Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,361 to 7,380 of 12,351

GuSolarFlare

here in brazil all chanels stoped airing animes(except Pokémon, Digimon, maybe Yu-Gi-Oh! and their endles rip-offs) it's really sad...

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Rocko52

Well, hopefully it will turn out similar to Bellermere's death with me. I knew it was coming,but it still managed to be the most emotional scene I've seen in One Piece yet. Hopefully I'll not think about it too much, and when it happens, it will still hit me.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

How exactly?

Similarly, before I've even really figured out what happens in it, I know of the "events" in episode 6. Both of these are extremely distracting and killjoy for me.

Because it's so well done you'll still feel most of the impact when it happens. Trust me.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred

Oops...I seem to have neglected to mention that the show I was talking about (episode 6) was Gurren Lagann.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

RR529

I just finished chapter 400 of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi!

SPOILERS

With Agaard (the Yami master) occupied with Shigure, Kenichi is able to get to the captured master, but is captured himself. Luckily, the old master isn't as senile as he's been leading on however, and breaks himself & Kenichi out.

Later, Kenichi & the gang go to Okinawa in order to raid a Yami hideout, that just so happens to be hidden in the U.S. military base...

Kenichi's masters battle through Yami's armed masters, and it all comes down to Apachai vs Agaard, and Kenichi vs Kokin! The battle between masters looks to have come to a close first, with Apachai having a hole punched through him! Did Apachai actually lose? What'll happen now?

SPOILERS END

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

kkslider5552000

Watamote is getting dangerously close to being too sad to be funny. Just...wow...

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Rocko52

Well I haven't even started yet...

Marks

CanisWolfred wrote:

Kill La Kill finally has a decently sized trailer! And it looks great.
...except for the power suit design...

EDIT: replaced the link with a subtitled version.

If you're talking about that suit with the underboob... I agree. It puts me off a little

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

CanisWolfred

Yes. She has a thing that can turn her cloths to steel...so why does she use it to create an armor that only partial covers her body? Damn anime logic...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Jaz007

Just watched the first two episodes of Full Metal Alchemist. Pretty awesome show there. I'm gonna be having some fun.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

mamp

Jaz007 wrote:

Just watched the first two episodes of Full Metal Alchemist. Pretty awesome show there. I'm gonna be having some fun.

You talking brotherhood or regular FMA, I mean they're both good but Brotherhood is better (and it follows the manga).

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

TheKingOfTown

Jaz007 wrote:

Indeed. You're in for a ride with either show. Although more so with Brotherhood.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Jaz007

I'm not watching Brotherhood, I decided to watch the first one first.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007

RR529

Just finished up chapter 425 of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi!

SPOILERS

The battle between masters has come to an end with Yami's Agaard K.O.ed and Ryozanpaku's Apachai... Dead!?

With the death of one of his beloved masters, Kenichi decides to finish his battle using only Muay Thai in Apachai's honor (even if it puts him in a disatvantage). His conviction pulls through though, and he is barely able to defeat Kokin.

With that, a low level Yami master enters the room, and decides to take out his frustration on the battered Kenichi. Luckily, even while immobile, Agaard (out of his honor as a martial artist) is able to hold the grumpy master back with his immense ki, and even spitting chunks of concrete at him. The master breaks through, however, but is stopped by Apachai! He calls that even in death, he will protect Kenichi, and punches the master out of the building! He says he has to go now, and (with the most emotional part of the series thus far) says his goodbyes to Kenichi.

As Kenichi wakes up (a few days later), he's relieved to find that Apachai has barely been saved (Kenichi's other masters showed up shortly after his goodbyes, and performed an emergency operation). Also, they successfully recieved the data on Yami they were looking for.

Then, when Kenichi wakes up one day, the masters of Ryozanpaku are nowhere to be found (leaving only Kenichi & Miu), and they're wanted fugitives of the police!?

Meeting up with Nijima & the rest of the Shinpaku Alliance, it's found out that Yami has taken control of the police, and is after the data Ryozanpaku collected during the last conflict. Kenichi & the gang head out to meet a politician who is on their side, in order to give him the data on Yami, and clear his masters' names.

They are awaited by an armed division of Yami, though, and while the gang end up victorious, the disc where the data is stored, was destroyed during the conflict (meaning that while Yami couldn't get it back, it can't be used to clear Ryozanpaku either). Luckily, Nijima had a back up on a USB device, and gives it to the politician, who abruptly destroys it!

Apparently, he was a Yami supporter this entire time, and was luring out Kenichi & the gang to get the data. Not only that, but he's a master class fighter! While there's no way the gang can win against him, they decide to fight anyways, but are saved by Sakaki (one of Kenichi's masters), who has been keeping watch over them this entire time. Afterwards, it's revealed that Nijima has already leaked the data online, meaning Yami can no longer control it, and Kenichi's masters can come out of hiding.

Also, soon after Kenichi & Miu admit their feelings for each other, and Chigake (a Yomi member) slowly softens to the friendship of Kenichi & the gang even more. Also, Kenichi decides to help Miu find out more about the mysterious past of her parents.

SPOILERS END

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

TysonOfTime

Guys, here's the trailer for
ONE PIECE STRONG WORLD!!!!

They even have Brook and Garp's VA! This looks AMAZING!!!

Brook's Voice Actor Reveal

Edited on by TysonOfTime

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Rocko52

@Jaz007

Nice! I love FMA! I still haven't watched FMA B though...besides the first episode....

Anyways, I have a kind of dark wish the Oda will kill off one of the Straw hats before the series ends just to shock everyone....I don't really know why, but if he could pull off the emotion...but at the same time I wanna see all the characters achieve their goals....

On another note I would like to see at least one new crew member (A 10th) and hopefully a girl.

RR529

Finished up chapter 450 of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi!

SPOILERS

Deciding to investigate into Miu's birth, she and Kenichi investigate into something Kano Sho mentioned during the "D of D Tournament" (with the help of Tanimoto's information resources). They are led to a remote old style village in the middle of a forest. There are a few odd things though, such as despite being abandoned, everything appears to be taken care of, and Miu even has flashbacks of her deceased mother.

As it turns out, one of Yami's "One Shadow Nine Fists", Akira Hongo (the master of Kano Sho) happens to be in the village, and he sends his other two disciples to attack Miu & Kenichi! Hongo's disciples blame Kenichi for Kano Sho's death, and show no mercy, but the heroes come out on top.

Afterwards, Hongo inquires about the death of Sho (as he and his other disciples weren't present during the "D of D" tournament), and decides to leave Kenichi unharmed after hearing the truth (that Sho sacrificed himself to save Miu & Kenichi). He still had some cyptic words though, as he told Kenichi to pass on a message to Sakaki (Kenichi's Karate master), about settling an old score once & for all.

After his departure, Hayato (the Elder, Miu's grandfather) arrived and explained the history of Miu's parents, and their connection to this village. A clan of perfectly bred warriors had long since called this place home, including Miu's mother, but she fell in love with an outsider (the elder's son), which split the village in two. The side that valued tradition of not marrying outsiders, & the side that condoned the union between the two. This rift caused infighting, and eventually the clan left & spread across the world. Sometime later (shortly after Miu's birth), her mother was attacked by a mysterious assailant, and while the elder was fast enough to save Miu, he couldn't save her mother. As for her father, it hasn't been confirmed that he has ever died, and the elder is certain he's still out there somewhere. It turns out that Kano Sho was also from the village, explaining his fascination with Miu, and why his master & fellow students were there (visiting in his memory).

Later, Sakaki gets the message that it's time to settle the score between Akira Hongo & himself, and despite telling Kenichi not to follow him, he does (along with Miu).

The fight between Sakaki & Hongo is fierce (with Kenichi & Miu endangering themselves just to get close enough to watch), and we even get detailed information about their past friendship, rivalry, and how their relationship turned south (Yami manipulated them to fight each other, as they wanted to recruit the "strongest" Karate master).

The fight isn't given a conclusion however, as another one of the "One Shadow Nine Fists", the Pencat Silat master Jenizad suddenly shows up, and by manipulating his killing intent, tricks Hongo into attacking Kenichi! Miu, thinking Kenichi dead (although he's being rescued by the elder), attacks Jenizad, but is quickly subdued, and he tries to abduct her (as the granddaughter of Hayato, known as the "Invincible Superman", he wants her as his disciple). Sakaki & Hongo (out of his martial arts honor) team up to fight Jenizad, but are too weak from their own fight to stop him. Hayato is also to late to stop him (as he was rescuing Kenichi from the earlier attack).

Jenizad takes Miu to the tropical island nation of Tidat (where he's from), and after giving her amnesia (from an attack inflicted during the abduction), he starts training her under Pencat Silat, manipulating the darkness & rage in her heart (she's still grieving about the "death" of Kenichi), and is even giving her false information about her past, even painting Akira Hongo as the man responsible for her pain!?

Thanks to their info network, Kenichi & the gang learn where she's at, and even Hongo's on the move (wanting revenge on Jenizad for interfering in his match), but will they arrive in time to save Miu from the abyss?

SPOILERS END

Also, less than 100 chapters to go until I'm caught up with Japan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic