General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 6,721 to 6,740 of 10,018

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

6,721. Posted:

undead_terror wrote:

I'm maybe the only one that does this but in the summer times I usually re-watch animes that I haven't seen in over a year, I have three in my mind I'm going to watch, watched all of one and I'm at the second one.

What are you watching?

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune.

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

6,722. Posted:

Is it just me, or is Firefly very similar to Bebop/Trigun?

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

6,723. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

I'm maybe the only one that does this but in the summer times I usually re-watch animes that I haven't seen in over a year, I have three in my mind I'm going to watch, watched all of one and I'm at the second one.

What are you watching?

As of right now I'm watching Elfen lied once again, the last time I watched it which was probably was two years ago, pretty dark but I enjoyed it.

Edited on by Undead_terror

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,724. Posted:

@Caniswolfred
Awwww, don't worry pal, my favorite anime's a mecha.....
....one no one here likes....sits in corner

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

6,725. Posted:

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

Is it just me, or is Firefly very similar to Bebop/Trigun?

A few people on the interwebs have a pet theory that Joss Whedon's a closet anime fan ;) Kinda like how Kayne West is a (not at all) closeted anime fan

Cowboy Bebop has way more going for it than just the space outlaw angle though, and Firefly is good in its own ways too. I feel that Firefly is more focused on its own characters, while Bebop is all about the worlds in the future and the culture of each. That's what I got from watching them anyway. I haven't seen Trigun, but I'd assume that it has a character of its own too.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,726. Posted:

Trigun is great! Watch it!

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,727. Posted:

what i got from Cowboy Bebop is that it wants to be the greatest anime ever by not being anime

I'd probably respect this more if wasn't for the commercial break moments having text congratulating itself for being revolutionary. No one should do that ever.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,728. Posted:

Bebop seriously boasts about itself while you're watching it?

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

6,729. Posted:

Bwahahaha, iirc it had "The work which shall transcend genres will be called Cowboy Bebop" or something in one of the ad breaks. I didn't see it trying to be the greatest anime ever, but it did self-boast a great deal.

EDIT: Maybe the reason why I wasn't ticked off by it was because it popped up in an episode after I'd made the conclusion that it does do quite a bit of genre bending. In hindsight though, I agree with KKslider, nobody should do that ever

Edited on by Jollykarp

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,730. Posted:

Geeze. You know, I'm starting the think I'm just gonna be watching Bleach and One Piece as constants, with only 1-2 other short shows being watched at the same time. FMA B is on hold because...it can wait. I'm gonna wrap up Fruits Basket and Lucky Star, finish Gargantia, and keep following Attack on Titan. Since it won't be too long before three of those shows are out of the way, I guess I'll start from there with 1-2 new one(s).

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

6,731. Posted:

I hate attack on titan being a monthly manga. iT was awesome when I had 40 chapters to get caught up on, but now it seems like its dragging purposely.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,732. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Also, based on a discussion on the last page, it seems like I'm still the only person here who actually likes InuYasha, lol.

Untitled

Though as others have said, I do feel that Inuyasha was too repetitive. I mean, I like repetitive shows to a degree - I watch super Robot and Magical girl shows from time to time, and it's rare that it gets more repetitive than those, yet I still couldn't stick with Inuyasha. So...props to you for being able to stick with and enjoy it for what it is.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

6,733. Posted:

Summer animes are gonna be rolling out soon. Free! Is up first. Anyone watching it?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,734. Posted:

Tomorrow I'm watching Danganronpa The Animation.

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

6,735. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Summer animes are gonna be rolling out soon. Free! Is up first. Anyone watching it?

I've heard people talking about it, but it looks like it suffers from the same thing that Kids on the Slope suffered from (everyone assuming that it's a BL series) except far worse. So far everything I've seen is swarming with fangirls talking about the attractive main characters, so I'll probably hold off unless it turns out that the series has a great dramatic plot or something :p

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

6,736. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

what i got from Cowboy Bebop is that it wants to be the greatest anime ever by not being anime

I'd probably respect this more if wasn't for the commercial break moments having text congratulating itself for being revolutionary. No one should do that ever.

I'm gonna be honest here: I don't like Cowboy Bebop. It's too seriously cheesy for its own good, the characters can be downright flat at times, if your main character isn't invested, neither am I (unlike FireFly and Trigun, where Mal and Vash are very dynamic and interesting), and the ending suffers from wha I've dubbed the "Evangelion Disease": when everything goes wrong and you have nothing to blame but the character'a own bottomless stupidity (seriously Eva: weapons of mass destruction, and someone decides "hey, let's give them to emotionally troubled teens!")

Edited on by GuardianKing

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,737. Posted:

Why is it that it seems most original anime is mecha?

@Nobodys_Angel
You've seen Evangelion?

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

6,738. Posted:

@Rocko52 Enough to know that I hate it.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,739. Posted:

Aww more hate. :(
When did you watch and how much?

AuthorMessage

moomoo

6,740. Posted:

Eh, people can like what they want to.
Frankly, I quite like Eva and Cowboy Bebop. Whether you like it or not, the former changed the anime landscape, and Bebop is often accredited as a genre unto itself (a statement that I feel is justified). They're both must watches.

Although, I am very surprised that someone could dislike Cowboy Bebop. You've seen all of it, right? I thought Spike and the rest of the cast was quite invested in what was going on, and there was a lot to the story that made the characters much deeper, be it thier pasts or the existentialist take the makers used as the means to let the characters address their respective pasts. Then there's the little things; you know, Spike saying Faye sang off key, the eating of the cigarette, the way that the music always fits the scene, the list goes on. For a show that is very much style-over-substance, I found it to have better substance than 90% of what's out there.
Also, it is the gateway anime.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14