General Discussion Forum

Topic: Anime & Manga (NO SPOILERS PLEASE)

Showing 5,481 to 5,500 of 10,613

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,481. Posted:

@Rocko52 My favorites haven't changed much since February:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Heats

Make My Day

One Day

Gundam SEED's Invoke is my personal favorite, but sadly, it's not on youtube. :( Nor is Resonance (Soul Eater's First OP) I also really like Angel Beat's theme, but I think that's been shown plenrty of times before.

Honorable Mention

EDIT: Oh what the hell:

Martian Successor Nadesico
GaoGaiGar
Guilty Crown (OP2)
Fullmetal Alchemist (OP4)
Gundam Wing (OP2)

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

5,482. Posted:

@Rocko52
Actually no. It's a picture of my twin sister. We just happen to look EXACTLY the same x3.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,483. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Why are my links not working?

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,484. Posted:

@Konata
OOOOOH. So you're part of that project...sorry but I'll have to silence you and everyone on this board, possibly this sight within the next 60 minutes.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

5,485. Posted:

@V8_Ninja - Yeah, most of the fury I've seen over Flowers of Evil so far seems to be based on the decision to go in a wildly different direction from the manga's visual style through the use of rotoscoping (I'm not sure if I like that choice, but even if I don't, I'm never going to hold it against an anime, or any other media, for at least trying something different artistically), and less about the show's actual content (which is something that's much more important to me).

While I'm still unsure whether I like it yet, I would hardly call what I've seen so far one of the "worst" anime ever by any stretch. There are way too much poorly-animated, poorly-written harem/fanservice anime out there for Flowers of Evil to ever warrant a mention in that conversation.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,486. Posted:

@Rocko52 You're apparently using curly brackets on some of them. Don't hold shift when you try to put in the brackets.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

5,487. Posted:

@Rocko52 I'm probably just stupid, as I didn't understand what you meant.
Why do I have to be so tired today? >_<.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,488. Posted:

@Konata
Don't worry...none of you will be tired for much longer....
-The Clone Has Escaped-

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

5,489. Posted:

Flowers of Evil isn't Terrible, but i haven't decided whether i will continue watching it or not.(Haven't seen the episode today yet)

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,490. Posted:

I also quite like A Certain Scientific Railgun's theme song:

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,491. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
That anime any good?

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,492. Posted:

Just finished up the first volume of Gunsmith Cats Burst! For some reason, they have this second series ordered before the original Gunsmith Cats, and since I'm already a good way into it, I'll go ahead and finish it before moving on to the original (that's okay though, since the story of the sequel is unrelated, and it won't give away spoilers regarding the original).

I'm really enjoying it, though. In addition to the great action, the story has really grown as well, with the characters being embroiled in a mob conspiracy, with surprising twists & betrayals occuring regularly.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,493. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
That anime any good?

I've heard from plenty of people that it's good, but I wouldn't know personally. I still need to finish A Certain Magical Index before I watch Railgun.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

EdJericho

5,494. Posted:

Konata wrote:

@Rocko52
Actually no. It's a picture of my twin sister. We just happen to look EXACTLY the same x3.

You honestly look like my cousin who was also into anime back when she was your age. She's 21 now and isn't into it anymore, don't fall towards the same route Konata-chan. :(

Rocko52 wrote:

@CanisWolfred
That anime any good?

Yes if you enjoy shounen action genre it'll be up your alley. It's one of my favorite series I even follow it to the current Light Novel volume. The first season of To Aru Majutsu no Index was dubbed and recently the spin off To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (which follows the heroine of the series along with the science side instead of the magic side of the series) was dubbed by Funimation. It's really worth giving it a try.

Edited on by EdJericho

PS3 / 360 / Wii U - EdJericho

3DS Friend Code: 4468-1047-3876 | Nintendo Network ID: EdJericho

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,495. Posted:

Every time I hear "Heats" from Getter Robo Armageddon, it always reminds me how incredibly fun that series is. Seriously, from the very first scene where Ryoma is out in Getter-1, singlehandedly fighting off an Army of Getter G's, all the way to the very end, it's pretty much not-stop kick@$$ery. Heck, even the story, while not particularly new or complex on its own, is actually presented in an interesting way, and it's fun to figure out, IMO. The animation in particular is great. The artstyle has a lot of flare to it and it really adds to the experience. The exaggerated facial expressions also helps convey the right amount of hot-blooded emotion that the series is trying to convey. Watch the video I posted above if you don't believe me. I really urge everyone who wants something really fun to watch for 13 episodes give it a watch, though I do recommend reading the synopsis to Getter Robo, so you at least know who everyone is going in. That'll reduce a lot of the immediate confusion, since the story doesn't explain itself until episode 2 or 3...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

5,496. Posted:

I watched Jin-Roh: the Wolf Brigade last night on YouTube.

It was animated beautifully, had some very tense & surprising moments, and the story was great (if a bit depressing in parts).

This is one I'll probably want to watch again, some day. Mostly because I watched it late at night (I don't often get the chance to watch stuff during the day), and tiredness has usually set in just enough to make more intricate, deeper story elements kinda go by, lol.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

5,497. Posted:

Yeah, Jin-Roh's a good one. I should probably give it another watch someday, too.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

5,498. Posted:

@CanisWolfred
Ever watched anime without any action or violence?

AuthorMessage

Magikarp3

5,499. Posted:

Watched the second episode of The Flowers of Evil yesterday. It's easy to see why some people would say it's their least favourite anime ever - every single character is hideously unlikable. I don't know if it's because of the weird art style or the rather distancing dialogue, but I certainly have a lot of dislike for all the main leads at the moment. Maybe it's intentional?

Anyway I needed to drop the serious vibe after that anime, so I watched an episode of Photo Kano. On the off chance you haven't decided already, don't watch Photo Kano :p

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

5,500. Posted:

@EdJericho
It's funny, a lot of people I meet always tell me I look like someone they know.
Anyways, I'll try my hardest not to go down that route :O

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Konata -> Arianabtd