Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 6,861 to 6,880 of 11,604

RR529

Finished up watching the last 3 episodes of B*stard!! tonight.

I really enjoyed this one (definitely up there with my favorite OVAs), although it didn't have a concrete ending (this OVA series was supposed to run for 8 episodes, and cover the first arc of the manga, but they only made the first 6).

I'll eventually probably try out the manga (although it's long. It started in 1988, and is still going...).

I realize it's a title, but let's use one asterisk please -Lz

Edited on by Lzeon

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

RR529

Read the newest chapter of Bleach today!

SPOILERS

All of Ichigo's friends & family were given guest passes, that will allow them to visit Soul Society anytime they want, in the event Ichigo becomes too powerful to live in the human world after his training. Also, parts of Soul Society are starting to vanish, as it merges with the world the Vandenreich headquarters is in (the battle is drawing near!)

SPOILERS END

There won't be any new chapters for the next 5 weeks, though (grumble grumble...)

Edited on by RR529

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

RevolverLink

I've been re-watching a few anime on Netflix, and I thought I'd just post a couple of quick thoughts:

-It's weird that I always seem to forget this until I re-watch it, but the last decade has been kind to Samurai Champloo. That show still looks flat-out gorgeous.

-SPOILER, I GUESS Even though most of it occurs off-screen, Diva's rape and murder of Riku in Blood+ is still one of the most genuinely shocking and heart-breaking moments I've ever seen in an anime.END OF SPOILER

Edited on by RevolverLink

Avatar - Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Currently Playing - Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, BioShock Infinite, Harvest Moon: Animal Parade
The Revloggery

Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Retro_on_theGo

HO! LY! ****!!
I finished vol. 19 of Bakuman! That was too much! Oh god! D: The duo has to face their biggest obstacle yet as they're coming so close to their dream! I got really emotional during this one! Hahaha. I'm so excited to see how this all ends. Next volume, 20, is the final one. Next month. I can't wait.

kkslider5552000

I read volume 15 of Bakuman a couple of days ago, this manga is almost inspiring to me. Especially since I've had some thoughts recently about trying to get into creative writing, so it's really interesting to me.

This volume really got me with its sense of casual optimism despite Mashiro feeling distant from normal people and just seeing one man in a pathetic state because he got into the business years before and wasted his life and another scared of being in the same situation.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Missed it.

Naruto - Missed it.

One Piece - A deadly match of "Red Light, Green Light"? Ok, I'm ready for this arc to end.

Soul Eater - Well played, wolf guy, well played. Also, the part at the end was a giant mind****.

IGPX - Didn't watch.

Eureka 7 - Okay, looks like stuff is about to hit the fan.

TheKingOfTown

Fairy Tail all of a sudden got really good once they started fighting Phantom. Which is good because I was considering dropping it.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

CanisWolfred

TheKingOfTown wrote:

Fairy Tail all of a sudden got really good once they started fighting Phantom. Which is good because I was considering dropping it.

Dude, I know! I was not really liking it, but then the "'Fairy Tail War" arc made all the difference. Too bad the arc right after it kinda sucks, but the one after that looks good.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Marks

DawnOverALilly wrote:

Black rock shooter got a lot of hype and the OVA was amassing, but I felt that the actual anime came up short.
Still awesome though

I'm glad you still like it. ^^ I prefer the TV version personally but the OVA had a better art style.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

RR529

BTW, After the promo that aired last night, I can't wait for the premier of Sword Art Online next week

It's too bad that they're only bringing back the second season of Big O, though. (liked the first half more)

CanisWolfred

Been watching Hunter X Hunter (2011). I'm up to episode 33. This arc has been extremely interesting, and I think this whole Nen thing is blowing my mind. The fights are also getting pretty good, especially that last one with Hisoka. It took long enough, but this is finally feeling like a shounen anime.

Oh, and did the narrator just spoil something interesting about Hisoka at the end of ep. 32 that probably would've been an interesting surprise?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Sylverstone

Probably late with this, but here are the shows I'm watching for the 2013 summer season:

• Free!
  • Highschool DxD NEW
  • Inu to Hasami wa Tsukaiyou (Dog & Scissors)
  • Kitakubu Katsudou Kiroku (Chronicles of the Going Home Club)
  • Love Lab
  • Servant x Service
  • Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)**
  • Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! (Watamote)

**Carried over from last season.

SK+SE on YT | Sylverstone Khandr + Sylver's Edge: The Portfolio | SK+SE on Twitch | Sylverloggery

"I always try to create new experiences that are fun to play." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

Rocko52

Im back...after a week away. So whats new?

Anime watching: Lupin III (Green Jacket) Diebuster & Ouran Highschool Host Club
Games playing: Metal Gear Solid 2

Magikarp3

Sylverstone wrote:

• Love Lab

Untitled?

^If they made an anime about that I would totally watch it XD

also, how are you finding the Going Home Club? I was thinking of adding it to the SoL list this season but wasn't sure how much moe would be involved haha

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

moomoo

@Rocko52 I just finished watching RahXephon, and I think you'd like it. It's pretty good, and has a lot of similarities with Evangelion while also being its own thing.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic