General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,561 to 5,580 of 10,213

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,561. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Please don't just post a random picture and nothing else. This thread is for discussion, and contrary to popular belief, a picture =/= 1000 words. If you're going to pust a picture, at least say something related to it, please.

/A request from a fellow forum user.

I'm going to quote this, just so it doesn't get accidentally overlooked (as often happens with the bottom post on a page).

I concur, as well. I'm limited to using my 3DS, and too many pictures (or videos) can cause it to abandon loading a particular page.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,562. Posted:

Sorry folks.
@RR529
Are you a college student, high school student, or graduate? I doubt you're younger than those but...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,563. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Sorry folks.
@RR529
Are you a college student, high school student, or graduate? I doubt you're younger than those but...

College aged.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,564. Posted:

@RR529
Just not college enrolled, gotcha.
Soooo, sorry for image spams.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,565. Posted:

So, Kid Icarus Uprising anime anyone?

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,566. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

So, Kid Icarus Uprising anime anyone?

In the right hands, it could be great.

The Kid Icarus anime shorts Nintendo uploaded onto Nintendo Video last year were stunning (except for that ugly as heck CGI one).

Famous studios, such as Production I.G., Studio 4Cº, and Bones contributed, I believe (Could be wrong on Bones, but I'm thinking it was them).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,567. Posted:

@RR529
Agreed, they were all very nice. I really disliked the CGI one.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,568. Posted:

Top Anime:
1. (Tied) Death Note and Fullmetal Alchemist
2. (Tied)Bleach and Attack on Titan
3. One Piece
4. Trigun

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,569. Posted:

It was hard, but I found the opening to the original Mobile Suit Gundam:

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,570. Posted:

I've finished episode 7 of Trigun, liking it a lot. It's the dub though, it's Funimation, but I was wondering what everyone else thought of the dub.

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,571. Posted:

A lot of people (and I include myself) love Trigun's English dub, and can't imagine any other voices as the four leads. Funimation didn't dub the original series, though, they just acquired the rights to it a few years back. I thought they did do a great job with their dub of Trigun: Badlands Rumble; they had to re-cast everybody except Vash, but the new voice actors managed to honor the spirit of the characters and original series while still sounding passably similar to the previous English voice actors.

Oh, and just wait until Nicholas D. Wolfwood starts showing up. My favorite episodes of Trigun almost always tend to be the ones where Wolfwood is prominently involved. He's just such a great foil for Vash, and a fascinating character in his own right.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,572. Posted:

@rocko52

That cat!

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,573. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
I love Kuroneku Sama! I'm on episode 11 of Trigun...

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,574. Posted:

I talled up all the good mecha shows I have left to watch, then added up all the episodes to see just how much I have left to see. The end muber? 666. Plus 3 movies. I've sold my soul for mecha...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,575. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
I know it's an american show (but Toei did animate parts of it) but would you consider The Transformers (G1) a mecha?

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,576. Posted:

Anyone know if the new anime, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet is any good?

Also, @CanisWolfred
By now I'm sure you've seen more of Valvrave, is it any good?

Edited on by Rocko52

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,577. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
I know it's an american show (but Toei did animate parts of it) but would you consider The Transformers (G1) a mecha?

No. It fits neither classification of Mecha. The giant robots are not pilotable, instead their characters themselves. It also doesn't fit the Real Robot definition (which is I, and a lot of other people, always refer to when talking about "Mecha"), in that they aren't commonplace tools (often used by multiple organizations). It's just a sci-fi action-adventure starring Giant Robots.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,578. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone know if the new anime, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet is any good?

I'd consider it among the best this season has to offer. I feel like it's been hitting all the right notes so far. Granted, I'll have to wait until next week before I can really say more...

Rocko52 wrote:

Also, @CanisWolfred
By now I'm sure you've seen more of Valvrave, is it any good?

Um, as I said before: it'll be a long time before I can make an opinion on Valvrave, since like any mecha show, it'll take a while before the story really picks up, usually about 1/3 of the way in. They only release one episode a week, and they're only up to episode 2 of 26, so I'll get back to you in 7 weeks.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,579. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
I think I'll check out Gargantia before it get too far ahead.

Also, even if yo don't have a full opinion on Valvrave, would you say the first eps were any good?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,580. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
I think I'll check out Gargantia before it get too far ahead.

Also, even if yo don't have a full opinion on Valvrave, would you say the first eps were any good?

No. But then again, I can't remember the last time I thought the first few episodes of a mecha show were any good. I guess Code Geass, but that's probably it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~