General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 7,041 to 7,060 of 10,052

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,041. Posted:

Well I'm watching more Sou Eater again...need to watch some more One Piece and Bleach...and then there's Attack on Titan..been behind.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,042. Posted:

Just recently learned that One Piece is back on TV. Defiantly a must watch every week. The drama that this series has,hits so deep at times. I love it,unlike anyother shonen.

Animal Crossing NewLeaf Rulz!!
Town of Paradise Mayor:Eli_Ash
My youtube channel
current lets play "Torneco's mystery dungeon"
PSN:ELI-ASH

3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,043. Posted:

ELI-ASH wrote:

Just recently learned that One Piece is back on TV. Defiantly a must watch every week. The drama that this series has,hits so deep at times. I love it,unlike anyother shonen.

Yeah, I've been watching it ever since it premiered earlier this year (on Toonami AS), and while I have been enjoying it, any amount of drama it has had so far, is completely nullified by the show's goofy demeanor.

In it's defense though, they've only shown a more goofy arc so far (the Davy Back fight), so I'll see if it can deliver the drama in the next arc, which I hear is one of the series' best (Water 7).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,044. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

ELI-ASH wrote:

Yeah, I've been watching it ever since it premiered earlier this year (on Toonami AS), and while I have been enjoying it, any amount of drama it has had so far, is completely nullified by the show's goofy demeanor.

In it's defense though, they've only shown a more goofy arc so far (the Davy Back fight), so I'll see if it can deliver the drama in the next arc, which I hear is one of the series' best (Water 7).

Davey back fight was more or less a much need comedy filler after the lengthy Skypieia arc.The show isn't normally like that at all.Its more serious,you'll see.
Yup Water 7 is my personal favorite arc.

My youtube channel

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

7,045. Posted:

So how would you guys rank the big 4 shonen anime in terms of filler? I've only seen Fairy Tail, but from what I've gathered from other internet boards, it goes like this in terms of quality filler.
1. One Piece
2. Fairy Tail
3. Naruto
4. Bleach

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,046. Posted:

@TheKingOfTown
I haven't seen Fairy Tail but i have the other 3 i'll say Bleach has the most filler. followed by Naruto & One Piece in third.

My youtube channel

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

7,047. Posted:

I've only watched Bleach and Fairy Tail, but I would have to rank Bleach's filler above Fairy Tail's. One thing I hate about Fairy Tail filler is that it doesn't have an actual conclusion, and for some reason that really irks me. Bleach has had terrible terrible filler, by it also has one bit of filler that had me on the floor laughing. (I'm not joking, that actually happened.)

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,048. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Very bland filler episode. The last Karakuraiser filler eps were kinda funny in a stupid kinda way, but this one was just ugh.

Naruto - Finally, the tournament has started to get underway! Sasuke's kinda limited in his options, to say the least, and he's not in a very good spot. How will he get out of this one!?

One Piece - For mysterious reasons, except for Robin, all the Strawhats have amnesia! (I'm guessing she avoided the fate by being the only crew member not sleeping) Was a pretty funny episode. Loved when Luffy was trying to catch the reindeer kid.

Soul Eater - Chrona's trying to adjust to everyday life, but it seems like everyone else is being dragged down by his gloom instead. Looks like they have a fight to keep them busy, though. (oh, and why did Marie say she was making tea, when she was CLEARLY making coffee?)

Sword Art Online - Finally, an episode with a happy ending! Looks like Kirito is pretty much invincible now, as he totally owned that entire group of player hunters (seriously, he just sat there and let them hit him for as long as they wanted, because they couldn't hurt him, lol). Also, it continues to be the absolutely best looking show on the block, with some beautiful set pieces.

IGPX - Not watching.

Star Wars: the Clone Wars - Not sure if I'll watch yet.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

7,049. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Bleach - Very bland filler episode.

understatement. From what I saw, that might have been the single most bland and uncreative episode of anime I've ever seen.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,050. Posted:

TheKingOfTown wrote:

So how would you guys rank the big 4 shonen anime in terms of filler? I've only seen Fairy Tail, but from what I've gathered from other internet boards, it goes like this in terms of quality filler.
1. One Piece
2. Fairy Tail
3. Naruto
4. Bleach

I'm assuming you mean the 4 biggest current shonen? (considering the multitude of past shonen that were just as big, if not bigger, than those shows are now, and the eternal Dragon Ball/Z, which is THE shonen)

Anyhow, Bleach is the only one of which I've seen a large amount of filler from, but I'd find it hard to believe that it could possibly get worse than what it offers, lol.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,051. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Bleach - Very bland filler episode.

understatement. From what I saw, that might have been the single most bland and uncreative episode of anime I've ever seen.

I bet they are just trying to make that terrible upcoming Fullbring arc look better by comparison, lol.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

7,052. Posted:

Saw a couple of episodes of Attack on Titan. Kinda looks like a plain shounen with some cool horror elements and some ridiculous over-acting of the stereotypical main lead, but what do I know. Can't see myself finishing this as it is, but I'll give it a few more episodes.

Mawaru Penguindrum's great though.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes: I should be into this more than I am. It's been a bit predictable here and there. "Death Note in space" this is not (yet, am on episode 10).

Rebuild of Evangelion 3 was the biggest disappointment of the year. I appreciate that they were going for something new, but the pacing felt terrible, and the characters I once loved, annoying.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

ELI-ASH

7,053. Posted:

I'm not familiar with whats going on in One Piece i guess its another filler arc(only read the manga from this point) I'm sure it won't be too long till Water 7 finally starts.

@RR529 Yea from what i heard SAO had like a really huge budget so thats why the animation is beyond amazing.

My youtube channel

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,054. Posted:

@Electricmastro yeah I know, the problem is that I'm a little lazy to start the manga AFTER finishing the anime(and so I've decided to read the manga first from now on :) )

looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

7,055. Posted:

I haven't watched Rebuild of Evangelion, but Neon Genesis Evangelion is by far my favorite anime of all time.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

RR529

7,056. Posted:

Well, on the AS message boards, there's a rumor floating around that they're going to air some sort of surprise "special" after Evangelion 2.22 on the 31st.

Of course, you never want to get your hopes up for this sort of thing, but it is kind of exciting.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

7,057. Posted:

@RR529 I think it will be the announcement of Evangelion 3 on DVD

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,058. Posted:

I'm the only person in the world that disliked Evangelion?

my Backloggery

AuthorMessage

moomoo

7,059. Posted:

GustavoSF wrote:

I'm the only person in the world that disliked Evangelion?

No. It's a pretty popular show to hate, actually. So many haters. There's legitimate reasons to dislike it too, mind you, so it's not like it's wrong to think that way.

I'm not one of the people that dislikes it though. It's one of my favorites.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

7,060. Posted:

@moomoo I didn't hate it I just found a little confusing when I first tried to watch(I was a kid) and found the MC insuportably anoying the second time I tried(I might give it another chance later though)

my Backloggery