Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 5,821 to 5,840 of 11,967

kkslider5552000

You know, every time I read more Hayate the Combat Butler, I realize the manga is the same 3 general jokes over and over again...usually. Midunderstanding/awkward situation comedy, line that makes a character sound dumb followed by silence and a look of "seriously?" from another character, or a character comparing something to an anime situation. And yet somehow it always works.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Rocko52

Huh. Sounds like it'd get old.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: The Golden Compass

CanisWolfred

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

Can anyone tell me anything about Ao no Exorcist ?

I am considering to watch it

I watched 8 episodes of it. It has an interesting premise and world - I especially like how the world looks like ours, but is eventually shown to be completely different from what you'd expect. Some of the characters were cool, too, and had nice backstories. I gotta warn you, it's really slow for a 25 episode show. It's obvious they were expecting to go longer...but didn't. Most notably, the action is very light from what I saw. I imagine it gets better later on, bujt they build up the main dude, only to literally force him to never draw his sword. He only fought twice in 8 episodes, and both times it was over in a flash. The main dude's kind of annoying, too. I kinda wish the show starred someone else, honestly. I gotta read the manga someday to see if it's better.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

Quite honestly, an anime doesn't need fighting to be good.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Lupin III, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Mushi-Shi is my favorite anime of all-time. It's not for everyone but I would highly recommend it to anyone (if that makes sense ). The live action film is pretty solid as well.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Dj64Mk7

I have a question about Episode 4 of FMA Brotherhood. I was watching it last night, and I got confused at the part where Fullmetal caught on that the man did the transmutation. Did the man actually do the transmutation using his daughter, or what?

Dj64Mk7

Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7

Rocko52

@ChrisT99
I'm guessing this has to do with Tucker and Nina? I know I haven't watched FMA B, but that sounds like the situation. Basically he merged Nina with the dog to get a chimera.

CanisWolfred

^ SPLRZ - but yes, that's what happened.

Rocko52 wrote:

Quite honestly, an anime doesn't need fighting to be good.

It's a tournament fighter shounen Naruto wannabe, it better have good action.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

I'm Glad the Switch was not a Sandwich Oven!

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

Ah, gotcha.

KAHN

picked up the first and only five "Blade of the Immortal" mangas at my book store, as well as the first four Fullmetal Alchemist mangas. really surprised how much i like the BotI books, also surprised how much better the FMA Manga is than the first anime. i would be watching FMA:brotherhood, but it was taken off netflix, so bummer.

KAHN

Nintendo Network ID: Milkman12

Dj64Mk7

Rocko52 wrote:

@ChrisT99
I'm guessing this has to do with Tucker and Nina? I know I haven't watched FMA B, but that sounds like the situation. Basically he merged Nina with the dog to get a chimera.

Ah, thanks. I thought so, but I wasn't sure.
I actually didn't want to believe that at first though because it kinda scared me (or some similar emotion, Idk).

Dj64Mk7

Rocko52

Ya that was a quite tragic episode. I know they greatly enlargened Tucker's role in FMA cause he's killed by Scar right in his house in the manga/FMA B. I also think Nina's death was a bit more emotional in the first anime.

Dj64Mk7

Is episode 5 nearly as tragic?

Dj64Mk7

Rocko52

Dunno, haven't seen Brotherhood. In the manga/FMA B, I know that the Tucker incident happens in the present, unlike in FMA where it's part of a multiple episode flashback.

Dj64Mk7

Ok, thanks. I guess I'll watch it and see what happens.

Dj64Mk7

Rocko52

I will watch FMA B eventually, but I think I'd rather read the manga. I seriously love FMA though so I get annoyed when I see FMA B fanboys dissing it.

Arianabtd

Rocko52 wrote:

I seriously love FMA though so I get annoyed when I see FMA B fanboys dissing it.

..so how come I notice you always saying that everything about FMA is better than FMA B?
Isn't that like, the same thing? xD.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Rocko52

Well ya see....ya got me. -_-

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic