Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 7,181 to 7,200 of 12,340

kkslider5552000

DarkNinja9 wrote:

anyone watched the anime Hyouka? its a mystery type anime

I will eventually. I heard a lot of good things about it...not anything specific beyond "gee, that sure was a good anime" though.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

CrimsonFire

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

I saw the first episode of WATAMOTE and it wasnt all that relatable,....but i will watch more

I have watched 5 episodes now and it isnt as relatable as everyone says,but i really like it and i will....watch more.(I love the opening)

X_Blitz_X

I'm currently watching Naruto Shippuden (anime), Soul Eater(again) and Shingeki No Kyojin(Anime, Attack On Titan).

Loving Attack On Titan so far, I was a bit skeptical at first when I first watched it because of the drawing design(bold outlines) but I've come to love it. The drawings are so well did. The emotions, intensity and drama in this anime is so outstanding.

"Hey what's up guys? BCD here and I'm back again!" ~Blitz Christopher Doom.
FC:0044-3527-2798
Check out my chanel://www.youtube.com/user/BlitzChristopherDoom
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Sonic Generations
-Mario Kart 7
-Mario Tennis Open
-Sonic Transformed
"That's it from me, BCD signing out, peace!"

3DS Friend Code: 0044-3527-2798

GuSolarFlare

going to watch HunterXHunter(the new one) episode 94 right now!

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Rocko52

@kkslider

What do you mean by "reasons that you couldn't watch the original series"?

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

kkslider5552000

Rocko52 wrote:

@kkslider

What do you mean by "reasons that you couldn't watch the original series"?

That was mostly a joke about how intentionally hate-able Asuka is. The weird thing is that I only have vague ideas about why I didn't watch all of the original series years ago. It was interesting but it seems to be a recurring theme that I can't fully enjoy a lot of beloved 90s anime for reasons that I only partially know. And my interest in other people's opinions of the series and everything behind it has long overshadowed what I thought about it years ago. I can't even tell you the exact reasons why I skimmed large sections of it, it's quite odd.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!

Rocko52

Well for the heck of it, I decided to watch the first episode of poorly subbed version of the classic super robot show, Mazinger Z.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Magikarp3

So I finally got a manga reader to work on my phone. And now I'm starting with 20th Century Boys!

dohoho, this gon' be good

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

DarkNinja9

GuSilverFlame wrote:

@DarkNinja9 hyouka is great!!!!!! I really like oreki's "energy conserving" attitude!

lol same here i think its crazy when he finally explains the things O_O

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

anyone watched the anime Hyouka? its a mystery type anime

I will eventually. I heard a lot of good things about it...not anything specific beyond "gee, that sure was a good anime" though.

ah ok yeah it isnt like the best anime but it is a good one least i never heard anyone mentioned it till a buddy of mine told me to give that one a try and yeah it starts a bit boring but laters its interesting

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

V8_Ninja

So I just watched two episodes of Day Break Illusion.

I did not see any of it coming. The only thing I knew about the show beforehand is that it kind-of wants to be Madoka Magica. So...yeah. All of that was unexpected.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

kkslider5552000

Mellowkarp wrote:

So I finally got a manga reader to work on my phone. And now I'm starting with 20th Century Boys!

dohoho, this gon' be good

you have no idea how good

CanisWolfred

...8 hours and yet it's halfway down the second page? This place is getting way too active for me...

Since I've been gone:

Hunter X Hunter (2011)
Got to episode 76. The Phantom Rouge arc was glorious, and the Greed Island arc was extremely good, too. This is a really good show, and I love how they mix things up every arc. Then there's the fights, filled with really great twists and a magic system that is complex without mostly being overwhelming, since they're never explaining too much (so you notice the potential holes nor wasting too much of your time). The characters are fantastic, too. I can't wait until they're done with the next arc, though that could be a while...it's a 135 chapter arc.

Bleach
Watched up to episode 64. I still like this part the most...right up until Aizen shows up. Even without knowing what happens later, he's still one of the most annoying enemy ever created. Also, this show seems much more thought out than I've previously given it credit for. A lot of later parts were alluded to in these early episodes.

Toriko
My current shounen watch. Up to episode 19 so far. I'm really enjoying this. It's about a "Gourmet Hunter" in a world full of unusual delicacies, including powerful monsters, that people seem to be obsessed with fighting and eating. It's basically a world obsessed with food, and it's Toriko's job to go out and find the best ingredients.
It's a lot of fun, and surprisingly enough, it hits the ground running - almost the entire first 16 episodes were one long arc. This is still one of the few cases where I'd highly suggest the manga over the anime, what with all of the things that are taken out, rearranged, etc. but it's a good enough alternative for now...and cheaper, too. I like how genuine this show feels, yet at the same time it never feels like it's trying to be more than it is. It's not trying to have a sweeping narrative, yet it doesn't feel like a completely mindless action show, either. It's hard to explain, but it's like it believe wholeheartedly in its world, story and characters, while still acknowledging how silly and over-the-top it is. There's a lot of fun to be had, with just enough believable drama to make it intense. That, mixed with the unusual premise makes it a very refreshing series to watch so far, despite the immense amount of shounen anime I've been watching this year.

Also, just saw that Fairy Tail part 5 and 6 were released recently...I guess that'll be next once I'm done with Toriko (planning to watch up to episode 40).

I watched Senyu as well, which was genuinely enthralling. And it's just a bunch of 5 minute shorts...so that says a lot.

Then there's the shows I only saw a few episodes of, including:

Nyarko-San: Another Crawling Chaos
The Unlimited
Space Battleship Yamato 2199
Dragon Ball
Slam Dunk
Kuroko's Basketball
The Devil is a Part-Timer
HENNEKO

I may be forgetting a few...anyways, The Unlimited and Yamato 2199 are fantastic, I seriously need to watch more of these very soon. Dragon Ball was some nice nostalgia, but it's too long for me to watch now. Slam Dunk and Kuroko's Basketball I'll definitely have to see more of sooner than later. The Devil is a Part-Timer was enjoyable once I realized it's not really much of a comedy, been meaning to watch more of it. Nyarko-san is really really really weird, and not in a good way. I may give it one more episode, but if otherwise I may drop it entirely soon. I don't even know why I bothered with HENNEKO...I couldn't last 5 minutes before being totally abhorrent to it.

I also almost tried K-On. Then my sanity returned to me.

I might reply to other posts later.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

V8_Ninja

The Fall anime season is approaching. Anyone excited for anything?

For those that have forgotten; http://atxpieces.files.wordpress.com/2013/09/fallv3-5.jpg

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Rocko52

Well...frankly I watched next to no anime this summer, contrary to what I thought going in. Funny, considering I watched WAY more when I supposedly had less time for it during the school year....

Anyway I need to watch the Spring Essentials I missed, being Hentai Prince and the Stone Cat, and The Devil is a Part-Timer. Funny, both were excellent comedies, and I opted instead to watch Attack on Titan (still pretty good) and Gargantia. (a mistake I think now)

I missed the summer shows I was planning to watch, Silver Spoon, and Danganronpa: The Animation, but now it seems I'll have to add Watamote and Stella Women's Academy.

Frankly, I haven't looked at Fall 2013.

And I still need to wrap up Soul Eater, (been lagging) pick up on Bleach and Attack on Titan, I've put Fruits Basket on hold.

Then there's the infinite list of classics and recent shows, Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell, FMA Brotherhood, Mobile Suit Gundam, Fullmetal Panic!, Space Battleship Yamato, Mazinger Z, Great Mazinger, Grendizer.....

So I have A LOT!!!!!!! to watch.

kkslider5552000

You have no idea sir. While I try to be at least...sane, with how much anime I watch (usually just an episode a day) and I tend to get into the ridiculous long runners, I still haven't gotten through the beloved anime titles from the previous decade alone despite watching anime on the internet for like 6-7 years.

...I feel like the more I talk about anime, the less appealing I make it sound for anyone who wants a life :/

I mean, in...er...anime's defense(?), I've seen new and older anime too, and spent way too much time trying to watch anime that's 99% the same story-wise from the manga, and vice-versa (I mean, I love the Reborn! anime but there was no reason to watch it since I was already reading the manga which is the same thing barring the anime switching what happened when (I guess) and some censorship)

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Magikarp3

Well so far 20th Century Boys has been pretty good. The story's pacing is some of the best I've read in a while, just there are some scenes which get awkward on a crowded train where strangers might get a glimpse of my phone's screen :/

In between 20th Century Boys I've also been reading Holyland. It's alright, I guess.

@CanisWolfred I'm really curious about Toriko, it sounds like a lot of fun to watch without being too generic or idealistic. I'm not too big of a shounen fan since I get weary of idealistic adventure stories, but at the moment the two I'm most interested in are Toriko and Gintama. And imo HENNEKO wasn't that bad, but that's probably because I went in expecting a shameful pervert comedy and instead I got a character based comedy.

And looking at the Fall schedule... It seems like this'll be a catchup season for me! The only things which interest me are Non Non Biyori (Countryside SoL, which means I might as well finish Silver Spoon first) and Little Busters! Refrain (tentative, since I didn't like the drama in the first season but apparently Refrain is coming from superlative source material). And I guess if I was restricted to watch Fall Season stuff, I'd check out Kyoukai no Kanata and Golden Time. But there's so much stuff from the Summer season which I want to watch still...

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

Arianabtd

I ended up getting a bad cold from the youth rally I got back from yesterday so I decided to go back to sergeant frog. I forgot what episode I was at so I just started at episode 40.
Oh how I missed watching Tamama >_<.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Rocko52

@Konata
Hi! Welcome back!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic