General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,161 to 7,180 of 10,613

AuthorMessage

Sheikah_stone1

7,161. Posted:

I always go here to see what anime I should watch next. I've never been dissapointed so far! You guys have great taste ;)

What do you suppose this stone is?
I feel like it's trying to tell us something...

I think there's a fairy hiding inside it, too.
Maybe you can lure it out somehow!

-Navi the fairy

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,162. Posted:

I read a couple of the Haruhi LNs. They were as awesome as expected, and I'm not surprised there's so many LN adapted anime considering how wordy anime is. But I'm not one to often get into non-visual mediums so...yeah...

I find myself very uninterested in trying another episode of Angel Beats. It's not even that it's bad but my only reaction anytime I even think about the 2 episodes I saw is "wow does this series have a mixed up identity, intentionally Haruhi style". Also if that backstory is any indication, STAY AWAY FROM DRAMA ANGEL BEATS.

still, that is some great slapstick.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

7,163. Posted:

Currently watching Mushi-Shi and Hellsing Ultimate,loving both so far.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

7,164. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I read a couple of the Haruhi LNs. They were as awesome as expected, and I'm not surprised there's so many LN adapted anime considering how wordy anime is. But I'm not one to often get into non-visual mediums so...yeah...

I find myself very uninterested in trying another episode of Angel Beats. It's not even that it's bad but my only reaction anytime I even think about the 2 episodes I saw is "wow does this series have a mixed up identity, intentionally Haruhi style". Also if that backstory is any indication, STAY AWAY FROM DRAMA ANGEL BEATS.

still, that is some great slapstick.

honestly angel beats isnt all that or what others hype it up to be :| i thought it was ok-ish but that is about it and its a little sad towards the end that is all o.O

Sheikah_stone1 wrote:

I always go here to see what anime I should watch next. I've never been dissapointed so far! You guys have great taste ;)

lol what genres do you like? :P

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,165. Posted:

Alright, I'm calling it; Sunday Without God is going to grab my year-end "Best Setting, Worst Story" award.

Shut up, I have the authority to give out yearly awards.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,166. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Alright, I'm calling it; Sunday Without God is going to grab my year-end "Best Setting, Worst Story" award.

a little too much agressive, but not really wrong.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,167. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Are we talking about Sunday Without God or me being able to hand out awards? Because the part about me having authority to give out awards is a joke.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,168. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Are we talking about Sunday Without God or me being able to hand out awards? Because the part about me having authority to give out awards is a joke.

the part about the anime(but in this case you had the authority to do it because that anime deserves it :D )

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

7,169. Posted:

I loved Angel Beats but yeah. The backstories try way too hard to make you feel bad/sad. I thought they were completely random and broke the flow of the show. I still greatly enjoyed the show, that ending man. Had me crying. Nevah cried that hawd yo.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

7,170. Posted:

I watched the first 5 episodes of Dearh Note tonight. It was pretty good. The game between L and Light is pretty good, very intresting plot. I like Light so far.

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros: Wii U and Mount & Blade: Warband: Viking Conquest.

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,171. Posted:

Finished up chapter 125 of History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi earlier.

Since my last update, The leader of the villainous Ragnorok group has revealed his true intentions, and Kenichi has gone into the forest to take part in a strenuous secret training regimen.

Things aren't going smoothly, however, as Ragnorok's elite have took his absence as the perfect time to initiate the final battle against his friends.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,172. Posted:

@Jaz007
Do you think Light was justified?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

7,173. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Jaz007
Do you think Light was justified?

Note: I'm not looking at this as if it were a real life situation in my answer. I think I can see how he is doing something that is good, the men who are big time killers and on the loose are probably justifiable, the men in prison are debatable, crime is going down though, things somewhat notable SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT get kind of ugly and very questionable when starts killing the men investigating him though. SPOILER ALERT END.

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros: Wii U and Mount & Blade: Warband: Viking Conquest.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,174. Posted:

@Jaz007

I dunno, I firmly believe killing is wrong as all life is precious.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,175. Posted:

My answer to the grey/grey morality of Death Note is the same thing every time. The ending speech of episode 1 was a terrible idea if they were trying to avoid straight up making Light the bad guy, because that instantly turns him into a bad Final Fantasy villain rather than a complex character and that first impression hurts this aspect for the series. Because of it, Light is clearly the villain, the end and you can't change my mind despite how good the rest of the series is. It's such a stupid decision in such a smart, well written series that I'm astounded it exists. Though granted, the over-the-top parts of Death Note are always fun so that doesn't actually hurt the series itself so much, it just hurts a lot of discussions about it for me.

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

7,176. Posted:

Yeah I always viewed Light as the bad guy. His views were just all wrong in my opinion. He even looked evil, like when
WARNING SPOILER BELOW
|
|
|
V
SPOILERS L died in Light's arms SPOILERS

EDIT: We really need a spoiler tag.

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

7,177. Posted:

If anyone want's a more hardcore manga and anime shows:

Hokuto no Ken (The series that invented the word manly tears and MANIME!)
Hellsing (The OVAs is more gruesome)
Baki the Grappler (The series makes you want to work out, and the op2 song is hardcore)
X (So hardcore that the manga version was put on hiatus on 2003 for being to violent)

Edited on by ShadowFox254

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,178. Posted:

I've watched once an Animal Crossing Anime, but I don't remember much about it.....

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,179. Posted:

Ive heard of that once.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,180. Posted:

I think I saw it ages ago.

It was a very, very good reminder about how ironic it is how little I care about most things Animal Crossing after I was done with the original (New Leaf's doing a decent job of changing that).