Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,481 to 7,500 of 12,344

Blast

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Has anyone watch The Boondocks?

Yeah. I tried it a couple of times. I.. just couldn't get hooked. I know people find it funny and witty but I can't find it appealing. If I was the artist of The Boondocks... I woulda left ages ago and found a different writer but hey... thats just me.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Ragingrave

Sony_70 wrote:

Any recommendations for someone looking for Older nineties anime (think Tenchi Muyo or Eva) or something more space operish. The first Gundam series and Robotech rate high for me.

Fist of the North Star (now, that's a real series.) and that's all I got for now.

Ragingrave

Ragingrave

Blastoise-san wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Yeah. I tried it a couple of times. I.. just couldn't get hooked. I know people find it funny and witty but I can't find it appealing. If I was the artist of The Boondocks... I woulda left ages ago and found a different writer but hey... thats just me.

Hey, we all have different opinions so no problem.

Ragingrave

ELI-ASH

ShadowFox254 wrote:

@Blastoise-san Haven't seen One Piece in a long time has the series ended yet? Or is it like Naurto and Bleach, keeps going until it becomes boring. -_-

Unlike Bleach & Naruto. One Piece only gets better arc after arc. I recommend either medium: Manga & Anime.

@Sony_70 a more contemporary comparison i think will be "The Walking dead" Since "Attack on Titan' is basically a reverse zombie storyline if you think about it.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

shingi_70

Blastoise-san wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

The Artist is the Writer and the series started off as a semi political cartoon.
Untitled
Untitled

A lot of the subject matter spoofs different things in the Black community in politics and entertainment. (though a lot of the joke's work even if you aren't black. But being Black and in my teens at the time did help enjoy the experience much more as I could relate a bit more.

Please, let's leave the racial slurs out of the discussion — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ragingrave

@Sony_70 I'm Mexican. Used to stay up late and watch it in Adult Swim. Good times.
And by the way I saw the pic of Bushido Brown.

Edited on by Ragingrave

Ragingrave

shingi_70

@ELI-ASH

I would agree that stylishly and even character wise AOT and TWD are very similar. But from a story telling perspective Attack on Titan has adopted Lost's whole tease something cool, now ignore about 5 different subjects. It also does the whole Lost Shamlyn twist for world building. Haven't watched beyond the first episode yet but the manga suffers greatly from this. However when it does feel like intersecting plot points and introducing new ones its done pretty well.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

ELI-ASH

@Blastoise-san Last few pages of chapter 1. ^_^ "hmm First things first Ive got to get a crew" "I think about 10 men should do"

Edited on by ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

ELI-ASH

@Sony_70 I watched only the anime. caught up to the most recent episode. (only 2 left >.<) The i'll check out the manga version since its gonna be a long while before the next batch of episodes XD.

RR529

@Sony_70, for 90's anime, have you tried Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, G Gundam, or InuYasha (although the last one ran into the 00's)?

Those are some of my favorites from that era.

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

shingi_70

RR529 wrote:

@Sony_70, for 90's anime, have you tried Yu Yu Hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, G Gundam, or InuYasha (although the last one ran into the 00's)?

Have seen all expect G Gundam. Only Gundam series I've watched have been Mobile Suit and SD. Probably will give the others a reshot as its been awhile since I saw them last.

WAT!

RR529

Sony_70 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Have seen all expect G Gundam. Only Gundam series I've watched have been Mobile Suit and SD. Probably will give the others a reshot as its been awhile since I saw them last.

Depending on whether or not you finished & liked the original, have you watched InuYasha: the Final Act?

It's a newer series, but it's a direct continuation of the original series, and gives it a definitive conclusion (it's 26 episodes).

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

TheKingOfTown

@Sony_70 Have you tried Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Many call it a masterpiece space epic involving war and politics. Similar to Gundam, no?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

CanisWolfred

Sony_70 wrote:

Any recommendations for someone looking for Older nineties anime (think Tenchi Muyo or Eva) or something more space operish. The first Gundam series and Robotech rate high for me.

Banner of the Stars
Zeta Gundam
Outlaw Star
The Legend of Galactic Heroes
Captain Harlock

Also, not old, but check out Yamato 2199. One of the best space anime I've seen, and it recaptures the spirit of old sci-fi shows.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RR529

^Oh, how could I forget about Outlaw Star!? Yeah, that's great too (as is Trigun, which I also forgot to mention).

DawnOverALilly

ShadowFox254 wrote:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

Anyone know of any good yuri manga or anime? No Eichii and I like it to be more realistic.

Mmm......Maria-sama? Don't ask. -_-

three years later when she remembered that she asked this question

Thanks!

Edited on by DawnOverALilly

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of tha...

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Another generic filler. Don't get me wrong, l Like Yachiru, but as she's meant to be as a quirky companion to Kenpachi. I don't need an entire episode directed around her. Also, the filler soul reaper they introduced is just a less interesting clone of the guy Ichigo & Co. ran into in the Menos Forest.

Naruto - This was a pretty good episode. Great fight between Sakura & Ino. Too bad there wasn't a definitive winner, though.

One Piece - Only One Piece could make the villain an evil sea horse, and make it work, lol. Also, Luffy is really growing on me. He's easily the most lovable anime character since Goku (not as cool, but lovable nonetheless). I guess this means we'll be moving onto Water 7 next week?

Soul Eater - Episode of the night! Fantastic action, Death the Kid centric, and some unsettling new mysterious insinuations about Death himself. Also, they were fighting for a giant magical key, where's Sora?

Sword Art Online - As always, this show continues to be consistently good. This one had some pretty good action, and geez, they've been in there 2 years now!? Poor little bunny rabbit gets killed, but man when they cut it up, Best. Knife. Ever. Kirito had a duel with Mr. butthole bodyguard, and was being mysteriously watched by a dude from Organisation XIII (sorry man, the Keyblade was in Soul Eater, you're too late). Looks like Kirito & that girl are now face to face with a boss. Good luck with that! Also, this show always makes me want to play TotA, FE:A, OoT3D, or KH:DDD, lol.

Also, they had a new show montage tonight, and it was a pretty fantastic one, if I do say so myself.

LordJumpMad

I been watching a little anime called Watamote
Its about an anti-social girl, where nothing goes well for her.
The show will make you cringe as you watch.
Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic