General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,921 to 7,940 of 11,114

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

7,921. Posted:

Toriko is awesome, but at the same time I wouldn't rank it very high compared to other long-running shounen. I recommend focusing on One Piece now that you're in one of the best arcs of the series.

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
Rocko52

Rocko52

7,922. Posted:

I know I'm kinda taking forever with One Piece. You see I was nearly done with Loguetown in July, but thanks to some busyness I couldn't watch more for several weeks. I finished in August. I wrestled for a while with whether I should skip the filler or not, and finally decided to and finished it in two weeks in september. Since then I watched the two movies last weekend, and watched all of Reverse Mountain, Whiskey Peak, and The Diary of Coby Meppo in two days. I kinda started to obsess over One Piece during late September which led me to watch the movies and now I'm still really into it. I know I'm taking forever, but I'm trying to go a lot faster now that I'm pretty much only watching One Piece, and watching Kill la Kill & Diamond no Ace whenever a new episode is out. I'm gonna try to get through the first 2-3 eps of Little Garden tonight.

Anime watching: Parasye, Yona of the Dawn, Death Parade, Mushi-shi

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

7,923. Posted:

MAN I need to finish Shana.

Does anyone know if Cartoonnetwork will be streaming the pokemon movie tomorrow? I really want to see the preview of the x and y anime dub but I don't want to wait just for a low quality grainy upload on youtubel I don't have TV.

Want Rival Schools 3? Show your support to Capcom! Or tell Capcom on social media! You want to know more about the game first? Here's some gameplay!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime

7,924. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

MAN I need to finish Shana.

Does anyone know if Cartoonnetwork will be streaming the pokemon movie tomorrow? I really want to see the preview of the x and y anime dub but I don't want to wait just for a low quality grainy upload on youtubel I don't have TV.

I don't know... What time is it? I have PSATs tomorrow... I hope I don't miss it.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
RR529

RR529

7,925. Posted:

I read the newest chapter of Bleach last night!

SPOILERS

Thanks to Uehara's plan, the Captains have their Bankai back!

First, Soi Fon (injured to the point of immobility) released her Bankai, and with the help of Omaeda (who aimed & kept it steady), fired it at her opponent Stern Ritter. Direct Hit!

Secondly, Toshiro regained half of his from Qui Lon (or whatever it is), and a battle of Hyorinmaru Bankai commenced! Toshiro had the advantage, however, as his opponent's half of Hyorinmaru refused to hurt him. Toshiro then regained full control of his Bankai, and buried Qui Lon inside a cross of ice!

SPOILERS END

Avatar: Tear (TotA)

Playing: Dragon Quest V (AND)

Watching: Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix) Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Netflix), InuYasha: the Final Act (Toonami), DBZ Kai (Toonami)

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

7,926. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

MAN I need to finish Shana.

Does anyone know if Cartoonnetwork will be streaming the pokemon movie tomorrow? I really want to see the preview of the x and y anime dub but I don't want to wait just for a low quality grainy upload on youtubel I don't have TV.

I don't know... What time is it? I have PSATs tomorrow... I hope I don't miss it.

Hah! Took those already. It's like..at... Niight? Idk, 7 I'd assume.

Want Rival Schools 3? Show your support to Capcom! Or tell Capcom on social media! You want to know more about the game first? Here's some gameplay!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime

7,927. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

MAN I need to finish Shana.

Does anyone know if Cartoonnetwork will be streaming the pokemon movie tomorrow? I really want to see the preview of the x and y anime dub but I don't want to wait just for a low quality grainy upload on youtubel I don't have TV.

I don't know... What time is it? I have PSATs tomorrow... I hope I don't miss it.

Hah! Took those already. It's like..at... Niight? Idk, 7 I'd assume.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.
And yeah, the PSATs are gonna suuuuuuuck. I don't even have to take them, but I was forced to.
I feel like the Critical reading portion is going to make a mockery of my very being based on the practice exam. T_T

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Rocko52

Rocko52

7,928. Posted:

@TysonofTime
Guess you're a sophmore too? Good luck, I took them Wednesday, they were easy IMO lol.

Just watched last week's Diamond no Ace, episode 2, it was great!

@Everyone
Please sign my One Piece petition.

Anime watching: Parasye, Yona of the Dawn, Death Parade, Mushi-shi

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

7,929. Posted:

I just watched the first episode of Kill la Kill.

...look...I...

give me a minute...

...

sigh ok...ok

so, I like overexaggerating for the sake of humor. So whenever something ridiculous or easy to make fun of comes from Japan, I act like it's the best thing ever made or the most ridiculous thing ever made. It's never either but it's fun. But, I'm not sure I can do that anymore in terms of insanity. This anime was...too much. I'm surprised my mind got through it because this is truly, 22 of the most over-the-top, completely insane minutes I've ever experienced. In theory, I should already be a big fan but it's gone so far beyond that and everything that, and I'm not kidding, I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to fully enjoy it. It's possibly too good.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
TheKingOfTown

TheKingOfTown

7,930. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I just watched the first episode of Kill la Kill.

...look...I...

give me a minute...

...

sigh ok...ok

so, I like overexaggerating for the sake of humor. So whenever something ridiculous or easy to make fun of comes from Japan, I act like it's the best thing ever made or the most ridiculous thing ever made. It's never either but it's fun. But, I'm not sure I can do that anymore in terms of insanity. This anime was...too much. I'm surprised my mind got through it because this is truly, 22 of the most over-the-top, completely insane minutes I've ever experienced. In theory, I should already be a big fan but it's gone so far beyond that and everything that, and I'm not kidding, I'm not entirely sure I'll be able to fully enjoy it. It's possibly too good.

If you liked the first episode, you'll enjoy the second and third I'd wager. Although personally, I think the fanservice is a bit much. You'll see what I mean.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage
TysonOfTime

TysonOfTime

7,931. Posted:

Oh... looks like the Genesect movie was earlier...
Oh well. Looks like I missed that.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

7,932. Posted:

FINALLY BOUGHT BAKUMAN 20!! Boy oh boy I can't wait to read the ending!!

TysonOfTime wrote:

Oh... looks like the Genesect movie was earlier...
Oh well. Looks like I missed that.

I don't even have TV. :<

Want Rival Schools 3? Show your support to Capcom! Or tell Capcom on social media! You want to know more about the game first? Here's some gameplay!

My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
ELI-ASH

ELI-ASH

7,933. Posted:

any1 noticed the latest naruto anime episode/ manga chapter both feature the 5 kage. I kinda laughed ,a year worth of material later and not much has changed.

My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH
Just got a WiiU if you added me on 3ds feel free to add me on this too.

Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

AuthorMessage
Rocko52

Rocko52

7,934. Posted:

Well I just finished Little Garden. Marathoned the last 5 eps just now. Watched the first ep last night and the first three this morning. So far it's my favorite arc this saga. Now onto Drum Island and a new crew member!

I've kept a policy of not knowing at all what happens in the introductory arcs for the Straw Hats. Originally I tried to not know at all who any of the future crew members are, but that became impossible. Now I'm fine with knowing their name, look, and basic goals/personality. Anything else is a no.

Anime watching: Parasye, Yona of the Dawn, Death Parade, Mushi-shi

AuthorMessage
RR529

RR529

7,935. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Missed it.

Naruto - Pretty good episode. I hope Hinata pulls this through, she's the kind of character you can't not like.

One Piece - A good episode as well. The fight scene was over quick, but it was good, and just a small taste of what I feel is on the horizon. It was pretty funny seeing the crew goof off for a bit, too.

Soul Eater - Episode of the night! Looks like the big fight's beginning! Really though, there were some fantastic fight scenes in this one, with multiple confrontations, and it's only getting started! There's some tantalizing intrigue building up as well.

Sword Art Online - That was a weird episode... Good, but weird. I wish the big fight would have lasted longer, but at least it's conclusion was unexpected. Yet another solemn ending for the series, though...

SPECIAL CONTEST: Toonami has brought a Sword Art Online sweepstakes to light (thanks to Aniplex)! You could win...

  • SAO trading card set
  • SAO season 1 DVD
  • SAO limited edition Blu-Ray box set
  • Sony 3D viewer headgear

Just go to www.aniplex.com, and enter the promotional code "NervGear" to participate.

Also, they had their first FLCL promos tonight! Begins next week!

Avatar: Tear (TotA)

Playing: Dragon Quest V (AND)

Watching: Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix) Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Netflix), InuYasha: the Final Act (Toonami), DBZ Kai (Toonami)

AuthorMessage
kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000

7,936. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Sword Art Online - That was a weird episode... Good, but weird. I wish the big fight would have lasted longer, but at least it's conclusion was unexpected. Yet another solemn ending for the series, though...

To be honest, the entire conclusion was everything I expected to happen. I'm not even sure entirely why (though the Opening was a big giveaway), but I really wasn't surprised by anything that happened in this episode. It's the type of twist they would go for in the type of plot they were making, is the best I can explain. It was still a good twist, even though the emotional...I guess importance of it all felt too rushed considering how significant it was. It reminds me of how Zatch Bell's entire motivation tended to come down to what happened to a character that he met and was in a grand total of one episode.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage
GuardianKing

GuardianKing

7,937. Posted:

How does Crimson Empire stand as a manga?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

7,938. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

How does Crimson Empire stand as a manga?

Oh my God it happened! A Star Wars MANGA!!! Head for the hills, people! :O

But seriously, I never heard of that until now, and personally I wouldn't trust it...not after those Marvel anime...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
GuardianKing

GuardianKing

7,939. Posted:

@CanisWolfred It's not a Star Wars related manga... This is the cover of Volume #1:

Untitled

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
ShadowFox254

ShadowFox254

7,940. Posted:

GuardianKing wrote:

It's not a Star Wars related manga... This is the cover of Volume #1:

Untitled

Reverse Harem. :O

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

Pokémon Alpha Sapphire IGN: Asena

You can become anything and go anywhere.

Sometime in the near future, I'd like to translate my favorite LNs, VNs, games and Manga series.