General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,741 to 5,760 of 10,056

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,741. Posted:

@RR529
They've already done that.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,742. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@RR529
They've already done that.

I meant the main barracks where the Soul Reapers are (after they bust in with the canon).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,743. Posted:

Eight episodes in, and I'm really liking Angel Beats! so far. There are probably a few too many characters for how short the series is, but it's surprising how effectively it can move back and forth between "achingly sad" and "genuinely funny" within the span of a single episode. That "distraction" gag in episode 5 literally had me laughing out loud, which is not something many anime have done.

@Konata - How many are you looking for? I can think of a large number of anime openings that I really like, but if you don't want too many, I could provide the links to only a couple of them.

@CanisWolfred - I'm thinking of giving Gundam a shot for the first time since the late-90s/early-00s. Is the original Mobile Suit Gundam series the best place to start?

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,744. Posted:

@RevolverLink
As many as you'd like to share with me. I need to find a bunch to decide which would match what i'm trying to do.
Thanks ^^.

I'm sorrryy I keep disappearing >_<.
Visit my K-Pop lair!
My favorite k-pop songs Come Listen!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,745. Posted:

Alright then, I'll be back in... a while.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,746. Posted:

@Konata

All the FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood openings are really good

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

5,747. Posted:

Hey Everyone! I'm new to this thread, but I came here to get recommendations instead of creating another.

I have recently been into a ton of Japanese stuff (J-pop, J-rock, anime, manga), and I just read the entire first volume of Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicles, and I was wondering whether I should finish the rest of the series, or whether I should move on to another manga?

Also, I started watching the very first episode of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Should I go back and watch the 1st season (Fullmetal Alchemist) before continuing on with the 2nd (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,748. Posted:

ChrisT99 wrote:

Hey Everyone! I'm new to this thread, but I came here to get recommendations instead of creating another.

Also, I started watching the very first episode of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Should I go back and watch the 1st season (Fullmetal Alchemist) before continuing on with the 2nd (Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)?

Welcome to the thread! ^^.
Actually FMA and FMA:Brotherhood are two different series completely.
One follows the manga more closely, but the other strays away from the manga for its own story. But they both start in basically in the same place.
I suggest finishing Brotherhood, then watching FMA.

Edited on by Konata

Visit my K-Pop lair!

3DS Friend Code: 5284-2709-9903 | Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: SherrSamala

AuthorMessage

ChrisT99

5,749. Posted:

@Konata Thanks K-lover, I'll do that.

This may be off-topic, but do you know of any good websites for listening to/downloading J-Pop/Rock and/or K-Pop/Rock?

My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 3437-3231-8348 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter: dj64mk7

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,750. Posted:

@ChrisT99
I would suggest just sticking to Youtube to finding songs and things. I know there are loads and loads of K-Pop there, so i'm guessing there's a lot of J-Pop also.
I wouldn't suggest downloading them for free :O. I mean, buy the songs if you can.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,751. Posted:

@Konata - Some of these OPs are much less action-packed than others (and some of them I like more for their music and/or how well they fit their respective show), of course, but I hope you can find a decent amount of material from the following:

Cowboy Bebop
Baccano!
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (opening 2)
One Piece (opening 1)
One Piece (opening 15)
Samurai Champloo
Kids on the Slope
Persona 4: The Animation (opening 2)
BECK/Mongolian Chop Squad
Steins;Gate
Bleach (opening 2)
Attack on Titan
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Fullmetal Alchemist (opening 1)
Fullmetal Alchemist (opening 4)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (opening 2)
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (opening 3)
Blood+ (opening 3)
Princess Jellyfish
Outlaw Star
Wolf's Rain
Durarara!! (opening 1)
Durarara!! (opening 2)
Samurai 7
Dragon Ball
Highschool of the Dead
xxxHOLiC
Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIG
Ghost Hound
Occult Academy

And as a bonus, because I clearly didn't spend enough time looking at OPs, here's my favorite ED: Eden of the East.

The Revloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,752. Posted:

@Konata Wow...That's a bit of a tall order. I went through some of my personal faves, and most of them aren't very action-packed, despite the shows themselves being kick@$$ with lots of action...

But here's some that come close:

Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Code Geass R2
Saber Marionette J
Gasaraki
Samurai Troopers
Blue Submarine 06 - Might be fan-made! I don't recall the show having an actual opening...
Super Dimension Space Fortress Macross
Gaiking: The Legend of Daiku Maryu

RevolverLink wrote:

@CanisWolfred - I'm thinking of giving Gundam a shot for the first time since the late-90s/early-00s. Is the original Mobile Suit Gundam series the best place to start?

Of course, though be aware that the original doesn't have great animation - there's some noticeable flaws and quite a bit of reused animation. I also recommend watching it dubbed if you can. It has one of the best English dubs from the early 2000's, and two notable recurring characters, Char and Bright, sound the best in their English version (especially Bright, who phones in his performance on every sub I've seen of him). At least in my opinion.

In fact, if you really get into it, you might just want to watch them in release order, since a lot of later ones take queues from previous series.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,753. Posted:

@Konata
All 4 FMA Openings, Death Note Opening 1, Trigun Opening, Attack on Titan Opening, One Piece Opening 1 (Dubbed), and Bleach Opening 1.

@ChrisT99
NOOOO! Watch FMA first!! Or read the manga.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

5,754. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
@ChrisT99

Nah, I'd encourage him to start with Brotherhood instead too. It's just overall better imo. The only thing the first has over Brotherhood is pacing and timing.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,755. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@ChrisT99

Um, why are you telling him to not watch Brotherhood? It's basically the best version for many reasons...

I mean, you can't go wrong with any version, but if you're gonna watch one version, you may as well watch the best.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,756. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

@ChrisT99

I mean, you can't go wrong with any version, but if you're gonna watch one version, you may as well watch the best.

I 1+ this statement.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,757. Posted:

Oh come on! I can't adequately judge yet as I've not seen Brotherhood, but the first show is fantastic even though it heavily diverges from the manga. I've watched some clips of familiar scenes from FMA in Brotherhood including some deaths, and I just didn't like them as much, same with the art style. I've encountered many Brotherhood fanboys, (who knows, it may deserve all this, but it'll be forever before I watch it, besides, for the canon version of FMA I'd rather read the manga, which I'm planning on doing very soon.) on many forums and such, it can be annoying. I know several IRL fans who dislike Brotherhood, but loved the original and I read an article comparing the two. Again, I'm in no position to make comparison, but I absolutely loved FMA, and it's tied with Death Note as my favorite anime.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,758. Posted:

@Konata
Couuld you add me as a 3DS friend?

AuthorMessage

Konata

5,759. Posted:

There's one fatal flaw with that paragraph...

Rocko52 wrote:

I can't adequately judge yet as I've not seen Brotherhood.

Even if you read comparisons, or clips of Brotherhood. You still can't have a 100% accurate assessment on which is better.
And you said you're in no position to make a comparison, but you still sorta did x3.

Visit my K-Pop lair!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,760. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Oh come on! I can't adequately judge yet as I've not seen Brotherhood, but the first show is fantastic even though it heavily diverges from the manga. I've watched some clips of familiar scenes from FMA in Brotherhood including some deaths, and I just didn't like them as much, same with the art style. I've encountered many Brotherhood fanboys, (who knows, it may deserve all this, but it'll be forever before I watch it, besides, for the canon version of FMA I'd rather read the manga, which I'm planning on doing very soon.) on many forums and such, it can be annoying. I know several IRL fans who dislike Brotherhood, but loved the original and I read an article comparing the two. Again, I'm in no position to make comparison, but I absolutely loved FMA, and it's tied with Death Note as my favorite anime.

So what you're saying is....we shouldn't be taking you seriously? Good to know.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~