General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 8,001 to 8,020 of 10,478

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,001. Posted:

I saw a picture of a robot whale that I thought was from a Brave series, but turned out to be from Bravest Warriors. Before I found that out, however, I decided to watch episode 37 of Brave Police J-Decker. I think I recall hearing that this one was supposed to be one of the better Brave series, so I wanted to see what I would be in for once I start watching more Braves.

...But apparently I went into the very worst episode I could've possibly have jumped into. I knew I was in for something a little pretentious when I saw this episode was titled "The Hunt for the God Whale", but I was not prepared for this. It was pretentious up the wazzoo, there was so much philosophical bullcrap going on that I couldn't believe it, and there was twist after freakin' twist! Seriously, here's how the whole episode went down:

[Spoiler] * First, some people find a whale in the north that responds to human commands, so they then assume it's a God Whale and start worshiping it.

• Then they bring it to Japan and it just starts going on a rampage, no longer responding to their commands.
  • Then the Robot Police show up and it turns out it's a Cyborg Whale.
  • Then they find out that the whale was built by some professor, whom I guess one of the main character's little sister knows (I don't know, she just shows up at his house for some reason and the robot police didn't set off the amber alert, so I guess it's fine), that no one could control (despite the fact that people were controling it earlier in the episode) so they released it into the waters without telling anybody (because that is totally responsible).
  • Then it turns out that the whale is the professor's son, and the professor is the only one who can stop it.
  • Then it turns out that it isn't the professor's son, it's just a mindless automoton, the professor accidently killed his son before he could make the mind transfer, so he can't stop it (SO WHY DID HE SAY IT WAS HIS SON AND WASTE EVERYBODY'S TIME!?).
  • Then they start babbling about various philosophical bullcrap while the Whale destroys things.
  • Then the Robot Police finally decide to just kill the whale, and drop Icebergs on it in order to be ironic.
  • Then they start babbling about Philosophical stuff again.
  • Then Merpeople show up, without any explanation, and take the remains of the whale away (seriously, what was up with the Merpeople?! Were they established earlier in the series? Do they come up again? Why did one of them look like the Doctor's Son? Were they spirits? Why did they talk about the future afterwards? Were they from the future? Why didn't any character bring up a single freakin' question?!)[/spoiler]

I think the best part was when one of the robots asks how a mindless automotan could go on a rampage, and the doctor went on about how it was rejected by nature, causing it to be "unable to rest", and the robot says, "That's....TOTAL NONSENSE!" I mean, I was thinking the exact same thing when I heard it, too.

I seriously hope the rest of this series isn't as pretentious and poorly written as this was, or I may be in for a rough ride if this really is one of the better Brave series. But I really doubt the rest is that bad. I dunno, it just doesn't seem possible to replicate that kind of stupidity on a regular basis. I'll still be giving the rest a go later.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,002. Posted:

Alright, some good news, some bad news, and two bits of old news:

Good news is, Crunchyroll will be streaming One Piece! That means now we'll have the entire Big 3 on one website! And I no longer have to put up with Hulu in order to support the latest One Piece!

The (potentially)bad news is that rumor has it that Chernin Group is looking to aquire Crunchyroll. Personally, I don't trust the former head of News Corp.

Possibly old news, but apparently you can read Manga on Crunchyroll now. Selections not great, but I might still use it. I just found that out today. Also, I just found out they sell model kits on Crunchyroll's store. I totally want to get this Dougram model kit as soon as I can! I love that machine. I wish I could've gotten it on Daisuke, though, maybe to help convince them to publish more Sunrise Mecha anime...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

8,003. Posted:

access to older volumes are for all access members only >.< blah time to upgrade.

Great to see One Piece in Crunchy. I been watching episodes on this low quality video site. (hulu doesn't work too well on my pc)

My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH
Just got a WiiU if you added me on 3ds feel free to add me on this too.

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,004. Posted:

ELI-ASH wrote:

access to older volumes are for all access members only >.< blah time to upgrade.

Great to see One Piece in Crunchy. I been watching episodes on this low quality video site. (hulu doesn't work too well on my pc)

Same here. The site seems to crash my browser these days, so I've had to use other sources. Now I can finally support the show on a site I like.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Astraea

8,005. Posted:

Infinite Stratos 2 was heavy on fan service this week. There was about 20 seconds of plot which is pretty bad, but more importantly the main protagonist's level of density is starting to irritate me.

Noucome on the other hand is still fun to watch. Every episode manages to make me laugh and I love the ED music. It's probably one of the best ED songs of this season along with Unbreakable Machine-Doll.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,006. Posted:

Btw, I decided to just start watching Brave of Gold GOLDRAN. It was the only Brave anime I really wanted to watch, and I kept getting a good vibe from it. 4 episodes in and I love it so far. It's different from GaoGaiGar in that it's really light-hearted. While I miss the tone from GGG, it has been really funny, especially with all the Gundam references and spoofs. I also like the designs of the mechs, while they're a bit toyish, the grunts actually seem like something I'd reasonably expect from a real robot mecha show. I also like how it has more of an adventure feel to it. Right off the bat they're going to a bunch of different places instead of staying in a set location. The characters are all immediately endearing, too, even the kids, who are usually the worst part of any of these kind of shows. I can't wait to watch more, though I'll be hitting a wall, soon - it hasn't been fully subbed yet, and the sub group is nortorious for taking their time. Also, so far I can only find it on Youtube, and they don't have all the episodes up as far as I can tell...

Astraea wrote:

Infinite Stratos 2 was heavy on fan service this week. There was about 20 seconds of plot which is pretty bad, but more importantly the main protagonist's level of density is starting to irritate me.

