General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 6,841 to 6,860 of 9,407

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,841. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Yes, l love this part (Don Kannoji trying to fight Aizen, lol). Ichigo continues training.

Naruto - Sasuke went psycho, and with newfound powers, devastated the Sound ninja.

One Piece - I'm looking forward to the next arc, because I'm starting to get bored with these Davy Back games (and Foxy's laugh is getting irritating).

Soul Eater - Another great episode. Mostly dealing with overcoming inner mental demons.

IGPX - didn't watch.

Eureka 7 - Eureka is evolving! Eureka evolved into Butterfree! (Oh, and Dewy is about to strike!)

I liked their new montage about everyone being equal, and to not let anyone keep you down just because you're different. I felt they seriously underused InuYasha video & sound clips for this though. Outside of Naruto, and maybe Eureka 7 (which were both used well here), InuYasha is the only show on the schedule that tackles that exact issue in a meaningful way (with Inuyasha growing up being told he didn't belong anywhere, and was inferior, because he was a half-demon).

BTW, in two weeks, ThunderCats & Sym-Bionic Titan will be leaving the lineup to make way for the premier of Sword Art Online, and return of Big O (aired on both AS, and even the original Toonami, in the past).

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

6,842. Posted:

I watched Silver Spoon, it was hilarious! I'll definitely be looking forward to future episodes. A bad coincidence my last meal was eggs, though.

Best YT show here!
Sony '06 - Still the best E3 ever.
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, Valkyria Chron., Persona 2: IS
Recently beat: Metro: LL, Ys: MoC, Sly 4
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

6,843. Posted:

Totally agree with Silver Spoon, it's shaping up to be an excellent slice of life series! I thought the first episode was a little frenetic, but the cast is very likeable. Also, the eggs D:

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
Interested in games as art?

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

arrmixer

6,844. Posted:

Thanks for the tip on titans everyone. I actually like this one. :)

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

3DS Friend Code: 3539-9596-6040 | Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,845. Posted:

Well I've watched both parts of A-Ko the Versus (on YouTube)!

This is a completely seperate story from the four original films (although it's implied at the end that they are parallel universes).

In this two film series, A-ko & B-ko are bounty hunters living on a desert planet, and are trying to rescue C-ko (the daughter of a corporate bigwig here) from an ancient cult trying to destroy & rebuild the universe.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

6,846. Posted:

Don Konoji filler in Bleach is painful. Episode 50 was such waste. Don really starts to getting annoying soon. He is just a painful reacurring character.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

6,847. Posted:

I liked the first episode of Fantasista Doll (Fantasia Doll?). It was nothing special though so I'll just ignore it until a decent number of episodes are out.
Here's hoping it gets milked like crazy in merchandise. I wouldn't mind a trading card game based on it.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Konata

6,848. Posted:

Oh my lord Brother's Conflict.
...What the crap have I gotten myself into.

I, can't even begin to describe what I just watched. I just.. Ahhh I don't know what to say >_<.

Okay so like 2 seconds in there's a talking squirrel. 4 minutes in a step brother starts hitting on her. 15 minutes in a DIFFERENT brother hits on her and by episode 2, you can tell 5 of the stepbrothers are in love with her.
Why do these stepbrothers think it's okay to fall in love with their stepsister?
I don't understand x3.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,849. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

Don Konoji filler in Bleach is painful. Episode 50 was such waste. Don really starts to getting annoying soon. He is just a painful reacurring character.

Don Kannoji doesn't appear that often, at all. I could be wrong, but I think his only appearances are:

• When he first appears, and helps Ichigo with the hollow (canon)
  • One, or possibly two, episodes during the entirety of the Soul Society arc (filler)
  • Two episodes during the entirety of the Arrancar/Hueco Mundo arc (filler)
  • During the fight with the main villain of the Arrancar/Hueco Mundo arc (canon).

He may appear in the filler arcs, but TBH, I don't think I remember any.

I actually kind of wish he'd appear more often (around the main characters though, and not the side stories he's usually involved in). He's kind of like Bleach's Hercule.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Konata

6,850. Posted:

Since the anime I was PLANNING on watching isn't panning out I'm finally gonna watch SAO which I was gonna watch a long time ago but never got to.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

6,851. Posted:

Can't decide if I should go on a movie binge again or finish old shows.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,852. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I, can't even begin to describe what I just watched. I just.. Ahhh I don't know what to say >_<.

Okay so like 2 seconds in there's a talking squirrel. 4 minutes in a step brother starts hitting on her. 15 minutes in a DIFFERENT brother hits on her and by episode 2, you can tell 5 of the stepbrothers are in love with her.
Why do these stepbrothers think it's okay to fall in love with their stepsister?
I don't understand x3.

I saw the title and the the promo pic for that, and was like "crap, this is gonna be another incest harem anime, isn't it?" Though I read the description and it sounded like it might actually avoid that direction...sorry to hear my first inkling was right. If I had known, I might've warned you...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

6,853. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I don't understand x3.

Because Japan.

CanisWolfred wrote:

I saw the title and the the promo pic for that, and was like "crap, this is gonna be another incest harem anime, isn't it?" Though I read the description and it sounded like it might actually avoid that direction...sorry to hear my first inkling was right. If I had known, I might've warned you...

At least the fujoshis are getting some animes tossed their way with that and Free!.

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

6,854. Posted:

@EdJericho careful with that f word :p we don't want to scare people away because we're judging them lol

At least we can agree that Free! is moderately better than Baywatch.

Edited on by Jollykarp

"This is the best gift I can give to you right now. A gift without form called "memory". I don't have any money. I can't buy you anything with form. Even so, even without a form, a memory will last forever! I believe that it will."

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

6,855. Posted:

Brothers are going after their dead brothers wife? That's kind of wrong, well at least I hope he's dead.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Konata

6,856. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Yeah I read the description and I was totally crossing my fingers hoping it wouldn't be some weird anime.
...Well that FAILED.

Edited on by Konata

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,857. Posted:

I watched the first three episodes of Bastard!! on YouTube! (It's a six epidode OVA)

Long story short, 4 warlords are about to conquer the world (and soon thereafter release a monster that will destroy the world), and as a last ditch effort, the last vestages of civilization unseal a powerful sorcerer, in the hopes he will stop them (as he has world domination goals of his own).

I'm really enjoying this so far. I'm a big fan of the art style, the action is great, and the blend of lightheartedness & seriousness is perfect. It does tend to lean a bit heavy on the innuendo & fanservice, though.

I'd say it's kind of giving off the same vibes as Fatal Fury II: the New Battle & Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture, in terms of content.

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,858. Posted:

Also, a bunch of stuff has been added, since I last watched this guy's stuff (on YouTube):

• Wrath of the Ninja - the Yotoden Movie
  • Madox 01
  • Wild 7: Biker Knights
  • Wicked City
  • Demon City Shinjuku
  • Dominion Tank Police
  • Bounty Dog

Any ideas if any of these are good?

Sorry for the double post, BTW.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

6,859. Posted:

Checked out Servant x Service, and it was very funny! A little frenetic again though, but the main cast is excellent. The balance between mundane life and silliness reminds me a lot of the US Office.

So far, this season looks great for SoL fans!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

6,860. Posted:

My friend lent me Bakuman 18 and 19!!!! So excited to read them!!!

My Colors! 3D Gallery