General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 6,841 to 6,860 of 11,093

AuthorMessage
8BitSamurai

8BitSamurai

6,841. Posted:

I watched Silver Spoon, it was hilarious! I'll definitely be looking forward to future episodes. A bad coincidence my last meal was eggs, though.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Magikarp3

Magikarp3

6,842. Posted:

Totally agree with Silver Spoon, it's shaping up to be an excellent slice of life series! I thought the first episode was a little frenetic, but the cast is very likeable. Also, the eggs D:

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage
arrmixer

arrmixer

6,843. Posted:

Thanks for the tip on titans everyone. I actually like this one. :)

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

Nintendo Network ID: armixer

AuthorMessage
RR529

RR529

6,844. Posted:

Well I've watched both parts of A-Ko the Versus (on YouTube)!

This is a completely seperate story from the four original films (although it's implied at the end that they are parallel universes).

In this two film series, A-ko & B-ko are bounty hunters living on a desert planet, and are trying to rescue C-ko (the daughter of a corporate bigwig here) from an ancient cult trying to destroy & rebuild the universe.

Playing: Dragon Quest V (AND)

Watching: Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix) Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Netflix), InuYasha: the Final Act (Toonami), DBZ Kai (Toonami)

AuthorMessage
Jaz007

Jaz007

6,845. Posted:

Don Konoji filler in Bleach is painful. Episode 50 was such waste. Don really starts to getting annoying soon. He is just a painful reacurring character.

Jaz007

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

6,846. Posted:

I liked the first episode of Fantasista Doll (Fantasia Doll?). It was nothing special though so I'll just ignore it until a decent number of episodes are out.
Here's hoping it gets milked like crazy in merchandise. I wouldn't mind a trading card game based on it.

Help get Starr Mazer on consoles at starrmazer.com!
My Deviant Art! Feel free to browse my work!
My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
Arianabtd

Arianabtd

6,847. Posted:

Oh my lord Brother's Conflict.
...What the crap have I gotten myself into.

I, can't even begin to describe what I just watched. I just.. Ahhh I don't know what to say >_<.

Okay so like 2 seconds in there's a talking squirrel. 4 minutes in a step brother starts hitting on her. 15 minutes in a DIFFERENT brother hits on her and by episode 2, you can tell 5 of the stepbrothers are in love with her.
Why do these stepbrothers think it's okay to fall in love with their stepsister?
I don't understand x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
RR529

RR529

6,848. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

Don Konoji filler in Bleach is painful. Episode 50 was such waste. Don really starts to getting annoying soon. He is just a painful reacurring character.

Don Kannoji doesn't appear that often, at all. I could be wrong, but I think his only appearances are:

• When he first appears, and helps Ichigo with the hollow (canon)
  • One, or possibly two, episodes during the entirety of the Soul Society arc (filler)
  • Two episodes during the entirety of the Arrancar/Hueco Mundo arc (filler)
  • During the fight with the main villain of the Arrancar/Hueco Mundo arc (canon).

He may appear in the filler arcs, but TBH, I don't think I remember any.

I actually kind of wish he'd appear more often (around the main characters though, and not the side stories he's usually involved in). He's kind of like Bleach's Hercule.

Watching: Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix) Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey (Netflix), InuYasha: the Final Act (Toonami), DBZ Kai (Toonami)

AuthorMessage
Arianabtd

Arianabtd

6,849. Posted:

Since the anime I was PLANNING on watching isn't panning out I'm finally gonna watch SAO which I was gonna watch a long time ago but never got to.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

6,850. Posted:

Can't decide if I should go on a movie binge again or finish old shows.

My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

6,851. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I, can't even begin to describe what I just watched. I just.. Ahhh I don't know what to say >_<.

Okay so like 2 seconds in there's a talking squirrel. 4 minutes in a step brother starts hitting on her. 15 minutes in a DIFFERENT brother hits on her and by episode 2, you can tell 5 of the stepbrothers are in love with her.
Why do these stepbrothers think it's okay to fall in love with their stepsister?
I don't understand x3.

I saw the title and the the promo pic for that, and was like "crap, this is gonna be another incest harem anime, isn't it?" Though I read the description and it sounded like it might actually avoid that direction...sorry to hear my first inkling was right. If I had known, I might've warned you...

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!

AuthorMessage
EdJericho

EdJericho

6,852. Posted:

Konata wrote:

I don't understand x3.

Because Japan.

CanisWolfred wrote:

I saw the title and the the promo pic for that, and was like "crap, this is gonna be another incest harem anime, isn't it?" Though I read the description and it sounded like it might actually avoid that direction...sorry to hear my first inkling was right. If I had known, I might've warned you...

At least the fujoshis are getting some animes tossed their way with that and Free!.

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage
Magikarp3

Magikarp3

6,853. Posted:

@EdJericho careful with that f word :p we don't want to scare people away because we're judging them lol

At least we can agree that Free! is moderately better than Baywatch.

Edited on by Magikarp3

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

AuthorMessage
Jaz007

Jaz007

6,854. Posted:

Brothers are going after their dead brothers wife? That's kind of wrong, well at least I hope he's dead.

Jaz007

AuthorMessage
Arianabtd

Arianabtd

6,855. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Yeah I read the description and I was totally crossing my fingers hoping it wouldn't be some weird anime.
...Well that FAILED.

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage
RR529

RR529

6,856. Posted:

I watched the first three episodes of Bastard!! on YouTube! (It's a six epidode OVA)

Long story short, 4 warlords are about to conquer the world (and soon thereafter release a monster that will destroy the world), and as a last ditch effort, the last vestages of civilization unseal a powerful sorcerer, in the hopes he will stop them (as he has world domination goals of his own).

I'm really enjoying this so far. I'm a big fan of the art style, the action is great, and the blend of lightheartedness & seriousness is perfect. It does tend to lean a bit heavy on the innuendo & fanservice, though.

I'd say it's kind of giving off the same vibes as Fatal Fury II: the New Battle & Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture, in terms of content.

AuthorMessage
RR529

RR529

6,857. Posted:

Also, a bunch of stuff has been added, since I last watched this guy's stuff (on YouTube):

• Wrath of the Ninja - the Yotoden Movie
  • Madox 01
  • Wild 7: Biker Knights
  • Wicked City
  • Demon City Shinjuku
  • Dominion Tank Police
  • Bounty Dog

Any ideas if any of these are good?

Sorry for the double post, BTW.

Edited on by RR529

AuthorMessage
Magikarp3

Magikarp3

6,858. Posted:

Checked out Servant x Service, and it was very funny! A little frenetic again though, but the main cast is excellent. The balance between mundane life and silliness reminds me a lot of the US Office.

So far, this season looks great for SoL fans!

AuthorMessage
Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo

6,859. Posted:

My friend lent me Bakuman 18 and 19!!!! So excited to read them!!!

My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage
CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred

6,860. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Also, a bunch of stuff has been added, since I last watched this guy's stuff (on YouTube):

• Wrath of the Ninja - the Yotoden Movie
  • Madox 01
  • Wild 7: Biker Knights
  • Wicked City
  • Demon City Shinjuku
  • Dominion Tank Police
  • Bounty Dog

Any ideas if any of these are good?

Sorry for the double post, BTW.

Dominion Tank Police is a really fun watch, and Madox 01 was okay from what I remember. Wrath of the Ninja is apparently pretty good, but I haven't seen it myself (yet). Also, stay far away from Wicked City.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

This Hand of Mine Glows With An Awesome POWER!!! It's Burning Grip Tells Me to Defeat You!!!

I am the Wolf...Red
Wolfrun

Arooo~

Kyoji!!!!!!