Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,481 to 7,500 of 11,744

CanisWolfred

@blastoise-san you completely missed the point of the characters so hard I'm wondering if we even watched the same anime. Sanji is a ladies man who is always chasing women. He's not a pervert, though, he's a gentlemen when he's around a woman he's trying to shmooze. Brook just asks to see their panties. You see, he's supposed to be oddball of the group, a silly clown who's always got a joke. That includes being the musician, and that's evident in his fighting style - every one of his attacks have to do with sound, he can even play his violin and put enemies to sleep. Trust me, every single character is unique, there's hardly any overlap anywhere thus far. As for "bosses", dude, one word: Yamcha. Would you rather Oda made some characters Yamchas instead of having them doing something useful? Really? Also, how far did you get? Did you make it through three whole arcs where it's just Luffy and a growing cast of side characters? Because you might want to watch that if you haven't. It might be a good change of pace for you.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

shingi_70

Attack on Titan is Lost in Manga/Anime form in the worst kind of way.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

@ShadowFox254 Awww man... Naruto... Why is everything so complicated in that series??? Its pretty obvious that Masashi Kishimoto loves playing the "legacy" card in this series OVER AND OVER AND OVER... For example, these people I'm about to name have that "legacy" generation stuff going on. They either look like or act alike or part of a bloodline... Pervy Sage Jiraiya to Naruto's DAD to Naruto... to Konohonamaru.... End. Itachi's dad....to Itachi... to Orochimaru...to Sasuke... End. Tsunade...to Sakura... End. Might Guy to Rock Lee.... End. Ino/Shikamaru/Choji's parents.... to Ino/Shikamaru/Choji.... End. Its becoming really obvious that Kishimoto likes doing the legacy thing. Maybe he thinks its witty and clever. I used to think it was cool until Masashi literally does it for every dang Arc. And man... Naruto is VERY complex. Alot of fake events and backstabbing and...you know... LEGACY.
Ichigo Kurosaki is my bro. Lol

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

CanisWolfred wrote:

@blastoise-san you completely missed the point of the characters so hard I'm wondering if we even watched the same anime. Sanji is a ladies man who is always chasing women. He's not a pervert, though, he's a gentlemen when he's around a woman he's trying to shmooze. Brook just asks to see their panties. You see, he's supposed to be oddball of the group, a silly clown who's always got a joke. That includes being the musician, and that's evident in his fighting style - every one of his attacks have to do with sound, he can even play his violin and put enemies to sleep. Trust me, every single character is unique, there's hardly any overlap anywhere thus far. As for "bosses", dude, one word: Yamcha. Would you rather Oda made some characters Yamchas instead of having them doing something useful? Really? Also, how far did you get? Did you make it through three whole arcs where it's just Luffy and a growing cast of side characters? Because you might want to watch that if you haven't. It might be a good change of pace for you.

I refuse to watch the anime. I never cared for it. I prefer the manga. I explained why I love manga than anime in my previous comments in this thread... I'm pretty far in the manga... But its whatever. Its obvious that you love One Piece and are willing to stand for it. Hey, I feel the same way about Black Cat. I'm NOT in the mood for debating. I find the increasing amount of characters to become an eyesore but you find them as unique. Thats fine. Its a difference of opinion.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kaiserwave

@ScroogeMcLz Akatsuki from the series Hagure Yuusha no Estetica. One of the few main harem dudes who isn't boring and weak.

kaiserwave

TysonOfTime

@Blastoise-san
As some one who has read every single chapter of One Piece created so far in the official translations (Manga Volumes and WSJ), I love it the most out of every other Manga/Anime series I've seen. I don't think it's without flaws, but if there are character failings it's not in the crew.

And if getting an eyesore from too many characters is your problem, why do you read Bleach? ;3

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Blast

@TysonOfTime I could go in a lenghty explanation of why I luv Bleach but... I rather not. I'm not in the mood for it. I luv the Bleach universe (just the manga not the anime) with all my heart. I'm just not in the mood of gong "Bankai" and defending the series. Like I said before... If someone doesn't like Bleach then thats fine. No problem with me. Everyone has their own tastes and dislikes.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

TysonOfTime

@Blastoise-san
I'm just messing with you. I don't really care if some one likes Bleach. (It... Disappointed me. Immensely.)
To each his own.

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Blast

@TysonOfTime Okay, man. Okay.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kaiserwave

Has anyone watch The Boondocks?

kaiserwave

shingi_70

Any recommendations for someone looking for Older nineties anime (think Tenchi Muyo or Eva) or something more space operish. The first Gundam series and Robotech rate high for me.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Blast

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Has anyone watch The Boondocks?

Yeah. I tried it a couple of times. I.. just couldn't get hooked. I know people find it funny and witty but I can't find it appealing. If I was the artist of The Boondocks... I woulda left ages ago and found a different writer but hey... thats just me.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

kaiserwave

Sony_70 wrote:

Any recommendations for someone looking for Older nineties anime (think Tenchi Muyo or Eva) or something more space operish. The first Gundam series and Robotech rate high for me.

Fist of the North Star (now, that's a real series.) and that's all I got for now.

kaiserwave

kaiserwave

Blastoise-san wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Has anyone watch The Boondocks?

Yeah. I tried it a couple of times. I.. just couldn't get hooked. I know people find it funny and witty but I can't find it appealing. If I was the artist of The Boondocks... I woulda left ages ago and found a different writer but hey... thats just me.

Hey, we all have different opinions so no problem.

kaiserwave

ELI-ASH

ShadowFox254 wrote:

@Blastoise-san Haven't seen One Piece in a long time has the series ended yet? Or is it like Naurto and Bleach, keeps going until it becomes boring. -_-

Unlike Bleach & Naruto. One Piece only gets better arc after arc. I recommend either medium: Manga & Anime.

@Sony_70 a more contemporary comparison i think will be "The Walking dead" Since "Attack on Titan' is basically a reverse zombie storyline if you think about it.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

shingi_70

Blastoise-san wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Has anyone watch The Boondocks?

Yeah. I tried it a couple of times. I.. just couldn't get hooked. I know people find it funny and witty but I can't find it appealing. If I was the artist of The Boondocks... I woulda left ages ago and found a different writer but hey... thats just me.

The Artist is the Writer and the series started off as a semi political cartoon.
Untitled
Untitled

A lot of the subject matter spoofs different things in the Black community in politics and entertainment. (though a lot of the joke's work even if you aren't black. But being Black and in my teens at the time did help enjoy the experience much more as I could relate a bit more.

Please, let's leave the racial slurs out of the discussion — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

kaiserwave

@Sony_70 I'm Mexican. Used to stay up late and watch it in Adult Swim. Good times.
And by the way I saw the pic of Bushido Brown.

Edited on by kaiserwave

kaiserwave

shingi_70

@ELI-ASH

I would agree that stylishly and even character wise AOT and TWD are very similar. But from a story telling perspective Attack on Titan has adopted Lost's whole tease something cool, now ignore about 5 different subjects. It also does the whole Lost Shamlyn twist for world building. Haven't watched beyond the first episode yet but the manga suffers greatly from this. However when it does feel like intersecting plot points and introducing new ones its done pretty well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic