Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 6,741 to 6,760 of 11,967

CanisWolfred

I used to read Black Butler back when it was only available Fantranslated, so I first knew it as "Kuroshitsuji", yet I still prefer to call it "Black Butler" since "Kuroshitsuji" is pretty much impossible for me to spell or pronounce (I had to look it up, and even then, it took me a million tries to get it right in this post alone). But yeah, I only do it for Higurashi and Ano Natsu de Matteru, if only because the latter is on Crunchyroll in Romaji, so I want people to know that they can watch "Waiting in the Summer" there instead of just on Hulu or Funimation. And ya know, Waiting in the Summer is starting to grow on me.

BTW, does anybody have any anime they wish were more popular? I know I got a pretty detailed list, though it's not quite finished, so I'll post it later.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RevolverLink

I prefer to call Mongolian Chop Squad by its original name, "BECK". It's not due so much to any weird angst about adhering to the original Japanese title, I'm usually just too lazy to type out (or say) two whole extra words. Yeah.

Avatar - Estelle Bright (Trails in the Sky)
Currently Playing - Suikoden II
The Revloggery

Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

maidesu

CanisWolfred wrote:

maidesu wrote:

oh and who knows what this is from...
"watashi no kokoro... UNLOCK!"
heh...(◡‿◡✿)

God I hate when people use Romaji. I even watched Shugo Chara and I had to look that up. It just makes people seem so elitist when they know there's a million and one chance that anyone will actually understand what they're even saying. Especially when there's an acceptable english translated term ("My Own Heart...Unlock!", IIRC).

I just wrote it in romaji bc I always remember her saying it, not in english, but in japanese.
I wasn't going to write it in japanese bc most can't read it
so calm down

Kingdom of Venus Photo Diary

♫ Oh Oh Oh Oh 오빠를 사랑해
ah ah ah ah 많이 많이해 ♪

moomoo

CanisWolfred wrote:

BTW, does anybody have any anime they wish were more popular? I know I got a pretty detailed list, though it's not quite finished, so I'll post it later.

The only one that springs to mind for me is Steins;Gate, and that's only because it can never be popular enough in my books. Objectively speaking, it's pretty freaking popular.
Yeah, I need to see some less well-known shows.

Actually, now that I think about it, Ghost Stories doesn't usually get any mention from the anime fans I know. Maybe that's because so many people watch subs, though, and the only reason Ghost Stories is worth mentioning is because of its English dub.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

CanisWolfred

Yeah, Ghost Stories' one of those things that I only see mentioned by fans of more obscure anime who also tend to watch stuff dubbed...which means I've only seen it mentioned twice? Thrice? I haven't watched more than a few clips, personally, but it looks like the dub of it was pretty good at least.

maidesu wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

maidesu wrote:

oh and who knows what this is from...
"watashi no kokoro... UNLOCK!"
heh...(◡‿◡✿)

God I hate when people use Romaji. I even watched Shugo Chara and I had to look that up. It just makes people seem so elitist when they know there's a million and one chance that anyone will actually understand what they're even saying. Especially when there's an acceptable english translated term ("My Own Heart...Unlock!", IIRC).

I just wrote it in romaji bc I always remember her saying it, not in english, but in japanese.
I wasn't going to write it in japanese bc most can't read it
so calm down

I'm calm now that I've vented. You have no idea how often I see that on anime sites. Hell, even One Piece Fansubs refuse to translate half the terms. It drives me crazy, yet if I'd be mobbed if I vented anywhere else but here.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

BTW, does anybody have any anime they wish were more popular?

I dunno, as most of the anime I watch are pretty popular on the internet forums, and that's all that matters! Hahaha no...

I'm honestly more interested in seeing the return of some real mainstream success in America in general for some anime and hoping for the continued success of some of the more beloved anime of the past decade (Welcome to the NHK! especially). But I'd love to see One Piece become legit really popular here (it's gotten close at points I suppose...) and I'd do almost anything to see Detective Conan get another chance on tv.

There is this manga called Ai-Ren that's criminally underrated though. Beautiful manga. But because of the author's other works among other reasons, I'm not surprised it isn't popular.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

BTW, does anybody have any anime they wish were more popular?

There is this manga called Ai-Ren that's criminally underrated though. Beautiful manga. But because of the author's other works among other reasons, I'm not surprised it isn't popular.

The covers I've seen of it don't help either. Shame since even the synopsis sounds genuinely heart wrenching.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

maidesu

CanisWolfred wrote:

Yeah, Ghost Stories' one of those things that I only see mentioned by fans of more obscure anime who also tend to watch stuff dubbed...which means I've only seen it mentioned twice? Thrice? I haven't watched more than a few clips, personally, but it looks like the dub of it was pretty good at least.

maidesu wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

maidesu wrote:

oh and who knows what this is from...
"watashi no kokoro... UNLOCK!"
heh...(◡‿◡✿)

God I hate when people use Romaji. I even watched Shugo Chara and I had to look that up. It just makes people seem so elitist when they know there's a million and one chance that anyone will actually understand what they're even saying. Especially when there's an acceptable english translated term ("My Own Heart...Unlock!", IIRC).

I just wrote it in romaji bc I always remember her saying it, not in english, but in japanese.
I wasn't going to write it in japanese bc most can't read it
so calm down

I'm calm now that I've vented. You have no idea how often I see that on anime sites. Hell, even One Piece Fansubs refuse to translate half the terms. It drives me crazy, yet if I'd be mobbed if I vented anywhere else but here.

I can see where your frustration came from~
Hinamori Amu's catch phrase when she transforms is so catchy though, I only remember it in Japanese and it sounds kind of weird in english to me tbh
Did you like Shugo Chara btw? I only watched a couple of seasons because it got a little too childish after a while but I read the manga because of Ikuto <3

Edited on by maidesu

Kingdom of Venus Photo Diary

♫ Oh Oh Oh Oh 오빠를 사랑해
ah ah ah ah 많이 많이해 ♪

Magikarp3

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Well Free! sounds legitmately disappointing. One less thing to watch.

KyoAni shows have a tendency to be downright terrible until they decide to start becoming awesome. Or the other way around.

Although I won't watch it either unless it makes waves (sorry) on the internet somewhere along the line

@Nobodys_Angel I can see what you're coming from I guess, since Cowboy Bebop is more episodic and leaves so much to interpretation that it seems like they didn't bother to go into backstory. I thought the goofiness was just part of its character though - they create a world which is dead serious with racial segregation occurring across planets, and then proceed to break every barrier they set up. I think a jazz listener will get what I mean - on paper, a composition can be a complete mess with things which really shouldn't be there, and yet when congealed together it just works. That's how I feel about the series anyway.

And as for anime I wish was more popular... Honey and Clover! I keep bringing this up lately, but it's really the pinnacle slice-of-life/coming-of-age story.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

CanisWolfred

Yeah, I think a lot of people were put off by the art style, which is a shame since I recall it being pretty good, and I don't say that very often about shoujo.

maidesu wrote:

I can see where your frustration came from~
Hinamori Amu's catch phrase when she transforms is so catchy though, I only remember it in Japanese and it sounds kind of weird in english to me tbh
Did you like Shugo Chara btw? I only watched a couple of seasons because it got a little too childish after a while but I read the manga because of Ikuto <3

Yeah, it does sound kinda weird in English. I was actually hesitant to write that last sentence...

And I tried really hard to get into Shugo Chara on multiple occassions, since it's an obviously good MG show, but I just can't seem to get around the fanservice, particularly anything involving that catboy. He just always seems to come off as a creeper, and it annoys me so much. The rest of the fanservice and innuendo doesn't help. I guess I'm not that tolerant to fanservice, and that's why I greatly prefer the Pretty Cure franchise. It always seems to be low on fanservice, and when its there, it's usually fairly subtle. Instead it seems to try to get cross-gender appeal by simply having great battle scenes. I like that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RR529

Read the newest chapter of Bleach a couple of days ago.

SPOILERS

They revealed why Juha Bach chose Uryu as his successor:

  • apparently, as the sole surviving original Quincy of his "Selektegrung" (or however it's spelled), Uryu has potential abilities that could surpass even his.
  • He's able to test the loyalty of his army, by telling them to accept Uryu as his second in command (as to them, he's an outsider & they don't trust him)
  • Since his entire army distrusts Uryu, they'll be keeping an eye on him, waiting for the chance to call him out if he does something odd (forcing Uryu to be completely loyal to Juha Bach, and not do anything behind his back, such as contacting Ichigo & co.)

SPOILERS END

Edited on by RR529

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

CanisWolfred

I just saw a review for Project A-Ko, which was reasonably good for a video review. If nothing else, it made some interesting points, and I think I got a good idea of how much I might enjoy the anime. It even pointed out something it a scene at the end that I probably would've missed (SPOILER A-Ko is basically the daughter of Super Man and Wonder Woman /SPOILER). I don't know why I never watched Project A-Ko. It was a reasonably popular OVA, after all. I guess I figured it was all just fanservice, like Aika. It actually sounds fairly interesting. Might have to give it a watch sooner or later.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Magikarp3

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Sweet! Crunchy Roll is picking up so many animes I want to watch this season! Just a few more and they'll have everyone I want to watch! Sucks Fantasia Dall will be day one only to those who have a premium membership. That one sounds fun.

I was actually thinking of getting the premium membership lately. My new phone shows ads in Crunchyroll and they always pop up at the most inopportune of times (ok, not mid-sentence, but they do ruin every dramatic buildup) and I figured that about 15 dollars a month isn't that much to pay.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Undead_terror

The new episode of AOT is just a flash back o what already happened, if I forgot what happened I would of watched it over again, here we were getting at the good part and then a reminder appears -_-

kkslider5552000

Volume 28 of Hunter X Hunter might be one of my favorite volumes of manga ever now. Like nearly every character got an amazing moment, and it was such a great combination of smart and completely insane that it was an amazing read.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

RR529

CanisWolfred wrote:

I just saw a review for Project A-Ko, which was reasonably good for a video review. If nothing else, it made some interesting points, and I think I got a good idea of how much I might enjoy the anime. It even pointed out something it a scene at the end that I probably would've missed (SPOILER A-Ko is basically the daughter of Super Man and Wonder Woman /SPOILER). I don't know why I never watched Project A-Ko. It was a reasonably popular OVA, after all. I guess I figured it was all just fanservice, like Aika. It actually sounds fairly interesting. Might have to give it a watch sooner or later.

Yeah, I've watched all 4 A-ko movies on YouTube, and while there is some fan service (most notably in the first), they're pretty humorous overall.

Toonami Saturday night!

Eureka 7 - Fantastic episode. Everything was just so awesomely emotional.

E7 was the only thing I got to watch tonight, unfortunately.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Jaz007

I finished Zam'd Lost Memorys, it was a petty good anime. I was kinda confused through out though. It might have just been me and might have missed a few things, but I found it kinda confusing. I felt a bit meh about parts of the ending too.

Jaz007

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic