Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 6,661 to 6,680 of 11,802

Jaz007

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I watched the first episode of Ouran Host Club and the first 9 minutes of the second episode. I'm not watching a show about a girl pretending to be a boy and charming other girls while drinking tea with them at the High School's host club to repay a debt for a broken vase. No, just no. Time for the next anime.

I dunno, I saw the first episode once and thought it was genuinely hilarious.

I though it was a good and funny show before they made her a girl. Then it started to get a bit sickening.

Jaz007

kkslider5552000

Jaz007 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I watched the first episode of Ouran Host Club and the first 9 minutes of the second episode. I'm not watching a show about a girl pretending to be a boy and charming other girls while drinking tea with them at the High School's host club to repay a debt for a broken vase. No, just no. Time for the next anime.

I though it was a good and funny show before they made her a girl. Then it started to get a bit sickening.

because?

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Jaz007

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

because?

She's masquerading as a boy and flirting with girls to pay off her debt. The idea is pretty messed up to me.

Jaz007

kkslider5552000

Jaz007 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

because?

She's masquerading as a boy and flirting with girls to pay off her debt. The idea is pretty messed up to me.

sounds hot to me. Don't know what you're talking about.

Try a XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X LET'S PLAY now for the cost of nothing! : D
LeT's PlAy XENOBLADE CHRONICLES X (blind)

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Rocko52

@moomoo
Another EVA fan? On this forum? Yay!
Anyways, likewise I was shocked at first. After Episode 25' I was feeling emotional after SPOILERS Misato dies, as do many other characters, and Asuka's death. SPOILERS The second half was very different,and the last minute felt like a shock, but overall I think it's one of my favorite movies. Defeinitely my favorite anime movie of which, hangs head, I've only seen two, the other being...Ponyo.....(there more Ghibli I need to see, I know)

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

moomoo

@Rocko52 Of all the Ghibli stuff, Ponyo is all you've seen?
You poor soul.

Frankly, I was shocked by the first 5 minutes. I just...
/puts on sunglasses
...didn't see it coming.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Rocko52

Well yeah that too. It kinda started the film off an a that kind of note.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

TysonOfTime

So, looking into it, I might try to start reading the Soul Eater Manga. I've heard that * apparently* the anime is better, but from the sound of where the plot goes the Manga seems much more interesting.

Also: should I take on the original FMA or Brotherhood first?
(I've already read a good amount of the Manga; up until the base in the North with Armstrong's sister, so Brotherhood's early episodes won't bother me.)

You don't die until you're dead!

Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

CrimsonFire

Can't say they are both equally awesome.But the deaths of the homonculi are better in brotherhood and i believe better fighting scenes are also in brotherhood. They are both equally awesome so maybe flip a coin.

FriedSquid

@TysonOfTime: I'll say this, Brotherhood is WAY more accurate to the manga than the first FMA anime (some frames and dialog even look identical to panels or scripts in the manga), so you might be disappointed (or in my case, confused) if you watch the first FMA. If you ask me (though I haven't actually watched the entire FMA 1 anime), I've heard that the first FMA anime gets really weird and completely off from the original manga's story. I think also, that there's a part where it's only a chapter in the manga, but ends up being a few episodes in the first anime. (dont take my complete word for this, though) The only difference in Brotherhood is that the first episode doesn't happen in the manga, and if I remember correctly, a few of the chapters in the first volume of the manga were removed from the anime, but because they were not important to the whole story (like the fight on the train). Long to short, if you're familiar with the manga, you should probably try Brotherhood.

Edited on by FriedSquid

RR529

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - missed it.

Naruto - missed it.

One Piece - Caught the end, where it appeared they were loosing some sort of wacky roller derby.

Soul Eater - The battle is intensifying, and there were some amazing action scenes in this one. Oh, and I should have known the cat woman was going to confront those weird mouse witches.

IGPX - didn't watch.

Eureka 7 - Eureka was being distant the whole episode, and creepy government experimentation revealed.

Also, they reviewed The Last of Us tonight, awarding it a 10/10. They classified it as a masterpiece, that's part Metal Gear, and part Ico, with a dash of Resident Evil thrown in, and is undoubtedly the best zombie game ever made.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

moomoo

@TysonOfTime Generally speaking, people who prefer Manga to Anime like Brotherhood more, while people who prefer Anime to Manga prefer the original more. In the end, they're both fantastic shows totally worth watching, so try to watch both at some point.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Shining-Void

Last week when I was bored out of my mind , I stumbled across a manga called Pandora's Heart. I was suprised as to how dark it can be sometimes. Though it balances out with some good humor. Which I laughed on multiple occasions. I find the characters quite interesting, definitely a lot of depth. I think the plot is amazing , and very easy to get into. This may very well be my favorite manga this year.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

8BitSamurai

Shining-Void wrote:

Last week when I was bored out of my mind , I stumbled across a manga called Pandora's Heart. I was suprised as to how dark it can be sometimes. Though it balances out with some good humor. Which I laughed on multiple occasions. I find the characters quite interesting, definitely a lot of depth. I think the plot is amazing , and very easy to get into. This may very well be my favorite manga this year.

I've read through the first bit of the manga myself, and I've really enjoyed it thus far. Haven't watched the anime, but the manga keeps me on the edge of my seat. I'd say you gave yourself quite a nice surprise.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

Electricmastro

This is why One Piece is epic:

Spoilers: If you have not seen Luffy's "boss fights" in Baratie (0:00), Syrup Village (1:17), Arlong Park (2:26), Alabasta (3:29), Jaya (4:45), Skypiea (5:34), Enies Lobby (6:02), Thriller Bark (7:13), Sabaody Archipelago (8:07), Amazon Lily (9:04), Marineford (9:56), or Return to Sabaody (10:40) and don't want it spoiled for you, click on the video's timestamp you feel safe clicking on.

Edited on by Electricmastro

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

RR529

Time to update on what I've been watching.

On Friday night, I watched Project A-ko 3 on YouTube. I felt that it was much weaker than even the second, but the part near the end where the whole town mobilized was great. If you liked the first two, this might still be worth a look (the fanservice returns, though).

Tonight I watched Project A-ko 4 on YouTube. While not as good as the original, it's easily the best of the sequels, and it features all the off the wall wackiness that made the first one so funny (fanservice still present, although not quite as much as in 3).

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

8BitSamurai

Gonna try to finish Gargantia on the Verduous Planet and Arata the Legend today. They're both getting really good, gonna be interesting to see how they end (Gargantia's last ep is out, I just haven't seen it yet)
Also been watching Chihayafuru, up to episode 7, loving it so far. Maybe some day I'll have to find somebody to play Karuta with. It could take some doing, though.

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter:

Jaz007

I watched the first 5 episodes of Xam'd yesterday, it's a good anime. I watched the first 2 episodes of Squid Girl last Thursday and I liked it. Some of the situational humor was painful, but I liked for the most part and thought it was a funny show. I'm also rethinking my decision to not watch Ouran High School Host Club. My sister has been trying really hard to convince me and has amounted up mountains of text in our texting conversations about the show. The girl I like has also swapnoted me telling me to watch it and trying to convince me.

Jaz007

Rocko52

Well I got the first volumes of Bleach, One Piece, Trigun, and FMA for my birthday Saturday, I've read Bleach and One Piece so far.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic