General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,761 to 5,780 of 10,056

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,761. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
Couuld you add me as a 3DS friend?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe.
Sure what the heck. I'll add you when I got some time.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,762. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Even though that comment was worded a bit harshly, yes. I don't think any of you should take what I said seriously, I just wanted to say how I felt currently. Brotherhood could pass my expectations of it, or it might not click, who knows. But Ed's hair does look weird in Brotherhood...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

5,763. Posted:

@Konata.
One Piece OP 6
One Piece Op 11
Soul Eater
Yu Yu Hakusho
Dragon Ball GT
Every Naruto Opening :P

Hope you like them, cause I sure do lol.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,764. Posted:

@Konata
Ghost in the Shell Standalone Complex Opening

@CanisWolfred
I've also heard the humor in Brotherhood is out of place, and that it's not as dark as FMA.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,765. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata

@CanisWolfred
I've also heard the humor in Brotherhood is out of place, and that it's not as dark as FMA.

The humor gets good after, like, 10 episodes in. And i'd argue that it's darker...

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,766. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata

@CanisWolfred

The humor gets good after, like, 10 episodes in. And i'd argue that it's darker...

Let's stop trying to convince him that FMA:B is better, (Even though, it is..) let's just let him watch it and figure it out for himself x3.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

5,767. Posted:

the worst complaint ("complaint") I've heard about Brotherhood is that its more shonen-y.

looks at own list of favorite anime

again, "complaint"

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,768. Posted:

Huh. Shonen-y is a complaint I've heard, not that I mind Shonen. I dunno, I'll definitely watch it at some point, but for right now my main reasons not to are that I dislike the art, fanboys who hate on FMA, complaints that it has lame/inappropriate timed humor, that it's more lighthearted, that it's characters have less depth, and the pacing is bad. I will watch it at some point, but it's not high on my priorities by any standard.

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,769. Posted:

Fma and Fma:B are both great.END OF CONVERSATION

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,770. Posted:

Then again, I'm really not a great early judge. Based on the first episode of Trigun alone I didn't like it, but now I love it.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,771. Posted:

Has any anime ever gone for an anthology series? I don't think I've ever seen one. I'd sure like to see how'd that work out.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

5,772. Posted:

@Konata Vampire Knight has a good beginning. http://youtu.be/1caZJtPXSME

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted 2..

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,773. Posted:

@Konata [C]'s opening ROCKS!

Rocko52 wrote:

Huh. Shonen-y is a complaint I've heard, not that I mind Shonen. I dunno, I'll definitely watch it at some point, but for right now my main reasons not to are that I dislike the art, fanboys who hate on FMA, complaints that it has lame/inappropriate timed humor, that it's more lighthearted, that it's characters have less depth, and the pacing is bad. I will watch it at some point, but it's not high on my priorities by any standard.

I actually greatly prefer Brotherhood's style to FMA's. The first anime's just seems so stiff to me in comparison. Things look smoother around the edges so to say in Brotherhood for me. And are those complaints you listed directed towards Brotherhood? Cause you listed the exact opposite of what makes it so great. Minus the pacing, and even then I'd argue that's only a problem for the earlier half of the show.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,774. Posted:

They aren't complaints I have, but are ones I've heard.

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,775. Posted:

Just finished watching 8 Man After on YouTube!

Pretty entertaining. It was your Japanese style cyborg super hero stuff (think Tatsunoko properties), just a bit darker and story driven. The action was pretty good as well.

Oh, and the police chief kinda looked like a gruff Mario, lol.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,776. Posted:

WODODUENNAODNDIDBD.
The 200th chapter of Skip Beat! JUST CAME OUT!
I'm like oozing with happiness! I must read it now :O
~Wooshes to site

(Ps, Thanks @everyone for all the suggestions, I'm gonna start combing through all of them now ^^.)

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,777. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Has any anime ever gone for an anthology series? I don't think I've ever seen one. I'd sure like to see how'd that work out.

There are a few, I know I've seen at least three: Gundam Evolved, MS IGLOO, and Rumiko Takahashi Anthology (Aka Rumic Theater).

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,778. Posted:

Well I read that chapter in less than a blink of an eye.
It got so good! I want to skip a month so I can read the next chapter :O.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,779. Posted:

@Konata
It ain't a weekly manga?

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,780. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
It ain't a weekly manga?

Heck no, it's monthly.

Visit my K-Pop lair!