General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,821 to 5,840 of 10,214

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,821. Posted:

The art style seems similar. Can you describe it for me?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,822. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

The art style seems similar. Can you describe it for me?

Describe Fairy Tail? I haven't seen it in years so you could probably get a better description from other users here or it's Wiki. From what I remember Natsu is look for Igneal (or was it Salamander?), his adopted Dragon father who raised him, and is a member of the Fairy Tail guild. Lucy dreams to join it and when she does the show becomes her going on quests with Natsu and other friends she meets in the guild. It's a world of magic and everyone is a wizard or sorcerer but not in the traditional way you'd imagine.
Describing it reminded me of that Fairy Tail game for the PSP! I want it! It was basically Monster Hunter with Fairy Tail characters! UUUGHH!! Japan!!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,823. Posted:

Monster Hunter.....I love that game......
Should I check it out? I love One Piece.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,824. Posted:

Well i have seen Fairy Tail till episode 135.So far the episodes from 1- 130 were great ,but after 130 something it was a filler season so i stopped watching it but plan on watching it some day.

I reccomend it

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,825. Posted:

Well it has a wondrous world like One Piece that tries to absorb you and really make you like it, feel like you're there, but I wouldn't say it does as well of a job. The characters are all likable though and are not all entirely useless. I think it really depends on the person that likes One Piece if you'll like Fairy Tail too. I'd say definitely give it a shot and see if it clicks with you. Give it more than just the first few eps though to really get a taste of it..

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,826. Posted:

I'll check it out some time.

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

5,827. Posted:

So I started watching bamboo blade last night. I watched 4 episodes. It's a great anime. I'm Looking forward to watching more.

Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, Batman: Arkham Origins (new game plus), Valkria Chronicles, and Uncharted 2.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

5,828. Posted:

You know, every time I read more Hayate the Combat Butler, I realize the manga is the same 3 general jokes over and over again...usually. Midunderstanding/awkward situation comedy, line that makes a character sound dumb followed by silence and a look of "seriously?" from another character, or a character comparing something to an anime situation. And yet somehow it always works.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!: https://www.youtube.com/user/SliderGamer55/videos

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,829. Posted:

Huh. Sounds like it'd get old.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,830. Posted:

Can anyone tell me anything about Ao no Exorcist ?

I am considering to watch it

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,831. Posted:

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Can anyone tell me anything about Ao no Exorcist ?

I am considering to watch it

I watched 8 episodes of it. It has an interesting premise and world - I especially like how the world looks like ours, but is eventually shown to be completely different from what you'd expect. Some of the characters were cool, too, and had nice backstories. I gotta warn you, it's really slow for a 25 episode show. It's obvious they were expecting to go longer...but didn't. Most notably, the action is very light from what I saw. I imagine it gets better later on, bujt they build up the main dude, only to literally force him to never draw his sword. He only fought twice in 8 episodes, and both times it was over in a flash. The main dude's kind of annoying, too. I kinda wish the show starred someone else, honestly. I gotta read the manga someday to see if it's better.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,832. Posted:

Quite honestly, an anime doesn't need fighting to be good.

AuthorMessage

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

5,833. Posted:

Mushi-Shi is my favorite anime of all-time. It's not for everyone but I would highly recommend it to anyone (if that makes sense ;)). The live action film is pretty solid as well.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

5,834. Posted:

I have a question about Episode 4 of FMA Brotherhood. I was watching it last night, and I got confused at the part where Fullmetal caught on that the man did the transmutation. Did the man actually do the transmutation using his daughter, or what?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,835. Posted:

@ChrisT99
I'm guessing this has to do with Tucker and Nina? I know I haven't watched FMA B, but that sounds like the situation. Basically he merged Nina with the dog to get a chimera.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,836. Posted:

^ SPLRZ - but yes, that's what happened.

Rocko52 wrote:

Quite honestly, an anime doesn't need fighting to be good.

It's a tournament fighter shounen Naruto wannabe, it better have good action.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,837. Posted:

Ah, gotcha.

AuthorMessage

KAHN

5,838. Posted:

picked up the first and only five "Blade of the Immortal" mangas at my book store, as well as the first four Fullmetal Alchemist mangas. really surprised how much i like the BotI books, also surprised how much better the FMA Manga is than the first anime. i would be watching FMA:brotherhood, but it was taken off netflix, so bummer.

KAHN

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1301-2772 | Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

5,839. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@ChrisT99
I'm guessing this has to do with Tucker and Nina? I know I haven't watched FMA B, but that sounds like the situation. Basically he merged Nina with the dog to get a chimera.

Ah, thanks. I thought so, but I wasn't sure.
I actually didn't want to believe that at first though because it kinda scared me (or some similar emotion, Idk).

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,840. Posted:

Ya that was a quite tragic episode. I know they greatly enlargened Tucker's role in FMA cause he's killed by Scar right in his house in the manga/FMA B. I also think Nina's death was a bit more emotional in the first anime.