Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,841 to 7,860 of 11,667

Rocko52

@CrimsonFire
Uggh The show is still awesome! (Well...at least ep 1 is...)

Is anyone else watching Diamond no Ace?

Anime watching: Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Chuck Amuck

RR529

Finished up chapter 541 of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi!

Looks like the gang got some unexpected help in their sticky situation, but it may not be enough...

Looks like they're cooking something up, though.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

CrimsonFire

Rocko52 wrote:

@CrimsonFire
Uggh The show is still awesome! (Well...at least ep 1 is...)

Is anyone else watching Diamond no Ace?

Well I havn't looked much into it, like the past 2 anime seasons,i might jump into a anime half way through like i did with WATAMOTE and Gargantia

DarkNinja9

well finished watamote seems like she progressed a bit but mostly the same then i tried to start gatchaman crowds and i didnt like it 2nd episode but idk does it get better?

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

Rocko52

If anyone likes baseball of sports anime....watch Diamond no Ace!!!!!

@Everyone
.....WATCH KILL LA KILL!!

Anime watching: Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

TysonOfTime

Oh yeah, WSJ just added Seraph of the End to the their manga line-up.

Yay? Uh... as long as it doesn't make me hate it like Blue Exorcist did.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Rocko52

How did it make you hate Blue Exorcist? Bad translation?

TysonOfTime

Rocko52 wrote:

How did it make you hate Blue Exorcist? Bad translation?

Actually, that was extremely poor wording on my part.

What I meant to say was "I hope It's not another series that makes me grow to hate it, like Blue Exorcist did."

Edited on by TysonOfTime

WingedSnagret

Ugh, are they any anime comedies where the characters have normal faces for more the ten seconds? I know it's the anime style to have crazy expressions and I haven't seen much of the medium, but still.

I've just finished the second season of Black Butler, a mostly dark and serious series, and today I found one called "My Wife is a Mermaid" and so far it's okay.

But my GOD the over-the-top animation and the fact that most of the time is spent with the whacky themes gets really annoying! I guess it's because I prefer when anime people have normal expressions and/or I'm not quite used to anime in general, but in either case it just gets tiresome to me.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

TysonOfTime

WingedFish wrote:

Ugh, are they any anime comedies where the characters have normal faces for more the ten seconds? I know it's the anime style to have crazy expressions and I haven't seen much of the medium, but still.

I've just finished the second season of Black Butler, a mostly dark and serious series, and today I found one called "My Wife is a Mermaid" and so far it's okay.

But my GOD the over-the-top animation and the fact that most of the time is spent with the whacky themes gets really annoying! I guess it's because I prefer when anime people have normal expressions and/or I'm not quite used to anime in general, but in either case it just gets tiresome to me.

Protip: Watch One Piece.

I barely read what it is you're looking for, but watch One Piece.

ONE PIECE

CanisWolfred

TysonOfTime wrote:

Oh yeah, WSJ just added Seraph of the End to the their manga line-up.

Yay? Uh... as long as it doesn't make me hate it like Blue Exorcist did.

It's from the same guy who wrote The Legend of Legendary Heroes...and A Dark Rabbit Has Seven Lives. And it sounds more like the latter than the former. Could still be good, but I don't know.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000

WingedFish wrote:

stuff like Azumanga Daioh tends to only be silly looking sometimes. In terms of the wacky anime faces, it depends for me. I like what newer anime do with it but the stuff that tends to be used in shonen or in western parodies/homages to anime gets pretty freaking annoying for me.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

ELI-ASH

@TysonOfTime another monthly series. I guess we wont see a new weekly series till either bleach or naruto end. as soon as i read the description i kinda cringed vampires X_X but nope looks like the vampires are the villains of the series thats a relief.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

CanisWolfred

ELI-ASH wrote:

@TysonOfTime another monthly series. I guess we wont see a new weekly series till either bleach or naruto end. as soon as i read the description i kinda cringed vampires X_X but nope looks like the vampires are the villains of the series thats a relief.

I had the same reaction at first, yeah. I always preferred Vampire hunter stories over...well, anything else that involves vampires.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RR529

Read the two newest chapters of Bleach!

SPOILERS

In the first of the two, the captains continue to get their butts handed to them by the Stern Ritter, with Toshiro's near death experience being the most focused upon.

In the second of the two, it's Uehara to the rescue, as he's found a way to keep the Quincies from stealing Bankai, and injure the ones that already have. Apparently they never tried stealing any of the Arrancars' Resereccions, despite the fact that they ransacked Hueco Mundo before attacking Soul Society. This means one of three things. Either their disgust of Hollows means the Quincies wouldn't consider using their powers*, Resereccions can't be stolen**, or doing so would be a hinderance to the Quincies***.

• This isn't the case, as the Quincies forced strong Arrancars to fight for them, meaning they're not above using Hollows for their own gain.

** - Not the case either, as Resereccion works much like Bankai at a technical level, so there's no reason they wouldn't be able to steal them.

***- Bingo. Unlike Soul Reapers, which are able to "Hollowfy" their abilities, and vice-versa (since they & Hollows are like two sides of the same coin), Quincies are unable to do so. They aren't compatible with Hollow abilities, and they would in effect be poisoned if they tried.

In the end, Uehara sent a pill to all the Captains (& other Bankai users) via a Kido, that will "Hollowfy" their Bankai (at least for a limited time).

Looks like the captains will finally be able to fight the Stern Ritter at an even level, instead of trying to resist them with Shikai.

SPOILERS END

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

GuSolarFlare

I'm starting to love CrossOvers!! after I read a Nisekoi Crossover I found a Manga I ended Liking! who'd have thought that a Romance Manga would lead me to liking a Sports Manga!! Haikyu is really great!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

V8_Ninja

"I just finished Gurren Lagann."

The above statement is a very accurate description of my psyche at the moment.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

TheKingOfTown

Just finished Toradora! Great show!

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Rocko52

So anyone watching Kill la Kill or Diamond No Ace, except me? Anyone?

kkslider5552000

Last year, Suede (who out of the 5 trillion internet video reviewers, is easily one of the most underappreciated) did a review on...this:
http://blip.tv/suede/animenia-majin-tantei-nougami-neuro-6413550

I almost forgot that I had decided after watching the review that it would be fun to watch around Halloween next year.

...hmm...

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic