General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,881 to 7,900 of 9,444

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,881. Posted:

So, today was an odd anime-viewing day for me;

• Sunday Without God: I finished this series and it's stupid. It obsesses way too much on surprising the viewer that it forgets to add any characterization or character development whatsoever. Not to mention that the first three episodes are horrifically baffling, with each of them trying to say that a mass murderer is also someone who's making a better world.
  • Log Horizon: Also known as Totally-Not-Sword-Art-Online, I liked the debut episode of this series. I'm not liking it to the degree that I loved Sword Art Online during its honeymoon period (the first 3 episodes), but from what I've read and heard the show seems to be hitting its mark of a more lighthearted version of the plot SAO tried to be. Of course, I've only seen one episode, but I'm thankfully neither hooked nor deterred by this show to feel any real loss if the plot gets turned around. Right now, it's a fun distraction.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

7,882. Posted:

I'm now starting to venture into those Studio Ghibli films. Just picked up MY Neighbour Totoro on Bluray, which is the black sheep of my spookylicious halloween Horor lineup, but eh...I'm dieing to see it! Ghibli = Disney of Japan. :*

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,883. Posted:

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,884. Posted:

Well I just finished One Piece movie one. I gotta say, it was pretty nice. At first I didn't really like it, but by the end I decided it was pretty good for a One Piece movie. It had a average story, but the characters were great as always. The message was also quite nice. Overall I liked it.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

7,885. Posted:

Couldn't find Kill la Kill last night so watched Arpeggio of Blue Steel instead. It's a CG explosion heavy thriller with some political elements. Naval battles are always fun to watch (although not so much when they're as unbalanced as this series) and the setting is interesting, although we didn't get any introduction of the characters except the main two. Probably won't keep watching.

I saw the trailer for Nagi no Asukara and I must admit, it's winning me over with its wonderful animation of ocean and underwater scenes. Reminds me of ARIA. And to round out this season I might also watch Golden Time, which thankfully seems to be genuinely funny.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,886. Posted:

One Piece began one of my favorites arcs ever, followed by a Soul Eater episode that gets everything right at every angle for a story that could've sucked really easily.

WHY IS SAO THE ONE THAT AFFECTED ME THIS EMOTIONALLY? I know I'm weak to genuinely cute happy couple scenes, but cmon! Even subjectively I don't find this series all that great, so it I am very confused by this.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,887. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Missed it.

Naruto - the epic battle between Naruto & Kiba has come to a conclusion! Hinata makes her move, but Naruto has to be the most romantically oblivious character in all of anime, lol.

One Piece - The mysterious new guy reveals his identity, but Luffy & the others join up with him temporarily to save some castaways. Peace is short lived, however, and things aren't going so hot for the crew...

Soul Eater - Episode of the night! Looks like things are going to be coming to a head between the DWMA & Arachnaphobia soon, and after a bit of soul searching, the gang's bond has reached a new level. Stein is having trouble keeping his composure, however.

Sword Art Online - Kirito & Asuna are taking a bit of a break from the fight, but run into an amnesiac mystery child, who has some interesting "names" for our heroes, and seems to have a strange effect on the game world. What could this possibly mean?

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,888. Posted:

So are you supposed to be giving an opinion or just recapping?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,889. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

So are you supposed to be giving an opinion or just recapping?

I guess kinda both. It just depends on what I feel like writing down, I suppose.

I admit, sometimes I recap more than I give thoughts, and vice versa.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

7,890. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

epic battle between Naruto & Kiba

:(

I remember being so disappointed at how that fight ended

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,891. Posted:

One Piece Opening 16 is just great! Of course I'm not even close to that far caught up, but just watch this!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,892. Posted:

Just finished One Piece Movie 2, which I do say I liked a bit more. It wasn't amazing or anything, but was pretty good.

AuthorMessage

Konata

7,893. Posted:

Does anyone wanna recommend a manga for me to read? I prefer Shoujo but I'm alright with Shounen too. (Skip beat chapters are being released to far apart so I need something to tide me over.)
I'm looking for one that I might invest in and buy the paperback. (Something I like as much as Ouran :O.)
I like fantasy, romance, comedy, Harem and stuff like that.
Thank you! ^^.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,894. Posted:

@Konata, I'd recommend InuYasha, Rurouni Kenshin, or Yu Yu Hakusho.

Yeah, I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, lol.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

7,895. Posted:

@Konata have you watched Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun?

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,896. Posted:

@Konata

Watched One PIece yet?

AuthorMessage

Astraea

7,897. Posted:

I would recommend reading Binbougami Ga! if you're interested in comedy, fantasy, and a little bit of romance. It makes a lot of references to other series at the start so you might find more humor in that than I did.

Capcom-Unity Anime Group: BAKA

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,898. Posted:

Astraea wrote:

I would recommend reading Binbougami Ga! if you're interested in comedy, fantasy, and a little bit of romance. It makes a lot of references to other series at the start so you might find more humor in that than I did.

I don't usually like comedies and I thought Binbougami-Ga was great. It has a pretty good story to it, which I'm not used to seeing with comedies.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

7,899. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Astraea wrote:

I don't usually like comedies and I thought Binbougami-Ga was great. It has a pretty good story to it, which I'm not used to seeing with comedies.

That sounds great! I'll give it a shot.
Thanks a ton ^^.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

7,900. Posted:

@Rocko did you ever finish Attack on Titan?

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS