Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,621 to 7,640 of 12,483

Rocko52

@Jaz007
By the end, Light is definitely the antagonist.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

CanisWolfred

I always thought Light was the Antagonist though whole time, once L was introduced.

As for New Dominion Tank Police, I've not seen it, but apparently it's good stuff, too, just maybe a tad worse than the prequel.

Anyways, so apparently Tomino, Creator of Gundam, has a new Mecha project in the works. This project, along with the adaption of Gundam: The Origin, are both set to release in 2014 or 2015, just in time for the 35th Aniversary of Gundam. I'm hoping both wind up being full-fledged series, because there's a lot from Gundam: The Origin that I'd like to see, and as for Tomino's project, he tends to work better with longer series. He's an idea man, and he needs the time to be able to impliment those ideas naturally (or as close as he can get at any rate). I think that's why he hasn't had a good release since Turn A Gundam - they were all too short!

With Gundam: The Origin, Broken Blade's new adaption, the finale of Gundam UC, the continuation of Code Geass: Akito the Exiled, and now Tomino's project, the next two years look like they may be very good to Mecha fans.

Oh yes, and speaking of Akito the Exiled, here's a nice song from it:

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Jaz007

L is the antagonist. Light is the protagonist. The protagonist can be the worst human being on earth, the roles have nothing to do with good and evil. It's simply the central character, the protagonist, and the main opposing character, the antagonist.

Edited on by Jaz007

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

Jaz007

Light is more of a lead character though, the series is more about him than it is L though. The show has things shown from Light's perspective more than it does L's perspective. The show introduces Light as the protagonist and then L as the antagonist and maintains that. I haven't seen L thought of as the protagonist before, just Light, even if they hate Light's guts and absolutely love L's.

Rocko52

The protagonist generally does "right."

Also L gets pretty equal time as @CanisWolfred said. I think they're both presented initially as two characters for the audience to side with depending on their individual views, however, by the end Light is clearly the villain.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Jaz007

@Rocko52 The protagonist normally does right, but that doesn't make someone a protagonist, it's just someone that usually happens, but has nothing to with being a protagonist. The protagonist can be the villian or hero. Light is the villian in Death Note, but that doesn't change his protagonist status. Getting as much attention for a bit in a story doesn't just change who the protagonist is either.

Edited on by Jaz007

Rocko52

Yeah. You know, I love the fact that not one One Piece opening I've seen is bad. Usually I don't watch any openings other than the first in a series before I start watching and get to the next, as openings can be spoilers, but I just love One Piece's/

Rocko52

Kill la Kill tomorrow!!!

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

Yeah. You know, I love the fact that not one One Piece opening I've seen is bad. Usually I don't watch any openings other than the first in a series before I start watching and get to the next, as openings can be spoilers, but I just love One Piece's/

I wasn't a fan of Openings 9 and 12, IIRC. But they still weren't bad, so you're right.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

TysonOfTime

I don't like Crazy Rainbow Star, The Straw Hats version of We Are!, or Opening 12.
I used to not be a fan of One Day, but it's grown on me.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
Haven't heard those. Only 1,2,3,4,10,14, and 15. Love them. I also like the dubs.

shingi_70

Rocko52 wrote:

The protagonist generally does "right."

Also L gets pretty equal time as @CanisWolfred said. I think they're both presented initially as two characters for the audience to side with depending on their individual views, however, by the end Light is clearly the villain.

Not True at all. Walter White is the main character of Breaking Bad he's a pretty horrible human being.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Sony_70 - Just to check, did you see my last post I made recommending you some stuff last week? The second one at least, since I misread your post the first time...

EDIT: This one: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/anime_n...

Yeah saved the list and will be going through it in November.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

@Sony_70 - Just to check, did you see my last post I made recommending you some stuff last week? The second one at least, since I misread your post the first time...

EDIT: This one: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/general_discussion/anime_n...

Yeah saved the list and will be going through it in November.

Okay, just wanted to make sure. That list was kinda hard for me to make so...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

shingi_70

Just started the 98 Trigun series on Netflix.

WAT!

Rocko52

It's a good list.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic