General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,861 to 7,880 of 10,477

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,861. Posted:

@TysonOfTime another monthly series. I guess we wont see a new weekly series till either bleach or naruto end. as soon as i read the description i kinda cringed vampires X_X but nope looks like the vampires are the villains of the series thats a relief.

My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH
Just got a WiiU if you added me on 3ds feel free to add me on this too.

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,862. Posted:

ELI-ASH wrote:

@TysonOfTime another monthly series. I guess we wont see a new weekly series till either bleach or naruto end. as soon as i read the description i kinda cringed vampires X_X but nope looks like the vampires are the villains of the series thats a relief.

I had the same reaction at first, yeah. I always preferred Vampire hunter stories over...well, anything else that involves vampires.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,863. Posted:

Read the two newest chapters of Bleach!

SPOILERS

In the first of the two, the captains continue to get their butts handed to them by the Stern Ritter, with Toshiro's near death experience being the most focused upon.

In the second of the two, it's Uehara to the rescue, as he's found a way to keep the Quincies from stealing Bankai, and injure the ones that already have. Apparently they never tried stealing any of the Arrancars' Resereccions, despite the fact that they ransacked Hueco Mundo before attacking Soul Society. This means one of three things. Either their disgust of Hollows means the Quincies wouldn't consider using their powers*, Resereccions can't be stolen**, or doing so would be a hinderance to the Quincies***.

• This isn't the case, as the Quincies forced strong Arrancars to fight for them, meaning they're not above using Hollows for their own gain.

** - Not the case either, as Resereccion works much like Bankai at a technical level, so there's no reason they wouldn't be able to steal them.

***- Bingo. Unlike Soul Reapers, which are able to "Hollowfy" their abilities, and vice-versa (since they & Hollows are like two sides of the same coin), Quincies are unable to do so. They aren't compatible with Hollow abilities, and they would in effect be poisoned if they tried.

In the end, Uehara sent a pill to all the Captains (& other Bankai users) via a Kido, that will "Hollowfy" their Bankai (at least for a limited time).

Looks like the captains will finally be able to fight the Stern Ritter at an even level, instead of trying to resist them with Shikai.

SPOILERS END

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,864. Posted:

I'm starting to love CrossOvers!! after I read a Nisekoi Crossover I found a Manga I ended Liking! who'd have thought that a Romance Manga would lead me to liking a Sports Manga!! :D Haikyu is really great!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,865. Posted:

"I just finished Gurren Lagann."

The above statement is a very accurate description of my psyche at the moment.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

7,866. Posted:

Just finished Toradora! Great show! :)

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,867. Posted:

So anyone watching Kill la Kill or Diamond No Ace, except me? Anyone?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,868. Posted:

Last year, Suede (who out of the 5 trillion internet video reviewers, is easily one of the most underappreciated) did a review on...this:
http://blip.tv/suede/animenia-majin-tantei-nougami-neuro-6413550

I almost forgot that I had decided after watching the review that it would be fun to watch around Halloween next year.

...hmm...

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,869. Posted:

I saw that review last year, too...and also almost forgot about it. :P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,870. Posted:

Watching ep 2 of Kill la Kill...oh lord the insane humor at an insane pace in the scene with Mako's family was just so perfect. It's timing was so fast and the humor so random that I couldn't help but crack up.

@Caniswolfred
Watching it yet?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

7,871. Posted:

GUYS
THE POKEMON XY ANIME
LOOKS LIKE AN ACTUAL ANIME OPENING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5z...
GUYS WHAT DOES THIS MEEEEEAAAAAN?

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,872. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

GUYS
THE POKEMON XY ANIME

I'll give them an A for effort. That's certainly the most fun I've had watching a Pokemon Anime op.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,873. Posted:

Pretty awesome opening.

AuthorMessage

Marks

7,874. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

So anyone watching Kill la Kill or Diamond No Ace, except me? Anyone?

I watched Kill la Kill. (I could have sworn I said that here already, lol.) But I need to watch episode 2.
But how's Diamond no Ace? I might give it a try, heck I've given a chance to most of the tiles this season.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

Buob

7,875. Posted:

I don't have time to go through almost 400 pages of posts, but has anyone else here seen Clannad (and After Story) and Angel Beats? I strongly recommend them if you haven't. Oreimo is a good (if not awkward) anime as well.

I've seen plenty of others, but I figured I'd take a quick poll first.

Previous works, Princestians, (Chapter 5 is on hiatus)
If anyone wants to talk to me for any reason
Faves:
PS3: TLoU
3DS: TC:NL
Wii U: LoZ:WW HD
DS: 999
Wii: SSBB
GC: MK:DD or LoZ:WW
64: PD or GE 007
Anime: Clannad (Epically epic and touching)

Nintendo Network ID: buob-san | Twitter: writerdanekemp

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

7,876. Posted:

@Buob I can tell from your DP that you're a Clannad fan :D I haven't seen it in a while, but it sure is quality drama. I'm not too sure on Oreimo, mostly because of the awkward humour though. And welcome to the thread!

I might jump into Kill la Kill to see what it's like. Also, I'm heading towards the end of Silver Spoon and it's kept a great mix of humour and drama - I highly recommend it to anyone who skipped it last season!

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

7,877. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

GUYS
THE POKEMON XY ANIME

That was actually really nice! Wonder if the English one will be any good.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,878. Posted:

Guys guys! There's an anime ad...WHILE I'M IN THE ANIME THREAD!!!

It's Daisuke's Kill La Kill, too, which is nice. It's like the whole forum is trying to make sure I get around to that show. XD

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,879. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Last year, Suede (who out of the 5 trillion internet video reviewers, is easily one of the most underappreciated) did a review on...this:
http://blip.tv/suede/animenia-majin-tantei-nougami-neuro-6413550

I almost forgot that I had decided after watching the review that it would be fun to watch around Halloween next year.

...hmm...

The first episode was weeeeird.

And not necessarily in the ways you expect from Japan. It was weird because it was almost kinda a normal show? Maybe. It's like the looked at several genres and tried to turn them into a bizarre supernatural story that would completely still fit a shonen sort of feel. I think.

...it was weird. Like it was a murder mystery shonen adult supernatural dramatic...comedy?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,880. Posted:

Diamond No Ace is pretty good.