Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 6,821 to 6,840 of 11,856

CanisWolfred

Yeah, there doesn't seem to be much standing out this season. Which means it's backlog time!

...I hate backlog time. >_< I can never decide which ones to go with...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

John_1029 wrote:

I really hope the Code-Name NX is not a sandwich oven.

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RR529

Has anyone been watching Eccentric Family? They covered it on Imagine-Nation earlier this week, and it sounds kind of interesting.

It covers the daily exploits of a family of Tanuki (disguised as humans) living amongst humans in Kyoto, butting heads with a rival Tanuki family, and interacting with a disgraced Tengu (who has lost his powers), and a human woman with Tengu powers (the former apprentice of said disgraced Tengu).

It's kind of a slice-of-life, comedy, drama, from what I understand. It's 13 episodes.

Edited on by RR529

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Magikarp3

RR529 wrote:

Has anyone been watching Eccentric Family? They covered it on Imagine-Nation earlier this week, and it sounds kind of interesting.

It covers the daily exploits of a family of Tanuki (disguised as humans) living amongst humans in Kyoto, butting heads with a rival Tanuki family, and interacting with a disgraced Tengu (who has lost his powers), and a human woman with Tengu powers (the former apprentice of said disgraced Tengu).

It's kind of a slice-of-life, comedy, drama, from what I understand. It's 13 episodes.

/checks Crunchyroll

Well, I'm watching it now! Thanks for the tip

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Arianabtd

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

How is Oreshura, anyone watching it? The art looks really nice and I want to watch it for that alone but... It's a harem about girls trying to get with a guy fake dating the popular girl in school. :/ Sounds like I would hate it.

Started that one a couple months back. Never finished but its okay I guess. I just found other things to watch so I never went back.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Ok. I watched Rozen Maiden and Watamote. I did not like Rozen Maiden at all. That was way too fast paced. I don't think I'll watch it.
Watamote was pretty funny. I'll watch a few more episodes to see if it gets any better.

EDIT: As expected the animes I was most excited for are the ones that I enjoyed the most. (Kiniro Mosaic and Stella Women's Academy Club C3) I was hoping for a nice surprise. Well, I still have a bit more to watch before I've seen the first episode of everything I was anticipating. I'm gonna decide what to keep up with this summer today.
So far I LOVE Kiniro Mosaic!! The art is beautiful and the music is wonderful!! The music is just so good! The Engrish is adorable too. Looking forward to this one.
EDIT2: Basically, c3 is K-on! with guns. I LOVE IT!! The music is amazing too. Boy I hope these shows get a CD ost.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Magikarp3

@Retro well, that's enough recommendation for me. I'll be watching Kirino Mosaic this season too! And K-on with guns? Sounds like Sora No Woto haha

Is Silver Spoon out? That one sounds interesting as well.

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Yes, l love this part (Don Kannoji trying to fight Aizen, lol). Ichigo continues training.

Naruto - Sasuke went psycho, and with newfound powers, devastated the Sound ninja.

One Piece - I'm looking forward to the next arc, because I'm starting to get bored with these Davy Back games (and Foxy's laugh is getting irritating).

Soul Eater - Another great episode. Mostly dealing with overcoming inner mental demons.

IGPX - didn't watch.

Eureka 7 - Eureka is evolving! Eureka evolved into Butterfree! (Oh, and Dewy is about to strike!)

I liked their new montage about everyone being equal, and to not let anyone keep you down just because you're different. I felt they seriously underused InuYasha video & sound clips for this though. Outside of Naruto, and maybe Eureka 7 (which were both used well here), InuYasha is the only show on the schedule that tackles that exact issue in a meaningful way (with Inuyasha growing up being told he didn't belong anywhere, and was inferior, because he was a half-demon).

BTW, in two weeks, ThunderCats & Sym-Bionic Titan will be leaving the lineup to make way for the premier of Sword Art Online, and return of Big O (aired on both AS, and even the original Toonami, in the past).

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

8BitSamurai

I watched Silver Spoon, it was hilarious! I'll definitely be looking forward to future episodes. A bad coincidence my last meal was eggs, though.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

Magikarp3

Totally agree with Silver Spoon, it's shaping up to be an excellent slice of life series! I thought the first episode was a little frenetic, but the cast is very likeable. Also, the eggs D:

arrmixer

Thanks for the tip on titans everyone. I actually like this one.

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

Nintendo Network ID: armixer

RR529

Well I've watched both parts of A-Ko the Versus (on YouTube)!

This is a completely seperate story from the four original films (although it's implied at the end that they are parallel universes).

In this two film series, A-ko & B-ko are bounty hunters living on a desert planet, and are trying to rescue C-ko (the daughter of a corporate bigwig here) from an ancient cult trying to destroy & rebuild the universe.

Jaz007

Don Konoji filler in Bleach is painful. Episode 50 was such waste. Don really starts to getting annoying soon. He is just a painful reacurring character.

Jaz007

Arianabtd

Oh my lord Brother's Conflict.
...What the crap have I gotten myself into.

I, can't even begin to describe what I just watched. I just.. Ahhh I don't know what to say >_<.

Okay so like 2 seconds in there's a talking squirrel. 4 minutes in a step brother starts hitting on her. 15 minutes in a DIFFERENT brother hits on her and by episode 2, you can tell 5 of the stepbrothers are in love with her.
Why do these stepbrothers think it's okay to fall in love with their stepsister?
I don't understand x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic