General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 6,681 to 6,700 of 10,614

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

6,681. Posted:

Last week when I was bored out of my mind , I stumbled across a manga called Pandora's Heart. I was suprised as to how dark it can be sometimes. Though it balances out with some good humor. Which I laughed on multiple occasions. I find the characters quite interesting, definitely a lot of depth. I think the plot is amazing , and very easy to get into. This may very well be my favorite manga this year.

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

6,682. Posted:

Shining-Void wrote:

Last week when I was bored out of my mind , I stumbled across a manga called Pandora's Heart. I was suprised as to how dark it can be sometimes. Though it balances out with some good humor. Which I laughed on multiple occasions. I find the characters quite interesting, definitely a lot of depth. I think the plot is amazing , and very easy to get into. This may very well be my favorite manga this year.

I've read through the first bit of the manga myself, and I've really enjoyed it thus far. Haven't watched the anime, but the manga keeps me on the edge of my seat. I'd say you gave yourself quite a nice surprise.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Electricmastro

6,683. Posted:

This is why One Piece is epic:

Spoilers: If you have not seen Luffy's "boss fights" in Baratie (0:00), Syrup Village (1:17), Arlong Park (2:26), Alabasta (3:29), Jaya (4:45), Skypiea (5:34), Enies Lobby (6:02), Thriller Bark (7:13), Sabaody Archipelago (8:07), Amazon Lily (9:04), Marineford (9:56), or Return to Sabaody (10:40) and don't want it spoiled for you, click on the video's timestamp you feel safe clicking on.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Golden Sun, Klonoa: Empire of Dreams, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, Pokemon HeartGold Version, Rayman 2: The Great Escape, and Super Mario Advance.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,684. Posted:

Time to update on what I've been watching.

On Friday night, I watched Project A-ko 3 on YouTube. I felt that it was much weaker than even the second, but the part near the end where the whole town mobilized was great. If you liked the first two, this might still be worth a look (the fanservice returns, though).

Tonight I watched Project A-ko 4 on YouTube. While not as good as the original, it's easily the best of the sequels, and it features all the off the wall wackiness that made the first one so funny (fanservice still present, although not quite as much as in 3).

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

6,685. Posted:

Gonna try to finish Gargantia on the Verduous Planet and Arata the Legend today. They're both getting really good, gonna be interesting to see how they end (Gargantia's last ep is out, I just haven't seen it yet)
Also been watching Chihayafuru, up to episode 7, loving it so far. Maybe some day I'll have to find somebody to play Karuta with. It could take some doing, though.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

6,686. Posted:

I watched the first 5 episodes of Xam'd yesterday, it's a good anime. I watched the first 2 episodes of Squid Girl last Thursday and I liked it. Some of the situational humor was painful, but I liked for the most part and thought it was a funny show. I'm also rethinking my decision to not watch Ouran High School Host Club. My sister has been trying really hard to convince me and has amounted up mountains of text in our texting conversations about the show. The girl I like has also swapnoted me telling me to watch it and trying to convince me.

Currently playing: Super Smash Bros: Wii U and Mount & Blade: Warband: Viking Conquest.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,687. Posted:

Well I got the first volumes of Bleach, One Piece, Trigun, and FMA for my birthday Saturday, I've read Bleach and One Piece so far.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

6,688. Posted:

Oh yeah. So Akira Toriyama is apparently starting a new series in Next week's Jump.
Should be... interesting.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

6,689. Posted:

I blurted out I hate Inyuasha when my girlfriend brought it up. Right before she tells me she loves it and it's her favorite anime. Haha, don't I feel like a donkey. XD

Edited on by theblackdragon

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

6,690. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I blurted out I hate Inyuasha when my girlfriend brought it up. Right before she tells me she loves it and it's her favorite anime. Haha, don't I feel like a donkey. XD

If I ever get a girlfriend I sure hope she doesn't like Bleach.
What am I even saying I wouldn't do anything to mess that up.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

6,691. Posted:

TysonOfTime wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

If I ever get a girlfriend I sure hope she doesn't like Bleach.
What am I even saying I wouldn't do anything to mess that up.

lol
Thank goodness mine doesn't like Bleach. phew.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,692. Posted:

I like Bleach...not my favorite, but I like it.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,693. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

If it was me I would have dumped her on the spot.

In unrelated news, for some reason I have a hard time staying in a relationship. No idea why.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,694. Posted:

Huh, dump a girl for anime interests....if I found a girl who at least liked anime, that'd be something.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

6,695. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

If it was me I would have dumped her on the spot.

In unrelated news, for some reason I have a hard time staying in a relationship. No idea why.

You are too damn funny man.

Nothing to do with your post, but this had me dieing with laughter!

Untitled

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

6,696. Posted:

Unless the girl was into Slash or Onii-chan stuff, I don't think anime tastes would ever mess up a relationship. I'm still careful not to blurt out that I hate things though :/

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,697. Posted:

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

6,698. Posted:

Magikarp wrote:

Unless the girl was into Slash or Onii-chan stuff, I don't think anime tastes would ever mess up a relationship. I'm still careful not to blurt out that I hate things though :/

I felt real bad after blurting that out and apologized throughout the rest of the entire conversation. D: Haha, she didn't take it seriously though.
I really gotta watch what I say too.
I see TBD has been cracking down on swears. Didn't think donkey would be a problem. Sorry for the work, dragon!

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Bobhobob

6,699. Posted:

So One Piece is pretty freaking awesome. I think I just finished episode 6.... and Luffy's fights are pretty sick. Also, I cried about the dog, "Shu-Shu" or whatever. I'm a sucker for animals...

is rly good

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

6,700. Posted:

Bobhobob wrote:

So One Piece is pretty freaking awesome.

Damn straight is is.

@Retro
Have you seen this?