Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,881 to 7,900 of 11,848

RR529

kkslider5552000 wrote:

So are you supposed to be giving an opinion or just recapping?

I guess kinda both. It just depends on what I feel like writing down, I suppose.

I admit, sometimes I recap more than I give thoughts, and vice versa.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Magikarp3

RR529 wrote:

epic battle between Naruto & Kiba

I remember being so disappointed at how that fight ended

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Rocko52

One Piece Opening 16 is just great! Of course I'm not even close to that far caught up, but just watch this!

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

Rocko52

Just finished One Piece Movie 2, which I do say I liked a bit more. It wasn't amazing or anything, but was pretty good.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

Arianabtd

Does anyone wanna recommend a manga for me to read? I prefer Shoujo but I'm alright with Shounen too. (Skip beat chapters are being released to far apart so I need something to tide me over.)
I'm looking for one that I might invest in and buy the paperback. (Something I like as much as Ouran .)
I like fantasy, romance, comedy, Harem and stuff like that.
Thank you! ^^.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

RR529

@Konata, I'd recommend InuYasha, Rurouni Kenshin, or Yu Yu Hakusho.

Yeah, I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record, lol.

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

GuSolarFlare

@Konata have you watched Tonari no Kaibutsu-Kun?

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Rocko52

@Konata

Watched One PIece yet?

Neptune

I would recommend reading Binbougami Ga! if you're interested in comedy, fantasy, and a little bit of romance. It makes a lot of references to other series at the start so you might find more humor in that than I did.

Neptune

CanisWolfred

Astraea wrote:

I would recommend reading Binbougami Ga! if you're interested in comedy, fantasy, and a little bit of romance. It makes a lot of references to other series at the start so you might find more humor in that than I did.

I don't usually like comedies and I thought Binbougami-Ga was great. It has a pretty good story to it, which I'm not used to seeing with comedies.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

I really hope the Code-Name NX is not a sandwich oven.

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Arianabtd

CanisWolfred wrote:

Astraea wrote:

I don't usually like comedies and I thought Binbougami-Ga was great. It has a pretty good story to it, which I'm not used to seeing with comedies.

That sounds great! I'll give it a shot.
Thanks a ton ^^.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Rocko52

Nope.

V8_Ninja

I started three new series. Let's talk about them;

• Outbreak Company: I want to say that this is the otaku-pandering series of the Fall 2013 season, but that would be discrediting the show just a tad. Fresh-out-of-school NEET Shinichi gets recruited/drugged into being the Japanese government's "Entertainment Ambassador" between the real world and a fantasy world. Unfortunately, Shinichi solely cares for everything moe, leading to...interesting reactions and priorities. Admittedly, the show doesn't focus solely on its fantasy female tourism and does have some fitting jokes, including one that left me grinning. If this show can manage to split it's time well between the aforementioned tourism and fitting jokes, I may actually grow to like it despite it containing everything I dislike about anime in general.
  • Beyond The Boundary: I've heard people complain about this show being too slow, but I would say it's too early to make that claim. Assuming that I have accurately predicted the future, the first episode showed the overall quality of animation and established the main characters without getting too "Heavy" on either action or story. It's a good primer episode that gets the basic points across without being immediately unappealing to anyone. Of course, that all may be a load of crap, but time will tell.
  • Michiko & Hatchin: Admittedly this is not a "New" series (it began airing in 2008), but I thought I would discuss this as well. WOW, this show feels like it came from the 90s, at least in premise. And honestly, that's not surprising when you bring up that several co-creators of Cowboy Bebop helped create the show. What probably helps the 90-ism is that Sayo Yamamoto was the series director, an individual that happens to split her time 50/50 between throwback-ish anime and and science-fiction projects.

Also, I've been reading the manga tome that is Akira.

...What, you expect me to go with the obvious joke? No, I refuse to be so predictable.

KANEDA!!!

Untitled

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

DarkNinja9

finished watching Sakurasou No Pet Nakanojo and wow i found it really interesting and i could really connect with kanda-kun's feelings from a artist point of view so its one i recommend the only first 2 episodes are ecchi the rest arent and they focus on all the characters not just the main one

other then that not sure on what another anime to start or curious about that new seasons of infinite stratos that came out recent anyone seen it?or does anyone know if it continues from were the first season leaves off?

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

Neptune

You could try watching Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabu Kome wa Machigatteiru. This series focuses more on older audiences, where viewers may be able to relate themselves to the characters based on personal experiences. Mind you, the first episode throws in a few profanities so be wary of that. Overall, I really enjoyed this series.

I've been watching the new season of Infinite Stratos, and it does seem to that it starts off where it ended in the previous season. The first episode was pretty enjoyable, but the second...not so much.

Neptune

GuSolarFlare

I'm reading now Haikyu and Nisekoi and I must say both are really great the only problem is that I caught up to the latest chapter already.....
and Keroro Gunsou only gets better!!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

RR529

Finished up the newest chapter of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi!

SPOILERS

With the gang in a tight spot, cornered by Yami's top 7 weapon masters, Shigure decides to sacrifice herself, in order for the others to escape.

She uses her ultimate technique, that allows her to become one with not only her own weapon, but her opponents' as well.

Kenichi & Miu are safely able to jump ship to a coast guard vessel thanks to Shigure distracting their 7 foes, but she's now in the hands of the villains, who claim she's really the daughter of some mysterious dark sword craftsman!?

SPOILERS END

Rocko52

ANYONE else watching Kill la Kill or Diamond no Ace?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic