Forums

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Posts 5,481 to 5,500 of 11,671

Rocko52

@Konata
Don't worry...none of you will be tired for much longer....
-The Clone Has Escaped-

Anime watching: Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable
Reading: Chuck Amuck

CrimsonFire

Flowers of Evil isn't Terrible, but i haven't decided whether i will continue watching it or not.(Haven't seen the episode today yet)

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
That anime any good?

Anime watching: Space Patrol Luluco, Kiznaiver, & Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Diamond is Unbreakable

RR529

Just finished up the first volume of Gunsmith Cats Burst! For some reason, they have this second series ordered before the original Gunsmith Cats, and since I'm already a good way into it, I'll go ahead and finish it before moving on to the original (that's okay though, since the story of the sequel is unrelated, and it won't give away spoilers regarding the original).

I'm really enjoying it, though. In addition to the great action, the story has really grown as well, with the characters being embroiled in a mob conspiracy, with surprising twists & betrayals occuring regularly.

Avatar: Kagero (FE Fates: Birthright)

Currently Playing: Samurai Warriors: Katana

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

EdJericho

Konata wrote:

@Rocko52
Actually no. It's a picture of my twin sister. We just happen to look EXACTLY the same x3.

You honestly look like my cousin who was also into anime back when she was your age. She's 21 now and isn't into it anymore, don't fall towards the same route Konata-chan.

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
That anime any good?

Yes if you enjoy shounen action genre it'll be up your alley. It's one of my favorite series I even follow it to the current Light Novel volume. The first season of To Aru Majutsu no Index was dubbed and recently the spin off To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (which follows the heroine of the series along with the science side instead of the magic side of the series) was dubbed by Funimation. It's really worth giving it a try.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / PS4 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

CanisWolfred

Every time I hear "Heats" from Getter Robo Armageddon, it always reminds me how incredibly fun that series is. Seriously, from the very first scene where Ryoma is out in Getter-1, singlehandedly fighting off an Army of Getter G's, all the way to the very end, it's pretty much not-stop kick@$$ery. Heck, even the story, while not particularly new or complex on its own, is actually presented in an interesting way, and it's fun to figure out, IMO. The animation in particular is great. The artstyle has a lot of flare to it and it really adds to the experience. The exaggerated facial expressions also helps convey the right amount of hot-blooded emotion that the series is trying to convey. Watch the video I posted above if you don't believe me. I really urge everyone who wants something really fun to watch for 13 episodes give it a watch, though I do recommend reading the synopsis to Getter Robo, so you at least know who everyone is going in. That'll reduce a lot of the immediate confusion, since the story doesn't explain itself until episode 2 or 3...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun
Arooo~

Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

RR529

I watched Jin-Roh: the Wolf Brigade last night on YouTube.

It was animated beautifully, had some very tense & surprising moments, and the story was great (if a bit depressing in parts).

This is one I'll probably want to watch again, some day. Mostly because I watched it late at night (I don't often get the chance to watch stuff during the day), and tiredness has usually set in just enough to make more intricate, deeper story elements kinda go by, lol.

Recently Beat: Shantae & the Pirate's Curse, Tales of Vesperia, Kirby's Dream Land 2

Rocko52

@CanisWolfred
Ever watched anime without any action or violence?

Magikarp3

Watched the second episode of The Flowers of Evil yesterday. It's easy to see why some people would say it's their least favourite anime ever - every single character is hideously unlikable. I don't know if it's because of the weird art style or the rather distancing dialogue, but I certainly have a lot of dislike for all the main leads at the moment. Maybe it's intentional?

Anyway I needed to drop the serious vibe after that anime, so I watched an episode of Photo Kano. On the off chance you haven't decided already, don't watch Photo Kano

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

Arianabtd

@EdJericho
It's funny, a lot of people I meet always tell me I look like someone they know.
Anyways, I'll try my hardest not to go down that route

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

V8_Ninja

While I'm still unchanged on my opinion of Flowers of Evil (that being one of uncertainty), the second episode did show how the series could ultimately fail. The little bit of comedy that was present in the second episode didn't mesh well with the art style nor did it fit the previous tone that the series had established. The dialogue also didn't match well with either the tone nor the more realistic animation/character designs, ultimately coming off as slightly cartoon-ish. But two episodes are not what a series makes. Hopefully the third episode can end those oddities and stick with the more serious elements.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

RR529

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Since it's an interesting question, hope you don't mind if I tackle it, as well.

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time (Movie) - It's about a girl who gains the ability to move back in time, and an interresting narrative follows.

Shin-Chan - In Japan it's a kid's show, but for some reason, when it got localized for the west, they thought it would be a good idea to turn it into a South Park like crude comedy.

Beach Stars (Manga) - There isn't any fighting, or traditional action, but it's a sports manga (beach volleyball), and they naturally make everything look more intense.

There are probably more, but these are what come to mind for me.

Arianabtd

RR529 wrote:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred

Shin-Chan - In Japan it's a kid's show, but for some reason, when it got localized for the west, they thought it would be a good idea to turn it into a South Park like crude comedy

It's also really popular in Korea ^^. I'm not sure if they dubbed it into a crude comedy like they did here.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

Rocko52

Hmmmm, a lot of Shoujo anime seems to not use much if any action, so anyone watched any good Shoujo.

Arianabtd

Rocko52 wrote:

Hmmmm, a lot of Shoujo anime seems to not use much if any action, so anyone watched any good Shoujo.

I have to warn you. Shoujo can be VERY girly. (Which I like, since. You know... I'm a girl.)

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

V8_Ninja

I know this isn't technically Japanese animation, but LOOK AT IT;

IT'S SO DAMN PRETTY!!! It's made by a French company called La Cachette, an independent animation studio whose employees have worked for Disney, Onyx Films, and Les Armateurs. The name of the studio roughly translates to 'The Hideout'.

The first volume of Kairos (Book? Episode? Movie? I don't know french culture.) comes out in two days, on April 25th. If I spoke/read French I would totally import this.

EDIT: Looking at the end of the trailer, that rectangle of a product definitely looks like a book. So yeah, I don't get why a book is being promoted with an animated trailer, but it's still pretty awesome nonetheless.

Edited on by V8_Ninja

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery: http://backloggery.com/v8_ninja

Rocko52

@Konata
I really don't care as long as it's good.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic