Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 6,441 to 6,460 of 11,967

Rocko52

What's summer wars about?

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

Rocko52

Well, I'm starting to become addicted to Lucky Star.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Retro_on_theGo

Rocko52 wrote:

Well, I'm starting to become addicted to Lucky Star.

That's not only normal. It's expected. Additional side effects may include, but are not limited to, extreme happiness, tough to only watch 1 episode, sudden desire to put :3 and x3 face everywhere, and enjoying slice of life more. If any or all of these stay around after the series ends, watch the OVA's. multiple times if necessary.
If side effects still persist, similar animes are K-on!

Rocko52

It's been a few days since I saw the first episode, but I've just been watching quite a few tonight... :3

CrimsonFire

I dont know what to do

I cant find the subbed version of Cowboy Bebop The Movie.but i found it dubbed.

I saw the series subbed and want to do the same with the movie.Should i just watch dubbed now or wait till i might find it subbed?

Rocko52

Well there are two options, search harder or watch it dubbed.
Now which would bring you more enjoyment?
You are accustomed to the Japanese Voice Actors, so that would definitely be a change. Then dubs vary in quality. So the experience might not be as well translated. Then again, it's still the same film, with the characters you love. There's also the fact that you want to watch this since you loved the film.
Good luck picking partner.
:3

Rocko52

And I'm watching Luck Star Episode 4.

Rocko52

It might be. Summer's starting, I'm 16 minutes into it and they were just running track.

RR529

Just finished reading chapter 17 of Bushidou Sixteen! I only have one chapter left to go, so I'll wait to post my full opinions until I've read it, but so far it's been great!

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Retro_on_theGo

I just finished it actually. That was adorable! I loved it. I loved the art style. It's just simple and fluid, but the backgrounds were nicely detailed. The plot worked. Great little love story.
Someone please find me the song that plays when she does her last big time leap!!
Edit: Can anyone recommended other great anime movies to watch? I've missed out on so many.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

RR529

@Retro_on_theGo:

Movies:

• Macross: Do You Remember Love?
  • Akira
  • Fatal Fury: the New Battle
  • Fatal Fury: the Motion Picture
  • Spriggan
  • Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer
  • Spirited Away
  • Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
  • Ponyo
  • Appleseed (80's)
  • Appleseed (2000's)
  • Black Magic M66
  • Riding Bean
  • Ghost in the Shell
  • Read or Die
  • Ninja Scroll
  • Venus Wars

OVAs:

• Cyber City OEDO 808
  • Iria Zeiram: the Animation
  • Orguss 02
  • Gunsmith Cats
  • Battle Angel
  • A.D. Police Files

These should last you awhile (also, most, though not all, of these can be found on YouTube from a user called Madbull165) There are some more as well, but I've felt these are the best (watch out for Gowcaizer though, it has a ludicrous amount of fanservice. The action's great, though).

EDIT: added a few more (how could I forget those)

Edited on by RR529

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic