General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,521 to 5,540 of 10,000

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,521. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone think Kingdom Hearts'd make a good anime?

If it's anything like the manga, no.

Seriously, they omitted entire worlds, and they took out nearly all the fights (they literally defeated Ansem without any sort of fight, whatsoever).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,522. Posted:

@RR529
Never said it had to be an adaptation of the manga, why not one continuous series that adapts the entire saga accurately, starting with Birth by Sleep and finishing with Kingdom Hearts III which should be out by then. (And they've alrwady said KH 3 is the end of the Xenahort Saga)

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,523. Posted:

Still no. Kingdom Hearts has a terribly overcomplicated story that is descending deeper and deeper into madness with every game. The gameplay is what makes those games worth playing still. Take that out and you're left with just a horrible mess.

Anyways...

@Turtlelink That was pretty cool, though I'm not a fan of Paper Moon personally. Certainly the best fanbud I've encountered, at least.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,524. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Aww...well that's your opinion I guess...

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,525. Posted:

Finally finished episode 3 of Attack on Titan. Although a very different episode, I thought it was great. It's wonderful to see they're keeping the quality up.

Edited on by Rocko52

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,526. Posted:

Anyone know when I should watch the first One Piece movie?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,527. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone know when I should watch the first One Piece movie?

Don't. It's really not very good. In fact...Strong World and One Piece Film Z are the only ones you really need to watch, most of the others aren't that great, IMO.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,528. Posted:

I decided to go back through this thread, as well as one on another forum. The one on the other forum really brought back memories, since I literally turned that thread into a blog. Just look at this: http://www.vc-forums.com/180404-post168.html

I've never seen such a long post before, yet I made it. :P I haven't posted on that forum in quite a while, though...

EDIT: From that same Thread:

And slightly off-topic, but I had a dream last night where I talked to a girl for a long time about this show. She got really interested when I told her it was made by Gainax, makers of Evangelion. Then I managed to convince her to come over to my house to watch Gunbuster! Now there's a fantasy I wish would come true! Screw all my usually cartoony/Gamey dreams!

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,529. Posted:

Huh, guess you were the only breath of life on that forum...

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

5,530. Posted:

Not gonna bother watching the second season of black butler, I watching a few series that are ongoing...need to watch one that is complete.

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
The graveyard | Reviewer at eshop gurus | Owner and reviewer at Droid gurus | Public chat | Forums

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,531. Posted:

I was watching Imagine-Nation last night, and their main theme for the night was Attack on Titan.

When they interviewed the producers of the anime, they said that they took inspiration from the recent The Amazing Spider-Man film, when animating the action scenes.

Also (in case @kkslider stops by), I guess I should note that they also gave a mention to the new Detective Conan film.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,532. Posted:

I think a Kid Icarus Anime would be fun.

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

5,533. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Also (in case @kkslider stops by), I guess I should note that they also gave a mention to the new Detective Conan film.

...ok. That's cool and I appreciate that but I'm not gonna freak out every time someone mentions that the series exists. Though, while we're talking about the latest film, I've heard it's much better than usual. For a while Conan avoided the mediocre shonen annual movie, since they were genuinely great for a while but that couldn't last for the most part. So I hope this a return to that, as I know the anime team can still make some good stories.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,534. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

...ok. That's cool and I appreciate that but I'm not gonna freak out every time someone mentions that the series exists.

Especially since the series seems rather popular in Japan, so a program like Imagine-nation mentioning a movie from it that'll premeir in Japan doesn't sound all that unsual.

Anyways, about Full Metal Panic, I think I'll replace Gintama with it in my watch Line-up. Basically it'll be the next thing I watch after Broken Blade, which I'm only 4 episodes away from finishing anyways. I want to finish up my current watches before I really get into anything new, I really want to watch more of FMP, and I don't wanna have to look up arcs for Gintama, since I don't intend to watch all 300+ episodes any time soon, so I'd obviously have to figure out a good stopping point.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,535. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Is Fullmetal Panic! any good?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,536. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
Is Fullmetal Panic! any good?

It's alright, but The Second Raid is where it gets really good (and unfortunately, it was cut short). I just wanna go through it again since it's been years since I've seen it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,537. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
A major noob moment for me about a year and a half ago:
When I saw surfing Netflix for anime, I found FMA, FMA Brotherhood, Fullmetal Panic!, and Fullmetal Panic! Second Raid, and I thought they were all related...

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,538. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
A major noob moment for me about a year and a half ago:
When I saw surfing Netflix for anime, I found FMA, FMA Brotherhood, Fullmetal Panic!, and Fullmetal Panic! Second Raid, and I thought they were all related...

You're far from the only one. :P

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,539. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
But that was a while ago...now FMA is definitely tied with Death Note for my favorite anime.

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,540. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

RR529 wrote:

...ok. That's cool and I appreciate that but I'm not gonna freak out every time someone mentions that the series exists. Though, while we're talking about the latest film, I've heard it's much better than usual. For a while Conan avoided the mediocre shonen annual movie, since they were genuinely great for a while but that couldn't last for the most part. So I hope this a return to that, as I know the anime team can still make some good stories.

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude or anything, if that's how it sounded (I just knew you liked it, and figured I'd mention it).

On an unrelated note, I finally got around to watching the second & third parts of Angel Cop last night on YouTube. It's not the best futuristic police series out there, but it's been entertaining enough.

Also just read the newest chapter of Bleach! Pretty good chapter. The reason behind certain characters' lack of powers (and how they ended up together in the first place), was finally revealed.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)