General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,101 to 7,120 of 10,247

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,101. Posted:

Would you recommend it?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,102. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Would you recommend it?

Yeah it's pretty funny and clever.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

7,103. Posted:

I'm planning on rewatching (and finally watching) all 5 seasons of Digimon! :D So far, I reached Episode 11 from the first season, and I know that the series still a top favourite for me :3

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,104. Posted:

@darkfenrir I watched most of the first season of Digimon in subs for the first time and I was surprised how similar it was to the dub. It was basically the same.Almost word 4 word of the script. Would love to know exactly what they edit out in the English version do.

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

darkfenrir

7,105. Posted:

@ELI-ASH the problem is, I never watched the dub (At least, I'm not sure about it, the last time I watched them... is 10 years ago, I think) :3

And by now, I always avoid dub so much, I like hearing the original voice X3

darkfenrir

3DS Friend Code: 2122-5996-0541

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

7,106. Posted:

darkfenrir wrote:

I'm planning on rewatching (and finally watching) all 5 seasons of Digimon! :D So far, I reached Episode 11 from the first season, and I know that the series still a top favourite for me :3

Great!I've rewatched Digimon 1-4 last year

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

7,107. Posted:

Okay Clannad After Story is probably the best thing ever in existence. Everyone watch it.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,108. Posted:

mamp wrote:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I'm watching Maid-sama as @Konata had sugested some time ago it's really funny! I'm liking it a lot!

I never thought I'd see any show/anime/cartoon that would be sexist towards BOTH genders but this anime really shoves it down your throat. Apparently in that anime all girls(who are not the main character) are weak and defenseless and all the boys are a bunch of perverted, brute, savages they actually state it a bunch of times. Also the part about her not being able to dress up as a maid at any time or any place because somehow people will know her secret doesn't make sense at all and is really stupid.

yes, yes but it's funny EXACTLY because it's too exagerated to be real!

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,109. Posted:

@TheKingOfTown

Your new favorite anime?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

7,110. Posted:

@Rocko
Definitely. It's the first time I've ever actually cried in any piece of media. I've been teary-eyed before, but I've never shed real tears.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

AuthorMessage

stupidpupil

7,111. Posted:

Looking for anime recommnedations :D

I'm open to whatever genre, but I'd prefer if:

• The series is already complete. Bonus points if it's concise (i.e. only a few seasons, or just one)
  • The tone isn't overbearingly serious and/or morose. But it doesn't have to be a full out comedy or anything.

Thanks in advance! I haven't watched much anime at all, so don't be afraid to suggest pretty popular/common stuff.

stupidpupil

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,112. Posted:

@stupidpupil I would recommend Durarara! and Baccano!(two of my favorites hard to explain without spoiling but they are unique and both have serious and funny moments)
EDIT: there's also Tiger and Bunny(surprisingly it's about super heroes! and it's great!)

Edited on by GuSolarFlare

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,113. Posted:

watching FMA:Brotherhood is it because it's been a while since I've watched the first FMA or brotherhood is much more aggressive and violent?(not really a problem I just don't remember so much blood flowing)

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

7,114. Posted:

@GuSilverFlame
FMA Brotherhood definitely has more blood than the original. In fact, some episodes of Brotherhood are rated TV-MA, while every episode of the original is TV-14

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

7,115. Posted:

I finished Hellsing today!!!

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

7,116. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Watamote is REALLY FREAKING DISTRESSINGLY RELATABLE

This gave me a good laugh.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,117. Posted:

I watched two episodes of Sunday Without God.

OH WOW IT IS BAD

• The basic premise is that during a somewhat-civilized period of time (my guess is 18th to 19th century), God reveals himself from the heavens to admit that he's screwed up in the creation of Earth and abandons it, leaving every person on the planet to be incapable of dying or giving birth. Alright, that's a pretty neat premise. Unfortunately, the series shoots itself in the foot by completely rejecting the whole "People Can't Die" thing. I'm pretty sure one of the 10 Writing Commandments is "Don't shoot the majority of your premise in the foot!"
  • Alright, I'm down with the main character's mother being a gravekeeper and her dying. I'm cool with that. The thing I can't get over is that the little girl's entire village is shaming her into digging graves and dealing with dead bodies...at the age of 7. Seriously, WTF?!?! Yeah, it's basically outright said that the village had ulterior motives behind their decision, but it's pretty jerk-ish to immediately force the child to carry on the torch when the child hasn't been alive for a decade.
  • Yeah, that silver-haired guy? He is an absolute douche and HE'S SUPPOSED TO BE THE SECONDARY CHARACTER. He first kills everyone in the girl's village. Ignoring his ultimate nature, I'm fine with that. He then proceeds to prepare everything else such that the little girl can easily bury all the village people that he's killed. Afterwords, he holds a gun to that girl's head while blathering about the girls' purity of spirit being ruined, making hypocritical arguments in the process. This is not a good person and placing that character as the "Protector" of the little girl does not make him any less of a monster than he already is. Also, this douche needs to stop asking questions like it's freaking D&D!
  • Let's talk about how death works. As long as the majority of your brain is in one piece, you will be able to function regardless of the state of the rest of your body. Of course, any destroyed limbs/organs are unusable, but they don't affect your ability to live. After a few days of being in this state, you eventually go insane and your instincts kick into overdrive. (So you're a zombie, I guess?) If you unfortunately do not fit the above criteria for living, your body remains lifeless while it is haunted by your spirit. The only way to get rid of this spirit and die for good is for a gravekeeper and ONLY a gravekeeper to properly bury the body. (At least, this is what I got from the show at this stage. The show is so vague with its rules that they could change any episode.)

There's honestly a ton more I could complain about, but I'm tired and I forgot a lot of details already.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,118. Posted:

@stupidpupil

I'd recommend watching Neon Genesis Evangelion, which is both highly praised, and highly criticized, it's a highly controversial series that's sparked many debates. Just watch it and try to form and opinion. Personally, it's by far my favorite anime, although there are many who hate it with a passion as much as many love it with a passion. There's not much middle ground on EVA, it's a show you'll love to death or hate with a burning passion.

Also, Fullmetal Alchemist is an amazing show, as well as Trigun and One Piece. Although One Piece is exceedingly long and still going, so based on your requirements, might not be a good fit.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is 26 episodes, and the movie, End of Evangelion, is mandatory as it replaces the last two episodes, which you should watch as well. Alternatively, there is a series of reboot films, with three out, and the final to be released within a year most likely. However, I have not watched these reboots, but have heard both very positive and negative things about it.

Trigun is also 26 episodes and is an excellent show with a great conclusion. Going into it I didn't think I'd like it, heck, my reaction to the first episode was terrible. But now however, it is my 2nd favorite anime. Also, unlike Evangelion which I recommend watching subbed, this I'd say watch it dubbed, as the world of Trigun is canonically English, and the acting is great. There is also a movie, Trigun Badlands, however it plays like an extended filler episode, and is not neccessary to watch, but trust me, you'll want to see it nonetheless.

Fullmetal Alchemist is 51 episodes, and also has a conclusion film, The Conqueror of Shambala. Although I loved this show, many deride it for hugely deviating from the manga about halfway through. If you would like an alternative, the slightly longer show, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, will give you a much stricter adaptation of the manga.

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,119. Posted:

I started watching the most recent Gatchaman reincarnation, Gatchaman Crowds, and I'm enjoying the series. Admittedly there are some really bad pacing problems, with the series wanting to cram so much content into 22 minute time-slots. However, that fast pace combined with the pastel color palette of the show works together in a weird sort of way. Ignoring the stereotypical hyper-effeminate male and the female teenager who refuses to wear nothing but her underwear, I have no other complaints for the show; the art direction is colorful, the jokes are above tolerable (if generic), and it's all a pleasant experience.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,120. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Watamote is REALLY FREAKING DISTRESSINGLY RELATABLE

This gave me a good laugh.

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW RELATABLE IT IS

GOD-TIER RELATABLE ONLY, FINAL DESTINATION

But seriously, it's going way beyond coincidence.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!