Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,661 to 7,680 of 12,340

CanisWolfred

The entire show. Say what you want, but it works for me every single time. I have yet to encounter a good show with an opening I didn't like, and vice versa. That said, I only use it as a last resort, when I'm indecisive about a show. Or more accurately, when I know a show is crap, but everyone keeps telling me otherwise...99 times out of 100, the opening's just as bad as the show.

Really, The closest thing to an exception I can think of is Fullmetal Alchemist's first theme, which I didn't enjoy much, but that may just be because I never heard it when I watched FMA on Adult Swim - They replaced most of the openings with the second one, except for the 4th opening, so as far as I'm concerned, FMA's second opening is the first, and it told me that the show was going to be good.

I suppose I didn't like the Berserk opening at first, but that might just be because I thought Forces was the opening. It didn't take long before the adorably cheesy engrish of the actual opening won me over, and the imagery if nothing else is well-reflective of how...low-budget the animation was at the time. Still not the best way to start such an epic show, but oh well.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

Well...that does seem a pretty petty way to judge a show. I mean, some oepnings to good shows are meh, and there are bad shows with good intros.

Also, I loved DN OP 2, and I like Watamote's opening. Although they dont look the same.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

Well...that does seem a pretty petty way to judge a show. I mean, some oepnings to good shows are meh, and there are bad shows with good intros.

Also, I loved DN OP 2, and I like Watamote's opening. Although they dont look the same.

I'd ask you to prove it, but you just proved to me that your music tastes don't really mesh with mine, so it'd be futile.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Rocko52

Well there are plenty of crap shows with good openings.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

Well there are plenty of crap shows with good openings.

Well, I've never seen them. And probably never will. Since they don't exist.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

GuSolarFlare

there are many great shows with horrible openings... but I don't remember bad ones with good openings....

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

CanisWolfred

GuSilverFlame wrote:

there are many great shows with horrible openings... but I don't remember bad ones with good openings....

That I'd be more likely to believe, though again, I haven't seen any good anime shows with genuinely bad openings either.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Jaz007

Speaking of openings, why do some shows think that spoiler filled opening are a good idea? I try to completely skip Fair Tail openings because they are just spoilers. I love when shows have opening that represent things in the show down the road, but don't spoil anything, you simply get more out of the opening when you watch the opening after you've seen a certain event though. That's a sign of a good opening right there.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007
Currently playing: BotW, Overwatch, and Persona 5.

Rocko52

Now that I'm done with Lucky Star (sniffle) I feel a void...should I watch Melancholy of Haruhi Suzuiyama, K-ON, Azumanga Daioh, and shows like this? Are these ones any good? Any similar ones you can recommend? Slice of Life/Comedy/Moe?

CanisWolfred

Jaz007 wrote:

Speaking of openings, why do some shows think that spoiler filled opening are a good idea? I try to completely skip Fair Tail openings because they are just spoilers. I love when shows have opening that represent things in the show down the road, but don't spoil anything, you simply get more out of the opening when you watch the opening after you've seen a certain event though. That's a sign of a good opening right there.

Fairy Tail's openings annoy me for that very reason. I'm guessing they think their only audience are those who have kept up with the Manga or something...or maybe just poor planning.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Rocko52

Anyone able to help me and my post Lucky Star sadness?

GuSolarFlare

I just finished Gatchaman Crowds and I must say it left the story open to continue. it felt more like the end of a single arc than the end of the series....

@Rocko52 have you watched Minami-Ke? it might help with your post lucky star sadness. there's also "daily lives of highschool boys"(Danshi koukousei no nichijou) it is really fun and random!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
my Backloggery

Rocko52

These shows might help me:

Really what I'm looking for is a character driven comedy with not much plot, no action, etc, just a laid back slice of life type of thing.

Rocko52

I am looking for an anime though....cuz u know..it's mostly a Lucky Star type show.

But I do watch King of the HIll, sometimes.

CanisWolfred

Azumanga Daioh is probably what you're looking for. You probably don't want Haruhi, since last I checked, important things actually happen in that show...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
I've heard great things about Daioh.

And even though I said no plot, I'm fine if it is really, as long as its slightly similar to Lucky Star.

GuSolarFlare

@Rocko52 there's Acchi Kocchi too! people say it's similar to lucky star(even though I disagree with most people on this one)

my Backloggery

Jaz007

So what are your guys favorite anime endings? (the credits rolling, not series ends.) Mine would be the first Death Note ending and the ending to Vampire Knight Guilty.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007
Currently playing: BotW, Overwatch, and Persona 5.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic