General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,661 to 7,680 of 10,478

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,661. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Just started the 98 Trigun series on Netflix.

That's a good one to start with.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,662. Posted:

I know it's awesome!

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,663. Posted:

I'm genuinely not sure how Watamote's writer hasn't forced him or herself to do something drastically different. Like I would expect the writer to feel too bad about her at this point.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,664. Posted:

I don't know what happens in Watamote as I intend to eventually watch it, but from what I understand the author was similar to the main character at one point, and has written another manga earlier that focused on socially anxious/awkward characters as well.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,665. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

I don't know what happens in Watamote as I intend to eventually watch it, but from what I understand the author was similar to the main character at one point, and has written another manga earlier that focused on socially anxious/awkward characters as well.

That doesn't surprise me at all. You don't write something this...precise...by accident.

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

7,666. Posted:

I heard that Watamote just gets repetitive. Like, she never learns anything. She just keeps making fruitless attempts to get popular, and the show never changes. Is this accurate?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,667. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

I heard that Watamote just gets repetitive. Like, she never learns anything. She just keeps making fruitless attempts to get popular, and the show never changes. Is this accurate?

You just summed up 99% of comedy shows the world over.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,668. Posted:

I'll be honest, I thought I was kinda done with otaku comedies and went into this just expecting it to be ok. This really took me by surprise.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

7,669. Posted:

Well thats the end of Attack on Titan.Final episode was today.

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

7,670. Posted:

Watamote sounds like something I would hate. I doubt I would be able to stand it.

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: Torchlight 2 , Rune Factory 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,671. Posted:

I put Watamote through my patented "opening test" last month. It failed. It failed really hard. That has to be one of the most unappealing opening I've seen in a long time. Like, since the second opening of Death Note (which I'll admit kinda reflected the show by that point). I'm totally not watching it after that.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,672. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I put Watamote through my patented "opening test" last month. It failed. It failed really hard. That has to be one of the most unappealing opening I've seen in a long time. Like, since the second opening of Death Note (which I'll admit kinda reflected the show by that point). I'm totally not watching it after that.

Hahahahaha.

You don't even realize how funny this is yet. Let me explain.

Watamote's opening is pretty much only that way solely so it could parody Death Note. The joke of course being, that the show is actually nothing like Death Note.

This is one level above trying to find tickets to a Spinal Tap concert.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,673. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - A pretty decent filler episode. I like Toshiro as a character, and the jokes centered around him "dating" Karin were pretty humorous. While not fantastic, the story in this episode was better than most of the recent filler (even if there were some inaccuracies with the kid turing into a Hollow).

Naruto - This one seemed to have a little bit of a quicker pace than past episodes, which was nice, and both matches were enjoyable. Looks like Naruto himself is up next!

One Piece - OMG, Foxy's back... A pretty decent episode overall, even if the villain seemed a tad bland (surprising, considering the show's track record, lol). Looks like the Strawhats have been roped into another battle with Foxy, though. (I still think Luffy looks like Lupin with that afro).

Soul Eater - A bit more of a slow paced episode, but good nonetheless. I feel terrible for Crona, with Medusa trying to pry him away from his newly forged friendships (She's easily the most Naraku like villain I've seen outside of InuYasha, yet she manages to be much, much creepier).

Sword Art Online - Episode of the night! Absolutely brilliant boss fight for the win! Kirito's new skill was a sight to behold. It's gorgeous as ever, and it looks like the romance between Kirito & Asuna is heating up (much to the dismay of her guild...).

They reviewed Splinter Cell: Blacklist tonight! 8/10.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

7,674. Posted:

I tried watching Toonami, but both Bleach and Naruto were killing me, so I figured it wasn't worth it to stay up for some One Piece filler. :P

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

7,675. Posted:

so i see someone posted this pic on the upcoming fall anime since i never check anime like that was there a summer list like that one?if so can i have a link to it or a pic like that one? D=
http://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/fallv3-5.jpg

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

7,676. Posted:

Here you go. Negerate always has charts for every anime season.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,677. Posted:

that last Foxy episode gets better every time I watch it. Oh god. I can't wait remember the last time I laughed that hard.

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

7,678. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

I tried watching Toonami, but both Bleach and Naruto were killing me, so I figured it wasn't worth it to stay up for some One Piece filler. :P

Same with me. Bleach bored me to death.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,679. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
You decide whether you'll watch a show by checking the opening?

Geeze.

I actually like the opening for Watamote.

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,680. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Are you talking about just the opening of the entire show? Because if it's the latter, that seems like a somewhat petty reason for not watching the show.

Moving On: A quick update on some series I've been watching;

• Gatchaman Crowds: Episode 11 made me realized the major problem with this series; the plot is an extremely condensed and hastily-done rewrite of something much better. I'll elaborate when the series is done, but that's the opinion I feel confident in stating.
  • Attack On Titan: I mean...wow. There is no hope or happiness in this series at all.
  • Watamote: It's pretty amazing how the series is continuing its streak of loner humor. Also, as KKSlider has said, the specificity of the jokes makes the series writer seem too knowledgeable about the topics at hand.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.