Not surprised there's at least one of those episodes...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Astraea

8,007. Posted:

IS kind of did the same thing on the third episode. The fifth episode was more notable, much so that even the animation for the ED song was affected.

Kyoukai no Kanata seems pretty good so far, and I really like some of the jokes they make, especially in the fifth episode.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

8,008. Posted:

I upgraded my membership on crunchy and i still can't access earlier stuff from "Attack on Titan" >.< i guess they haven't added them yet.

My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH
Just got a WiiU if you added me on 3ds feel free to add me on this too.

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

8,009. Posted:

yep, so I just posted that essay of an anime character in the place in the link in the signature and kinda want to just blatantly advertise it because of the effort I put into it but basically only diehard Conan fans will be able to fully appreciate it (or even fully understand what I'm talking about). Sigh. I feel it was for the best I wrote it in the long-run but having such a minimal possible audience for something I put so much work into is annoying me...

anyway Toonami will be weird tonight, as I literally just watched that One Piece episode yesterday....

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

8,010. Posted:

I had a lot and i mean a lot of time to kill so I hung around some stores and read some manga. I read a few chapters of Those Crazy Shrine Maidens (Kannagi?) and I thought it was ok. I've known about the anime's existence but from what I read the manga is really...bland. Nothing really stands out. I for some reason decided to read the final chapter of FMA too. I wish I had money to buy it now. I didn't know they manga had a bonus chapter at the end. The ending was so damn PERFECT. Jeez I love FMA!
To kill off the final hour I decided to read a whole manga, I don't know why I picked it, guess it popped out, but I read My Girlfriend is a Geek. I don't usually read stereotypical shoujo manga like this. It was ok, I guess. The girl is an Otaku, specifically a fujoshi(?). I'm not gonna bother checking the spelling since I'm sure google will end up scarring me if I search that. Anyways, art was.. good. The yaoi obsessed girlfriend/innocent guy dynamic was chuckle worthy at least. Cute since I recently found out my girlfriend enjoys yaoi, meh. It's definitely not something I see myself bothering to pick the second volume of. I wish I read Ultimo instead.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

8,011. Posted:

SAO episode 14...can't say I saw that coming

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

RR529

8,012. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Facepalm. Are they really that desperate for filler ideas? It's like a fan fic (scratch that, a fan fic would be more original). I like the new opening, at least.

Naruto - Aww yeah, this fight was freakin' intense. One of the series' best so far. The focus on an all CGI background was odd (especially since it's aged terribly), but I guess it allowed them more freedom with dynamic camera angles, which was nice.

One Piece - Know that excited feeling you get when you come across a new city to explore in an RPG? That's what this felt like, which was pretty cool (those horse fish things were more creepy than endearing, though).

Soul Eater - The fight was pretty good here, although the animation didn't seem quite as fluid with this one (could just be me, though). Things aren't looking good for our heroes, though.

Sword Art Online - Episode of the night! I kind of figured there was something up with that guy, but I never imagined it'd unfold like this. A total shock conclusion. Where does the series go from here?

FLCL - There isn't much about this you can say, that hasn't already been said. It's pure awesome!

Surprise! - F*** you Adult Swim, f*** you. For our special extra hour tonight, what do we get? We get an hour of crappy failed AS comedy pilots. Most of their comedy stuff that they actually go on with is s***, so what makes them think we want to see the stuff even they reject? Not only was this not an appropriate use of the Toonami brand, it was a straight insult to the block, and it's viewers.

Anyhow, T.O.M. hosted another Q&A session tonight, where he brought up the December movie event, Space Dandy, and mentioned why they have to cut openings & endings.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

8,013. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Surprise! - F*** you Adult Swim, f*** you. For our special extra hour tonight, what do we get? We get an hour of crappy failed AS comedy pilots. Most of their comedy stuff that they actually go on with is s***, so what makes them think we want to see the stuff even they reject? Not only was this not an appropriate use of the Toonami brand, it was a straight insult to the block...

Looks like I'm deleting THAT recording then.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

8,014. Posted:

started watching Nyan Koi... it's completely weird and funny! I'm liking it a lot!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

8,015. Posted:

Watching season 2 of Infinite Stratos ep. 5 and Yu Yu Hakusho.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

8,016. Posted:

Just started watching Gundam Seed. I find the characters likeable, but there's always that one chick that annoys me. The animation is pretty decent considering when it was made. Though its still bugs me a little, i'll get over it eventually. Also I find the story amazing, just live every gundam series i've watched. Once i finsh this up ill move to G Seed destiny, then start attack on titan. It's a shame im drowning in school work lately. And there goes my monthly post XD.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

8,017. Posted:

SEED gets even better towards the end. I actually thought the beginning was too much like the original Gundam, only worse. But it gets better once it starts doing its own thing.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

8,018. Posted:

I'm saw the first episode of FLCL, and i might watch it, but online.(I'm not going to stay up until 2:30 for this)

Almost watching no anime right now.

Mushi-shi which i see about one episode a month. I want to start watching another anime, but i don't know what,...maybe FLCL, but i don't know about that yet.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

8,019. Posted:

CrimsonFire wrote:

I'm saw the first episode of FLCL, and i might watch it, but online.(I'm not going to stay up until 2:30 for this)

Almost watching no anime right now.

Mushi-shi which i see about one episode a month. I want to start watching another anime, but i don't know what,...maybe FLCL, but i don't know about that yet.

FLCL's only six episodes, you can just marathon them and pretend it's a movie :p

My habits have been like that as well. I've been watching maybe an episode every two weeks, stuff's just been too busy and I'll only watch if I wind up with spare time before I go to sleep. Can't help but look at Crunchyroll and feel like I'm missing out on this season though :/

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

8,020. Posted:

@Mellowkarp

If it's only six episodes, then i will definitely be watching this now.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS