Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,701 to 7,720 of 12,438

Rocko52

Anyone watch Kill la Kill yet?

Also, I know they are very VERY different from what I've mentioned I'm looking for, but I've heard the Kyoto Key Adaptations are excellent. They all feature moe too. Even though I'm looking for a comedy/slice of life moe, I'm open to a plot heavy, romance moe show as well.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

TheKingOfTown

@Rocko52
Kill la Kill premiers in October 3. So no one has seen it yet.
Also, watch Clannad and Clannad After Story. Thank me later.

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

CrimsonFire

CanisWolfred wrote:

CrimsonFire wrote:

I just bought From Up On Poppy Hill yesterday.I'll watch it later today or tomorrow.

I never saw that one. Is that the newest Miyazaki film?

It came out in 2011 in japan,so the one before the newest one.

CrimsonFire

CanisWolfred wrote:

I see, I could never quite keep up with them.

Actually i have only seen 2,Totoro and Spirited Away,but i want to watch more of his films,so i decided to buy this one.

Magikarp3

From Up On Poppy Hill sounds like something I'd like, since it's set in the same time period that Kids on the Slope was (give or take 10 years). Sometimes I feel like I was born 40 years too late, because I have the tastes of an old man.

@Rocko52 Have you seen K-on!? That would be the one best fitting what you're looking for right now. As for other slice of life/moe, there's Minami-ke, Hidamari Sketch, Kirino Mosaic, Tamayura, and those are only the ones which are set in schools. There's really no shortage of SoL nowadays

Last night I finally decided to watch WATAMOTE, and well... it's alright I guess. I did understand completely the fast food sketch (I'm still terrified of getting fast food alone in case I bump into friends) but otherwise everything's so outlandish and exaggerated that I wonder if there are actually people like the main character. I normally can't watch cringe comedies, but this one seems too farfetched to be painful.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred

Miyazaki's latest and apparently last is The Wind Rises. Sounds like it is quite good. Also, I think From Up On Poppy Hill wasn't Miyazaki, but another Ghibli director that's less known, I think. Don't cite me.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Miyazaki's latest and apparently last is The Wind Rises. Sounds like it is quite good. Also, I think From Up On Poppy Hill wasn't Miyazaki, but another Ghibli director that's less known, I think. Don't cite me.

He wrote it, at least. His son(?) directed it, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

Ahh.

Also, by the sound of it, I probably could relate somewhat to Watamote, however I am far from the extremities it sounds like that are present in the show. I'm social with some people, well actually quite a lot. Just not many in school. At all. Still, I don't actually fear people like it sounds like the main character is. I have no fear at all in asking for a textbook, ordering at a restaurant, walking around tons of people, going through crowds, etc. I don't really have a problem with people at all, I just don't socialize that often unless I like the person...which is most people at school lol. However at say, the youth group I go to of 50 kids, I know most folks there and talk quite a lot and am friends with most of them. I guess it just comes down to who the person is, at the same time of course I'm just rather unsocial by nature, but like I said, there are several exceptions. I mean, I am an introvert, but I do have tons of friends, and have no fear of people, my unsociality just stems from either not liking certain people, not finding them interesting, or just having a sort of invisible barrier that makes me not feel the need to get up and converse.

Rocko52

Anyone here play the Layton games?

kkslider5552000

I played the first 3 games. They're good games, though I don't find them as compelling as some people do (especially with how often they're compared to the God-tier Ace Attorney series). 2nd game's ending is one of the saddest parts I've seen in any game though, so it has that.

....anime! Kinda, technically, there was that movie.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

CanisWolfred

I've actually read some of the manga for Nisekoi, It's better than some harem anime I've seen...but that's not saying much. And it isn't. It's definitely not Tenchi Muyo, that's for sure. Shouldn't be hard for the anime to emulate, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Ragingrave

^ Speaking of harems, anyone here read or watch High School DxD?

Ragingrave

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic