General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,061 to 7,080 of 10,478

AuthorMessage

mamp

7,061. Posted:

So anyone watching RWBY on rooster teeth?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sGiE10zNQM

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,062. Posted:

One complaint for Evangelion I find irritating is disliking it because the characters are broken, when in some way, everyone has some sort of problem, no one's perfect, we're all broken souls.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,063. Posted:

I liked Evangelion but mainly because i could relate to the main character. I can totally see how other people might not like it as much.

My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH
Just got a WiiU if you added me on 3ds feel free to add me on this too.

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,064. Posted:

I have no idea how to feel about Angel Beats so far but it has some of the best slapstick I've seen in any anime, so that's something.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

7,065. Posted:

Rebuild of Evangelion fixes Shinji almost completely.

I'm more annoyed by the average shounen's main character: shouting, over-sharing and generally being obnoxious.

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

7,066. Posted:

ELI-ASH wrote:

Just recently learned that One Piece is back on TV. Defiantly a must watch every week. The drama that this series has,hits so deep at times. I love it,unlike anyother shonen.

Its actually been back since May, and at this point, the drama will come sooner or later.

Backloggery. Now playing: Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Pac-Man World, SteamWorld Dig, The Legendary Starfy, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, Kirby & the Amazing Mirror and Ufouria: The Saga.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

7,067. Posted:

Favorite Anime

1.)FMA/FMAB
2.)Cowboy Bebop
3.)Darker Than Black

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,068. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Favorite Anime

1.)FMA/FMAB
2.)Cowboy Bebop
3.)Darker Than Black

if you swap FMA(didn't like the ending and didn't watch brotherhood) for Durarara! you get my top3!

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,069. Posted:

@ELI-ASH
I know what you mean. Since I'm rather introverted, I found it easy to relate to Shinji, and I feel like I would react similarly to him in the situations.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,070. Posted:

I feel like after Angel Beats I might not watch more series (barring a new anime for the Fall/Winter and the multiple series I'm currently watching for seemingly forever aside) for a while. Too much stuff happening, have to cut something out, and it isn't like I have too many previous decade anime left I want to watch.

But I'm already pretty confident what I'm watching next year for older stuff anyway, Kimi ni Todoke season 2 and barring Evangelion, as much Gainax as possible. I've somehow avoided every single series they've made outside of Evangelion and FLCL, which is odd. Probably will rewatch FLCL because it was glorious years ago and it's short anyway.

Another idea is I might try another magical girl series, except AN ACTUALLY GOOD ONE. Cardcaptor Sakura comes to mind, and it might make for some fun nostalgia since I did grow up with the terrible dub.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Blaze

7,071. Posted:

@kkslider5552000 Hope you enjoy Angel Beats! It's probably my favourite anime, although it definitely gets progressively better. Shame it was so short though. :(

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

AuthorMessage

ShadowFox254

7,072. Posted:

My favorite anime shows.
Yu Yu hakusho, Rurouni Kenshin, Gundam Wing, G Gundam, HnK, Demon King Daimao, Eyeshield 21, Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero, and Angel Beats.

Edited on by ShadowFox254

SSBB FC: 4469-2472-6865

Pokémon Safari: Bergmite, Delibird, and Piloswine.

You can become anything and go anywhere.

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6582-2763

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,073. Posted:

Since people have been listing their favorites, I'll do so too (heavy nostalgia bias warning):

5. Eureka 7

4. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

3. Rurouni Kenshin

2. InuYasha

1. Dragon Ball Z

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

7,074. Posted:

Started watching One piece again, at episode 173.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

7,075. Posted:

I feel the same way about FLCL as kkslider - it's not sheer brilliance but it's fun to blast through on an afternoon since it's about the length of a movie. And as for top 5...

5. Mushishi

4. Cowboy Bebop (After omitting a few select episodes)

3. Clannad After Story (episodes 10-24, the ones before 10 I don't think are too great)

2. Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad

1. Honey and Clover

Man that's a lot of SoL :p

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

mamp

7,076. Posted:

5. School Rumble
4. Zatch Bell
3. The poor man's Gintama AKA Sket Dance (LOL)
2. Fullmetal Alchemist brotherhood
1. Yu-Yu Hakusho

Also since @kkslider5552000 brought up Magical girls, I just recently discovered that Winx Club episodes are in the 100s I remember seeing that years ago when it barely came out in the US and it looked kinda meh the animation was pretty cheap. But then I was just randomly going through youtube vids and it led me to this new transformation they have http://youtu.be/dkH_oNyDi_o (the shows budget has improved since I last saw it LOL) I was thinking if I should watch it I mean 120 something episodes might mean it's good but I would like a second opinion, has anyone seen it?

Edited on by mamp

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,077. Posted:

AWE Me's Man At Arms (which recently made news here for forging the Master Sword) has a new video up where he forges Ichigo's Zangetsu.

It isn't my favorite work of his, but it was still pretty neat (I loved it when they sliced open that bottle of bleach, lol).

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

7,078. Posted:

Since all the cool kids are doing it:

5) Planetes
4) Baccano!
3) Kids on the Slope
2) Steins;Gate
1) Cowboy Bebop

With a solid dozen or so more shows that could easily slide into slots 4 and 5; I'm just in a Baccano! and Planetes kind of mood right now, I guess.

Anyway, I took something of an extended break from anime for the past couple of months, after overloading myself with it during spring. So now I'm slowly trying to finish all of the stuff I'd left partially finished (The Devil is a Part-Timer! was first up, next will either be Blood-C or Tsuritama) and catch up on One Piece.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Warruz

7,079. Posted:

GustavoSF wrote:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Favorite Anime

1.)FMA/FMAB
2.)Cowboy Bebop
3.)Darker Than Black

if you swap FMA(didn't like the ending and didn't watch brotherhood) for Durarara! you get my top3!

Watch brotherhood, especially if you enjoyed the first half of FMA as Brotherhood follows the manga and is A LOT BETTER

Check out my Video Game Podcast / Website - Pauseyourgame.com

Twitter: Warruz

AuthorMessage

moomoo

7,080. Posted:

I guess I'll list my top 5 as well.
5) Fullmetal Alchemist 2003
4) Neon Genesis Evangelion
3) Baccano!
2) Cowboy Bebop
1) Steins;Gate

Trigun, Death Note, Welcome to the NHK, Madoka Magica, and Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu would round out my top 10.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14