Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 6,701 to 6,720 of 11,592

DawnOverALilly

I feed on your meme face.

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of that.
Marisa- That's a definite no.

Bobhobob

So I'm about halfway through the second episode of Full Metal Panic! and it's pretty funny, it's just THE AWKWARDNESS! I know it's a part of the humor of the show but THE AWKWARDNESS BURNS! IDK if I can finish this if it keeps up like this.

is rly good

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

Magikarp3

moomoo wrote:

So I decided to buy BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad and Welcome to the NHK on a whim from Amazon due to how cheap they were (less than $30 for both combined). I'm looking forward to getting them in the mail later.

Did you get the anime or the manga? Because if you got the anime, I seriously hope you got the Funimation Dub! The only real flaw with Beck is that there's a lot of horribly mispronounced English in the original version which makes some episodes almost unwatchable. Hope you enjoy both though, I loved Beck and haven't heard any bad things about Welcome to the NHK

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Electricmastro

Ha, I just searched Infinite Stratos as "Eternal Stratos".

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

RR529

This Saturday on Toonami, T.O.M. is going to interview the director of the upcoming blockbuster, Pacific Rim (which is heavily influenced by Kaiju films & mechs). Should be interesting.

Also, based on a discussion on the last page, it seems like I'm still the only person here who actually likes InuYasha, lol.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

kkslider5552000

RR529 wrote:

This Saturday on Toonami, T.O.M. is going to interview the director of the upcoming blockbuster, Pacific Rim (which is heavily influenced by Kaiju films & mechs). Should be interesting.

Also, based on a discussion on the last page, it seems like I'm still the only person here who actually likes InuYasha, lol.

From what I saw (about 20 or so episodes, mostly but not entirely in order and not starting from the beginning), it is an ok shonen action series that gets worse when you realize how little anything seems to ever happen beyond the exact same 3 episode ideas. Sometimes I feel that might be unfair until I realize a lot of people have agreed with that statement.

Even if you like it, there's no way you can convince me there isn't a ton of better stuff in the genre.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

8BitSamurai

@RR529
I actually love InuYasha, I haven't watched it in forever though, I need to finish it. The main gripe I have with it is that it just gets so repetitive sometimes.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

Magikarp3

RR529 wrote:

Also, based on a discussion on the last page, it seems like I'm still the only person here who actually likes InuYasha.

I once borrowed the first volume of Inuyasha from my library, and it wasn't too bad. My friend was a massive fan and convinced me to stay up until 1am (this was back when Adult Swim was a thing here, I think 2005 or something) and I remember thinking that it wasn't really worth staying up that late :/

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

RR529

Magikarp wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Also, based on a discussion on the last page, it seems like I'm still the only person here who actually likes InuYasha.

I once borrowed the first volume of Inuyasha from my library, and it wasn't too bad. My friend was a massive fan and convinced me to stay up until 1am (this was back when Adult Swim was a thing here, I think 2005 or something) and I remember thinking that it wasn't really worth staying up that late :/

Yeah, it was on around 12 a.m. here at the time. Still one of the most pooular anime to be shown on Adult Swim, I believe (heck, outside of Cowboy Bebop, I can't think of any other anime they've held onto for so long, and even then, it hasn't been taken off the schedule as often, but that's probably because Bebop's a shorter series). Even now, they have an hour of it at the end of Toonami, from 4 a.m. - 5 a.m.

According to some comments I read on the AS message boards, they actually got a newer copy of the series when they premiered it on Toonami (based on some redubbed dialog).

@KKSlider, I never said you had to like it, and I never said there weren't much better stuff out there. I simply said I like it, and nothing more (and I'll even admit it's mostly for nostalgia's sake).

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

moomoo

Magikarp wrote:

moomoo wrote:

So I decided to buy BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad and Welcome to the NHK on a whim from Amazon due to how cheap they were (less than $30 for both combined). I'm looking forward to getting them in the mail later.

Did you get the anime or the manga? Because if you got the anime, I seriously hope you got the Funimation Dub! The only real flaw with Beck is that there's a lot of horribly mispronounced English in the original version which makes some episodes almost unwatchable. Hope you enjoy both though, I loved Beck and haven't heard any bad things about Welcome to the NHK

I got the animes, both dubbed. There's no way I wouldn't do that with dubs as good as those. Heck, I usually hear that Beck is better in English than in Japanese, which is pretty remarkable since all the music had to be dubbed too.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Undead_terror

I'm maybe the only one that does this but in the summer times I usually re-watch animes that I haven't seen in over a year, I have three in my mind I'm going to watch, watched all of one and I'm at the second one.

Jaz007

undead_terror wrote:

I'm maybe the only one that does this but in the summer times I usually re-watch animes that I haven't seen in over a year, I have three in my mind I'm going to watch, watched all of one and I'm at the second one.

What are you watching?

Jaz007

Undead_terror

Jaz007 wrote:

undead_terror wrote:

What are you watching?

As of right now I'm watching Elfen lied once again, the last time I watched it which was probably was two years ago, pretty dark but I enjoyed it.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Rocko52

@Caniswolfred
Awwww, don't worry pal, my favorite anime's a mecha.....
....one no one here likes....sits in corner

Anime watching: Lupin III (Green Jacket) Diebuster & Ouran Highschool Host Club
Games playing: Metal Gear Solid 2

Magikarp3

Nobodys_Angel wrote:

Is it just me, or is Firefly very similar to Bebop/Trigun?

A few people on the interwebs have a pet theory that Joss Whedon's a closet anime fan Kinda like how Kayne West is a (not at all) closeted anime fan

Cowboy Bebop has way more going for it than just the space outlaw angle though, and Firefly is good in its own ways too. I feel that Firefly is more focused on its own characters, while Bebop is all about the worlds in the future and the culture of each. That's what I got from watching them anyway. I haven't seen Trigun, but I'd assume that it has a character of its own too.

Rocko52

Trigun is great! Watch it!

kkslider5552000

what i got from Cowboy Bebop is that it wants to be the greatest anime ever by not being anime

I'd probably respect this more if wasn't for the commercial break moments having text congratulating itself for being revolutionary. No one should do that ever.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Rocko52

Bebop seriously boasts about itself while you're watching it?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic