Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 6,441 to 6,460 of 12,340

Rocko52

It might be. Summer's starting, I'm 16 minutes into it and they were just running track.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

RR529

Just finished reading chapter 17 of Bushidou Sixteen! I only have one chapter left to go, so I'll wait to post my full opinions until I've read it, but so far it's been great!

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Retro_on_theGo

I just finished it actually. That was adorable! I loved it. I loved the art style. It's just simple and fluid, but the backgrounds were nicely detailed. The plot worked. Great little love story.
Someone please find me the song that plays when she does her last big time leap!!
Edit: Can anyone recommended other great anime movies to watch? I've missed out on so many.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

RR529

@Retro_on_theGo:

Movies:

• Macross: Do You Remember Love?
  • Akira
  • Fatal Fury: the New Battle
  • Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture
  • Spriggan
  • Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
  • Spirited Away
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  • Ponyo
  • Appleseed (80's)
  • Appleseed (2000's)
  • Black Magic M66
  • Riding Bean
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Read or Die
  • Ninja Scroll
  • Venus Wars

OVAs:

• Cyber City OEDO 808
  • Iria Zeiram: the Animation
  • Orguss 02
  • Gunsmith Cats
  • Battle Angel
  • A.D. Police Files

These should last you awhile (also, most, though not all, of these can be found on YouTube from a user called Madbull165) There are some more as well, but I've felt these are the best (watch out for Gowcaizer though, it has a ludicrous amount of fanservice. The action's great, though).

EDIT: added a few more (how could I forget those)

Edited on by RR529

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

RevolverLink

@Retro_on_theGo - If you enjoyed Summer Wars and The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (for the record, I love both of those movies), keep an eye out for whenever FUNimation decides to release Wolf Children on DVD/Blu-ray. It's from the same director and the same studio, and it's apparently outstanding.

Edited on by RevolverLink

Avatar - Mumen Rider (One Punch Man)
Currently Playing - Final Fantasy IX
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Retro_on_theGo

@RevolverLink and @RR529 Thanks for the recommendations!
I'll keep an eye on Wlf Children, been hearing good things about it.

Retro's anime movie of the day today is... Redline! This oughta be fun.

EDIT: Well... That was something else! My least favorite of the 3 I've seen this week, but still awesome. The final race at the end was intense! Pretty freakin' action packed. Nice mindless race movie.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

turtlelink

So I finished FMA over the weekend and I loved it!

I recently started Brotherhood and...
I want Al's old VA back. Oh well, I'll most likely get used to it. Also, the first opening and ending for FMAB are just incredible. I swear they just keep getting better and better .

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

CrimsonFire

Personally i think the Brotherhood openings are mile better than the FMA opening.In FMA i only liked the last opening.In FMAB i loved all of them except the 4th one

Jaz007

I just finished watching the first 9 episodes of Fairy Tail. I love it, great action, characters, and humor.

Backkoggery ID: Jaz007
Currently playing: BotW, Overwatch, and Persona 5.

CanisWolfred

You haven't even gotten to the good part yet. The first 10 episodes are terrible compared to...well, they're just terrible. You have low standards. Prepare for the bar to be raised by episode 20.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

kkslider5552000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

So I'm guessing The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya isn't as enjoyable if you haven't finished the series?

Pretty much. Unfortunately it's looking more and more like a series finale on the anime side of things since Kyo-ani is doing anything except adapting anymore Haruhi, which makes me sad.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

CrimsonFire

What is Rurouni Kenshin basically about?Anyone

If i dont get into this anime,I guess i'll jump back into Fairy Tail and just skip the filler season(I really didnt want to do this but the filler so far as i remember sucked)

Edited on by CrimsonFire

RR529

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

What is Rurouni Kenshin basically about?Anyone

If i dont get into this anime,I guess i'll jump back into Fairy Tail and just skip the filler season(I really didnt want to do this but the filler so far as i remember sucked)

Rurouni Kenshin is one of my favorites!

It's set 10 years after the end Meiji Revolution, and it follows Kenshin Himura. He is a highly skilled swordsman who killed countless people during the war, but has since devoted his life to protecting the weak, and never to kill again (using a "reverse blade" sword).

He gets settled down in a sword dojo in Tokyo (which he protects in episode one, from someone claiming to be him), but soon word of his identity gets out, and young punks & old rivals seek him out to make a name for themselves.

The story evolves from there, but that's how it starts.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic