Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 5,801 to 5,820 of 11,850

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

RR529 wrote:

SpearGuy wrote:

Anyone here watch Dragon Ball?

There are people who haven't seen Dragon Ball!?

Seriously though, I've seen the anime, and I've read the manga a few years ago.

You'd be surprised. As popular as DBZ was, the original tends to fall under the radar.

which is a shame as its often way more entertaining.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 better be happening! In the meanwhile though, here's a fun little Let's Play of the original. Think you'll like the game if you like Zelda!
LeT's PlAy BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

Rocko52

@RR529
Well don't tell me...please...

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

RR529

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
Well don't tell me...please...

I won't.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Rocko52

Thank ya.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

RR529

I just finished up reading a one shot called Adabana. It was pretty dark, but good.

It starts off telling the legend of a cursed sword called the "Dark Flower", then focuses on a village on the eve of destruction. You see, there have been a band of murderous bandits on the loose, and this village is next on their list. What's worse is that their feared leader is rumored to have the infamous blade.

There might still be hope though, as a mysterious swordsman wanders into the land, and offers his services to the village.

Apparently it won some sort of manga award from Square Enix.

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

FonistofCruxis

Due it being so massively long, the Future arc in Reborn is split into various sub-arcs and I've finished the first two sub-arcs which were very good for the most part. There was a period in the second sub-arc where battles were progressing slowly due to how many were going on in each episode as well as having overly long recaps but that didn't take up too much of the sub-arc. There were some awesome fights though, especially the Tsuna vs. Genkishi fight and the last episode of that sub-arc has some nice heartwarming moments.. The next sub-arc is filler but it's not that long and the premise sounds fairly interesting.

@Konata Do you have room for any more openings in that project that you're working on?

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

RR529

Since it was only 18 chapters, I've spent the last few days reading through B. Reaction.

It was about the hot shot martial artist of a school, who was humiliated after getting his butt handed to him by his teacher. Vowing to get revenge, he gets himself into a lot of trouble (gaining new rivals along the way).

It was pretty decent, but nothing spectacular. The action was pretty great, but it didn't really have much of a resolution, and then there was the whole fact that he ended up falling for the teacher... (oh, and then there was the fan service. While not explicit, it happened pretty regularly)

Edited on by RR529

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
I've heard people say One Piece and Fairy Tail are similar...

Rocko52

Now, is it a rip off?

Rocko52

The art style seems similar. Can you describe it for me?

Retro_on_theGo

Rocko52 wrote:

The art style seems similar. Can you describe it for me?

Describe Fairy Tail? I haven't seen it in years so you could probably get a better description from other users here or it's Wiki. From what I remember Natsu is look for Igneal (or was it Salamander?), his adopted Dragon father who raised him, and is a member of the Fairy Tail guild. Lucy dreams to join it and when she does the show becomes her going on quests with Natsu and other friends she meets in the guild. It's a world of magic and everyone is a wizard or sorcerer but not in the traditional way you'd imagine.
Describing it reminded me of that Fairy Tail game for the PSP! I want it! It was basically Monster Hunter with Fairy Tail characters! UUUGHH!! Japan!!

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

Rocko52

Monster Hunter.....I love that game......
Should I check it out? I love One Piece.

CrimsonFire

Well i have seen Fairy Tail till episode 135.So far the episodes from 1- 130 were great ,but after 130 something it was a filler season so i stopped watching it but plan on watching it some day.

I reccomend it

Retro_on_theGo

Well it has a wondrous world like One Piece that tries to absorb you and really make you like it, feel like you're there, but I wouldn't say it does as well of a job. The characters are all likable though and are not all entirely useless. I think it really depends on the person that likes One Piece if you'll like Fairy Tail too. I'd say definitely give it a shot and see if it clicks with you. Give it more than just the first few eps though to really get a taste of it..

Rocko52

I'll check it out some time.

Jaz007

So I started watching bamboo blade last night. I watched 4 episodes. It's a great anime. I'm Looking forward to watching more.

Jaz007

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic