General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,961 to 7,980 of 9,401

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

7,961. Posted:

I Finally have a reason to watch Toonami!!! YES!!!

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

7,962. Posted:

@V8_Ninja, I don't know whether to be elated, or sad.

On one hand, that is awesome news for anime on TV (the block extending, and having the funds to air an anime before it even airs in Japan), and the show itself sounds awesome.

On the other hand, my parents usually don't go to bed until right about 11 (central), so I'll undoubtedly miss it 80% of the time...

The earlier start time will also hinder my enjoyment of the three movies they'll be showing in December (since I'm bound to miss the opening half hour or so).

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

7,963. Posted:

@RR529
Why, are you not allowed to watch Toonami?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowFox254

7,964. Posted:

Just watch the new episode of Infinite Stratos. I must admit, it's turning out really good.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

7,965. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

If you were paying attention to the anime news within the last few weeks, you might have heard that Toonami had some surprises to announce. The first surprise was that the block is now starting at 11:30pm EST, giving Toonami a total runtime of 6.5 hours.

The other surprise was this.

Yes, that's actually happening.

:O

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadowFox254

7,966. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

If you were paying attention to the anime news within the last few weeks, you might have heard that Toonami had some surprises to announce. The first surprise was that the block is now starting at 11:30pm EST, giving Toonami a total runtime of 6.5 hours.

The other surprise was this.

Yes, that's actually happening.

It gives me a Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo vibe.

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Retro_on_theGo

7,967. Posted:

sniffle I'm so damn proud to see how far Toonami's starting to go! :D

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

7,968. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
Why, are you not allowed to watch Toonami?

It's not that, it's just that we don't have another TV with cable, so I have to wait until they go to bed to watch anything, really.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CrimsonFire

7,969. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

If you were paying attention to the anime news within the last few weeks, you might have heard that Toonami had some surprises to announce. The first surprise was that the block is now starting at 11:30pm EST, giving Toonami a total runtime of 6.5 hours.

The other surprise was this.

Great news!,definitely interested in this,and can't wait to see the movies in December.When will Space Dandy air?

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

7,970. Posted:

BTW, I watched the Ninja Gaiden OVA last night on YouTube!

I guess it was alright. I don't know much about the NES era NG universe, so I can't comment on the OVA's authenticity to the world. Ryu didn't seem nearly as bada** as he does in the newer games, though, and the story seemed weaker than it could have been.

I do however recommend the new Death Battle (Ryu Hayabusa VS Strider), that raised my awareness of the OVA in the first place. (even if I personally wasn't a fan of the match's conclusion)

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

V8_Ninja

7,971. Posted:

Gatchaman Crowds is getting a second season.

Much like the actual show itself, I'm not sure what to think about this. To me, Gatchaman Crowds seemed like a show that was created for ~24 episodes but crammed into 12. But doing another season instead of entirely redoing the show? That strikes me as extremely odd.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

GuSilverFlame

7,972. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Gatchaman Crowds is getting a second season.

Much like the actual show itself, I'm not sure what to think about this. To me, Gatchaman Crowds seemed like a show that was created for ~24 episodes but crammed into 12. But doing another season instead of entirely redoing the show? That strikes me as extremely odd.

I'm soooooo hyped right now

HAJIME WILL BE BACK!!!!!!!

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheKingOfTown

7,973. Posted:

I'm impressed that FUNimation is shooting out a dub for a show this fast. Though on the other hand, this could mean that it's rushed and not very good...

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

7,974. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

If you were paying attention to the anime news within the last few weeks, you might have heard that Toonami had some surprises to announce. The first surprise was that the block is now starting at 11:30pm EST, giving Toonami a total runtime of 6.5 hours.

The other surprise was this.

Yes, that's actually happening.

So it's Shinichiro Watanabe + Studio Bones + English dub?
And it's airing here here before Japan?
I'm salivating.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

7,975. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I'm impressed that FUNimation is shooting out a dub for a show this fast. Though on the other hand, this could mean that it's rushed and not very good...

That's what I'm worried most about. I already saw the Japanese trailer and loved what I saw, but if the dub is bad, I dunno if I'd be willing to watch stay up to watch it. BTW, is it starting tonight some later night? I don't want to miss the first episode, cold or no cold.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

7,976. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I'm impressed that FUNimation is shooting out a dub for a show this fast. Though on the other hand, this could mean that it's rushed and not very good...

That's what I'm worried most about. I already saw the Japanese trailer and loved what I saw, but if the dub is bad, I dunno if I'd be willing to watch stay up to watch it. BTW, is it starting tonight some later night? I don't want to miss the first episode, cold or no cold.

From what I understand, it starts in January.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

7,977. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I'm impressed that FUNimation is shooting out a dub for a show this fast. Though on the other hand, this could mean that it's rushed and not very good...

That's what I'm worried most about. I already saw the Japanese trailer and loved what I saw, but if the dub is bad, I dunno if I'd be willing to watch stay up to watch it. BTW, is it starting tonight some later night? I don't want to miss the first episode, cold or no cold.

From what I understand, it starts in January.

You're right. Hopefully I won't have a cold by then. :P

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RR529

7,978. Posted:

So it doesn't start until January? That's good, that means the earlier start time probably won't start until then either, meaning I probably won't miss the openings of the movies they're showing in December!

So, what do you think the movies will be?

Since it's three consecutive weeks in a row, I'm guessing the first two will be replays of Evangelion 1.11 & Evangelion 2.22, with the third week being the premier of Evangelion 3.33.

However, if that's not the case, I hope one of them is Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods (since Funi is producing a quick dub of an entire series for Toonami, maybe this wouldn't be too far fetched either).

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

7,979. Posted:

Well I've now seen the first special episode of One Piece, and the 1998 Production IG OVA. Also seen the first two movies...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TysonOfTime

7,980. Posted:

I actually stayed up to watch Toonami tonight! And I picked a great one; One Piece finally started Water 7! And Soul Eater is playing an awesome episode as well.

Although I do dislike all shortened openings and endings...

Edited on by TysonOfTime

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime