General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 6,661 to 6,680 of 9,413

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,661. Posted:

One Piece dvds! Now I can watch a lame filler arc that involves amnesia and backtracking character development just to tie-in to a video game or something! YAY!!!

...that's what you get when you decide to collect the entirety of a series that's been going on for more than a decade...

honestly, I'm way too stubborn with this as I'd love to get like, FMA: Brotherhood or the I think upcoming SAVE edition of Cased Closed or that gigantic Slayers collection, but I need some money for gaming. Oh well.

That reminds me, Slayers is awesome. That is all.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

6,662. Posted:

Speaking of SAVE editions, BECK and Welcome to the NHK are looking mighty tempting to me right now.

Also, on a completely different note, I started reading Black Jack yesterday; so far it's good, though the stories haven't been mind-blowing or anything, and I've always liked the way Osamu Tezuka drew his characters.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,663. Posted:

I immediately have to recommend Welcome to the NHK! I'd love to have that on DVD too.

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

6,664. Posted:

It really is a fantastic show, even though it was painful to watch at times. I just saw too much of myself in some of the characters.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

moomoo

6,665. Posted:

@Rocko52 You must be having a really hard time picking just one picture of Asuka for your avatar. You're switching it up like crazy. ;)
Speaking of EVA, what'd you think of End of Evangelion? I'm curious. Personally, I was just shocked at first, but after giving it time to settle into my head and giving it some thought, I've grown to like it a lot. Now Eva's one of my favorite animes.

Since others are doing it, I'll mention what I'm watching right now.
Code Geass R2 - ep 14 (This show is soooo good, even though the melodrama can appear out of nowhere.)
Anohana - ep 9 (So after bashing the series after watching just two episodes, I decided to watch the rest of it to get rid of my guilt. Well, at least I can know that my bashing was warranted so far. I don't think I've hated a show this much before. Thankfully, it's only 11 episodes, so I think I'll live.)
Wolf's Rain - ep 4 (I'm hoping the series gets better. It hasn't quite pulled me in yet. I've heard good things about it, though, so I'll slowly finish it at some point.)

I also saw a couple of episodes of Attack on Titan, and I'll wait for an English dub. It's not that I don't like the Japanese dub (far from it, actually) but if I know a series is getting an English dub, I usually like watching it first. This is definitely a good one, I can tell.
Then there's my rewatching of Death Note with my mom, which is going swiftly. 14 episodes in less than 3 days.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

6,666. Posted:

I watched the first episode of Ouran Host Club and the first 9 minutes of the second episode. I'm not watching a show about a girl pretending to be a boy and charming other girls while drinking tea with them at the High School's host club to repay a debt for a broken vase. No, just no. Time for the next anime.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

6,667. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

I watched the first episode of Ouran Host Club and the first 9 minutes of the second episode. I'm not watching a show about a girl pretending to be a boy and charming other girls while drinking tea with them at the High School's host club to repay a debt for a broken vase. No, just no. Time for the next anime.

If it's any consolation, I couldn't either. That is, until I watched it with someone else. Weirdly enough, it makes watching it a lot less awkward when there's someone else laughing beside you. Granted, it could be hard to find someone else to watch it with...

In other news, I finished Anohana. Easily the most overrated thing I've ever seen. If anyone wants me to deliberate why, I will, but not right now. I'm still tired from laughing at the choreographed tears. (I'm not trolling, by the way. I literally laughed out loud at that last episode. How it has a near perfect rating on Crunchyroll I'll never know.)

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,668. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

I dunno, I saw the first episode once and thought it was genuinely hilarious.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

6,669. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I though it was a good and funny show before they made her a girl. Then it started to get a bit sickening.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,670. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I though it was a good and funny show before they made her a girl. Then it started to get a bit sickening.

because?

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

6,671. Posted:

The new ep of AOT was good, I enjoyed it.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

6,672. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

because?

She's masquerading as a boy and flirting with girls to pay off her debt. The idea is pretty messed up to me.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

6,673. Posted:

Jaz007 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

because?

She's masquerading as a boy and flirting with girls to pay off her debt. The idea is pretty messed up to me.

sounds hot to me. Don't know what you're talking about.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,674. Posted:

@moomoo
Another EVA fan? On this forum? Yay! :)
Anyways, likewise I was shocked at first. After Episode 25' I was feeling emotional after SPOILERS Misato dies, as do many other characters, and Asuka's death. SPOILERS The second half was very different,and the last minute felt like a shock, but overall I think it's one of my favorite movies. Defeinitely my favorite anime movie of which, hangs head, I've only seen two, the other being...Ponyo.....(there more Ghibli I need to see, I know)

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

moomoo

6,675. Posted:

@Rocko52 Of all the Ghibli stuff, Ponyo is all you've seen?
You poor soul.

Frankly, I was shocked by the first 5 minutes. I just...
/puts on sunglasses
...didn't see it coming.

Best thread ever

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,676. Posted:

Well yeah that too. It kinda started the film off an a that kind of note.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Captain Earth, Tonari no Seki-kun, Inferno Cop

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

TysonOfTime

6,677. Posted:

So, looking into it, I might try to start reading the Soul Eater Manga. I've heard that * apparently* the anime is better, but from the sound of where the plot goes the Manga seems much more interesting.

Also: should I take on the original FMA or Brotherhood first?
(I've already read a good amount of the Manga; up until the base in the North with Armstrong's sister, so Brotherhood's early episodes won't bother me.)

Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

6,678. Posted:

Can't say they are both equally awesome.But the deaths of the homonculi are better in brotherhood and i believe better fighting scenes are also in brotherhood. They are both equally awesome so maybe flip a coin.

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Squid

6,679. Posted:

@TysonOfTime: I'll say this, Brotherhood is WAY more accurate to the manga than the first FMA anime (some frames and dialog even look identical to panels or scripts in the manga), so you might be disappointed (or in my case, confused) if you watch the first FMA. If you ask me (though I haven't actually watched the entire FMA 1 anime), I've heard that the first FMA anime gets really weird and completely off from the original manga's story. I think also, that there's a part where it's only a chapter in the manga, but ends up being a few episodes in the first anime. (dont take my complete word for this, though) The only difference in Brotherhood is that the first episode doesn't happen in the manga, and if I remember correctly, a few of the chapters in the first volume of the manga were removed from the anime, but because they were not important to the whole story (like the fight on the train). Long to short, if you're familiar with the manga, you should probably try Brotherhood. ;)

Edited on by Squid

[16:52] Sonomin: They lick balls now?
You don't win by being lucky. You win by being bold.
Can I ask you kind of a weird question?
Ze Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,680. Posted:

Toonami Saturday night!

Bleach - missed it.

Naruto - missed it.

One Piece - Caught the end, where it appeared they were loosing some sort of wacky roller derby.

Soul Eater - The battle is intensifying, and there were some amazing action scenes in this one. Oh, and I should have known the cat woman was going to confront those weird mouse witches.

IGPX - didn't watch.

Eureka 7 - Eureka was being distant the whole episode, and creepy government experimentation revealed.

Also, they reviewed The Last of Us tonight, awarding it a 10/10. They classified it as a masterpiece, that's part Metal Gear, and part Ico, with a dash of Resident Evil thrown in, and is undoubtedly the best zombie game ever made.

Currently Playing:

Red Dead Redemption (360)

Smashatar of the week: Charizard firing it up!