General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 6,781 to 6,800 of 10,054

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,781. Posted:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Can anybody tell me what episode Soul Eater on Toonami is currently on.

You can always just watch it online.

not as fun

...not even joking about that. The set schedule and other people to discuss it with makes it more fun. Probably the main reason I've decided to watch any new season anime ever.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

DawnOverALilly

6,782. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

the ones i missed,i will

I just watch all my T.V and read my Manga online. I don't Wana wait for it!

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of that.
Marisa- That's a definite no.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,783. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

DawnOverALilly wrote:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

not as fun

...not even joking about that. The set schedule and other people to discuss it with makes it more fun. Probably the main reason I've decided to watch any new season anime ever.

It's also nice to have something extra to look forward to on the weekend.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

6,784. Posted:

So since I haven't cared for Naruto in ages is the plot still coherent or has it been forced to keep running for money at this point?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

DawnOverALilly

6,785. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So since I haven't cared for Naruto in ages is the plot still coherent or has it been forced to keep running for money at this point?

Its been a little off and on, the last chapter there was a big twist though and that was good. Most people are saying it will end this year and I am saying that as well.

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of that.
Marisa- That's a definite no.

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

6,786. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

The set schedule and other people to discuss it with makes it more fun. Probably the main reason I've decided to watch any new season anime ever.

You're quite possibly the opposite of me. I refrain from watching new season stuff just because there's so much episode-by-episode breakdowns on the net. Spoilers (even mild ones) matter for me when I'm in the middle of a series, but I don't care at all if I hear them before I start watching. I never tend to remember them while I'm watching anyway. Plus, I somehow feel terrible if I miss an episode or watch it a few days later.

Which is precisely why I'm going to watch Attack on Titan and Gargantia after they finish.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,787. Posted:

Well, anyone...should I skip Watership Island Arc?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,788. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Well, anyone...should I skip Watership Island Arc?

Up to you. Some people love it, some people hate it. I thought it was alright, but overall it's not essential.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,789. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Thing is, I really want to move on to the Baroque Works Saga cause after Loguetown it just kinda feels like East Blue IS over...which it technically is.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,790. Posted:

It's pretty meh but it basically takes a chapter's worth of "this info is important" type of explaining for the Grand Line etc. and puts parts of it in random things that happen during this filler arc...it's really weird. Maybe read a wiki on the arc or something.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

6,791. Posted:

So I just finished season one of the Flowers of Evil. I am so mad right now. SO MAD. It was as if the final episode was tailor made to pull the rug from under everyone and be downright offensive to the viewers :p

I just want to watch something light, fluffy and totally asinine now :(

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,792. Posted:

After watching the opening a hundred times, and reading a lot about it (which is sorta what happened with Evangelion) I think I'll watch Soul Eater. (FMA B is on hold for now, Gargantia is finished)

So should I watch it subbed or dubbed?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,793. Posted:

@rocko - Either one will do, but I liked watching it dubbed because it features some of my favorite anime Voice talent.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,794. Posted:

I've heard the ending isn't that great and that it deviates greatly from the manga. (Not that I object to heavy deviations if the show's made early in the manga's run, like FMA) Without spoiling anything, is there ever a point I should stop, and read the manga?

On a seperate note, for my birthday a little over a week ago I recieved some actual manga (since I haven't owned any yet) and they were the first volumes of Trigun, Bleach, One Piece, and FMA. I noticed, that even though the first FMA anim heavily deviates, it follows that first volume pretty well, with some deviations, and movements of timeline. But the first episode of FMA B, the anime that's supposed to be uber faithful to the manga, wasn't even covered in Volume 1, whereas the first two episodes of FMA followed the first two chapters. (Admittedly, chapter 3 becomes episode 8 or 9 if memory serves right, and it was delegated as part of the flashback sequence that never happened in the manga)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,795. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

I've heard the ending isn't that great and that it deviates greatly from the manga. (Not that I object to heavy deviations if the show's made early in the manga's run, like FMA) Without spoiling anything, is there ever a point I should stop, and read the manga?

Well, it splits off from the Manga completely somewhere in the 30s, but honestly, I'd just watch the whole thing anyways. You'd probably have to start the manga from the beginning anyways since there are a lot of differences throughout the series.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,796. Posted:

Well, I watched the prologue, or first three episodes (one to introduce each team) last night. I really enjoyed them. And that opening is just killer.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,797. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Well, I watched the prologue, or first three episodes (one to introduce each team) last night. I really enjoyed them. And that opening is just killer.

Indeed it is. I got it on my iPod, listen to it practically every day.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,798. Posted:

Are the other openings as good?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,799. Posted:

Black Paper Moon is nowhere near as amazing as Resonance, though it's still worth a few listens, IMO.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,800. Posted:

I can't help but feel that Soul Eater was at least partially influenced by Harry Potter.