General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 6,241 to 6,260 of 10,488

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,241. Posted:

Finished up Bucchigiri Cabin Attendant (at least what Manga Fox had of it) today.

Overall it was a pretty funny story about airplane stewardesses dealing with their job, and with their gangster ("bucchigiri") boss dealing with unruly passengers (usually by beating the crud out of them), such as privilaged foreign politicians, terrorists, student punks, and more.

For those worried, fan service slightly picks up starting in volume 2, but overall has a very minimal presence.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,242. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
What do you personally think is the best anime to have come out of Spring 2013?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,243. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
What do you personally think is the best anime to have come out of Spring 2013?

I haven't watch much besides a few episodes of a few shows, so I don't think I'm qualified to give any judgement right now. :|

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ramstrong

6,244. Posted:

Konata wrote:

Look what I found at my friendly Barnes & Nobel! I looked through them but I still didn't find them interesting x3.
Untitled

I read through 4, but I fail to see the draw. IMO, FLCL is better than this.

Petit Computer Journal
Old site http://ramstrong.blogspot.com

Let's just call a spade, a spade.

3DS Friend Code: 1091-7596-4855

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

6,245. Posted:

I decided to start watching The Devil is a Part-Timer! on a whim, and I'm glad I did. I marathon'd right through the first 7 episodes yesterday.

It's sweet and charming, pretty funny at times (especially when it's mining humor from its "culture shock of medieval fantasy archetypes stuck living in the modern world" premise) and it's easy on the eyes too. The action scenes, in particular, have been well-animated so far.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,246. Posted:

Hey everyone! What would be your fantasy arc, for your favorite shows?

Bleach - Government entities (JSDF, U.S. Military, UN, ect) have known about spiritual beings for decades, and have long since developed methods for observing (and if needed, combating) those spiritual beings.

After the events of the series, the powers that be have decided that Soul Society is no longer competent enough to oversee the spiritual dealings on Earth, and that their mismanagement has put the population of Earth at risk too many times.

Ichigo, his family, and friends (including Uehara) are quickly apprehended (taken unaware by this new organisation), and using Uehara as a messanger, they order Soul Society to hereby pull their operatives from the world of the living, stating that any spiritual beings that threaten the people of Earth (referencing hollows), will be dealt with by the authorities of Earth.

From then on, there'd be a growing tension throughout the arc, climaxing with a potential nuclear strike on Soul Society (confiscating everything in Uehara's shop, they'd have access to the means necessary to open gates to both Soul Society & Hueco Mundo).

I know this probably sounds stupid to everyone here, but in any anime where things are supposedly linked to the real world, I'd like to think that the government at least knows a little bit about what's going on, and that it would make a great arc if they were to decide to take things into their own hands :P

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

6,247. Posted:

Can anyone tell me if the anime Nabari no Ou is good? And what is its content that might offensive?

Edited on by Jaz007

Currently playing: Torchlight 2 , Rune Factory 4, Dust: An Elysian Trail, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Uncharted 3.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

6,248. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Hey everyone! What would be your fantasy arc, for your favorite shows?

Bleach - Government entities (JSDF, U.S. Military, UN, ect) have known about spiritual beings for decades, and have long since developed methods for observing (and if needed, combating) those spiritual beings...

I feel like that's already been done. Silent Mobius, maybe?

And I am not revealing the piles of Gundam Fanfiction I've made over the years. u_u

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

6,249. Posted:

Last night I remembered that I had left Planetes hanging :/

I'm up to Phase 9 right now. I like how incredibly hard the sc-fi elements of the story are, as well as how human the characters are made out to be. I just can't fight the feeling that this show would be much better with 44-minute long episodes though. There's so much happening in each episode that there's always a little bit of mood whiplash here and there.

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,250. Posted:

So...I'm liking Evangelion so far...only 4 eps in...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

6,251. Posted:

You can totally feel free to ignore this @Rocko52, but I'll suggest trying to watch/read something lighter as a pick-me-up either after you finish with Evangelion or even between runs of episodes. That show can get intense and downright depressing at times, especially during the back half of its run.

Magikarp wrote:

Last night I remembered that I had left Planetes hanging :/

I'm up to Phase 9 right now. I like how incredibly hard the sc-fi elements of the story are, as well as how human the characters are made out to be. I just can't fight the feeling that this show would be much better with 44-minute long episodes though. There's so much happening in each episode that there's always a little bit of mood whiplash here and there.

Wow, speaking of shows with darker second halves.

I don't think you'll have to worry about mood whiplash so much during the last 13 or so episodes, because, from what I remember, the second half of the show is consistently rather grim and it often forces those well-developed characters to face some very difficult choices.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,252. Posted:

@RevolverLink
I know I probably should, but I'm already watching Fruits Basket, so...ya.
Episode Status:
Attack on Titan: Finished Episode 9
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet: Finished Episode 9
Bleach: Finished Episode 32
One Piece: Finished Episode 31
Fruits Basket: Finished Episode 8
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Finished Episode 4

AuthorMessage

RR529

6,253. Posted:

I've been reading Bushido Sixteen, and so far it's been fantastic!

The story revolves around two members of a high school kendo club (the talented, & somewhat arrogant Isoyama, and the lighthearted Nishiogi). The art is great, the matches are intense (since it's been one hit wins so far, it's more a thinking battle, rather than wild action), and the story seems good so far.

And for those concerned, there has been no fanservice whatsoever (I'm 5 chapters in).

Currently Playing:

Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

6,254. Posted:

I kinda was early to an event yesterday, so I dropped into a bookstore and started reading Bakuman. I really enjoyed it! I might have to actually start following it now :o

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,255. Posted:

Go with it then. Sounds good, I've been planning on checking it out...sometime.....

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

6,256. Posted:

I just saw the first episode of The Devil is a Part-Timer! I love it!!! X3

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,257. Posted:

I love the second ending of One Piece. I liked the first one a lot, but this one is much better IMO.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

6,258. Posted:

Currently watching

Attack on Titan Episode 9
Gargantia on Vendrous Planet Episode 9
Darker Than Black: Ryuusei No Gemini Episode 7

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

6,259. Posted:

@CrimsonFire13
Like Gargantia much?

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

6,260. Posted:

@Rocko

I do.It's interesting.I like the animation and even though I am not "in love" with the anime and watching my other 2 animes which i believe are more interesting this is just an anime which i like to eat my food while watching.Good/Decent anime

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS