Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 6,821 to 6,840 of 11,784

RR529

Has anyone been watching Eccentric Family? They covered it on Imagine-Nation earlier this week, and it sounds kind of interesting.

It covers the daily exploits of a family of Tanuki (disguised as humans) living amongst humans in Kyoto, butting heads with a rival Tanuki family, and interacting with a disgraced Tengu (who has lost his powers), and a human woman with Tengu powers (the former apprentice of said disgraced Tengu).

It's kind of a slice-of-life, comedy, drama, from what I understand. It's 13 episodes.

Edited on by RR529

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Magikarp3

RR529 wrote:

Has anyone been watching Eccentric Family? They covered it on Imagine-Nation earlier this week, and it sounds kind of interesting.

It covers the daily exploits of a family of Tanuki (disguised as humans) living amongst humans in Kyoto, butting heads with a rival Tanuki family, and interacting with a disgraced Tengu (who has lost his powers), and a human woman with Tengu powers (the former apprentice of said disgraced Tengu).

It's kind of a slice-of-life, comedy, drama, from what I understand. It's 13 episodes.

/checks Crunchyroll

Well, I'm watching it now! Thanks for the tip

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Arianabtd

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

How is Oreshura, anyone watching it? The art looks really nice and I want to watch it for that alone but... It's a harem about girls trying to get with a guy fake dating the popular girl in school. :/ Sounds like I would hate it.

Started that one a couple months back. Never finished but its okay I guess. I just found other things to watch so I never went back.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Retro_on_theGo

Ok. I watched Rozen Maiden and Watamote. I did not like Rozen Maiden at all. That was way too fast paced. I don't think I'll watch it.
Watamote was pretty funny. I'll watch a few more episodes to see if it gets any better.

EDIT: As expected the animes I was most excited for are the ones that I enjoyed the most. (Kiniro Mosaic and Stella Women's Academy Club C3) I was hoping for a nice surprise. Well, I still have a bit more to watch before I've seen the first episode of everything I was anticipating. I'm gonna decide what to keep up with this summer today.
So far I LOVE Kiniro Mosaic!! The art is beautiful and the music is wonderful!! The music is just so good! The Engrish is adorable too. Looking forward to this one.
EDIT2: Basically, c3 is K-on! with guns. I LOVE IT!! The music is amazing too. Boy I hope these shows get a CD ost.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Magikarp3

@Retro well, that's enough recommendation for me. I'll be watching Kirino Mosaic this season too! And K-on with guns? Sounds like Sora No Woto haha

Is Silver Spoon out? That one sounds interesting as well.

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - Yes, l love this part (Don Kannoji trying to fight Aizen, lol). Ichigo continues training.

Naruto - Sasuke went psycho, and with newfound powers, devastated the Sound ninja.

One Piece - I'm looking forward to the next arc, because I'm starting to get bored with these Davy Back games (and Foxy's laugh is getting irritating).

Soul Eater - Another great episode. Mostly dealing with overcoming inner mental demons.

IGPX - didn't watch.

Eureka 7 - Eureka is evolving! Eureka evolved into Butterfree! (Oh, and Dewy is about to strike!)

I liked their new montage about everyone being equal, and to not let anyone keep you down just because you're different. I felt they seriously underused InuYasha video & sound clips for this though. Outside of Naruto, and maybe Eureka 7 (which were both used well here), InuYasha is the only show on the schedule that tackles that exact issue in a meaningful way (with Inuyasha growing up being told he didn't belong anywhere, and was inferior, because he was a half-demon).

BTW, in two weeks, ThunderCats & Sym-Bionic Titan will be leaving the lineup to make way for the premier of Sword Art Online, and return of Big O (aired on both AS, and even the original Toonami, in the past).

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

8BitSamurai

I watched Silver Spoon, it was hilarious! I'll definitely be looking forward to future episodes. A bad coincidence my last meal was eggs, though.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

Magikarp3

Totally agree with Silver Spoon, it's shaping up to be an excellent slice of life series! I thought the first episode was a little frenetic, but the cast is very likeable. Also, the eggs D:

arrmixer

Thanks for the tip on titans everyone. I actually like this one.

proud Wii u Owner and
Fortunate to receive a 3ds XL from my other half
Feel free to add

ARR

Nintendo Network ID: armixer

RR529

Well I've watched both parts of A-Ko the Versus (on YouTube)!

This is a completely seperate story from the four original films (although it's implied at the end that they are parallel universes).

In this two film series, A-ko & B-ko are bounty hunters living on a desert planet, and are trying to rescue C-ko (the daughter of a corporate bigwig here) from an ancient cult trying to destroy & rebuild the universe.

Jaz007

Don Konoji filler in Bleach is painful. Episode 50 was such waste. Don really starts to getting annoying soon. He is just a painful reacurring character.

Jaz007

Arianabtd

Oh my lord Brother's Conflict.
...What the crap have I gotten myself into.

I, can't even begin to describe what I just watched. I just.. Ahhh I don't know what to say >_<.

Okay so like 2 seconds in there's a talking squirrel. 4 minutes in a step brother starts hitting on her. 15 minutes in a DIFFERENT brother hits on her and by episode 2, you can tell 5 of the stepbrothers are in love with her.
Why do these stepbrothers think it's okay to fall in love with their stepsister?
I don't understand x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic