Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,521 to 7,540 of 12,453

CanisWolfred

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Has anyone heard of the series X?

I only know of the positively terrible ova and movie that came out in, like, 1999 or something. I do know there's a full series that came out in 2007-ish, but I don't know if it's any better since the manga never ended.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

TysonOfTime

Rocko52 wrote:

Yes, but it should be accessible to everyone, not just fans. The opening is amazing though. Also, the animation is far superior. And also, @TysonOfTime, I watched FMA in March and I still remember what Hughes found out. He figured out that the Humunculi had infiltrated the Gov to the point that they held high authority in it, and some more I think.

Oh is that all. Meh. Brotherhood handled the story much better IMO.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Demi-fiend

CanisWolfred wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

I only know of the positively terrible ova and movie that came out in, like, 1999 or something. I do know there's a full series that came out in 2007-ish, but I don't know if it's any better since the manga never ended.

I don't remember being that terrible? Then again, I was like 5 when it came out. -_-
Going to start to read it from the beginning and just realize that is pretty bloody and gory then most series I have seen and read. I heard the series finally ended? (since it was on hiatus for a long time)

Edited on by Demi-fiend

Demi-fiend

TysonOfTime

Anyone read One Punch Man?

TysonOfTime

CanisWolfred wrote:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Anyone read One Punch Man?

I'm waiting for an anime adaption, but the wait is killing me. I've heard too many good things about it.

If it does get an Anime I'll watch it religiously.

ELI-ASH

@TysonOfTime I read One punch man, I love how trolly some of the fight scenes are XD.

@CanisWolfred I heard every chapter gets released like every 3 weeks . Don't expect an anime adaption for a while/if at all.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

RR529

Finished up chapter 10 of Toriko today! I'm kind of mixed on it so far. I enjoy the very Dragonball-ish style (Toriko would give Goku a run for his money in an eating contest, lol), and it's unique premise, but the characters seem to have a more generic feel, and while it's had it's moments, it hasn't been particularly exciting.

I've also read through the first 4 chapters of Kagetora, and it's been pretty good so far.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

Finished up chapter 10 of Toriko today! I'm kind of mixed on it so far. I enjoy the very Dragonball-ish style (Toriko would give Goku a run for his money in an eating contest, lol), and it's unique premise, but the characters seem to have a more generic feel, and while it's had it's moments, it hasn't been particularly exciting.

It gets better once the bad guys show up.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Are you describing Toriko or the entire genre?

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

ELI-ASH

@RR529 I think the creator of Toriko borrowed a lot from many series not just Dragonball. The strange creatures/food kinda like One Piece,The creppy evil looking villans from Hunter X Hunter & the main character is also super buff like Jojo from jojo bizarre adventure.

Edited on by ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

CanisWolfred

The buff men is actually more a que from Fist of the North Star. No, really, there's even a shot where Toriko looks almost exactly like Kenshiro.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Glad to hear it! I knew a series that features leaves made out of bacon couldn't be all that bad, lol.

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

ELI-ASH

@CanisWolfred Yup that series too. I never watched anything from fist of the north star i did played that weird arcade fighting game do.

RR529

I decided to check around the Adult Swim boards for opinions on this past week's Toonami, and man is it hard to please people. The general consensus was:

Bleach - crappy filler episode (understandable)

Naruto - Slow, boring episode that focused on uninteresting characters (I didn't think it was bad)

One Piece - Crappy filler episode that makes Foxy look like a good bad guy (How can anyone prefer Foxy to anything?)

Soul Eater - Great epidode (I finally agree with their sentiment)

Sword Art Online - Crappy show that continues to do nothing of interest (Back to me disagreeing with them).

What can AS do to please such picky viewers? (somehow they had a better opinion of IGPX than everything except Soul Eater)

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

RR529

CrimsonFire wrote:

@RR529

Nothing they can do

Yeah, I know.

I just figured that their forum goers (and I'd assume biggest fans) would be happy to see AS anime going from death's bed to having 5 currently premiering shows...

I know the rants of a group of people on the internet aren't exactly indicative of the block's actual ratings (which I'd imagine are doing well, considering the block's growth), but still, the comments don't instill confidence.

I guess I'm just an optimist, as I'm just thankful that anime on AS is finally growing instead of shrinking, and wouldn't dream of complaining about the shows that are making it happen, as long as it happens, and I can't imagine why an anime fan would do otherwise.

Also, I don't think the shows are all that bad right now, anyways. Bleach, while a bit meh lately, hasn't been terrible (except for maybe the Karakuraiser episode). Naruto is decent. One Piece is good & only getting better. Soul Eater & Sword Art Online are both great, IMO.

Even if they're airing a show I'm not particularly into (like Casshern Sins or Samurai 7), I still watch to support the block, especially knowing they'll be replaced once completed, hopefully with something I'll like (and they've held steadfast onto their promise of getting a new show as soon as one ends).

End useless random rant/

Currently Playing:
Switch - NSMBU Deluxe
PS4 - Moss

CanisWolfred

Honestly, any official board like AS' forums can be pretty bad. That's why they call them "the vocal minority". Hopefully Adult Swim just lets the ratings speak for themselves.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

ShadowFox254 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

I don't remember being that terrible? Then again, I was like 5 when it came out. -_-
Going to start to read it from the beginning and just realize that is pretty bloody and gory then most series I have seen and read. I heard the series finally ended? (since it was on hiatus for a long time)

I'm not sure, but it looks like it's still ongoing.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Arianabtd

pops head in thread
Why hello there .
I just decided to pop in because skip beat chapter 204 was FINALLY translated and updated today, and I haven't been here in forever x3.
And here are my thoughts~

...I'm tired of all of this back and forth in this manga xD.
Since January every chapter has been either 3/4 random text that somewhat has meaning, but once the next chapter comes it really wasn't necessary and just suuuuper slow progression on this relationship I mean seriously!
Seriously Kyoko make up your mind. Pali pali, I'm waiting!
But at least something happened in this chapter. It wasn't much but hey, I still bother to continue reading this manga hoping there will be a good outcome. All I'm waiting for now is a second season of the anime :3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic