General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,121 to 7,140 of 10,210

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,121. Posted:

@stupidpupil, I'd recommend:

• Dragon Ball/Z
  • Rurouni Kenshin
  • Yu Yu Hakusho
  • InuYasha
  • Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
  • Eureka 7

(not in any particular order)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

stupidpupil

7,122. Posted:

@RR529 @Rocko52 @GuSilverFlame

Thanks for all the great recommendations, folks!

stupidpupil

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,123. Posted:

@stupidpupil i recommend HunterXHunter the 2011 remake version.

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,124. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Watamote is REALLY FREAKING DISTRESSINGLY RELATABLE

This gave me a good laugh.

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW RELATABLE IT IS

GOD-TIER RELATABLE ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION

But seriously, it's going way beyond coincidence.

So everybody can start calling the show 'Watamote: The Tale of Every Anti-Social Nerd'? Because that's basically what I'm getting from this thread and the majority of Reddit.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,125. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Did... did they just have an entire episode centered around Omaeda? Who asked for this???

Naruto - In a surprising turn of events, Sasuke unexpectedly utilizes a move of a rival to overcome Android 19 (at least that's who I think is under that mask :P), and win his match.

One Piece - The crew is still shuffling around, trying to find out what happened to their missing memories, when the memory theif appears, and Luffy confronts him! You know, while the character models can be a bit on the eccentric side, the art is really growing on me (especially the backdrops, since I started watching it in HD). With HD, the bright watercolor splashes & "sketch" artstyle are actually pretty striking.

Soul Eater - Ok, that guy has chainsaw blades all across his body, and that's unique to say the least (Oh, and Crona was priceless: "Please don't squat, it looks like you're going to the bathroom!"). Also, the witch Aracnae has been revealed! Who is she, you ask? She has a grudge against Death, is responsible for the creation of magical weapons (like Soul & Tsubaki), is the older sister of former villain Medusa, and has a very prominent pair of... eyes (seriously, her irises look like spider webs). There's also a new ending, although I liked the former one better.

Sword Art Online - Looks like Kirito has found himself in the middle of a fully fledged murder mystery, as a mysterious player has found a way around the game's safety features, and has started killing players in villages without initiating a duel (which is supposed to be impossible).

Also, they showed the promo for Evangelion 2.22 You Will [Not] Advance tonight, and man does it look like it's going to be absolutely gorgeous in HD (hopefully the channel isn't acting up next week). This is where it looks like things are going to really start changing up from the original series, as there were things in that promo which weren't recognizable at all.

There were also advertisements for the Sword Art Online & Card Fight! Vanguard! trading card games.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,126. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Watamote is REALLY FREAKING DISTRESSINGLY RELATABLE

This gave me a good laugh.

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW RELATABLE IT IS

GOD-TIER RELATABLE ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION

But seriously, it's going way beyond coincidence.

So everybody can start calling the show 'Watamote: The Tale of Every Anti-Social Nerd'? Because that's basically what I'm getting from this thread and the majority of Reddit.

somewhat yes, but the similarities are so completely 1:1 even for specific things that it goes way beyond that.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,127. Posted:

I fell asleep during Naruto and woke up to Zoro saying something about having a good nap,I agreed XD

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

7,128. Posted:

I'm thinking of watching either Hellsing Ultimate,next,or maybe Trigun

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

7,129. Posted:

Bleach report time. I just finished episode 214. Episodes 213 and 214 were some of the worst filler ever. It broke realism way too much and was absolutely rediculous, pain, just pain is the feeling while watching those. I was very unhappy when I found out it was a two part filler. It was actually halfway decent and a bit entertaining for the first half of episode 213, but then Don Kanoji showed. I swear everything he touches after his initial episode turns to complete trash that is just pain. I actually turned on the mute button a couple of times to lessen the pain and I started playing "One Step Closer" by Linking Park while I was watching episode 214 because it was fitting. Okay, Rant over.

Bleach still is going pretty strong aside from some select fille though. I also hear that it's not the norm that I like Gin. I've always liked his constant smile, never really got creeped out by him. Always thought he was a pretty cool character.

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,130. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

Bleach report time. I just finished episode 214. Episodes 213 and 214 were some of the worst filler ever. It broke realism way too much and was absolutely rediculous, pain, just pain is the feeling while watching those. I was very unhappy when I found out it was a two part filler. It was actually halfway decent and a bit entertaining for the first half of episode 213, but then Don Kanoji showed. I swear everything he touches after his initial episode turns to complete trash that is just pain. I actually turned on the mute button a couple of times to lessen the pain and I started playing "One Step Closer" by Linking Park while I was watching episode 214 because it was fitting. Okay, Rant over. Bleach still is going pretty strong aside from some select fille though. I also hear that it's not the norm that I like Gin. I've always liked his constant smile, never really got creeped out by him. Always thought he was a pretty cool character.

I take it those were the two Karakuraiser episodes?

Yeah, those were corny as all heck.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

7,131. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Bleach report time. I just finished episode 214. Episodes 213 and 214 were some of the worst filler ever. It broke realism way too much and was absolutely rediculous, pain, just pain is the feeling while watching those. I was very unhappy when I found out it was a two part filler. It was actually halfway decent and a bit entertaining for the first half of episode 213, but then Don Kanoji showed. I swear everything he touches after his initial episode turns to complete trash that is just pain. I actually turned on the mute button a couple of times to lessen the pain and I started playing "One Step Closer" by Linking Park while I was watching episode 214 because it was fitting. Okay, Rant over. Bleach still is going pretty strong aside from some select fille though. I also hear that it's not the norm that I like Gin. I've always liked his constant smile, never really got creeped out by him. Always thought he was a pretty cool character.

Yeah, they were it. I think one would be better off by deciding that all of those events were just a dream of Kon's. There is just no way I can accept what happened in those episodes as actual Bleach story.

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,132. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

Yeah, they were it. I think one would be better off by deciding that all of those events were just a dream of Kon's. There is just no way I can accept what happened in those episodes as actual Bleach story.

That's not uncommon, though. Besides the Bount arc, there is no conceivable way any of the series' filler could logically fit into the story.

This was pretty much the anime's producers saying "hey, wouldn't it be funny to parody Power Rangers with the Bleach cast!?!". Of course, like most Bleach filler, the end result is much to be desired.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,133. Posted:

@CrimsonFire13

While I can't speak of Hellsing Ultimate, I heartily recommend Trigun.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,134. Posted:

Since it's been forever since I've done a manga update, I guess I'm overdo.

I've been reading History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, and it's worked it's way into being a pretty good martial arts story. Finished up chapter 53, and Kenichi has finally had his first heroic moment, where he steps in, starts kicking butt, and saves his friends (unlike characters like Goku, Luffy, Naruto, or Ichigo, he starts out with utterly no talent or confidence whatsoever, even going so far as commonly running away from low ranking foes he could easily beat, as he underestimates the power of his training, and it finally felt good to see him gain the confidence to match the skills he's learned).

It has over 530 chapters, and is still ongoing, so it'll last awhile.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

7,135. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

That's not uncommon, though. Besides the Bount arc, there is no conceivable way any of the series' filler could logically fit into the story.

This was pretty much the anime's producers saying "hey, wouldn't it be funny to parody Power Rangers with the Bleach cast!?!". Of course, like most Bleach filler, the end result is much to be desired.

I disagree, a lot of the filler could logically fit into the story. If consider arcs to be filler than I think that all of the filler arcs could fit into the story. I think that a lot of the individual filler episodes could fit into the story as well. A lot of them feel like something that would happen in day to day life. Some of them might push it a little, but I find a lot them believable for the most part.

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,136. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I disagree, a lot of the filler could logically fit into the story. If consider arcs to be filler than I think that all of the filler arcs could fit into the story. I think that a lot of the individual filler episodes could fit into the story as well. A lot of them feel like something that would happen in day to day life. Some of them might push it a little, but I find a lot them believable for the most part.

Well, look at the filler arc that happens after the defeat of Grimmjow for example (the one with the princess they have to protect).

Ichigo is shown to have mastered his hollowfication powers during the arc, so it can't take place before the Hueco Mundo arc (since he doesn't do so until his fight with Grimmjow), and for other reasons I won't mention (as not to spoil anything for you), it can't take place after the Hueco Mundo arc either. And of course, it can't take place during any portion of the Hueco Mundo arc either, for various reasons which should be obvious.

All following stand alone filler episodes that feature characters from this arc (like that weird soccer episode) are also irrelevant too, since this arc would have had to have happened, in order for those characters to be there, and their relashionships to the main cast be forged.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Marks

7,137. Posted:

Some stuff I've been watching:
Sword Art Online - Episode 5. I'm waiting for it to get interesting, like episode 1 was. It's so boring right now. The art makes it bearable.
Day Break Illusion - Episode 5: I admit it's not great but I find it's underrated compared to other summer anime titles.
Attack on Titan - Episode 15: I'm surprised how much I like this show... I love the characters.
Hyperdimension Neptunia - Episode 6: ...Watching for the plot.
Free! - Episode 7: ...Also watching for the plot.
Watamote - Episode 6: It's okay, I guess. Although episode 4 was pretty funny. However, I don't understand how the anime is so "relatable".

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
My Freerice

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

AuthorMessage

DarkNinja9

7,138. Posted:

hey anyone willing to share some good anime they seen lately? cant seem to find any dub anime >.< but sub is good too and yeah i can share some if anyone wants :P

my 3DS friend code: 4468-2280-4674

i stopped playing mario kart now and moved on to luigis mansion :P

NNID(WiiU): GhostNinja1373

usually im just on miiverse(drawing) :P

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,139. Posted:

DarkNinja9 wrote:

hey anyone willing to share some good anime they seen lately?

is that not the point of the thread?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,140. Posted:

@DarkNinja9

Well...I can't help but feel I'd be repeating myself if I recommend anything as I've seen barely 10 anime. I'd recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion, Trigun, One Piece, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Lucky Star, Bleach, and Soul Eater.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654