Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,901 to 7,920 of 11,661

kkslider5552000

Rocko52 wrote:

ANYONE else watching Kill la Kill or Diamond no Ace?

I'll probably watch Kill la Kill...

what is Diamond no Ace?

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Rocko52

A random baseball anime I'm watching...that's pretty good.

Anime watching: Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Chuck Amuck

Rocko52

Anime watching: Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

Neptune

Attack on Titan is really popular though. Personally, I haven't watched the anime but I do follow the manga.

Neptune

Rocko52

@CrimsonFire
Sorry, I just kinda fell behind stopped after ep 12, though I plan to marathon the series at some point in the near future.

V8_Ninja

I watched the first episode of Samurai Flamenco and I'm a bit disappointed. Admittedly, most of that disappointment comes from me formulating an awesome plot based solely on this piece of promotional artwork and then realizing the show is entirely different. Otherwise, the show was enjoyable and I did have a chuckle here and there.

Oh my god, I just looked up the show on Wikipedia. Takahiro Omori, the director of both Bacanno! and Durarara!!, is directing Samurai Flamenco. I know Bacanno! and Durarara!! were adaptations of light novels, but...YES.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

CanisWolfred

V8_Ninja wrote:

I watched the first episode of Samurai Flamenco and I'm a bit disappointed. Admittedly, most of that disappointment comes from me formulating an awesome plot based solely on this piece of promotional artwork and then realizing the show is entirely different. Otherwise, the show was enjoyable and I did have a chuckle here and there.

Oh my god, I just looked up the show on Wikipedia. Takahiro Omori, the director of both Bacanno! and Durarara!!, is directing Samurai Flamenco. I know Bacanno! and Durarara!! were adaptations of light novels, but...YES.

I did not know that. Now I'm even more interested in that show.

And Coppelion's becoming more disappointing. It's story and drama are halfbaked, and despite the trailer, there's been very little action so far to make up for it. And from what I hear about the manga, it only gets worse from there. Oh well, I wasn't going to watch it anyways when Viz took it, so now I won't feel like I'm missing out.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000

You know, I complain about Naruto Shippuden basically ignoring half of the characters I cared about (and this was a terrible idea), but it probably has the vast majority of the best stories and drama of the series and when it's focused can be pretty great.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred

You were so hyped for Kill la Kill, have you watched yet? Episode 3 is out today.

Rocko52

Hey @Everyone!

I just started a petition I seriously doubt will go anywhere, but I decided to try for the heck of it:
I'd like to try to get Funimation to dub the One Piece movies and Specials. They've already done Episode of Alabasta and Strong World, as well as all the Dragon Ball Movies, so I'd like to see them release the rest and the specials. If you'd like to sign, please:
https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/funimation-dub-the-one...

If you can, please share this link to people around Nintendo Life and even in other forums. Anywhere on the internet, just please support this cause!

Rocko52

I'm seriously considering watching Toriko. I know I don't want to watch too many long running shows, but this seems really original. It also just looks, frankly, really good. It reminds me of One Piece, not because it copies it like Fairy Tail seems to, but because of how original, and awesome it seems, and that it's a long running series.

Also, I'm considering trying the sub of One Piece cuz I like what I heard in the One Piece movies I watched last weekend. BTW if anyone's been curious, I'm right about in the middle of the Alabasta Saga.

CanisWolfred

Toriko is awesome, but at the same time I wouldn't rank it very high compared to other long-running shounen. I recommend focusing on One Piece now that you're in one of the best arcs of the series.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

I know I'm kinda taking forever with One Piece. You see I was nearly done with Loguetown in July, but thanks to some busyness I couldn't watch more for several weeks. I finished in August. I wrestled for a while with whether I should skip the filler or not, and finally decided to and finished it in two weeks in september. Since then I watched the two movies last weekend, and watched all of Reverse Mountain, Whiskey Peak, and The Diary of Coby Meppo in two days. I kinda started to obsess over One Piece during late September which led me to watch the movies and now I'm still really into it. I know I'm taking forever, but I'm trying to go a lot faster now that I'm pretty much only watching One Piece, and watching Kill la Kill & Diamond no Ace whenever a new episode is out. I'm gonna try to get through the first 2-3 eps of Little Garden tonight.

TysonOfTime

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

MAN I need to finish Shana.

Does anyone know if Cartoonnetwork will be streaming the pokemon movie tomorrow? I really want to see the preview of the x and y anime dub but I don't want to wait just for a low quality grainy upload on youtubel I don't have TV.

I don't know... What time is it? I have PSATs tomorrow... I hope I don't miss it.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

RR529

I read the newest chapter of Bleach last night!

SPOILERS

Thanks to Uehara's plan, the Captains have their Bankai back!

First, Soi Fon (injured to the point of immobility) released her Bankai, and with the help of Omaeda (who aimed & kept it steady), fired it at her opponent Stern Ritter. Direct Hit!

Secondly, Toshiro regained half of his from Qui Lon (or whatever it is), and a battle of Hyorinmaru Bankai commenced! Toshiro had the advantage, however, as his opponent's half of Hyorinmaru refused to hurt him. Toshiro then regained full control of his Bankai, and buried Qui Lon inside a cross of ice!

SPOILERS END

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

Retro_on_theGo

TysonOfTime wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Does anyone know if Cartoonnetwork will be streaming the pokemon movie tomorrow? I really want to see the preview of the x and y anime dub but I don't want to wait just for a low quality grainy upload on youtubel I don't have TV.

I don't know... What time is it? I have PSATs tomorrow... I hope I don't miss it.

Hah! Took those already. It's like..at... Niight? Idk, 7 I'd assume.

TysonOfTime

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Hah! Took those already. It's like..at... Niight? Idk, 7 I'd assume.

Awesome. Thanks for the heads up.
And yeah, the PSATs are gonna suuuuuuuck. I don't even have to take them, but I was forced to.
I feel like the Critical reading portion is going to make a mockery of my very being based on the practice exam. T_T

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic