Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 5,501 to 5,520 of 11,784

Rocko52

I've heard Fruits Basket is good, my sisters love it.

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Starting Point 1979-1996

Arianabtd

Rocko52 wrote:

I've heard Fruits Basket is good, my sisters love it.

Fruits Basket is that ONE anime, that people who don't usually like anime love to watch.
I personally, didn't really get into it so I never finished.

Anyway here are some Shoujo Suggestions from me: (The Shoujo Queen x3.)
Skip Beat! (Great anime, I think you'd like it, because it ends before any real romantic stuff happens. Like in the manga.)
Ouran HSHC (I showed it to my brother and he loves it, Just don't be scared off by the first episode it gets better by the second episode.)
Acchi Kocchi (I know I keep mentioning its TOO CUTE FOR WORDS. But it's actually really funny.)
Just remember, these shows are aimed at the female demographic, so as these suggestions are from a girl, you might not enjoy them like I did. But I suggest you give them a shot

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Rocko52

@Konata
I'm a brony so...if that says anything... also I actually quite like romance and it irks me that most Shonen authors never put it in, but add in fanservice instead. "Cause we boyz like to look at hot girls, but don't want relationships n' crap."

Anime watching: Mobile Suit Gundam, Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

RR529

Rocko52 wrote:

@Konata
I'm a brony so...if that says anything... also I actually quite like romance and it irks me that most Shonen authors never put it in, but add in fanservice instead. "Cause we boyz like to look at hot girls, but don't want relationships n' crap."

As for shonen series with a large focus on romance, there's InuYasha & Rurouni Kenshin.

Both of which are a couple of my favorites.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Front Mission Evolved

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Arianabtd

@Rocko52
Oh, oh! While @RR529 is on the topic of Shonen. I highly suggest watching Ranma 1/2. It's a great 90's anime.
it's a great series if you're in it for the long haul. (160 some episodes.)
Ranma is seriously, the bestest. (I used to have a little crush on him, shhh. Don't tell anyone.)
I really like the dub. But they change Ranma's voice actor like 50 episodes(?) in. I still liked both voice actors though.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

RR529

Konata wrote:

@Rocko52
Oh, oh! While @RR529 is on the topic of Shonen. I highly suggest watching Ranma 1/2. It's a great 90's anime.
it's a great series if you're in it for the long haul. (160 some episodes.)
Ranma is seriously, the bestest. (I used to have a little crush on him, shhh. Don't tell anyone.)
I really like the dub. But they change Ranma's voice actor like 50 episodes(?) in. I still liked both voice actors though.

Yeah, Ranma 1/2 is good too (it's an earlier project of the creator of InuYasha), but in addition to being a shonen romantic comedy, it also has lots of fanservice (mostly early on).

It is good, though.

Recently Beat: Metroid Prime: Blast Ball, Dokuro, Halo Anniversary, Monument Valley

Rocko52

I'll check them out

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
Huh, oh well.

Anyways I'm very glad I continued with Trigun, I'm really enjoying it now and it's taken a welcome spot in my schedule.

Rocko52

Anyone think Kingdom Hearts'd make a good anime?

RR529

Just finished up chapter 14 of Gunsmith Cats Burst!

I'm so glad I decided to read this. Although I've enjoyed stuff like Metroid & Beach Stars, no manga has engrossed me like some of my favorite anime series (except for the Dragon Ball & Bleach mangas, which I was already a fan of because of their respective anime).

Gunsmith Cats Burst has happily broken that trend, & I'm enjoying it just as much as a great anime.

RR529

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone think Kingdom Hearts'd make a good anime?

If it's anything like the manga, no.

Seriously, they omitted entire worlds, and they took out nearly all the fights (they literally defeated Ansem without any sort of fight, whatsoever).

Rocko52

@RR529
Never said it had to be an adaptation of the manga, why not one continuous series that adapts the entire saga accurately, starting with Birth by Sleep and finishing with Kingdom Hearts III which should be out by then. (And they've alrwady said KH 3 is the end of the Xenahort Saga)

CanisWolfred

Still no. Kingdom Hearts has a terribly overcomplicated story that is descending deeper and deeper into madness with every game. The gameplay is what makes those games worth playing still. Take that out and you're left with just a horrible mess.

Anyways...

@Turtlelink That was pretty cool, though I'm not a fan of Paper Moon personally. Certainly the best fanbud I've encountered, at least.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
Aww...well that's your opinion I guess...

Rocko52

Finally finished episode 3 of Attack on Titan. Although a very different episode, I thought it was great. It's wonderful to see they're keeping the quality up.

Edited on by Rocko52

Rocko52

Anyone know when I should watch the first One Piece movie?

CanisWolfred

Rocko52 wrote:

Anyone know when I should watch the first One Piece movie?

Don't. It's really not very good. In fact...Strong World and One Piece Film Z are the only ones you really need to watch, most of the others aren't that great, IMO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic