch Eccentric Family someday.

Anywho, I've been having a good Anime day. I saw the first 4 episodes of Strike the Bood, which was surprisingly interesting (let alone tolerable despite my usual aversion to blood). Then I saw the first episode of Noragami, which was better than I expected even if its similarities to Gintama are superficial at best. After that there was Nobunaga the Fool episode 1, which gave me a Code Geass vibe in how completely rediculous it was, which I love. Then I immediately went on to watch the first episode of Little Busters, which was amusing, though not quite what I expected. And lastly I saw the first episode of Hamatora, which was surprisingly pretty good (solid comedy and action, as well as likeable characters). All in all, a great way to spend my sick day.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magikarp3

Little Busters is a real mixed bag. I don't understand the load of hate it got on the internet for not being a KyoAni production though - it's watchable (save for a few moments) and the characters voices don't fit initially but they grow into their roles. I haven't checked out Refrain though, apparently that's supposed to be some of Key's best writing. I wonder how the adaptation for it went

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Astraea

I've watched Little Busters! and Refrain this past week. I thought they were really good, especially when Refrain grabs your attention one episode after the other. It's even more effective if you can speculate the "secret of the world" from the beginning of the first season.

Astraea

WashioYuji

The 1st season of Little Busters! was average I thought. It was funny at times watching the interaction between characters but the drama felt a bit forced (looking at Kud's arc). Kud's and Komari's voices were very hard to hear first time but they wore on me after a while.
Like Astraea says from the 1st episode of refrain, it grabs and keeps attention all the way through (though I haven't watched the last episode yet).
When the story hits its climax, I had some very very watery eyes
God the VA for Kyousuke is amazing, amazing for the emotional parts and absolutely hilarious in the comedic parts, like when he broke his voice discovering (21) meant loli xD.

Edited on by WashioYuji

WashioYuji

CanisWolfred

Jollykarp wrote:

Little Busters is a real mixed bag. I don't understand the load of hate it got on the internet for not being a KyoAni production though - it's watchable (save for a few moments) and the characters voices don't fit initially but they grow into their roles. I haven't checked out Refrain though, apparently that's supposed to be some of Key's best writing. I wonder how the adaptation for it went

I think the first episode tells me what I'm getting into now. That first episode was all over the place, and the story was really random (as in it lacks normal logic. Seriously, why baseball?). I'm sure I'll like it, though. It's in the queue for when I'm done with a few other shows.

And Like the others said, Refrain is supposed to be a lot better. It's basically the reason I started watching Little Busters in the first place.

Also, welcome to the thread, @WashioYuji.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Astraea

I saw the first episode of Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren, and thought it was a lot of fun. Although, it'll probably won't be as enjoyable for anyone who hasn't watched the first season. But here's a fun fact. Jun Fukuyam, the voice actor for Lelouch from Code Geass, voices the main character from Chuu2.

Astraea

CanisWolfred

The dude's been getting a lot of work lately - he's voicing 5 characters this season, including three main characters (Takumi in Strange+, and Birthday on Hamatora).

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magikarp3

@WashioYuji I liked Kud's arc! That being said, I liked it because it was completely ridiculous and unexpected for a VN plot, but still! I think JC Staff did a great job considering that they only got 3-4 episodes to deal with each character's story. Also, I was a little disappointed when I heard KyoAni wasn't taking Little Busters too since they have a near infamous reputation for making wonderful heartbreaking scenes (and then putting them into seemingly harmless comedy anime). I actually felt JC Staff made the character interactions feel a little more natural, as if it really were just a group of friends playing around.

kkslider5552000

that's legitimately a pretty awesome tribute/parody but it's also the only good Simpsons thing I've personally seen post-Movie, which makes me sad.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

WashioYuji

@Jollykarp Maybe it was the transition that made me feel like it was forced, It was like being thrown from heaven straight to hell xD
It is a shame that KyoAni didn't pick it up but it can't be helped since they apparently have a little rift with Key. Not saying JC didn't do a good job which they did especially with the 2nd season.
Key's record of giving me watery eyes carries on, so far 5 straight animes in a row >_>

WashioYuji

Wheeler

Watching Gundam: The 08th MS Team (English). I don't remember this show having cussing. This is probably the only Gundam show that has the most cussing ever.

Wheeler

CanisWolfred

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Watching Gundam: The 08th MS Team (English). I don't remember this show having cussing. This is probably the only Gundam show that has the most cussing ever.

The show actually had Nudity. I guess they decided that alone would bring up the rating, so may as well throw in the sailor talk.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Wheeler

CanisWolfred wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

The show actually had Nudity. I guess they decided that alone would bring up the rating, so may as well throw in the sailor talk.

That reminds me of Seed Destiny when Kira got lucky with Flay.

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic