Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,661 to 7,680 of 11,743

Jaz007

Watamote sounds like something I would hate. I doubt I would be able to stand it.

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

I put Watamote through my patented "opening test" last month. It failed. It failed really hard. That has to be one of the most unappealing opening I've seen in a long time. Like, since the second opening of Death Note (which I'll admit kinda reflected the show by that point). I'm totally not watching it after that.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

I put Watamote through my patented "opening test" last month. It failed. It failed really hard. That has to be one of the most unappealing opening I've seen in a long time. Like, since the second opening of Death Note (which I'll admit kinda reflected the show by that point). I'm totally not watching it after that.

Hahahahaha.

You don't even realize how funny this is yet. Let me explain.

Watamote's opening is pretty much only that way solely so it could parody Death Note. The joke of course being, that the show is actually nothing like Death Note.

This is one level above trying to find tickets to a Spinal Tap concert.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - A pretty decent filler episode. I like Toshiro as a character, and the jokes centered around him "dating" Karin were pretty humorous. While not fantastic, the story in this episode was better than most of the recent filler (even if there were some inaccuracies with the kid turing into a Hollow).

Naruto - This one seemed to have a little bit of a quicker pace than past episodes, which was nice, and both matches were enjoyable. Looks like Naruto himself is up next!

One Piece - OMG, Foxy's back... A pretty decent episode overall, even if the villain seemed a tad bland (surprising, considering the show's track record, lol). Looks like the Strawhats have been roped into another battle with Foxy, though. (I still think Luffy looks like Lupin with that afro).

Soul Eater - A bit more of a slow paced episode, but good nonetheless. I feel terrible for Crona, with Medusa trying to pry him away from his newly forged friendships (She's easily the most Naraku like villain I've seen outside of InuYasha, yet she manages to be much, much creepier).

Sword Art Online - Episode of the night! Absolutely brilliant boss fight for the win! Kirito's new skill was a sight to behold. It's gorgeous as ever, and it looks like the romance between Kirito & Asuna is heating up (much to the dismay of her guild...).

They reviewed Splinter Cell: Blacklist tonight! 8/10.

Edited on by RR529

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

TysonOfTime

I tried watching Toonami, but both Bleach and Naruto were killing me, so I figured it wasn't worth it to stay up for some One Piece filler.

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

DarkNinja9

so i see someone posted this pic on the upcoming fall anime since i never check anime like that was there a summer list like that one?if so can i have a link to it or a pic like that one? D=
http://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/fallv3-5.jpg

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

kkslider5552000

that last Foxy episode gets better every time I watch it. Oh god. I can't wait remember the last time I laughed that hard.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

TheKingOfTown

TysonOfTime wrote:

I tried watching Toonami, but both Bleach and Naruto were killing me, so I figured it wasn't worth it to stay up for some One Piece filler.

Same with me. Bleach bored me to death.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
You decide whether you'll watch a show by checking the opening?

Geeze.

I actually like the opening for Watamote.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

V8_Ninja

CanisWolfred wrote:

Are you talking about just the opening of the entire show? Because if it's the latter, that seems like a somewhat petty reason for not watching the show.

Moving On: A quick update on some series I've been watching;

• Gatchaman Crowds: Episode 11 made me realized the major problem with this series; the plot is an extremely condensed and hastily-done rewrite of something much better. I'll elaborate when the series is done, but that's the opinion I feel confident in stating.
  • Attack On Titan: I mean...wow. There is no hope or happiness in this series at all.
  • Watamote: It's pretty amazing how the series is continuing its streak of loner humor. Also, as KKSlider has said, the specificity of the jokes makes the series writer seem too knowledgeable about the topics at hand.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

CanisWolfred

The entire show. Say what you want, but it works for me every single time. I have yet to encounter a good show with an opening I didn't like, and vice versa. That said, I only use it as a last resort, when I'm indecisive about a show. Or more accurately, when I know a show is crap, but everyone keeps telling me otherwise...99 times out of 100, the opening's just as bad as the show.

Really, The closest thing to an exception I can think of is Fullmetal Alchemist's first theme, which I didn't enjoy much, but that may just be because I never heard it when I watched FMA on Adult Swim - They replaced most of the openings with the second one, except for the 4th opening, so as far as I'm concerned, FMA's second opening is the first, and it told me that the show was going to be good.

I suppose I didn't like the Berserk opening at first, but that might just be because I thought Forces was the opening. It didn't take long before the adorably cheesy engrish of the actual opening won me over, and the imagery if nothing else is well-reflective of how...low-budget the animation was at the time. Still not the best way to start such an epic show, but oh well.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Rocko52

Well...that does seem a pretty petty way to judge a show. I mean, some oepnings to good shows are meh, and there are bad shows with good intros.

Also, I loved DN OP 2, and I like Watamote's opening. Although they dont look the same.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

Well...that does seem a pretty petty way to judge a show. I mean, some oepnings to good shows are meh, and there are bad shows with good intros.

Also, I loved DN OP 2, and I like Watamote's opening. Although they dont look the same.

I'd ask you to prove it, but you just proved to me that your music tastes don't really mesh with mine, so it'd be futile.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Rocko52

Well there are plenty of crap shows with good openings.

GuSolarFlare

there are many great shows with horrible openings... but I don't remember bad ones with good openings....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Jaz007

Speaking of openings, why do some shows think that spoiler filled opening are a good idea? I try to completely skip Fair Tail openings because they are just spoilers. I love when shows have opening that represent things in the show down the road, but don't spoil anything, you simply get more out of the opening when you watch the opening after you've seen a certain event though. That's a sign of a good opening right there.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic