General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 6,701 to 6,720 of 10,055

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

6,701. Posted:

Bobhobob wrote:

So One Piece is pretty freaking awesome.

Damn straight is is.

@Retro
Have you seen this?

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

6,702. Posted:

Gargantia's ending was ok,the anime overall was okay as well.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,703. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Gargantia's ending was ok

just ok huh? I'm on 10 and after episode 9, my idea of it being this decent anime suddenly getting a last minute crazy ending that blows your mind disappeared.

While I think the pacing was way too quick (compared to how nice and slow the rest of the series has been) episode 10 justified everything. Considering how dark the premise has become and how easy it would be to turn this into just a really typical SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER we were the bad guys all along END SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER type of story, Chamber did a shockingly good job at justifying everything.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

DawnOverALilly

6,704. Posted:

It's really hard to just pick out one or even a few when your watched anime list is 120+ >.< I have not been watching all that much lately to be honest anyway!

Sad anime in parts: Solti Rei (under rated)
Sadest anime overall: Clannad
Favorite straight romance: Toradora, some don't like the ending but I loved it.
Favorite gay/lez/bi romance (manga only): is girl friends, it had good drama, funny, and was realistic.
Fav violent anime: Between Baccano and Elfen Lied, might take you a while to understand Baccano though due to it being so damn confusing but I got it the second time I watched it. Elfen Liedis just crazy >.<
Fav main stream: Death Note

Flandre- "I've been in the basement. For about 495 years."
Marisa- "That's sweet, I only get weekends off."
_
Marisa- It's so hot, I'm gonna die here.
Reimu- If you die, I'll feed your corpse to the birds.
Remilia- My, it'd be fine if you'd let me take care of that.
Marisa- That's a definite no.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

6,705. Posted:

So I decided to buy BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad and Welcome to the NHK on a whim from Amazon due to how cheap they were (less than $30 for both combined). I'm looking forward to getting them in the mail later.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

DawnOverALilly

6,706. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

So I decided to buy BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad and Welcome to the NHK on a whim from Amazon due to how cheap they were (less than $30 for both combined). I'm looking forward to getting them in the mail later.

I never buy my anime >.< but BECK was awsome, not seen it a while though.

_

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,707. Posted:

Man, I had been obsessing over rewatching Gundam X for months now, and now I finally get to it, and I'm not enjoying it. I'm not sure if its just weirdly paced, or if its because I remember too much of it, but the first 4 episodes were pretty hard to watch. Episode 4 even ended on a cliffhanger and I still have no desire to continue on to episode 5. Not the best way to start my mecha marathon...I might try to watch more this weekend, but otherwise I'm just gonna move on to Votoms for now. At least I finally have all the DVDs for that, so I can watch that from the comfort of my couch.

EDIT: Yup, watching Votoms from the comfort of my coach is very satisfying. Watched episode 4 again, I liked that one.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DawnOverALilly

6,708. Posted:

Eh~ I never really liked anime and manga with Mecs and such. Don't know why though just doesent interest me.

_

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,709. Posted:

You and everyone else on this forum that isn't me.
Untitled

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

DawnOverALilly

6,710. Posted:

I feed on your meme face.

_

AuthorMessage

Bobhobob

6,711. Posted:

So I'm about halfway through the second episode of Full Metal Panic! and it's pretty funny, it's just THE AWKWARDNESS! I know it's a part of the humor of the show but THE AWKWARDNESS BURNS! IDK if I can finish this if it keeps up like this.

is rly good

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

6,712. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Did you get the anime or the manga? Because if you got the anime, I seriously hope you got the Funimation Dub! The only real flaw with Beck is that there's a lot of horribly mispronounced English in the original version which makes some episodes almost unwatchable. Hope you enjoy both though, I loved Beck and haven't heard any bad things about Welcome to the NHK

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

6,713. Posted:

Ha, I just searched Infinite Stratos as "Eternal Stratos".

Backloggery. Now playing: Batman: Arkham City - Armored Edition, Tomb Raider: Anniversary, Pac-Man World, Golden Sun, Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3, Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and Final Fantasy II (Final Fantasy IV).

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,714. Posted:

This Saturday on Toonami, T.O.M. is going to interview the director of the upcoming blockbuster, Pacific Rim (which is heavily influenced by Kaiju films & mechs). Should be interesting.

Also, based on a discussion on the last page, it seems like I'm still the only person here who actually likes InuYasha, lol.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,715. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

This Saturday on Toonami, T.O.M. is going to interview the director of the upcoming blockbuster, Pacific Rim (which is heavily influenced by Kaiju films & mechs). Should be interesting.

Also, based on a discussion on the last page, it seems like I'm still the only person here who actually likes InuYasha, lol.

From what I saw (about 20 or so episodes, mostly but not entirely in order and not starting from the beginning), it is an ok shonen action series that gets worse when you realize how little anything seems to ever happen beyond the exact same 3 episode ideas. Sometimes I feel that might be unfair until I realize a lot of people have agreed with that statement.

Even if you like it, there's no way you can convince me there isn't a ton of better stuff in the genre.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

6,716. Posted:

@RR529
I actually love InuYasha, I haven't watched it in forever though, I need to finish it. The main gripe I have with it is that it just gets so repetitive sometimes.

Official "rare download" assistant
Best YT show here!
Currently playing: Phantasy Star II, No More Heroes, Persona 2: IS, Ys 1
Recently beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

6,717. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Also, based on a discussion on the last page, it seems like I'm still the only person here who actually likes InuYasha.

I once borrowed the first volume of Inuyasha from my library, and it wasn't too bad. My friend was a massive fan and convinced me to stay up until 1am (this was back when Adult Swim was a thing here, I think 2005 or something) and I remember thinking that it wasn't really worth staying up that late :/

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,718. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

RR529 wrote:

Also, based on a discussion on the last page, it seems like I'm still the only person here who actually likes InuYasha.

I once borrowed the first volume of Inuyasha from my library, and it wasn't too bad. My friend was a massive fan and convinced me to stay up until 1am (this was back when Adult Swim was a thing here, I think 2005 or something) and I remember thinking that it wasn't really worth staying up that late :/

Yeah, it was on around 12 a.m. here at the time. Still one of the most pooular anime to be shown on Adult Swim, I believe (heck, outside of Cowboy Bebop, I can't think of any other anime they've held onto for so long, and even then, it hasn't been taken off the schedule as often, but that's probably because Bebop's a shorter series). Even now, they have an hour of it at the end of Toonami, from 4 a.m. - 5 a.m.

According to some comments I read on the AS message boards, they actually got a newer copy of the series when they premiered it on Toonami (based on some redubbed dialog).

@KKSlider, I never said you had to like it, and I never said there weren't much better stuff out there. I simply said I like it, and nothing more (and I'll even admit it's mostly for nostalgia's sake).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

moomoo

6,719. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

moomoo wrote:

Did you get the anime or the manga? Because if you got the anime, I seriously hope you got the Funimation Dub! The only real flaw with Beck is that there's a lot of horribly mispronounced English in the original version which makes some episodes almost unwatchable. Hope you enjoy both though, I loved Beck and haven't heard any bad things about Welcome to the NHK

I got the animes, both dubbed. There's no way I wouldn't do that with dubs as good as those. Heck, I usually hear that Beck is better in English than in Japanese, which is pretty remarkable since all the music had to be dubbed too.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

6,720. Posted:

I'm maybe the only one that does this but in the summer times I usually re-watch animes that I haven't seen in over a year, I have three in my mind I'm going to watch, watched all of one and I'm at the second one.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror