General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,901 to 7,920 of 10,463

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,901. Posted:

Nope.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,902. Posted:

I started three new series. Let's talk about them;

• Outbreak Company: I want to say that this is the otaku-pandering series of the Fall 2013 season, but that would be discrediting the show just a tad. Fresh-out-of-school NEET Shinichi gets recruited/drugged into being the Japanese government's "Entertainment Ambassador" between the real world and a fantasy world. Unfortunately, Shinichi solely cares for everything moe, leading to...interesting reactions and priorities. Admittedly, the show doesn't focus solely on its fantasy female tourism and does have some fitting jokes, including one that left me grinning. If this show can manage to split it's time well between the aforementioned tourism and fitting jokes, I may actually grow to like it despite it containing everything I dislike about anime in general.
  • Beyond The Boundary: I've heard people complain about this show being too slow, but I would say it's too early to make that claim. Assuming that I have accurately predicted the future, the first episode showed the overall quality of animation and established the main characters without getting too "Heavy" on either action or story. It's a good primer episode that gets the basic points across without being immediately unappealing to anyone. Of course, that all may be a load of crap, but time will tell.
  • Michiko & Hatchin: Admittedly this is not a "New" series (it began airing in 2008), but I thought I would discuss this as well. WOW, this show feels like it came from the 90s, at least in premise. And honestly, that's not surprising when you bring up that several co-creators of Cowboy Bebop helped create the show. What probably helps the 90-ism is that Sayo Yamamoto was the series director, an individual that happens to split her time 50/50 between throwback-ish anime and and science-fiction projects.

Also, I've been reading the manga tome that is Akira.

...What, you expect me to go with the obvious joke? No, I refuse to be so predictable.

KANEDA!!!

Untitled

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

7,903. Posted:

finished watching Sakurasou No Pet Nakanojo and wow i found it really interesting and i could really connect with kanda-kun's feelings from a artist point of view so its one i recommend the only first 2 episodes are ecchi the rest arent and they focus on all the characters not just the main one

other then that not sure on what another anime to start or curious about that new seasons of infinite stratos that came out recent :| anyone seen it?or does anyone know if it continues from were the first season leaves off?

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

Astraea

7,904. Posted:

You could try watching Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru. This series focuses more on older audiences, where viewers may be able to relate themselves to the characters based on personal experiences. Mind you, the first episode throws in a few profanities so be wary of that. Overall, I really enjoyed this series.

I've been watching the new season of Infinite Stratos, and it does seem to that it starts off where it ended in the previous season. The first episode was pretty enjoyable, but the second...not so much.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,905. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

KANEDA!!!

Untitled

I'm so saving that for the next time Canada does something stupid. :P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,906. Posted:

I'm reading now Haikyu and Nisekoi and I must say both are really great the only problem is that I caught up to the latest chapter already.....
and Keroro Gunsou only gets better!!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,907. Posted:

Finished up the newest chapter of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi!

SPOILERS

With the gang in a tight spot, cornered by Yami's top 7 weapon masters, Shigure decides to sacrifice herself, in order for the others to escape.

She uses her ultimate technique, that allows her to become one with not only her own weapon, but her opponents' as well.

Kenichi & Miu are safely able to jump ship to a coast guard vessel thanks to Shigure distracting their 7 foes, but she's now in the hands of the villains, who claim she's really the daughter of some mysterious dark sword craftsman!?

SPOILERS END

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,908. Posted:

ANYONE else watching Kill la Kill or Diamond no Ace?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,909. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

ANYONE else watching Kill la Kill or Diamond no Ace?

I'll probably watch Kill la Kill...

what is Diamond no Ace?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,910. Posted:

A random baseball anime I'm watching...that's pretty good.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,911. Posted:

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

7,912. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Nope.

-_- .....and your the one who got me to watch it

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Astraea

7,913. Posted:

Attack on Titan is really popular though. Personally, I haven't watched the anime but I do follow the manga.

Capcom-Unity: BAKA

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,914. Posted:

@CrimsonFire
Sorry, I just kinda fell behind stopped after ep 12, though I plan to marathon the series at some point in the near future.

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,915. Posted:

I watched the first episode of Samurai Flamenco and I'm a bit disappointed. Admittedly, most of that disappointment comes from me formulating an awesome plot based solely on this piece of promotional artwork and then realizing the show is entirely different. Otherwise, the show was enjoyable and I did have a chuckle here and there.

Oh my god, I just looked up the show on Wikipedia. Takahiro Omori, the director of both Bacanno! and Durarara!!, is directing Samurai Flamenco. I know Bacanno! and Durarara!! were adaptations of light novels, but...YES.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,916. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

I watched the first episode of Samurai Flamenco and I'm a bit disappointed. Admittedly, most of that disappointment comes from me formulating an awesome plot based solely on this piece of promotional artwork and then realizing the show is entirely different. Otherwise, the show was enjoyable and I did have a chuckle here and there.

Oh my god, I just looked up the show on Wikipedia. Takahiro Omori, the director of both Bacanno! and Durarara!!, is directing Samurai Flamenco. I know Bacanno! and Durarara!! were adaptations of light novels, but...YES.

I did not know that. Now I'm even more interested in that show.

And Coppelion's becoming more disappointing. It's story and drama are halfbaked, and despite the trailer, there's been very little action so far to make up for it. And from what I hear about the manga, it only gets worse from there. Oh well, I wasn't going to watch it anyways when Viz took it, so now I won't feel like I'm missing out.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,917. Posted:

You know, I complain about Naruto Shippuden basically ignoring half of the characters I cared about (and this was a terrible idea), but it probably has the vast majority of the best stories and drama of the series and when it's focused can be pretty great.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,918. Posted:

@CanisWolfred

You were so hyped for Kill la Kill, have you watched yet? Episode 3 is out today.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,919. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

You were so hyped for Kill la Kill, have you watched yet? Episode 3 is out today.

Pokemon.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,920. Posted:

Hey @Everyone!

I just started a petition I seriously doubt will go anywhere, but I decided to try for the heck of it:
I'd like to try to get Funimation to dub the One Piece movies and Specials. They've already done Episode of Alabasta and Strong World, as well as all the Dragon Ball Movies, so I'd like to see them release the rest and the specials. If you'd like to sign, please:
https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/funimation-dub-the-one...

If you can, please share this link to people around Nintendo Life and even in other forums. Anywhere on the internet, just please support this cause!