Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 6,781 to 6,800 of 11,802

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
Thing is, I really want to move on to the Baroque Works Saga cause after Loguetown it just kinda feels like East Blue IS over...which it technically is.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

kkslider5552000

It's pretty meh but it basically takes a chapter's worth of "this info is important" type of explaining for the Grand Line etc. and puts parts of it in random things that happen during this filler arc...it's really weird. Maybe read a wiki on the arc or something.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Magikarp3

So I just finished season one of the Flowers of Evil. I am so mad right now. SO MAD. It was as if the final episode was tailor made to pull the rug from under everyone and be downright offensive to the viewers

I just want to watch something light, fluffy and totally asinine now

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Rocko52

After watching the opening a hundred times, and reading a lot about it (which is sorta what happened with Evangelion) I think I'll watch Soul Eater. (FMA B is on hold for now, Gargantia is finished)

So should I watch it subbed or dubbed?

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

Rocko52

I've heard the ending isn't that great and that it deviates greatly from the manga. (Not that I object to heavy deviations if the show's made early in the manga's run, like FMA) Without spoiling anything, is there ever a point I should stop, and read the manga?

On a seperate note, for my birthday a little over a week ago I recieved some actual manga (since I haven't owned any yet) and they were the first volumes of Trigun, Bleach, One Piece, and FMA. I noticed, that even though the first FMA anim heavily deviates, it follows that first volume pretty well, with some deviations, and movements of timeline. But the first episode of FMA B, the anime that's supposed to be uber faithful to the manga, wasn't even covered in Volume 1, whereas the first two episodes of FMA followed the first two chapters. (Admittedly, chapter 3 becomes episode 8 or 9 if memory serves right, and it was delegated as part of the flashback sequence that never happened in the manga)

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

I've heard the ending isn't that great and that it deviates greatly from the manga. (Not that I object to heavy deviations if the show's made early in the manga's run, like FMA) Without spoiling anything, is there ever a point I should stop, and read the manga?

Well, it splits off from the Manga completely somewhere in the 30s, but honestly, I'd just watch the whole thing anyways. You'd probably have to start the manga from the beginning anyways since there are a lot of differences throughout the series.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

Well, I watched the prologue, or first three episodes (one to introduce each team) last night. I really enjoyed them. And that opening is just killer.

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

Well, I watched the prologue, or first three episodes (one to introduce each team) last night. I really enjoyed them. And that opening is just killer.

Indeed it is. I got it on my iPod, listen to it practically every day.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Rocko52

Are the other openings as good?

Rocko52

I can't help but feel that Soul Eater was at least partially influenced by Harry Potter.

CanisWolfred

undead_terror wrote:

Don't know what to watch, I started to rewatch something, was a no go, was going to continue one, a no go, found one, also a no go, any ideas would help guys.

I've been having the same exact experience, man. :/ I couldn't even get myself excited for anime by watching One Piece...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

8BitSamurai

@undead_terror
@CanisWolfred
I'm watching Kaiji right now, I highly, highly recommend it! It's an engrossing psychological thriller, basically, from what I've seen thusfar.

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

Rocko52

@undead_terror
What shows have you seen?

Also, I'm posting this fan trailer for The East Blue Saga, because it's really well made, and definitely deserves more than a mere 74 views.

RevolverLink

I haven't really watched anything in weeks. I have a bunch of shows that I'm part of the way through (or even most of the way through, in a couple of cases), but I just haven't been in the mood to watch anime lately.

Edited on by RevolverLink

Avatar - Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Currently Playing - Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation, Dark Souls
The Revloggery

Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Undead_terror

CanisWolfred wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

Don't know what to watch, I started to rewatch something, was a no go, was going to continue one, a no go, found one, also a no go, any ideas would help guys.

I've been having the same exact experience, man. :/ I couldn't even get myself excited for anime by watching One Piece...

The one that I didn't bother continuing just so happened to be one piece...

Rocko52

Really? Huh. Maybe it's cuz of summer...IDK

supered91

Rocko52 wrote:

@undead_terror
What shows have you seen?

Also, I'm posting this fan trailer for The East Blue Saga, because it's really well made, and definitely deserves more than a mere 74 views.

any of you guys seen the NEWER one piece episodes?

supered91

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic