General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,081 to 7,100 of 9,392

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

7,081. Posted:

@Warruz I'll try watching it as the first half of FMA was my favorite part. :)

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,082. Posted:

top 5 for me would be
5. Bobobo (though granted I've never been more certain that a show does not hold up as it did when I was 15)'
4. Welcome to the NHK!
3. One Piece
2. Haruhi
1. Detective Conan

that list honestly describes my taste in entertainment pretty well.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,083. Posted:

I watch/read so many series of so many different genres i don't think i could come up with a top 5 list XD So I guess i'll post the top 5 im following atm then.
1.One Piece(w/e on Toonami & hulu)
2.Naruto Shippuden(curently skippin tons of filler just want to get to the good stuff already XD)
3.HunterXHunter(im on episode 60 i think havent watched in awhile)
4.Toradora(slice of life anime just started episode 2)
5. World Trigger(really awesome shonen manga I think future top 3)

Edited on by ELI-ASH

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My Animal Crossing/Random Tumblr
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

7,084. Posted:

Hmmm...

5. Cowboy Bebop
4. Fullmetal Alchemist
3. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
2. Clannad (haven't seen After Story yet)
1. Death Note

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,085. Posted:

1. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. Trigun
3. One Piece
4. Fullmetal Alchemist
5. Death Note

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Spanjard

7,086. Posted:

Can't say I have watched alot, but here it is.

1. One Piece
2. Dragonball
3. Detective conan

Spanjard

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

AuthorMessage

Konata

7,087. Posted:

Since I haven't watched much anime lately here are my all time favorites.

1: Minami-ke (seriously. this is the best slice of life anime ever. Everyone go watch it xD.)
2: Ouran HSHC
3:Squid Girl
4: Haruhi Suzumiya
5: Maid-sama

3 Year obsessed K-Pop veteran. I'm a walking K-Pop Wiki :3.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

GuSilverFlame

7,088. Posted:

I'm watching Maid-sama as @Konata had sugested some time ago it's really funny! I'm liking it a lot!

Kirby 20th anniversary Remix
Kirby is coming to the 3DS!!!!!!!
my Backloggery
the Chit-Chat Crew!
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
visit Nintendo Friends it's a cool place
Row Row, Fight the Power!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,089. Posted:

Last night I watched more One Piece for the first time in a month

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

AuthorMessage

Eetu247

7,090. Posted:

I started watching anime on April 2013 (not counting random animes what they showed in TV when I was little) and I haven't really watched many animes yet (though I'm currently watching more than 10 animes lol and I haven't watched much lately because I have been busy with school etc.) but my top 3 animes currently are:

3. Angel Beats!
I don't even know why I started to watch it, maybe just because I had heard that it's 5/5 anime etc. So I decided to watch it and it was so awesome. Characters were good and they had their own storylines what I liked alot. Whole animes storyline was also awesome, and the ending was nice too. No matter it doesn't have so many episodes (13) it's good as long as it is. If you haven't watched it yet, you should watch it, it really is 5/5.

2. Fullmetal Alchemist
When I was eight years old (2007) they showed FMA in TV. I just watched it because I thought it was random series like other cartoons what they showed in TV. But when I watched it more, I saw that it was more mature than other cartoons what they showed. When they stopped showing it after episode 40, I didn't think I'll ever see the ending of that series (they said in TV program list that it was episode 40/51) and after that I haven't thought the whole thing. But after six years of that, my friend said to me on skype that I have to watch some anime because it's awesome etc. I thought what animes I know, and the only one I knew was FMA. So I decided so start it from the beginning and watch it to the end this time. And it was more awesome than when I watched it on TV, I dunno why. It has good characters, interesting storyline, good villains and awesome openings (my favorite one is third opening, Undo by Cool Joke '3'). But that's the story of what FMA is for me; my second favorite anime of all time at the moment, and maybe most nostalgic one (Pokémon: Indigo League is also so nostalgic, and Johto Journeys and Advanced too but they weren't even near to as good as the first season).

1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
I just decided to watch this because it's alternative story of FMA, but I was so surprised how good it was. It did almost all better than the original anime. Better storyline, more good characters, better openings (that second one if my favorite '3') and it even had 13 more episodes than original anime. The fights were also more epic than in first anime. Nothing comes to my mind right now what Brotherhood did worse than FMA. It's just best anime of all time. God of animes for me.

Currently I'm watching some ecchi (f.e. Highschool DxD New), Watamote, Tales of the Abyss and Welcome to the N.H.K.
Mainly I watch shounen, ecchi and slice of life. But if anime is good I don't care what genre it is.

Lol It's 1:30am here and I have school today, I wasn't even sleepy when I started to make this post and now 30 minutes have passed and I'm so sleepy. Maybe I'll go to sleeping after posting this : p

And sorry for my bad English if you can't understand something because of that :s

3DS Friend Code: 0173-2184-7982 | Twitter: Eetu247

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,091. Posted:

Nice! FMA was sort of the show that really got me into anime ( I had watched Death Note and Birdy the Mighty: Decode before this but FMA ignited the fire...well actually joining this board was what lead me to get into anime before that, and FMA was just the first show I picked.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

7,092. Posted:

I never made a top 5. I'd have to give it a lot of thought.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,093. Posted:

Any1 here collect anime dvds? I only collect One Piece dvds so far but eventually im thinking of getting other series too.
I have One Piece Collection 1-8,Season 4 Voyage 1,2&3 (only watched up to whats on toonami pondering going ahead do XD)

Edited on by ELI-ASH

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My Animal Crossing/Random Tumblr
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,094. Posted:

It amazes me how the Fate series has gone from generic shonen to dramatic thriller to magical girl show.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,095. Posted:

Never heard of Fate.

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

7,096. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Never heard of Fate.

Here's a wiki page for you.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
A (Former) News Reporter/Opinionated Editorial Writer/Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

7,097. Posted:

I finished off the last of the dubbed Squid Girl today. On occasion I thought the situational humor was painful, but I liked it overall. It was funny and entertaining.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

mamp

7,098. Posted:

GuSilverFlame wrote:

I'm watching Maid-sama as @Konata had sugested some time ago it's really funny! I'm liking it a lot!

I never thought I'd see any show/anime/cartoon that would be sexist towards BOTH genders but this anime really shoves it down your throat. Apparently in that anime all girls(who are not the main character) are weak and defenseless and all the boys are a bunch of perverted, brute, savages they actually state it a bunch of times. Also the part about her not being able to dress up as a maid at any time or any place because somehow people will know her secret doesn't make sense at all and is really stupid.

Marry Me!!!
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

Bassman_Q

7,099. Posted:

mamp wrote:

So anyone watching RWBY on rooster teeth?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGiE10zNQM

Funny, I was tempted to start a thread about it, when I read your comment. :P

I'm really not much of an anime person, with the only ones I've ever watched being Gundam Wing and Gundam 00, along with Crayon Shinchan (Japanese dub; a LOT funnier that way despite only understanding half of what they say), but one of my irl friends recommended I watch RWBY and I'm hooked. The first 3 episodes were kinda eh, but after watching the 4th I got really hooked. Shame they only release 6-7 minutes videos once a week.

Currently obsessed with Fire Emblem: Awakening

3DS FC: COMING SOON
Wii Friend Code (Showcase): 5828 1840 9740 9987
WarioWare DIY FC: 3309 7315 6534
Goldeneye 007 (Wii): 0457 2025 5629

Flipnote Hatena (Haven't been on in over 2 years, btw!)
DIY Wikihouse Page
The Qwikloggery

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,100. Posted:

Watamote is REALLY FREAKING DISTRESSINGLY RELATABLE

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/